The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #301
childeroland
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anime that would make great film adaptations

I'm eager for that Kite live film with India Eisely, crossing my fingers they don't muck it up.

Would love to see Madman's girls with guns trilogy (Madlax, Noir, El Cazador de la Bruja) brought to the big screen.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #302
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
I'm eager for that Kite live film with India Eisely, crossing my fingers they don't muck it up.
This was actually going to happen at one point, but I think it died down. The main problem, if I recall, was that whoever was doing it wanted to keep Kite's rape in (since it's important to who she is), but the studio wouldn't go for it. I'd say they probably took a look at the uncut version of the film and say, "Yep, not doing that."

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #303
childeroland
Side-Kick

Well, if they weren't going to do it right, I guess it's better they stay away from it. Shame, though.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #304
Karelia
We Are Groot

I said this a couple of years ago, and it's probably been mentioned in this thread already, but a Zack Snyder directed DBZ film would be epic. /OverNineThousand

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #305
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
I said this a couple of years ago, and it's probably been mentioned in this thread already, but a Zack Snyder directed DBZ film would be epic. /OverNineThousand
I have no doubt that the action scenes would be pitch-perfect in the hands of Snyder but I'm not sure if DBZ would be a good choice for a live-action adaptation. The series is 42 volumes long and is tightly packed. I don't think 42 volumes can fit in 4 or 5 films, assuming each is at least 2 hours long. Heck, I don't even think Snyder would be willing to do that many DBZ films especially since he is busy with DC films plus is doing other films on the side.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #306
Lord
All Mighty

That's why they should end in Freeza's or Cell's saga.

Dragon Ball Trilogy > Vegeta arc > Namek arc

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #307
Loki882
Side-Kick

How would you even do a live-action kite movie? You have a teenage girl who's essentially been a sex slave since she was like twelve. Plus, another very young girl is raped in the OVA. I'm pretty sure that there a child obscenity laws against showing that. But you can't cut it out since it's important to the story.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #308
Loki882
Side-Kick

Ghost in the Shell could make for a great live action movie if done right. Rurouni Kenshin already had a great live-action movie adaptation (and an upcoming sequel).

Old 07-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #309
Victarion
Cut

I'd cap a DBZ series with Cell and (Goku's heart disease), since he can be tied back to the Red Ribbon Army. Ideally the RR Army would be a major force in the first DB film, alongside Demon King Piccolo. I'd like to see Berserk or The Slayers done on film, live action. Especially if Jackson's Hobbit trilogy leaves the GA with a jaded outlook on High Fantasy.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #310
Arawn Fenn
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Ghost in the Shell could make for a great live action movie if done right.
I think it would be hard to do right. Especially the way I would want it, in subtitled Japanese with an Asian cast.

Hollywood's version? I don't know if I would want to see that.

Arawn Fenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #311
childeroland
Side-Kick

When They Cry is so much like a Koji Shirashi film already that I'd love to see him tackle this.

Would love to see Maria Watches Over Us adapted.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #312
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Just watched Claymore recently and I'm thinking this could be one awesome franchise...

They could adapt the anime series into a trilogy, but rather go with the manga ending then the series... Then they can wait like 4-5years to start a new trilogy that would be the after the 7 year leap from the manga

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #313
iwontsaveu
Side-Kick

berserk or attack on titan

iwontsaveu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #314
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn Fenn View Post
I think it would be hard to do right. Especially the way I would want it, in subtitled Japanese with an Asian cast.

Hollywood's version? I don't know if I would want to see that.
Blade Runner proves that it can be done well, at least from a visual perspective. Whether the themes/ideas can be done well, I'd like to see them try at least.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #315
Lord
All Mighty

Anything can be done, as long as the people behind it know what they're doing. That's how american comic book adaptations are being so successful.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #316
Loki882
Side-Kick

I heard that Spielberg wanted to make a GITS movie a while back, that could be cool if it ever happens. Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code, Warcraft) would be a good choice as well.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #317
Lord
All Mighty

Been reading Berserk latelly, and damn, a well done film of this could be amazing. Problem is how to do the Golden Age arc without destroying it, would probaby need 2 movies. Though before that, there would probably need to be made a movie adapting the first 3 volumes in the style of Solomon Kane, but done cheaper, otherwise it will just fail in the box office.

Unless you did the basic plot from those volumes as suplements in the Golden Age arc adaptation.

About those that don't think Fullmetal Alchemist would work, i have to ask: Really? It would only work as an animation? Out of the shonens, it's pretty much the easiest to adapt and with the special effects nowadays, it wouldn't be all that expensive.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 02-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #318
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Basically you could do a film trilogy on the Golden Age arc without too much set up. The Anime was pretty much just the Golden Age without any of the Black Swordsman stuff, made for an interesting progression of low fantasy to high fantasy.

Though a HBO GoT style series would be better IMO

Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #319
Lord
All Mighty

I was reading the up until the middle of the religion arc thinking that a tv show would be the best way to adapt, but ended up changing my mind. My guess would be for the first film to more or less adapt the Black Swordsman arc, acting as an introduction to the characters and mythos in a relativelly cheap way, trying to make a more simple film with a begining, middle and end.

Then after that they would do Golden Age, you could make an epic 3 hours film if some things in the middle were changed but were able to convey the same idea without rushing the story (the films are an example of what happens when you rush it). Or, you could do a 2 parter epic, each film having around 2 hours and a half, three films seems like king of a stretch in my opinion, as long as each had a decent legth, 2 films should be enough.

Conviction and Millenium Empire would be easier to adapt in a single movie, there's much stuff you can cut or that you need to change in order to work better in live-action, both arcs even have a similar structure in that it starts with a simple story (Fairies/Trolls) and then goes into a larger event.

Considering the pacing and the scale, i just think that cinema would be a better way to adapt this manga. I think it's strange that studios aren't jumping at the oportunity to do this, but then again, Hollywood seems to mostly ignore mangas and animes, even if some of them are perfect for the big screen.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #320
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Plus the Eclipse is pretty intense no matter how you do it.