The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #51
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Drop Enchantress (DM)
Pick Up Sebastian Faust (DM)

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #52
LadyVader
Smile like you mean it.
 
LadyVader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bucharest, Romania. No, really.
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

I hope we get a headsup when the last day for voting is.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nosey little f@%$er, aren't you?
LadyVader is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #53
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Tomorrow.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #54
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

tentative line up for week 5:

Xavier Juggernaut (MU)
Tony Stark: Sorcerer Supreme (MU)
Brainiac 417 w/MonElves (DM)
"Death"Wolverine (MR)
Midnighter (DR)


By the way why is Chunk listed as a middle as he is a regular.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #55
Who?
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 224
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Drop: Locus MR

Pick-up: Captain Mar-Vell MR

Who? is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #56
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

He might be a middleweight. Not sure.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #57
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

He's certainly not a regular.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #58
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

He could be, honestly.

Class 40 strength, energy blasts, cosmic awareness.

We've seen Ronan, the Super Skrull, and the Thing beat him one on one.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #59
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Yeah, but we've also seen him stalemate those guys. There's a reason Eon chose him to stand against Thanos and his ilk.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #60
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

He's got a losing record against all of them as far as I know. All three are middleweights.

Standing against Thanos doesn't quite accurately sum up the power gap between the two.

Thanos has one shotted Captain Mar-Vell.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #61
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

And just 'losing' doesn't accurately reflect his power level either, as far as I can tell. Although my exposure to Captain Mar-Vell is limited, I've been looking around, and it's not like those middleweights take him out easily. Mar-Vell even stands up to Namor, one of the top mediums.

I could very well be wrong in this, but let's look at it this way: Spider-Man is a top-notch regular. Mar-Vell is twice as strong, can fly, and also has some nifty energy manipulation abilities.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #62
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Losing because of a power deficit is indicative of where you stand power-wise. Mar-Vell really isn't as powerful as Ronan or the Super Skrull, hence that being a good sign of where he'd rank.

Mar-Vell can't manipulate energy. He can shoot blasts because of the Nega-Bands.

Genis is the energy manipulator.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #63
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

But Ronan and Super Skrull are on the Mid-Uber border. So couldn't Mar-Vell be a lower middleweight and still lose to them? (I'm in the same boat as Harl. And I probably have less exposure to Mar-Vell than he does.)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #64
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Losing because of a power deficit is indicative of where you stand power-wise. Mar-Vell really isn't as powerful as Ronan or the Super Skrull, hence that being a good sign of where he'd rank.

Mar-Vell can't manipulate energy. He can shoot blasts because of the Nega-Bands.

Genis is the energy manipulator.
Doesn't he have the ability to manipulate solar energy?

I know he can't pull off Genis-level stuff, but I've even come across a mention of transmutation skills.

And like Wieg says, Super Skrull is basically the top of the line med.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #65
Who?
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 224
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

I really don't see why he would be considered above the likes of Zauriel, Coldcast, Batman (1 million), The Ray, Animal Man, Proctor, and Vixen. All have been labeled as Regs.

Who? is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #66
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

You wouldn't say he's more powerful than them?

My instincts say med, but a case can be made for him being a reg.

Considering we've got the Thing as a med though... I mean, sure, the Thing's beaten Mar-Vell, but when one looks at their powers, I'd find the case of Mar-Vell beating the Thing a lot more convincing.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:58 PM   #67
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,534
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

X, how do I make a team now?

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #68
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
Doesn't he have the ability to manipulate solar energy?

I know he can't pull off Genis-level stuff, but I've even come across a mention of transmutation skills.

And like Wieg says, Super Skrull is basically the top of the line med.
He can "manipulate" energy into blasts. That's it.

He can't transmutate things either.

If the Super Skrull is a top of the line middleweight, and Mar-Vell's less powerful than him, that would make him a clear cut middleweight, yes?

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #69
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
X, how do I make a team now?
Ah, Hi Asteroid Man.

You'd request ownership of an ownerless team or ask if you could create a new one from scratch.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #70
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,534
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Can I create a team from scratch? Also how many people can I have?

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #71
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Ah, we've got 12 character rosters.

Even if you picked up an ownerless team you could instantly drop and pick-up whatever characters you wanted, tweaking it as much as you wanted.

So that'd be the same thing as creating a team from scratch.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #72
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
He can "manipulate" energy into blasts. That's it.

He can't transmutate things either.

If the Super Skrull is a top of the line middleweight, and Mar-Vell's less powerful than him, that would make him a clear cut middleweight, yes?
Hey, I say he's a med too.

And he can obviously do more than just fire blasts: 1 and 2, although I'm not to sure on the second one as being very valid as being more than a very specialized energy blast.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #73
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Hmmm. This is a sticky situation. With Mistress Gluon, we have all 14 teams.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #74
LadyVader
Smile like you mean it.
 
LadyVader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Bucharest, Romania. No, really.
Posts: 8,890
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

He could co-own with me if he's interested. I wouldn't mind sharing the workload for once.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nosey little f@%$er, aren't you?
LadyVader is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #75
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,534
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Ah, we've got 12 character rosters.

Even if you picked up an ownerless team you could instantly drop and pick-up whatever characters you wanted, tweaking it as much as you wanted.

So that'd be the same thing as creating a team from scratch.
I want

1-Nightcrawler

2-Batman

3-Flash

4-Superman

5-Wolverine

6-Magneto

7-Galactus

8-Dr. Doom

9-Aquaman

10-Apocalypse

11-Mystique

12-Hulk

Is this ok?

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.