The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #2551
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen news,info, etc thread

I am fine with Megatron teaming up with the Autobots.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #2552
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I have just been thinking, with Jazz, Prime's first lieutenant, dying in the first movie, wouldnt it have made sense that Prowl be in this to take his place?

Also, Megatron teaming up with the Autobots sounds awesome to me, no matter how cliche it is.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #2553
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
me too. as long as he doesn't officially become an autobot, and the autobot's aren't stupid enough to assume that it's a permanent team up, I'll be fine w/ it.

I could see the autobots preferring the lesser of 2 evils. (like when they teamed up w/ the decepticons to fight unicron in that 1 cartoon.)

1) The Avengers, 2) The Dark Knight, 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier, 4) The Dark Knight Rises, 5) The Incredible Hulk, 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World,7) X-Men:FirstClass,8) Thor, 9) Thor:The Dark World, 10) Spider-Man 2,
Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #2554
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I have just been thinking, with Jazz, Prime's first lieutenant, dying in the first movie, wouldnt it have made sense that Prowl be in this to take his place?
I dont see why.

Althou it was implied on the tech specs that Prowl was 2nd in command he was never really displayed as such in the G1 cartoon and not so much either in the G1 U.S. comics.

Also, Megatron teaming up with the Autobots sounds awesome to me, no matter how cliche it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
I could see the autobots preferring the lesser of 2 evils. (like when they teamed up w/ the decepticons to fight unicron in that 1 cartoon.)
Thats not exactly what happened in the G1 cartoon.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #2555
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Thats not exactly what happened in the G1 cartoon.
I meant armada. at least I think they teamed up. (I never actually watched that show.)

1) The Avengers, 2) The Dark Knight, 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier, 4) The Dark Knight Rises, 5) The Incredible Hulk, 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World,7) X-Men:FirstClass,8) Thor, 9) Thor:The Dark World, 10) Spider-Man 2,
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #2556
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
I meant armada. at least I think they teamed up. (I never actually watched that show.)
They did team up in the Unicron trilogy.[trilogy=Armada,Energon,Cybertron]

Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #2557
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Prowl could be saved for the third, or at least I hope(as well as Thundercracker if he doesn't show up in ROTF), but Prowl could also be assuming leadership roles in the Autobots main ship, wherever it is(the Ark, is it? Lol...I don't know my Transformers that well). The Nemesis is either on Mars or just hovering in space, and the Ark could be doing the same.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #2558
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I dont see why.

Althou it was implied on the tech specs that Prowl was 2nd in command he was never really displayed as such in the G1 cartoon and not so much either in the G1 U.S. comics.
He has been in the move recent comics like War Within and the recent Infiltration series, these care the comics they should be following IMO.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #2559
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
He has been in the move recent comics like War Within and the recent Infiltration series, these care the comics they should be following IMO.
That post was a little hard to follow.....but I think I understand you.

But even in the more recent comics he's not very effective as a 2nd in command.

He hasnt been respected by all in the IDW comics,Ironhide right out challenging him and Jazz taking over as if Prowls rank ment nothing.

And he wasnt very well respected as a leader in the War Within either.Many left his group to form their own sub-groups.

One thing seems to be universal about Prowl....they call him 2nd in command but he's never really depicted as being effective.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #2560
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would've thought so. Prowl was always one of the Autobots that I was hoping would make it into ROTF. Though it seems like he didn't make the cut.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #2561
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Me neither, so long as he royally shafts them in the back at some point or another.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #2562
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:

He hasnt been respected by all in the IDW comics,Ironhide right out challenging him and Jazz taking over as if Prowls rank ment nothing.

And he wasnt very well respected as a leader in the War Within either.Many left his group to form their own sub-groups.

One thing seems to be universal about Prowl....they call him 2nd in command but he's never really depicted as being effective.
It's true, Prowl quite often has the problem of keeping those under his command in line. Ratchet in the Infiltration is a good example of this when he exposed himself to the human characters going directly against orders leading to a narrow confrontation with Prowl. Regardless of this, I still like Prowl as the calculating character, tactician if you would, definitely a strong warrior.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #2563
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
It's true, Prowl quite often has the problem of keeping those under his command in line. Ratchet in the Infiltration is a good example of this when he exposed himself to the human characters going directly against orders leading to a narrow confrontation with Prowl. Regardless of this, I still like Prowl as the calculating character, tactician if you would, definitely a strong warrior.
Ohhh dont get me wrong.....I would love to see Prowl in the movie.

What I'm questioning is the idea that it would be logical for him to be introduced because he's the 2nd in command.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #2564
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

Does it matter if he is effective? It would just make sense to me seeing as Jazz died in the first movie to have a replacement for him. Who knows, in-fighting between the Autobots could be a good plot device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I would've thought so. Prowl was always one of the Autobots that I was hoping would make it into ROTF. Though it seems like he didn't make the cut.
It is a shame, good character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
As I said above it doesnt really matter if others go off and dont follow his orders, Grimlock does it to Prime often enough, it could be a good plot point to see in-fighting and disillution in the Autobot ranks.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #2565
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does it matter if he is effective?.
Yes if the argument is about the wether Prowl is the logical replacement as 2nd in command because Jazz is dead.

Plain and simple Prowl was never featured as a leader or as a true 2nd in command.

And to say he should be in the film simple because he is the next in line of the command structure would be in error.

Quote:
It would just make sense to me seeing as Jazz died in the first movie to have a replacement for him.
Yes that makes sense but what doesnt is that Prowl is the one that fits that bill naturally.

Ultra Magnus,Springer,Kup,Ironhide would fit that role far better in that role based on what we saw in the G1 toon.

Althou I too would prefer to see Prowl, its just not the logical choise.

Quote:
Who knows, in-fighting between the Autobots could be a good plot device..
Good idea

Quote:
It is a shame, good character.
Agreed.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #2566
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Yes if the argument is about the wether Prowl is the logical replacement as 2nd in command because Jazz is dead.

Plain and simple Prowl was never featured as a leader or as a true 2nd in command.

And to say he should be in the film simple because he is the next in line of the command structure would be in error.
I dont see how it would, he was second in command to both Sentinel Prime and Optimus Prime, so it is natural he could take Jazz's place as the one to oversea things when Prime isnt there.

Yes that makes sense but what doesnt is that Prowl is the one that fits that bill naturally.

Quote:
Ultra Magnus,Springer,Kup,Ironhide would fit that role far better in that role based on what we saw in the G1 toon.

Althou I too would prefer to see Prowl, its just not the logical choise.
I think it was obvious from the start we werent getting Ultra Magnus, one of my favouite Autobots.

Springer is the leader of the wreckers but not a lieutenant and Kup and Ironhide were never of that rank in the comics, well, maybe Kup.

Quote:
Good idea

Agreed.
Maybe something for the 3rd movie to look at then?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #2567
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The UK Toy Fair 2009 kicked off today, and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was represented in rare style. Hisstank and 2005 Boards Member streetfield1 was in attendance and has shared a huge wealth of information with us.

- Devastator will be around about 2 feet tall and built like a gorilla.
- The Human Alliance Bumblebee that we have been seeing recently will be the first release in his range.
- No toys of the Fallen at present.
- There will be new Robot Replicas of Ironhide, Ratchet and Starscream.
- More information on the RPM - Robot Powered Machines - line. The cars are "Hot Wheels style" and are mainly Autobots, with their robot modes embossed on the bottom. The racetrack has tracks all over the place, and instead of the central "mountain" you sometimes see on these tracks, you've got Devastator!
- There will be a radio controlled Optimus Prime truck with Peter Cullen soundclips.
- The tank mode Megatron toy (which version is not specified) was on display, although nobody was available to comment on whether or not he is in the film.

Some footage, featuring animatics, was also shown. If you do not want to be spoiled, look away now!

- Devastator is... devastating! The mixing drum in his chest becomes a massive turbine grinder. It creates a turbine effect, sucking everything in Devastator's path up, and spitting it out of his back.
- Wheelie is effectively confirmed as a remote controlled car, in line with other rumors we have heard recently.
- Legions of Decepticon drones, resembling Frenzy, will cause carnage in the Witwicky household.
- Sam fights for his life on top of a car against Pretender Alice.
- Captain Lennox also gets to see some serious action against the Decepticons, with full helicopter backup.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #2568
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Haha, what if Devastator was two feet in the movie.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #2569
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont see how it would, he was second in command to both Sentinel Prime and Optimus Prime, so it is natural he could take Jazz's place as the one to oversea things when Prime isnt there.
The flaw in that logic is that your mixing continuities.I pointed out the G1 cartoon in my post and there was no "Sentinel Prime" in the G1 toon.

But since you brought it up......he was only 2nd in command in name only.

He was not an effective 2nd under either "Prime", his orders were questioned if no disobeyed, a good number of his troops left his side as soon as Optimus was lost in limbo.

Sorry but he's just not the natural choice for a 2nd in command role.

Quote:
I think it was obvious from the start we werent getting Ultra Magnus, one of my favouite Autobots.
A shame

Quote:
Springer is the leader of the wreckers but not a lieutenant
He's an effective leader.

He's been portrayed as such in the toon and the comics.

Regardless if he's not a lieutenant, he would make a far more natural and logical 2nd in command.

Quote:
and Kup and Ironhide were never of that rank in the comics, well, maybe Kup.
Rank isint everything.

Natural ability and effectiveness are whats needed for a 2nd in command durring a war.

Rank can be given or earned.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #2570
bumblebear
Side-Kick

from tfw2005.com

The Chevy Beat and Trax robot modes from Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen have been revealed at the ROTF game site!! Once you join, you can check out Skids & Mudflap! Click on the thumbnail to the left for a closer look at their robot modes!

rotf game site: http://www.transformersgame.com/

Old 01-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #2571
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Ugly heads... but the bodies look good.

There's a better version of these two roaming the net which shows off their chests better.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #2572
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

SFTE Linky

Quote:
So,

The Super Bowl spot is coming Sunday in the third Quarter (few minutes into the quarter slot). The spot will be online a few minutes after that - The full length teaser trailer will only be on Friday the Thirteenth. It will not hit the internet until a week later. The Teaser really only teases stuff - I'm holding so much stuff back from the final trailers because I personally hate going to movies where you have seen it all.

Tell me what you think,

Michael

Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #2573
dark_b
Side-Kick

for the superbowl spot they will need some moneyshots. with that kind of expensive spot it would not make sense to show the title, sam, and some shadow of OP.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #2574
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
for the superbowl spot they will need some moneyshots. with that kind of expensive spot it would not make sense to show the title, sam, and some shadow of OP.
I'd be pricless if we a shadow of OP. Everyone will look on in confusing as to say wtf, we know what he looks like.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:50 AM   #2575
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebear View Post

from tfw2005.com

The Chevy Beat and Trax robot modes from Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen have been revealed at the ROTF game site!! Once you join, you can check out Skids & Mudflap! Click on the thumbnail to the left for a closer look at their robot modes!

rotf game site: http://www.transformersgame.com/
So these are the twins? Dissapointing, were Skids and Mudflap even in the cartoon/comics?

Closed Thread