The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #51
BUSTERHAWK
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

My friend KAI also sent me pictures of your work, Kudos to you and great work !!

BUSTERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #52
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiekiller View Post
Yah but come on $4 grand ??? Thats F..ing nuts.

Hey TmP tell us what something like this would cost to buy ?. Hell even Stormtrooper suits are not like that much, I can buy one for under a $1000 so why not something like this, its not that much differnt.

I think your way off on your $4000 mark dude. I mean I am sure he would charge you that much if you want to pay him for it, but like no costume armor is going to have to be that expensive. Come on

Vac plastic.. Well to vac form a stormtrooper suit all you need is some moulds, vacform machine and platic sheet. Then place it in the machine... SWOOOP then there you go you got a shaped plastic sheet.

Glassfiber is all different. Its requres layers on layers and working with glassfiber.. Well if you cant tell the difference then you dont know differnt and time consuming the work is. A tk suit dont need painting. Well this do. Before painting it needs to be sanded down, cleaned, primed and sharped detailed before painting. Then once painted it needs a clear coat.
The inside of the armor also needs to be cleaned and smooth.


Then there is rubber work involved, this require different moulds and other material. The material needs to be mixed and if mixed wrong it end bad and have to be redone.

Then there is ABS plastic. Well like i said its much eaiser than Glassfiber but the details will not get that sharp. It need to be trimmed and shaped.

Its allot of material involved to not speak about work hours to get one suit done. The time i could make one glassfiber suit i could make a big batch of stormtrooper suits.

Before you complain about a price you need to know what is involved to make a suit.

:stark

TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #53
Zombiekiller
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Hey ! I get it that it is a lot of work to get done up and all that, okay, I am not stupid. But why should a person have to end up paying you for all that ???

I go to buy a car, do you think I want to buy the whole factory too ?! No I just want the Freaking Car, thats it, not the plant or the dealer ship just the car.

You and the TK guy, just cause you guys have skills and money to build stuff we cant build, does that give you the monoply to just charge whatever you freaking feel like ? Thats not fair man, not at all.

And I know once you have something built it is a lot easier to go make a copy of that one, rather than start from scratch again. So please dont think we are so stupid we dont understand that. There is a lot of guys out there who would buy your costume , it is cool I aint saying anything about that, it rocks, both you guys. But not selling it for like around $1000 is just a crock as far as I am concerned. Your just out to gyp people so you can pay for your own costume I think?

Does not seem fair you guys wont sell these costumes at something that is affordable to the rest of us, but I guess thats just me being stupid !

Zombiekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #54
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiekiller View Post
Hey ! I get it that it is a lot of work to get done up and all that, okay, I am not stupid. But why should a person have to end up paying you for all that ???

I go to buy a car, do you think I want to buy the whole factory too ?! No I just want the Freaking Car, thats it, not the plant or the dealer ship just the car.

You and the TK guy, just cause you guys have skills and money to build stuff we cant build, does that give you the monoply to just charge whatever you freaking feel like ? Thats not fair man, not at all.

And I know once you have something built it is a lot easier to go make a copy of that one, rather than start from scratch again. So please dont think we are so stupid we dont understand that. There is a lot of guys out there who would buy your costume , it is cool I aint saying anything about that, it rocks, both you guys. But not selling it for like around $1000 is just a crock as far as I am concerned. Your just out to gyp people so you can pay for your own costume I think?

Does not seem fair you guys wont sell these costumes at something that is affordable to the rest of us, but I guess thats just me being stupid !
Exuse me, but you dont seem to understand how this is made. Because you clearly cant grasp what takes to make an armor.

Material compound alone for a suit is close to 1500-2000 USD
then you got work involved aprox 3-4 weeks on one suit, casting, triming, sanding, smothing, priming, painting. That cost money to. Then the workshop needs electricity, rent tools and mould deterioration ++++ This also cost money.

Its like asking the painter why he should charge what he do because his hourly work cost more than the needed paint cost.
Well if you dont like it you should maybe do it your self and then underststand what is needed to do this.
to come to where the suit is today it have take 7 month continues work. Do you think thats for free?

If you want to buy a Lamborgini or a Bugatti car that is made by hand do you think it cost the same as a mass produced car in a factory. Well no. Why do you think that? Its very logic.

The work involved is aprerenly beyond your understanding. And you complain about the price. Who said i am going to sell one. I value the work we provide, and i value our time. if you dont value it then dont and turn somewhere else.

If you ask Orange County Chopper to do you a bike then it WILL COST YOU ALLOT OF MONEY! But you can always come by a cheaper if you want one but it will not be a custom made bike.

Rather than complaining apriciate the work variouse people arround the world do than complain about it. My goal with the suit will be for chariry not personal gain.

And again a stromtrooper plastic suit is 1/10 of a time to make vs a glassfiber suit.

Again if i were to mention a price then the price reflects the effort beeing put into it. Accept it dont complain about it.


Last edited by TMP; 03-08-2008 at 08:14 AM.
TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #55
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

to make a glassfiber suit you still need to work with each part for a long time. Its not like abs that you trow in and vac form.
each glassfiber piece need allot of work on the inside and the outside. Its a dirty and messy work. And the smell is AWFULL.

And i also think i am entiteled to value my own time. Iam sure you understand and i am also sure you se the logic in this. Nobody called you stupid or belive so. I only belive you dont know what you're speaking of when it comes to the work, time and the cost involved to make one suit.


Last edited by TMP; 03-08-2008 at 11:10 AM.
TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #56
tk1780
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

TMP !

Excellent post. After reading your comments I guess I can go back and be a little more diplomatic on my thread. He made similar comments to me as well.

Although looks like you got the bulk of it.

Zombiekiller, not everything may seem fair. I love Ferrais, I dont own one, why ??? I cant afford it, never mind my insurance. Is that fair ??/ Why cant they make one for the same cost as a dodge ?? something ?

I am not going to get into this, the above comments you wrote made me mad, and I am not going to say any more about it.

TMP, I still hope you will continue to post up more pics, they are an inspiration. And I dont know if you plan to sell your suits, if you did, the price will be cheap and twice the price. Quality above all else, your armor and need I say your proffesionalism is above the baord on all counts.

tk1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #57
Gundam
Side-Kick
 
Gundam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 439
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
We are doing that was well.

Do you remember the first sculpt we did.
Well the midsection, back armor with spine is part of the Civil War version.
We are in progress of making a second chest. One with the diamond plate.
We are also making a nw set of shoulders and other gauntlets + one more helmet.
Can't wait! Love the look of the new helmet so far!:stark

__________________
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Bruce lee
Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #58
BUSTERHAWK
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Thumbs up Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Hi,

Fantastic Job on the armor, my friend KAI from Finland also showed me pics about the armor, kudos on the craftmanship.

Wow, your armor is more expensive then my 900$ Homemade made film

Before you sell it and I do hope you find a customer, what size is the armor?
While Stan Winston had made his based on RDJ's measurements, I suppose yours is based on your body isn't it?

While the armor is worth the price, I suppose a customer would want to purchase it in order to wear it?


How does it hold together?
Kai told me the Stormtrooper armor is being held with scratches / velcro.
How is yours able to stick on the wearer's body?

My friend ABEL worked on a BOBA FETT suit and made his own armor, except for the blasters and helmet.
Click here to see the BOBA FETT ARMOR:

I am curious about how it sticks together when you wear it because I am working on a live adaptation of CPT FUTURE.

Feel free to contact me !!

BUSTERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #59
xtremetty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

TMP and tk1780,

Actually, the rest of us that have been reading these ridiculous posts from Zombiekiller think he's stupid. I applaud you for your patience with this guy. I would never have been able to tolerate his witless remarks. To argue the pricing with the person who's spending the time and money to build something that he cannot is ludicrous.

The reason a person or company can charge what they do is because of their experience and expertise. But because of his ignorance and jealousy he thinks that you should discount what you do to appease him. It's small-minded people like him that think everything should be fair, that people that work hard should not be rewarded for their efforts, that no one should have something that others don't. Please!!!

I put it to you Zombiekiller, take the time and expense it takes for you to learn this skill. Combine that with the time and expense of building just one project like this and maybe you'll understand something about how business works. I hope you don't live in America because people like you are the problem with society. You just cry about things not being fair because you don't want to work hard. BooHoo.

I do have a Ferrari and understand what it takes to work hard and struggle to attain what you want.

TMP, if you're looking to sell a suit, I'd be interested in buying one. Do you have a website with contact info or something?

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #60
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Thanks for the feedback guys.
As far as size the costume will fit from arround 6 feet max 6.3 feet. Ideal 6.1 Waistsize from 32-38 inches.

Then about the question of wearing. Well thats a bit secret. But snap on buckles helps allot. But it also needs bolts and straps. Have to keep sometning secret. Well actually. Not everything is solved. Still strugeling with the shoulders and how i can bwe most possible flexible without beeing restrained in my arm movements.

As far as selling... Aaahhhh. I have made 4 + mine. Those 4 are going to selected few prior to the premiere. Its well deployed arround the world.

1x Germany,2x USA, 1x Asia, 1x Norway and maybe 1x UK.

These few are people i know.
They also got the body proportions to do the costume justice. These are people who will not focus on personal and comercial profits but focus on personal enjoyment and some are engaged in charity and will use the costume for that.

I personally will put focus on Cancer and youth.
People tend to forget the youth and most focus is on small children or old.
Its a big strugle for youth to get the news they got cancer. they are in start of their adult life and goet news that is devistating. Not much focus on them. I want to help enlighten this area and get money from the events i do to use that money to donate.


Ok... Now to the progress of the suit.
Here is the 3rd version of the ironman helmet.



Well Soon its a 4th version
Because the above 3rd version is not how its gonig to finally look.
I been showing some design but NOT the final design that has changed all the time. The final ressult soon to come.
Still need to alter it a bit.

Here is another tezer photo.

TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #61
tk1780
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66
Thumbs up Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Nice touch TMP.

I am a 501st member, and my suit will also make its way to the groups we are involved in out here. So it will be at childrens hospitals and a number of the kids charitys we support.

So good call, I respect that to no end to see you say that.

I think the 3rd helmetlooks fine, so cant wait to see the 4th !

tk1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #62
Zombiekiller
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

[quote=xtremetty;14294781]TMP and tk1780,

Actually, the rest of us that have been reading these ridiculous posts from Zombiekiller think he's stupid. I applaud you for your patience with this guy. I would never have been able to tolerate his witless remarks. To argue the pricing with the person who's spending the time and money to build something that he cannot is ludicrous.

The reason a person or company can charge what they do is because of their experience and expertise. But because of his ignorance and jealousy he thinks that you should discount what you do to appease him. It's small-minded people like him that think everything should be fair, that people that work hard should not be rewarded for their efforts, that no one should have something that others don't. Please!!!

I put it to you Zombiekiller, take the time and expense it takes for you to learn this skill. Combine that with the time and expense of building just one project like this and maybe you'll understand something about how business works. I hope you don't live in America because people like you are the problem with society. You just cry about things not being fair because you don't want to work hard. BooHoo.

I do have a Ferrari and understand what it takes to work hard and struggle to attain what you want.


Dude, you so have no clue what you are talking about. And why you acting all rude and stupid " boo Hoo"

Maybe some of us dont think having to pay this much cash for something is right, whats your problem ? Go get some education so you know whats going on in the world. And maybe you have a Ferrari I dont know ? I know of a guy who won a lottery too. Bet that was some kinda hard work picking 4 numbers and getting rich huh ?

I am just saying, both these guys likly did not have a clue what they would charge people for an Iron man costume, then people start saying " WOW I would pay $4000 for that ! " The all of a sudden the price is inflated so the rest of us cant afford it just cause some fool comes along and ruins it for the rest of us. All of a sudden there was a demand for this, so there gos the price !

Like give your head a shake, you cant be that slow witted to not see that ?

What would we do if the fast food places did that ? " Gee everyone loves our $1.00 hamburgers, lets jack them up to $20.00. If they like them they will still buy them at that price too! "

I am not looking to cause a fight or anything, and if someone thought my comments were stupid they are entitled to their opinion, as I am mine.

There is no reason at all, none that a costume suit like these guys are building cant be sold for a lot cheaper than both of them were talking about.

TK sent me a pm saying he was not selling his Iron man costume but if he did his costs would be around $2500 or $3000 to sell each . That is just stupid, no reason for that at all.

Again that is just my opinion, and no I am not trying to tick you guys off. I love the costumes or I would not have said so, thats why I wanted one okay , Chill !

Zombiekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #63
xtremetty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

First off ZK, learn to read thoroughly and spell correctly before you spout off about education. Second, just as I thought, you think that only people that were born with money or won the lottery can buy Ferraris. Apparently in your world hard work never comes into play.

I only wrote in because your posts to these artists were devaluing their work. You have your opinion and they have the knowledge. For you to go back and forth with them about what they should do and how they should do it so that it can fit your budget is just frustrating to see.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #64
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

MODERATORS: Please delete these nonsens replies. I dont se a discussion about a fair price beeing relevant to this topic. I give the permission to delete these replies to clean the topic up.

I expect people to stay on topic.

TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #65
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

another thing. I used 20 min to reply to this thread but i had to rewrite my username and pasword and all was lost. is it possible to extend the logg in without having to re-enter the pasword and lose the info written.

TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #66
tk1780
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Guys I think we just ignore this guy as it is not worth the time to make a response. Regardless of what we say it is not going to get through.

I will not waste time responding to this kind of comment. I brought my work here, as did TMP to show what can be done if you take the time and
resources to put into it.

I wanted people to give me oppinions on what I was doing not ge into a hagle about why the world is not fair.

So on my end, if I see more psots like this , I a just ignoring as they as just not worth responding to.

That is my opinion and my 2 cents. Done !

tk1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:29 AM   #67
Gundam
Side-Kick
 
Gundam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 439
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys.


As far as selling... Aaahhhh. I have made 4 + mine. Those 4 are going to selected few prior to the premiere. Its well deployed arround the world.

1x Germany,2x USA, 1x Asia, 1x Norway and maybe 1x UK.

These few are people i know.
They also got the body proportions to do the costume justice. These are people who will not focus on personal and comercial profits but focus on personal enjoyment and some are engaged in charity and will use the costume for that.

I personally will put focus on Cancer and youth.
People tend to forget the youth and most focus is on small children or old.
Its a big strugle for youth to get the news they got cancer. they are in start of their adult life and goet news that is devistating. Not much focus on them. I want to help enlighten this area and get money from the events i do to use that money to donate.
If any of the US suits are near me let me know i'd be willing to show up as spider-man have an avengers thing going on





[quote=Zombiekiller;14300972]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremetty View Post
TMP and tk1780,

Actually, the rest of us that have been reading these ridiculous posts from Zombiekiller think he's stupid. I applaud you for your patience with this guy. I would never have been able to tolerate his witless remarks. To argue the pricing with the person who's spending the time and money to build something that he cannot is ludicrous.

The reason a person or company can charge what they do is because of their experience and expertise. But because of his ignorance and jealousy he thinks that you should discount what you do to appease him. It's small-minded people like him that think everything should be fair, that people that work hard should not be rewarded for their efforts, that no one should have something that others don't. Please!!!

I put it to you Zombiekiller, take the time and expense it takes for you to learn this skill. Combine that with the time and expense of building just one project like this and maybe you'll understand something about how business works. I hope you don't live in America because people like you are the problem with society. You just cry about things not being fair because you don't want to work hard. BooHoo.

I do have a Ferrari and understand what it takes to work hard and struggle to attain what you want.


Dude, you so have no clue what you are talking about. And why you acting all rude and stupid " boo Hoo"

Maybe some of us dont think having to pay this much cash for something is right, whats your problem ? Go get some education so you know whats going on in the world. And maybe you have a Ferrari I dont know ? I know of a guy who won a lottery too. Bet that was some kinda hard work picking 4 numbers and getting rich huh ?

I am just saying, both these guys likly did not have a clue what they would charge people for an Iron man costume, then people start saying " WOW I would pay $4000 for that ! " The all of a sudden the price is inflated so the rest of us cant afford it just cause some fool comes along and ruins it for the rest of us. All of a sudden there was a demand for this, so there gos the price !

Like give your head a shake, you cant be that slow witted to not see that ?

What would we do if the fast food places did that ? " Gee everyone loves our $1.00 hamburgers, lets jack them up to $20.00. If they like them they will still buy them at that price too! "

I am not looking to cause a fight or anything, and if someone thought my comments were stupid they are entitled to their opinion, as I am mine.

There is no reason at all, none that a costume suit like these guys are building cant be sold for a lot cheaper than both of them were talking about.

TK sent me a pm saying he was not selling his Iron man costume but if he did his costs would be around $2500 or $3000 to sell each . That is just stupid, no reason for that at all.

Again that is just my opinion, and no I am not trying to tick you guys off. I love the costumes or I would not have said so, thats why I wanted one okay , Chill !
I Am really starting to think you are just posting these mindless replys just for the hell of it. TMP, TK1780 and myself have explained to you a number of time why the items cost the way they do. Also it is not fair for you to speak as if TK is a vender i have seen many of his costumes and he dose it for enjoyment! as well as charity (I do the same)... Do you have any clue how much a movie suit would cost! A spider man movie suit is 20k for the studio to create an accurate Spidey costume replica can run you 2700 to 4000 dollars! people spend countless man hours to accurately recreate these ITEMS and thousands of dollars. It is obvious you have no clue about props none at all other wise you would have a far greater understanding of how the way things work.
A normal person would say "Oh well it's tobad i can't afford one" you on the other hand start ranting about the price as if it is going to change anything! No one is over charging no one is ripping anyone off!.... ah to hell with it....

__________________
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Bruce lee

Last edited by Gundam; 03-14-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #68
tk1780
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Gundam I fear your words will fall on deaf ears. Like I said I think we just ignore the comments, I am. Just so not worth getting angry about.

Xtremetty, a Ferrari ! Your my hero, thats my dream car.

I am a VP for a national marketing firm, still a long ways from owning one of these, I say with deep regret. So feel free to impart some of your your wisdon on me, unlike ...our friend, you will find me all ears.

Carter

tk1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #69
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Spoiler Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Ok. I just can’t ignore this nonsense Zombikiller.

First of all you need to know that US dollar is ROCK LOW.
It’s in fact HISTORICALLY LOW in its value.

In 2005, was ONE USD worth 7.7 NKR (Norwegian Kroner)
In 2008, the ONE USD is now worth only 5.1 NKR

FINANCIAL CURRENCY HISTORY:
The European EURO, The UK Pound and the Norwegian Kroner has keep its value pretty stabile from 2005 till now. However the USD, has thrown it self over a cliff and keeps on loosing its value. You probably ask your self what has this to do with it. Well it has everything to do with it.

ZOMBIKILLER DON’T STOP READING NOW…. I will get to my point!

The materials have increase in cost since 2005
This is due to the fact that oil prices have increased due to low supplies and big demand.
Its also IMPORTANT to let you know that the price to make this is in fact higher in 2008 than it was in 2005.

2005
4000 USD = 30.800 NKR.

2008
4000 USD = 20.400 NKR.

LOSS IN VALUE = 10.400 NKR

ZOMBIKILLER YOU MIGHT ASK.. HOW MUCH IS 10.400 NKR WORTH IN USD:?

Well with today’s USD value: 10.400 / (Divided on) 5.1 = 2039 USD
That means I am loosing 2039 USD compared to what I need to make something like this.

DO NOT GET TO HUNG UP ON THE NUMBERS… LOOK AT THE VALUE!!
In history past and present some countries get inflation. That means a bottle of milk that cost 1 USD suddenly in rough economical times may cost you 50 USD because the dollar value is not worth more. Don’t blame the 4000 USD Price on me. Blame it on your Politicians and economist that have wrecked the US economy. Its because of them you need to pay more USD paper for an item made in Europe.

LETS REVERSE THIS!

If you were the maker and you needed 4000 USD to make an item. And I had to pay 5.1 NKR for ONE USD. Well then I had to pay you 20.400 NKR… WOW.. That’s a good deal. Then suddenly the NKR is worth less. Now I have to pay 7.7 NKR for one Dollar…

Then I say to you WTF… You’re charging to much… I have to pay you 30.800 NKR for this item…AND I SAY ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! Do you think that is fair? Well you have your expenses and they increased, your currency is stabile but my currency is less worth.


In reality if I were to ask the same price as we pay for material, time, expenses in OUR CURRENCY I would have charged in USD value : 6039 USD + Shipping to meet up with my expenses in my currency.

DO YOU STILL THINK IT’S UNFAIR?

If you do. Well then I must ask you:
  • How much do you think material cost to make a costume like this?
  • How long time do you think I must use to make a costume like this?
  • How many hours pr day do you think I must pay for this?
Well to make it simpler for you I will try to draw you a picture on how this works.
To start with sculpting and mould expenses are not included in this calculation.
Now said that expect to use aprox 18.000 USD from scratch to finish of the moulds.

OK.
MATERIAL COST : Glassfiber, rubber, abs plastic, bolts, screws, Velcro, attachment systems, filler, primer, lenses, light system, padding material: aprox 2000 USD.

Well.. The ABS plastic sheets they need to go to another person to be vac formed.
This alone cost more money because its not done on the house.

The paint also comes on top.
First several coats of paint, and then a layer of clear coat to finish it.
Don’t forget that is also expenses.

Then there is RENT, ELECTRICITY, TOOLS, AND HOURLY WORK (Child labour is not used, and we are not in any 3rd world country. So do the math! Nobody can work for free.)


PRODUCTION TIME ON ONE SUIT!
Let’s say I use 5 weeks and I work 5 days a week and only 4 hours pr day.
4000 Divided on 5 weeks = 800 USD pr Week.
800 USD Divided on 4 hours = 200 USD in HOURLY PAY..

You probably think that is good hourly pay.. BUT..
Who is going to pay for the materials?????

Now deduct 2500 USD from the 4000 USD.
DO YOU GET IT NOW!!!

1500 USD LEFT.
Now take 1500 Divided on 5 weeks = 300 USD.
Then TAKE 300 USD Divide that on 4

= HOURLY PAY = 75 USD.

I should probably be happy for making 1500 USD…
BUT WAIT!!! What about RENT!?

Well that is 1500 PR MONTH.

How much does that leave… ?????
Well if my calculations are right = 0

WAIT!!!
What about the electricity, Insurance, house, food, family, water, tools, car?


I THINK THIS LETTER HAVE MADE ME EVALUATE WHAT I SHOULD ASK IF I WERE GOING TO MAKE ONE TO SELL…
(NEVER SAID I WILL SELL ONE)


IF I WERE TO DO IT I THINK I WILL QUOTE AROUND 6000 USD.
AND REMEMBER 36.000 NKR IS 6000 USD.
MY CURENCY VALUE NEVER CHANGED!!

LOOK IN THE CALCULATION ABOVE AND DO THE MATH!!!


Last edited by TMP; 03-15-2008 at 09:32 AM.
TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #70
tk1780
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 66
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

TMP, excellent post !

I brought up some of these details on an other forum on a differnt website. Not so much onthe dollar exchange but as to how much work and materials are involved.

If I also charged for my time, again if I were to sell a suit, my rate of pay ( although I am not paid hourly) works out to $64.00 Canadian per hour.

So how could I factor that into selling a copy of mine ? (lol) and my armor is no where near as the same quality as yours. Hey "TMP, got $10,000 lying around I got a set of armor to sell you " (lol) I dont think anyone is going to bite or take me up on that offer.

Again I think our friend.......has been pulling our chain to see if he could get us all worked up, and it worked a bit. Thats why I will just ignore comments made by him unless the mods do something about it. There are people in this world who have some witts andsome who do not have any at all. We cant help the ones who dont

By the way, even if you did sell your armor, at $6000 USD, that in my mind is still cheap at twice the price. Does anyone know what Stan Winston charged to design and build the Iron Man armors ? I am betting it has to be close if not more than the $350-500,000 USD range, and possibly more than that. I have no clue.

TMP your suit is almost bang on with the movie version, I have to look twice to notice differnce's. So I would say for someone who has had to design your suit from scratch, as you did, as there were no design pictures out there, I know I looked ! The quality of your suit and the price you may possibly sell one for if in a position to do that are incredible.

So my friend, please dont take to much out of our....??? witless thread stalker / hijacker. Please continue with your incredible updates. Besides if you dont then whos work can I chase after to try to emulate next time ???? (LOL)

Be well.
Carter

tk1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #71
Gundam
Side-Kick
 
Gundam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 439
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
In history past and present some countries get inflation. That means a bottle of milk that cost 1 USD suddenly in rough economical times may cost you 50 USD because the dollar value is not worth more. Donít blame the 4000 USD Price on me. Blame it on your Politicians and economist that have wrecked the US economy. Its because of them you need to pay more USD paper for an item made in Europe.
I 2nd that

__________________
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Bruce lee
Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #72
Ribcage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Tmp you rock dude!!!!!I just discovered this board today and your artwork is amazing.
Hey I'm really interested in your process , how can we convince you to post more pics of the in-between stages. I know you must keep some "secrets" but this stuff is way too cool. Thanks for all the inspiring pics.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #73
The IronMan
Side-Kick
 
The IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Middletown,Connecticut
Posts: 953
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Tmp and Tk 1780 your work is without a doubt amazing.The time and effort that you've put into these suits shows in the craftsmanship.I think the value cannot fairly be estimated there is too much heart put into these projects.Keep up the great work and always I look forward to more pics.Don't waste time and energy on postings from people who just don't get it you have better things to do.As far as lights are concered will you use a low voltage strip light?to make them turn on and off maybe a pressure switch would work?Don't really know if this can work you guys are the ones with the know how.Keep up the great work!
Geo.

__________________
"Walkin' through life on the high steel"
The IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:38 AM   #74
TMP
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribcage View Post
Tmp you rock dude!!!!!I just discovered this board today and your artwork is amazing.
Hey I'm really interested in your process , how can we convince you to post more pics of the in-between stages. I know you must keep some "secrets" but this stuff is way too cool. Thanks for all the inspiring pics.
I been showing photos in the past of the progress. What is started with was another design and it evolved. I dont have thosep photos up anymore. I will make a video still photo slideshow movie to show the progress once it is done.

TMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #75
spiderwear
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 111
Default Re: 1:1 Ironman Movie Costume Replica. Tmp

[quote=Zombiekiller;14300972]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremetty View Post
TMP and tk1780,

Actually, the rest of us that have been reading these ridiculous posts from Zombiekiller think he's stupid. I applaud you for your patience with this guy. I would never have been able to tolerate his witless remarks. To argue the pricing with the person who's spending the time and money to build something that he cannot is ludicrous.

The reason a person or company can charge what they do is because of their experience and expertise. But because of his ignorance and jealousy he thinks that you should discount what you do to appease him. It's small-minded people like him that think everything should be fair, that people that work hard should not be rewarded for their efforts, that no one should have something that others don't. Please!!!

I put it to you Zombiekiller, take the time and expense it takes for you to learn this skill. Combine that with the time and expense of building just one project like this and maybe you'll understand something about how business works. I hope you don't live in America because people like you are the problem with society. You just cry about things not being fair because you don't want to work hard. BooHoo.

I do have a Ferrari and understand what it takes to work hard and struggle to attain what you want.


Dude, you so have no clue what you are talking about. And why you acting all rude and stupid " boo Hoo"

Maybe some of us dont think having to pay this much cash for something is right, whats your problem ? Go get some education so you know whats going on in the world. And maybe you have a Ferrari I dont know ? I know of a guy who won a lottery too. Bet that was some kinda hard work picking 4 numbers and getting rich huh ?

I am just saying, both these guys likly did not have a clue what they would charge people for an Iron man costume, then people start saying " WOW I would pay $4000 for that ! " The all of a sudden the price is inflated so the rest of us cant afford it just cause some fool comes along and ruins it for the rest of us. All of a sudden there was a demand for this, so there gos the price !

Like give your head a shake, you cant be that slow witted to not see that ?

What would we do if the fast food places did that ? " Gee everyone loves our $1.00 hamburgers, lets jack them up to $20.00. If they like them they will still buy them at that price too! "

I am not looking to cause a fight or anything, and if someone thought my comments were stupid they are entitled to their opinion, as I am mine.

There is no reason at all, none that a costume suit like these guys are building cant be sold for a lot cheaper than both of them were talking about.

TK sent me a pm saying he was not selling his Iron man costume but if he did his costs would be around $2500 or $3000 to sell each . That is just stupid, no reason for that at all.

Again that is just my opinion, and no I am not trying to tick you guys off. I love the costumes or I would not have said so, thats why I wanted one okay , Chill !
Zom....U still buying gas at 3.50 a gallon? No, I'm sure you've taken up walking because of your outrage at the oil companies charging so much.
Great suit TMP

spiderwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.