The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #101
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Um. Both Gog and I objected to you getting "All Star" Superman M*, because you used feats he performed in that appearance as arguments for the main Superman M*. Basically, they were the same character in your arguments until you realized I wasn't giving up Superman M*.
Why would Gog object to something he originally proposed? That the All Star Superman was a seperate Superman M* from the original one that we saw? Gog's the one who felt that way originally and made it quite clear.

They definitely had differing appearances.

Regardless, it's an alternate reality. Even if it was the original Superman One Million, that reality diverged when he visited it.

Meaning it's an alternate Superman One Million.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #102
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
Why cause he's in the future and has more technology thus making him more mentally stable? Ok, I'll take him. I'm going to call them the Paladin Platoon.
He's stronger, more ruthless, has that entire room of hero tech...

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 PM   #103
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Why would Gog object to something he originally proposed? That the All Star Superman was a seperate Superman M* from the original one that we saw? Gog's the one who felt that way originally and made it quite clear.

They definitely had differing appearances.

Regardless, it's an alternate reality. Even if it was the original Superman One Million, that reality diverged when he visited it.

Meaning it's an alternate Superman One Million.
Ah, but according to him it was your arguments involving using those feats performed in All-Star that played at least a part in getting Superman M* allowed in. Also, even if you were right, how does the same character visiting two different (possible?) pasts make the future character into two different versions? He's still the same guy in all the realities he visits.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #104
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

What he did in All-Star Superman weren't exclusive feats that made him legal. That's an assumption I've got no idea where you're getting from.

He was allowed in because as he was being debated again we allowed Superboy Prime, with a Sinestro Corps ring none the less. That, and the comparisons I drew between his feats compared to Gladiator's.

No one suddenly looked at the All Star Superman feats and went "Ah! He's perfectly legal now!",

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #105
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Well, anyways, you presented them as evidence when you were arguing for THE Superman M*. But now, suddenly, they're supposed to be two different characters.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #106
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
1-Nightcrawler

2-Nightwing

3-Quicksilver

4-Havok

5-Sabretooth

6-Metallo

7-Solar

8-Dr. Doom

9-Namor

10-The Thing

11-Mystique

12-Hulk

How's this list?

Wait, we gotta slow down a little bit. Before you officially put together a team, we have to make sure that we actually have room for another one. Technically, Mistress Gluon joined up first and has first dibs on taking the last available spot.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't still join up. Lady Vader has already said she'd be willing to co-own her team with you if we don't have room.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #107
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Takes Supes 1Mil to the rankings thread guys.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #108
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

A scene can't be interpreted multiple ways when there are circumstances that can be interpreted in varying ways?

Tim uses an incarnation of Magneto before his "power-up." That's splitting a characters history within a single universe in half.

A very different looking character, in another reality completely, none the less removed from his own time, can't be considered an alternate version?

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #109
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Takes Supes 1Mil to the rankings thread guys.
Actually, why don't you just rule on it? I drafted Superman M* with the thought that I would have access to ALL of his feats. There's not much more I can say that I haven't already.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #110
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

What do you mean "very different" looking? Aside from his godawful haircut, and the fact that he was being drawn by ****ing QUITELY, he looked exactly the same.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #111
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

If the All-Star universe is another reality like the Ultimate universe, then the All-Star Superman M* should be from the All-Star version of the 853rd century, and would be a different character.

But, if All-Star Supes M* referenced anything from the DC 1Mil crossover, that would point to me that their the same character (since they'd have a shared history).

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #112
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

The All-Star Universe is actually the closest thing DC has to an Ultimate Universes. All Star Batman literally is an Ultimates title, the way it's written.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #113
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,447
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

X I thought you asked me to take part and make a team

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #114
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
Weekly Line Up (Tentative)

Martian Manhunter (DU)
Superman (Kingdom Come) (DU)
Gorilla Grodd (DM)
Batman (DR)
Captain America (MR)

X if you would be so kind as to post Links to all your characters I would be most grateful...
Tweaking my roster, Nightwing...

Superman One Million (All-Star) (DU)
Josef Huber (MU)
Temugin (MM)
Batman (One Million) (MR)
Animal Man (Dark) (DR)

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #115
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
X I thought you asked me to take part and make a team
Gah, what do you mean?

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #116
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Are Black Panther and Sandman still on the trading block?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #117
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Tweaking my roster, Nightwing...

Superman One Million (All-Star) (DU)
Josef Huber (MU)
Temugin (MM)
Batman (One Million) (MR)
Animal Man (Dark) (DR)

Didn't we declare Mandarin and Temugin uber, or were we just discussing it?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #118
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

You were, at the elast, pretty close to declaring him Uber, if you hadn't done it already.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #119
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
If the All-Star universe is another reality like the Ultimate universe, then the All-Star Superman M* should be from the All-Star version of the 853rd century, and would be a different character.

But, if All-Star Supes M* referenced anything from the DC 1Mil crossover, that would point to me that their the same character (since they'd have a shared history).
Well, **** yes he referenced things. He said he was the Superman from the 853rd century, he mentions the same "Able to leap from world to world in a single bound". Hell, it even featured Superman-Prime, who referenced New Krypton, which was what was created for him when he returned int he original DC 1 million event. And then there's the brief cameo in All-Star Superman 2, in which Kal Kent is talking about facing Solaris, exactly like what happened in the original event. It is clear this is meant to be the same character Grant created for the original 1 million event.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #120
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Why would a Iron Man rogue who's never shown himself to be more powerful than Iron Man be an uber?

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #121
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
And, I thought Animal Man (Buddy) WAS a Medium?
Buddy is a med. I believe I was told that during a discussion involving Titans Tomorrow Animal Man (i.e., Beast Boy.)

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #122
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Wait, we gotta slow down a little bit. Before you officially put together a team, we have to make sure that we actually have room for another one. Technically, Mistress Gluon joined up first and has first dibs on taking the last available spot.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't still join up. Lady Vader has already said she'd be willing to co-own her team with you if we don't have room.
Or you could let him in, give him four losses for the first four weeks, and let me have a second team!

Feel free to yell at me for being annoying.

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #123
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Are Black Panther and Sandman still on the trading block?
No.

And Animal Man is not a med. He's a reg. I have him.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #124
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Well, **** yes he referenced things. He said he was the Superman from the 853rd century, he mentions the same "Able to leap from world to world in a single bound". Hell, it even featured Superman-Prime, who referenced New Krypton, which was what was created for him when he returned int he original DC 1 million event. And then there's the brief cameo in All-Star Superman 2, in which Kal Kent is talking about facing Solaris, exactly like what happened in the original event. It is clear this is meant to be the same character Grant created for the original 1 million event.
Did he reference the EVENTS of DC One Million?

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #125
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Um. Both Gog and I objected to you getting "All Star" Superman M*, because you used feats he performed in that appearance as arguments for the main Superman M*. Basically, they were the same character in your arguments until you realized I wasn't giving up Superman M*.
All-Star Superman has not yet been officially established as having any ties to the 52 Multiverse. Therefore, however similar they may be, we are looking at two different Supermen One Million.

Aristotle is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.