The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #276
Chris B
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Transformers 2 news,info, etc thread

In regards to voice casting, I'm hoping they cast Soundwave early much like they did for Optimus when TF1 was in production. Just to know whether or not Frank Welker will be brought back.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #277
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

It would be a shame to waste a pretty face like that on a bot.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #278
millennium movies
Banned User

Quote:
IESB Exclusive: Transformers 2 Character Breakdowns Plus New Decepticons! Written by Robert Sanchez Thursday, 03 April 2008 With a sequel to the mega-hit Transformers coming, fans everywhere are excited about seeing old friends again on the big screen. OK BIG SPOILER WARNING PEOPLE! BEWARE...

The big questions are who will be back and what new characters will we see? Which new heroes and baddies will we get to see on the big screen this time around? There has been some web speculation that Transformers 2 is already in production, that is not accurate, it's public knowledge that Michael Bay worked on the script during the WGA strike and once it was over it was handed over to the writing trio of Kurtzman/Orci/Kruger. So a lot of prep work has already been done on the film getting ready for the upcoming July start date, the film is definitely gearing up for the intended mid-summer start date.

Now, on with the ROBOT ROLL CALL!

First, the Decepticons will be getting some new help in the form of Constructicons. In the cartoons, their names were Scrapper, Bonecrusher, Scavenger, Mixmaster, Hook and Long Haul. And what do we get when they all combine and form one huge ass robot? Thatís right boys and girls, we are going to see DEVASTATOR on the big screen!

A REALLY BIG ****ING ROBOT IS COMING!
It's hard to tell what Michael Bay and his merry band of filmmaker friends will be calling the Constructicons in Transformers 2, but the above names will most likely change, especially considering that they used the name "Bonecrusher" in the first film.

Fan Art Image courtesy the creative minds at Rise Studio

In addition to the Constructicon news, the IESB has just been given the following human character/casting breakdowns -
[CHUCK] 19-25 yrs., Sam's roommate at Princeton. He runs a conspiracy theory website. Funny in an irreverent, edgy way, he is shocked to see his conspiracy theories come to life. (2nd Lead)

[U.S. MILITARY LEADER] Late 20s/early 30s, African American with a great sense of humor and a tough military presence. (Supporting lead)

[UK SPECIAL FORCES LEADER] British, in his early to mid 30s, smart and capable. Can be Caucasian, Black, East Indian. (Supporting lead)

[GALLOWAY] Early 40s-early 50s, male, National Security Advisor and presidential liaison. A curt man who is tightly wound. (Supporting Lead)

[PROFESSOR COLAN] 40s, Sam's physics professor at Princeton. He's a self-satisfied intellectual who compares himself to Einstein, and is arrogant enough to wear leather pants to look cool. (1 Scene)

[THERESA] Early 30s; she's Sgt. Epps' wife, has 4 kids, sassy and sexy, good with comedy. Submit African American actresses only

[MOMMA SIMMONS] This NY Momma is in her late 60s / early 70s. She runs a deli/ butcher shop with her son in Brooklyn. Tough and sarcastic. (1 Scene)

[MASSIVE DYNAMICS CEO] 50s, male, this Corporate CEO appears in front of congress to testify. (1 speech/scene)

[TEXAS CONGRESSMAN] 55-65 yrs., on a Congressional Committee investigating the purpose of the "Automated Defensive Initiative" developed by Massive Dynamics.

[FBI DIRECTOR] Mid 50s, male, giving a press release assuring the public they will be safe against attacks. (1 speech/scene)

[CNN REPORTER] Reporting on missile strikes and bombings in various cities. Submit male / female, all ethnicities (1 speech)

**On a related note, there is a rumor circulating on the Don Murphy message boards that Natassia Malthe has been cast aleady in Transformers 2, but we haven't not gotten any confirmation on that tidbit, so that's pure speculation at this point.

We have reached out to Paramount Pictures as well as to different members of the production company to confirm the above story, but they have not yet responded to our requests.

As soon as we hear something from our friends at the studio we will let you know!
Stay tuned to the IESB as we continue to bring you the latest news on Transformers 2!
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...4663&Itemid=99

Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #279
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

It certainly is interesting, but how much can be trusted? We know Bay wanted to spread misinformation on this one.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #280
millennium movies
Banned User

I'm starting to think the cars being moved around town are just to take attention away from something else...

Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #281
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
It certainly is interesting, but how much can be trusted? We know Bay wanted to spread misinformation on this one.
Yeah, it kind of kills it for me knowing this could all be BS, I don't want to get my hopes up.

The inclusion of the Contructicons would be awesome, seeing Devastator in action would be epic just like his transformation.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #282
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Still, I don't think it'd be named Devastator. They already used that name in the last movie.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #283
millennium movies
Banned User

They were so lazy with the first one and never bothered to correct that damn mistake...

Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #284
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I guess they could recycle the name

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #285
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

The first comment here says Bay doesn't consider it a mistake.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #286
millennium movies
Banned User

WTF..."everything else is wrong"??? Like i said, lazy bastard...

Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #287
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I think the toy was called Brawl, but that was because of Hasbro and the naming rights.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 AM   #288
Attikus
ATTIKUS

In the Transformers sequel you will see something a Transformer has never done in the history of mechanical transformations... Sam (Shia) will have a new love interest at Princeton, she's a new hottie who's always hitting on him... she will also transform into a f-ing machine! She will transform into a small vehicle and try to kill him... seems Sam is an important cog in the coming battle between Autobots and Decepticons and he must be destroyed...

Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #289
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I don't see why two Decepticons can't be named Bonecrusher.. I mean Cybertron has thousands/millions of Decepticons, surely two or three have the same name. It's like ppl down here on Earth not naming their son, Michael, because the name Michael has been taken....... there's no excuse not to use the name Bonecrusher again, other than Hasbro wanting to make more money.

Love the Devastator pic above btw.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #290
Figs
Banned User

I hope that list of characters is false. I really am not liking the cast of characters...more useless time wasters.

C'mon! Sam really needs a room mate who just happens to be a conspiracy theorist...reminds me to much of the scheming hackers in the first film...no thanks.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #291
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

hold on.... i missed that last bit of Chuck's bio last time. He's a main chartacter?

Simmons ma is simply there to show us what he's been up to since S7 was canned

Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #292
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Devastator looks freaking wicked .

Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #293
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
[U.S. MILITARY LEADER] Late 20s/early 30s, African American with a great sense of humor and a tough military presence. (Supporting lead
isnt that exactly what epps was?

R.I.P. Heath
Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #294
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

It would seem by that character bio that they've not been able to get.... him back for TF2

Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #295
Overman27pj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
Devastator looks freaking wicked .
He would look nothing like that, but probably just as cool, in the movie.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #296
fenox
Side-Kick

NOW TRY TO IMAGIN THE FALLOWING PIC TRANSFORM INTO ONE BOT
WITH EACH CAR BECOMING A LIMB, TRANSFORMING LIKE IN THE MOVIE
THAT WOULD BE WICKED I THINK:

THAT WOULD BE ONE MASSIVE AUTOBOT.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #297
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Anybody else annoyed by all the human characters? And some of them are such cliches. Sam's roommate? Come ON!

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #298
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I am. Bay said for TF 1, he read/listened to alot of complaints over at seibertron.com, so maybe if we make enough noise over there, he'll alter things a bit.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #299
Chris B
Side-Kick

With the Constructicons, the only one that I think that needs a new name is Bonecrusher. Though I would prefer that he be brought back and reformat and reunite with the other Constructicons. But Orci confirmed the other day that him, along with Blackout and Brawl/Devastator are dead. Other than that, I think they could easily recycle Devastator.

As for the amount of human characters, a lot of them seem like they'll only appear in one scene.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #300
Darth Elektra
Film.

I hope the rumor of Natassia Malthe, is true!

Closed Thread