The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 02-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #101
Alex The Great
Banned User

Default Re: Matt's Thread of Racing...

nope, they said there gonna go ALL the way.

Alex The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #102
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

NASCAR made the right move in delaying this race untill tomorrow. Or I should say today. There's too many people sleeping on the east coast.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #103
Soundwave
Side-Kick

Carl Edwards wins! I figured it would be a Roush car winnning that race. One of the best victory celebrations in sports is the Carl Edwards back flip! The Nationwide series race is next. Carl can actually win two races in one day.

Vegas is on tap next week.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #104
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
There is a lot of unknowns coming into a 2-mile track with the new car. History shows that a Roush or Hendrick driver should win. I like Carl Edwards this weekend.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #105
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Carl Edwards wins! I figured it would be a Roush car winnning that race. One of the best victory celebrations in sports is the Carl Edwards back flip! The Nationwide series race is next. Carl can actually win two races in one day.

My sister drove a real life race car at a Vegas speedway when they were there, said it was quite fun.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #106
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Kyle Busch had the chance to do that at Daytona last July, but lost by 0.005 seconds to Jamie McMurray.

Kyle Busch has the chance to become the first driver in NASCAR history to lead all three series point standings.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #107
Soundwave
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Matt's Thread of Racing...

Quote:
Good call my friend.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #108
Soundwave
Side-Kick

Quote:
Kyle Busch had the chance to do that at Daytona last July, but lost by 0.005 seconds to Jamie McMurray.

Kyle Busch has the chance to become the first driver in NASCAR history to lead all three series point standings.
That would be cool. Even though he can be an immature punk out there sometimes, Kyle is one of my favorite drivers.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #109
Alex The Great
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't see how it could make a difference. I mean, it would be much louder (a **** load of cars driving past you with their engines blaring...you'd go deaf) but being as you are stationary and the cars are constantly moving, you'd only really see them drive by every so often and they move so fast it is a blink and you miss it scenario. I just don't get rednecks I guess
i have been to 3 nascar races. plus 2 formula one races.

and my hearing is FINE! And it is great going there.

I whent to martinsville a couple years ago with my dad. we parked the RV and started unloading. then this big fat bearded red-kneck comes by and says ''Y'all canadian?'' we nodd ''That spots taken!'' he points to where we are. it was funny.
the atmosphere is great, the crowd, everything.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #110
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Symbiote View Post
i have been to 3 nascar races. plus 2 formula one races.

and my hearing is FINE! And it is great going there.

I whent to martinsville a couple years ago with my dad. we parked the RV and started unloading. then this big fat bearded red-kneck comes by and says ''Y'all canadian?'' we nodd ''That spots taken!'' he points to where we are. it was funny.
the atmosphere is great, the crowd, everything.
I've been to Martinsville, Bristol and Dover. Hope to go back to Dover this year as well as Watkins Glen.

Has anyone seen this HotPass thing you can get? It gives you the in-car audio of the driver through the race. This is Kevin Harvick's in-car when he won the Daytona 500 a year ago. Pretty neat to watch.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, after watching this again, you can see how fast his line was moving on the last lap when they were on the backstretch. If David Gilliland had moved up, he would of won the race and pulled off one of the greatest underdog wins of all-time.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #111
Alex The Great
Banned User

jesus! Look how close Kyle Busch got to him. almost ran right into him!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:11 AM   #112
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

ESPN does this little eliminator thing on their website. This guy eliminates all the drivers untill he gets to one winner. I thought I'd give it a shot.

No Driver has won from the pole. Kyle Busch eliminated. 1 driver eliminated, 42 remain.

Las Vegas has never produced a first time winner. Mike Skinner, Scott Riggs, Patrick Carpentier, David Reutimann, Sam Hornish Jr, Dave Blaney, Regan Smith, Travis Kvapil, J.J Yeley, David Gilliland, Reed Sorenson, David Ragan, Paul Menard and Dario Franchitti eliminated. 14 drivers eliminated, 28 remain.

No driver has won the race starting 26th or worse. Brian Vickers, Kyle Petty, Bobby Labonte, Kasey Kahne, Jamie McMurray, Jimmie Johnson, Robby Gordon, Juan Montoya, and Denny Hamlin eliminated. 9 drivers eliminated, 19 remain.

Since California moved to the second race of the season, no driver has won back-to-back races. Carl Edwards eliminated. 1 driver eliminated, 18 remain.

The driver that wins at Las Vegas has won the year before. Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Elliott Sadler, Ryan Newman, Dale Jarrett, Ken Schrader, Michael Waltrip and Jeremy Mayfield eliminated. 8 drivers eliminated, 10 remain.

The driver winning at Las Vegas was higher than 16th in points. Clint Bowyer and Casey Mears eliminated. 2 drivers eliminated, 8 remain.

Toyota has yet to win a Nascar race. Tony Stewart eliminated. 1 driver eliminated, 7 remain.

Dodge has only one win on this race track. Ford and Chevrolet have dominated the rest. Kurt Busch eliminated. 1 driver eliminated, 6 remain.

The driver winning at Las Vegas had won 2 or more races the previous season. This has happened all but once. Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr and Jeff Burton eliminated. 4 drivers eliminated, 2 remain.

The average starting position for all Las Vegas winners is around 16th. Jeff Gordon starts 4th. So we're gonna eliminate him cause there's one more driver that is closer to that positon. Jeff Gordon eliminated. 1 driver eliminated, 1 remains.

And your winners is....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Matt Kenseth will win his third Vegas race on Sunday.

Last edited by NewYorkSpider; 03-01-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #113
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

^Well, If Kenseth hadn't wrecked and Edwards wasn't cheating, then my theory probably would have been right.

Nascar should strip away Edwards' win and give it to Junior(im not a fan of Junior) and dock Edwards 100 points. Nascar needs to step up when these teams are cheating.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #114
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Time for The Eliminator - Atlanta

No driver has won from 40th on back at Atlanta. Kyle Petty, Regan Smith, Travis Kvapil and Dale Jarrett eliminated. 4 drivers eliminated, 39 remain.

The farthest someone has started and won the spring race was 35th. Jeremy Mayfield, J.J Yeley, Matt Kenseth and Casey Mears eliminated. 4 drivers eliminated, 35 remain.

Only one rookie has won the spring race(35 races). Sam Hornish Jr, Dario Franchitti and Patrick Carpentier eliminated. 3 drivers eliminated, 32 remain.

Over the last 20 years, the winner at Atlanta has been in the top 17 in points. Reed Sorenson, David Ragan, Denny Hamlin, Robby Gordon, David Gilliland, Jeff Gordon, Clint Bowyer, Juan Montoya, Paul Menard, Jamie McMurray, Scott Riggs, David Reutiman, Michael Waltrip, Dave Blaney, Mike Skinner and Joe Nemechek eliminated. 16 drivers eliminated, 16 remain.

Since Dodge came back into the sport in 2001, they have only won one race at Atlanta. Bobby Lobonte, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Elliott Sadler and Kurt Busch eliminated. 5 drivers eliminated, 11 remain.

Toyota has yet to win a cup race. We're gonna keep eliminating them untill they do. Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart and Brian Vickers eliminated. 3 drivers eliminated, 8 remain.

There have been 9 different winners in the last 9 Atlanta spring races. Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kevin Harvick eliminated. 4 drivers eliminated, 4 remain.

The past three Atlanta winners finished in the top five in the last Atlanta race. Martin Truex Jr., Greg Biffle and Mark Martin eliminated. 3 drivers eliminated, 1 remain.

And your winner is....

Jeff Burton will win his first Atlanta race on Sunday. The numbers don't lie

Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #115
Alex The Great
Banned User

Re: Matt's Thread of Racing...

yes. yes they do

Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #116
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Symbiote View Post
yes. yes they do
The eliminator is just for fun. It's almost never right at picking a winner. Based on the history at Atlanta, Burton was in a positon to win the race.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #117
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Well.........Saturday the northeast was the victim of some nasty weather. As a result of this nasty weather, are TV went out. I thought to myself " it will be alright tomorrow morning". I woke up at 11AM to find out that the TV still wasn't working. So, I went back to sleep. I woke up at 1:45 in hopes that the TV was working so I could watch the race. I turned it on and to my surprise the TV worked! I turned it over to Fox to find nothing but a black screen. It was the only station that didn't work. So, I went to the store and bought some Mentos and I came back home to remember that you could watch live sports on the internet. I found the site and NYS was happy.

^True story

Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #118
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

I Love NASCAR..parody of Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #119
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

The Eliminator - Bristol

No driver has won the race starting 39th or worse. David Reutimann, Michael Waltrip, Ken Schrader, Joe Nemecheck and Mike Skinner. 5 drivers eliminated, 38 remain.

There has never been a rookie driver to win at Bristol. Sam Hornish Jr, Regan Smith and Dario Franchitti. 3 drivers eliminated, 35 remain.

The last 4 Bristol winners finished in the top 12 in their previous visit at Bristol. Denny Hamlin, David Ragan, Matt Kenseth, Jeremy Mayfield, Aric Almirola, Dale Jarrett, Dave Blaney, David Gilliland, Elliott Sadler, Jamie McMurray, Paul Menard, Casey Mears, Jimmie Johnson, Robby Gordon, Jeff Gordon, Scott Riggs, Juan Montoya, Kevin Harvick, Reed Sorenson, Kyle Petty and J.J Yeley. 21 drivers eliminated, 14 remain.

Since 1998, no driver with a win earlier in the season has won at the Bristol spring race. Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch and Ryan Newman eliminated. 3 drivers eliminated, 11 remain.

The last 3 Bristol winners all started in the Nationwide Race and finished 11th or better. Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, Brian Vickers, Travis Kvapil, Bobby Lobonte, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Burton, Greg Biffle and Martin Truex Jr. 9 drivers eliminated, 2 remain.

All four winners this season have won the race from 9th or above. Kasey Kahne. 1 driver eliminated, 1 remains.

And your winner is......

Clint Bowyer will win the Food City 500 @ Bristol.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #120
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Bristol puts on another good show for the fans. Congrats to Burton. RCR 1-2-3 for the first time ever. I think if Junior had came in got tires he would have won or finished at least second.

to Kyle Busch, Stewart and Hamlin. They all dominated this race and they all have problems towards the end.

Also, this was Dale Jarett's last points race. Thanks for the memories Dale.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #121
Alex The Great
Banned User

Alright. me fave race of the year. Bring on the BIG ONE!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #122
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

There is 4 races out of the year that I love watching. Daytona and Talladega.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #123
Alex The Great
Banned User

Quote:
There is 4 races out of the year that I love watching. Daytona and Talladega.
Damn right. Dega is the bestest.

oh and...

Dear kyle Busch.....i love you so much

Old 05-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #124
Badger
Side-Kick my Ass!

I'm kicking your asses in Yahoo!

Back from the Other Side.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #125
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I kept forgetting to set my drivers for a couple weeks. I finally remembered to pick them this weekend. Guess who I picked to win the race? That's right, Clint Bowyer.

My friends and I have a little race pool. We pick a driver each week and what ever that driver gets for points, we get for points. If you have more points than the 12th place driver at the end of 26 races, you make the chase. At the end we reset the points at how many wins you have. I have 3 wins right now. I've picked....

Edwards - California
Johnson - Phoenix
Bowyer - Richmond