The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #2576
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen news,info, etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
The flaw in that logic is that your mixing continuities.I pointed out the G1 cartoon in my post and there was no "Sentinel Prime" in the G1 toon.

But since you brought it up......he was only 2nd in command in name only.

He was not an effective 2nd under either "Prime", his orders were questioned if no disobeyed, a good number of his troops left his side as soon as Optimus was lost in limbo.

Sorry but he's just not the natural choice for a 2nd in command role.
The first movie already mixed both the cartoon and the comics, so I have no doubt this one will as well. In that regard, Prowl should be in there as 2nd in command.

Quote:
A shame
Truly, awesome character.

Quote:
He's an effective leader.

He's been portrayed as such in the toon and the comics.

Regardless if he's not a lieutenant, he would make a far more natural and logical 2nd in command.
He is an effective leader of a small group, being 2nd in command to Optimus Prime of all the Autobots is a totally different situation.

Quote:
Rank isint everything.

Natural ability and effectiveness are whats needed for a 2nd in command durring a war.

Rank can be given or earned.
Ability and effectiveness are the things that get you a high rank, so Prowl did something right in the comics, whether we got to see it or not, Prowl did something to earn his status, so IMO, it would be natural for him to take over Jazz's role in the first movie.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #2577
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
So these are the twins? Dissapointing, were Skids and Mudflap even in the cartoon/comics?
Skids was a G1 Autobot character....he was shown in 1 episode of G1 [maybe 2] but had a better role in Marvels G1 comic.

Mudflap was a Decepticon from the Cybertron serries.....thats all the info I have on him.

Quote:
The first movie already mixed both the cartoon and the comics, so I have no doubt this one will as well.
Hardly.

The first movie told its own continuity..... barely touching anything from either the cartoon or the comics other then the Basic concepts.

Quote:
In that regard, Prowl should be in there as 2nd in command.
And again there's no bases for the school of thought that Prowl "SHOULD" be there and "SHOULD BE 2ND IN COMMAND".

I can see a desire for him to be in the movie but there's no logical argument that would place him in the movie as 2nd in command over other more likely characters.

Quote:
Truly, awesome character.
Agreed

Quote:
He is an effective leader of a small group, being 2nd in command to Optimus Prime of all the Autobots is a totally different situation.
And Prowl has never been shown to be 2nd in command of "ALL" the Autobots under Optimus Prime.

Prowls only been shown to command Primes detachment when Prime was not available.The only time it looked like he would have to take full leadership Jazz took over.

Sorry but Prowl hasnt been in charge if a large group with any effectiveness.......Springer, wether in charge of a small group or not, is a far better leader.

Quote:
Ability and effectiveness are the things that get you a high rank,
Presumably.......simple fact is Prowl has never exhibited any real skill and effectiveness in a leadership role......and I believe Jazz taking over in the current story arc is evidence of that fact.

Quote:
so Prowl did something right in the comics,whether we got to see it or not, Prowl did something to earn his status,
You can assume.....Rank can be bought and can be erned by years of loyl service.

He may have been in the service so long that he's erned the rank wether he's up to the job or not.

The point is we dont know what earned him the rank but he's never shown that he's the natural choice for 2nd in command.

And high Rank is not always a sing of great command ability.Just look at the command structure of the Enterprise on Star trek the original series.

When Kirk and Spock werent around Scottie took over most of the times....but it wasnt just because of his rank.

Mr.Scott held a rank of Lieutenant commander.....but so did Dr.Leonard McCoy and you never saw him commanding the ship while Kirk and Spock werent around.

Also on a number of occasions we saw Lieutenant Sulu command the Enterprise when either McCoy or Scott were available.....and both had greater Rank then Sulu.

Rank is not always earned by demonstrating command effectiveness.

To make this as simple as I can.....greater rank does not compare to natural leadership ability.

Quote:
so IMO, it would be natural for him to take over Jazz's role in the first movie.
As its your opinion I wont argue.....but logicaly he's not the natural candidate for the role.

Last edited by sto_vo_kor_2000; 01-31-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #2578
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Prowl would be awesome to see though.

He might not being in use because we already have a police car TF.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #2579
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Prowl would be awesome to see though.
Yes he would.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #2580
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Could he be used as just a regular car instead of a cop car?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #2581
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebear View Post

from tfw2005.com

The Chevy Beat and Trax robot modes from Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen have been revealed at the ROTF game site!! Once you join, you can check out Skids & Mudflap! Click on the thumbnail to the left for a closer look at their robot modes!

rotf game site: http://www.transformersgame.com/
I think it was noted somewhere that these two will be the comic relief in the film, I can definitely some cheeky-ness to these two. If they fight in unison it's going to be great to watch.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-01-2009, 04:01 AM   #2582
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
I think it was noted somewhere that these two will be the comic relief in the film, I can definitely some cheeky-ness to these two. If they fight in unison it's going to be great to watch.
I was think the same thing.

Also, that bot at the end of the teaser, was that Devastator or one constructicon?

Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 AM   #2583
Bayless
Decepticon

just one. the one theres toy shots of already

Old 02-01-2009, 04:14 AM   #2584
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayless View Post
just one. the one theres toy shots of already
Ah, yes, now I see. Kinda strange that it's that big in robot mode

Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #2585
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Could he be used as just a regular car instead of a cop car?
What would be the point of leaving out one of the more distinctive parts of his design.

He wouldnt be reminiscent of G1 Prowl with out being a Cop vehicular of some kind.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 AM   #2586
November Rain
Single Mother

the twins looks they should have been the height bumblebee should have been in the first.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #2587
oakzap425
Side-Kick

No sunny and sides as the twins. Only Phail so far, Bay.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #2588
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Skids was a G1 Autobot character....he was shown in 1 episode of G1 [maybe 2] but had a better role in Marvels G1 comic.

Mudflap was a Decepticon from the Cybertron serries.....thats all the info I have on him.
Shame, we could have had more well known characters.

Quote:
Hardly.

The first movie told its own continuity..... barely touching anything from either the cartoon or the comics other then the Basic concepts.

And again there's no bases for the school of thought that Prowl "SHOULD" be there and "SHOULD BE 2ND IN COMMAND".

I can see a desire for him to be in the movie but there's no logical argument that would place him in the movie as 2nd in command over other more likely characters.
With the 2nd movie borrowing more from the comics, Prowl would have been the logical choiceIMO

Quote:
Agreed

Quote:
And Prowl has never been shown to be 2nd in command of "ALL" the Autobots under Optimus Prime.

Prowls only been shown to command Primes detachment when Prime was not available.The only time it looked like he would have to take full leadership Jazz took over.

Sorry but Prowl hasnt been in charge if a large group with any effectiveness.......Springer, wether in charge of a small group or not, is a far better leader.
It isnt really about who the better leader is, but who should replace Jazz as 2nd in command, Prowl seemed the most logical to me.

Quote:
Presumably.......simple fact is Prowl has never exhibited any real skill and effectiveness in a leadership role......and I believe Jazz taking over in the current story arc is evidence of that fact.

You can assume.....Rank can be bought and can be erned by years of loyl service.

He may have been in the service so long that he's erned the rank wether he's up to the job or not.

The point is we dont know what earned him the rank but he's never shown that he's the natural choice for 2nd in command.

And high Rank is not always a sing of great command ability.Just look at the command structure of the Enterprise on Star trek the original series.

When Kirk and Spock werent around Scottie took over most of the times....but it wasnt just because of his rank.

Mr.Scott held a rank of Lieutenant commander.....but so did Dr.Leonard McCoy and you never saw him commanding the ship while Kirk and Spock werent around.

Also on a number of occasions we saw Lieutenant Sulu command the Enterprise when either McCoy or Scott were available.....and both had greater Rank then Sulu.

Rank is not always earned by demonstrating command effectiveness.

To make this as simple as I can.....greater rank does not compare to natural leadership ability.

As its your opinion I wont argue.....but logicaly he's not the natural candidate for the role.
He got the rank, and has held for a long time for a reason, so he cant be that bad, which is why he just seems the logical choice as the new 2nd in command.

Plus, I think Jazz taking over in the comics was more to do with the popularity of the character more than anything.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #2589
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Shame, we could have had more well known characters.
Agreed

Quote:
With the 2nd movie borrowing more from the comics, Prowl would have been the logical choiceIMO
And again thats an assumption.

Regardless if the "Fallen" is really in refrance to the "comic only character" we dont know how much Bay is really borrowing from the comics so to make any leeps between the two would be in-advised.

And besides....Prowl in the comics wasnt much of a leader either.

Quote:
It isnt really about who the better leader is, but who should replace Jazz as 2nd in command, Prowl seemed the most logical to me.
How do you determin who should replace Jazz as 2nd in command with out thinking about who would be the better leader???

Sorry buddy but your logic is flawed.

If your just looking for a cool character to replace Jazz then fine but if your looking for a logical replacement for the position of 2nd in command then Prowl is not the logical choice.

Quote:
He got the rank, and has held for a long time for a reason, so he cant be that bad, which is why he just seems the logical choice as the new 2nd in command.
More assumptions.

We dont know what got him the rank and we dont know what held it for him.

But one way or the other he seems to fail everytime he takes command.

Quote:
Plus, I think Jazz taking over in the comics was more to do with the popularity of the character more than anything.
I highly doubt that.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #2590
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

so does anybody know who the giant guy w/ the 2 giant wheels was?

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #2591
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
He was one Constructicon.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #2592
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
He was this guy

And it appears that he's going to be one of the Construticons

Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #2593
brimstone_halo
Side-Kick

Anybody know his name?

Old 02-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #2594
Frank Castle 4
Newbie First Class

Scrapper if memory serves; looks to be called Steamshovel now though.

Last edited by Frank Castle 4; 02-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #2595
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Agreed

Quote:
And again thats an assumption.

Regardless if the "Fallen" is really in refrance to the "comic only character" we dont know how much Bay is really borrowing from the comics so to make any leeps between the two would be in-advised.

And besides....Prowl in the comics wasnt much of a leader either.
Orci specifically stated in his Q&A sessions on TFW2005 that more would be borrowed/adapted from the comics.

Quote:
How do you determin who should replace Jazz as 2nd in command with out thinking about who would be the better leader???

Sorry buddy but your logic is flawed.

If your just looking for a cool character to replace Jazz then fine but if your looking for a logical replacement for the position of 2nd in command then Prowl is not the logical choice.
How is he not the logical choice when he is 2nd in command to Prime in the comics? It has nothing to do with how successful he is, he holds that role.

Quote:
More assumptions.

We dont know what got him the rank and we dont know what held it for him.

But one way or the other he seems to fail everytime he takes command.
Again, success doesnt matter, Prime very rarely beats Megatron, but it doesnt stop him trying. Same with Prowl.

Quote:
I highly doubt that.
Come on, we both know Jazz is a helluva lot more popular than Prowl

Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #2596
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Orci specifically stated in his Q&A sessions on TFW2005 that more would be borrowed/adapted from the comics.
Which amounts to squat.

He also said he was sticking to G1 characterazations in the first film and sticking with established Star Trek continuity in the new Star trek film.

His word can not be relied on.

Quote:
How is he not the logical choice when he is 2nd in command to Prime in the comics?It has nothing to do with how successful he is, he holds that role.
Because this is not the comics.

And if your going to try to figure out whos the logical replacement....then you have to do it logically.

And logically speaking.....Prowl sucks as a 2nd in command.

Quote:
Again, success doesnt matter,
It does when determining the logical replacement for 2nd in command.

Quote:
Come on, we both know Jazz is a helluva lot more popular than Prowl
At a time maybe....but I dont think thats the case these days.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #2597
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

I don't see why they can't make prowl 2nd in command in the movie (to be like the comics[?]) and ALSO make him good @ his job? stranger things have happened.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #2598
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't see why they can't make prowl 2nd in command in the movie (to be like the comics[?]) and ALSO make him good @ his job? stranger things have happened.
I'm not saying they cant or they shouldnt.

My argument is simplely that Prowl is just not the logical replacement that comes to mind.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #2599
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

what happened to wheeljack? is he not going to appear in the film?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #2600
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
what happened to wheeljack? is he not going to appear in the film?
So far, no word.

Closed Thread