The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man

Old 12-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #76
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Default Re: New IM picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirMan82 View Post
You're an idiot. There's nothing fake about the picture. How would you even reach such a conclusion. And it looks like plastic? Um, that's because it is, genious. A real guy can't walk around in a metal suit. If by "plastic" you mean "not super shiny", well all metal works aren't shiny and metallic looking. And whomever said IM need rust and scratches in an idiot too. If it was that way he would be the "INVINCIBLE" Iron Man, he'd be "Really Hard, but not all the tough" Iron Man. He's made by Tony Stark, not Henry Ford. Even in the graces of this awesomeness, whiny fanboys find a way to *****.
Co-Sign!!!

Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:49 PM   #77
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're an idiot. There's nothing fake about the picture. How would you even reach such a conclusion. And it looks like plastic? Um, that's because it is, genious. A real guy can't walk around in a metal suit. If by "plastic" you mean "not super shiny", well all metal works aren't shiny and metallic looking. And whomever said IM need rust and scratches in an idiot too. If it was that way he would be the "INVINCIBLE" Iron Man, he'd be "Really Hard, but not all the tough" Iron Man. He's made by Tony Stark, not Henry Ford. Even in the graces of this awesomeness, whiny fanboys find a way to *****.
why so serious???

dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #78
Banshee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mysterio... I think you struck a nerve. You should apologize for making him cry.

Anyway, since you decided to point out whiney fanboyism *COUGH*SE YOUR POST*COUGH*, he has a point, even though Mysterio put it bluntly.

I love the picture, and the armor, but I'm also not deluded enough to admit that there is some element of awkwardness to his face and other places. Like I said in my other post, its probably due to the lighting effects on a still image, but its there. I'm sure it will look fine on film.

My life is most likely better than yours.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #79
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
my god, you're quite the dumbass.

Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #80
kevhulk73
Side-Kick

Wow,...

Nice shot. I think this movie looks better and better each time we get to see pics of shellhead.

take a bow Stan Winston.

kevhulk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #81
Mysterio
Banned User

this looks good...and real. this new "picture" looks digitally created. look how fake it is around the shoulder. it's not natural. look at the lighting and the edges. look at the "metal" where the chestplate meets the neck. it's a cool image, but i'd like to see something real.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #82
Banshee
Side-Kick

yeah its funny how hard it is to have a mature discussion on here... wonder why i only have 800 posts but ive been here five years...

My life is most likely better than yours.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #83
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

The design is great, they really nailed it, but...

He looks a a hell of a lot like plastic (like Mysterio said), and to answer NoirMan82īs reply, of course he is made of plastic, but, HE SHOULDNīT LOOK LIKE IT
It looks photoshopped, Iron Man doesnīt blend with the background, in fact, iīm positive that it is a photoshop manip, if you closely at the arm, it looks crappy compared to the face and chest.
It looks more of a close up of an action figure of Iron Man, than Iron Man in the flesh.

All in all, iīm not blown away, i was positive that they would get the suit right, Jonīs a fan, Winston is a god in what he does...
My only concern is with the movie itself, will it be any good or as good as it could be, and that as nothing to do with how big of a fan Jon is, but how good of a director he is for this type of movie.
So far, iīm still apprehensive about it.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #84
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Perhaps the new suit is composite for the sake of the film. He got his name from the origin suit. That doesn't mean all future suits have to be made of Iron or Metal does it?

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #85
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
my god, you're quite the dumbass.
Quote:
Take the flame out of the discussion.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #86
dark_b
Side-Kick

teh suit is not photoshoped with the background. you can see the reflection from the enviorment.

i think they airbrushed the suit to much. and now it looks to soft,to clean.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #87
the a1ant
Awesome

The suit looks awesome, but I'd like to see it with a metallic shine and scruff marks/textures. Like others have said, it looks a bit plastic-y and smooth/clean. Don't beat up people who point this out - they're just opinions. At the end of the day, the design of the suit rocks, and it looks awesome on film (judging by the trailer)

Old 12-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #88
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Looks perfectly real and metallic to me. I swear, sometimes there's just no pleasing some people.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #89
the a1ant
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Looks perfectly real and metallic to me. I swear, sometimes there's just no pleasing some people.
It's human nature for opinions to vary.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #90
Neto Magnus
Banned User

yea it does look a tad plasticy but I guess its cuz of the paint job. Cuz even cars look like they're made of plastic.

Neto Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #91
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Everyone is entitled to thier opinions but seriously, pick up an Iron Man comic once in a while before bashing a pic

Look at these drawings from Adi Granov (who worked on the movie's armor) NONE of these are shiny, metallic, or have little scratches, infact all of these look plastic like the F'n pic in the front of the page!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Like it's been said before, a movie can nail a look to a tee, yet people will find things to ***** and moan about.

Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #92
Mysterio
Banned User

no one is *****ing about the look of the costume not being nailed. the "photo" or "pic" looks fake; that is, it's not photography but a digital creation. i for one would like to see an actual photo of the suit.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #93
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

It looks perfect....nice and techy

Wow...you guys are crazy, a real Iron Man suite wouldn't be made of shiny metal, it would be made of poly metalic aloids..hard ones not like whatever the hell the t 1000 was.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #94
shadowdog
Side-Kick

I think the new pic is amazing. It is a great blend of the origional red and yellow and the current with a little but if new thrown in as well.
This movie is going to rock.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #95
D4rkShaDoWz
Gotham's Reckoning

OMG! It looks great! It looks a little bit too plasticky though.

Perfect otherwise

Check out my latest fan trailer -
X-Men: Days of Future Past and my short film "Touched"

D4rkShaDoWz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #96
dark_b
Side-Kick

the pose is pure badass. and the designe is also very good.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #97
Armored Avenger
A Wizard is never late...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
It looks more of a close up of an action figure of Iron Man, than Iron Man in the flesh.
If that is what the action figure looks like, then it will be the greatest action figure ever made! I hope the action figure does look like this, it would be pretty sweet.

(seriously, these new Iron Man smilies are amazing!)
im:

Armored Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #98
bunk
superhero fan

It is a little plasticy looking. I might have gone with some sort of glossy carbon fiber appearance or something. It's a great f***ing image though.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #99
C.F. Kane
Side-Kick

Wait, that picture has to be CGI right? It just looks too good.

C.F. Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #100
hame4479
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post

this looks good...and real. this new "picture" looks digitally created. look how fake it is around the shoulder. it's not natural. look at the lighting and the edges. look at the "metal" where the chestplate meets the neck. it's a cool image, but i'd like to see something real.
It is 100 percent real you fool. That is the Winston costume practical costume. It aint CG'ed

hame4479 is offline   Reply With Quote