The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #76
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Received an email with a link to Superman Sequel news... Enjoy (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostpowerful View Post
NO. Your guess is totally wrong. We the SR lovers LOVE the movie because we enjoy it A LOT and see a lot of great and beautiful stuff in it. That's the real reason. You may Not understand it, but it is so.

And to me the plain rescue in SR is GREAT!! One of the best moments ever in superhero movies or cinema in general. I enjoy it faaaar more than anything Spidey ever did.
Exactly, i wasnt even a Superman fan before watching SR, now its safe to say that i am a full blown one BECAUSE of SR, so this bull**** excuse (that i still cant believe is being used) that the only people who liked SR were Superman fans is getting ridiculously redundant.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:35 PM   #77
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Default Re: Received an email with a link to Superman Sequel news... Enjoy (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
but If I had to guess, I say that SR has the fans that love it because it's Superman and not because it's a good movie.
That not necessary true. Even some Superman fans think it's a good movie. I doubt it just Superman only. Otherwise, I think you're accusing some of something you have no evidence to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
That was not the problem. The problem was it was a boring film and the WOM after the first week reflected that in the B.O.
Really? Spider-Man 3 was boring, X-Men 3 was boring, etc. Oh look! They both made a lot of money that sound like something only a good movie would get. Word of mouth don't always affect a movie box office like you claim with SR. And Spider-Man 3 along with X-Men 3 prove it with how successful they are despite them getting many negative reviews. Movie goers don't usually care about what some say.

Last edited by Nightwing1977; 01-29-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Nightwing1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #78
BMM
Side-Kick

^ I don't know if I would say those movies are boring so much as they are poorly executed (to an extent). Also, the situation regarding those movies and Superman Returns is a bit different as Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand were highly anticipated sequels that stood to make a lot of money in their opening weekends regardless of the quality of the final product.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #79
DanSupKP37
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
^ I don't know if I would say those movies are boring so much as they are poorly executed (to an extent). Also, the situation regarding those movies and Superman Returns is a bit different as Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand were highly anticipated sequels that stood to make a lot of money in their opening weekends regardless of the quality of the final product.
Despite SR not being action packed i really did not think it was boring. I mean the plot had problems but what big budget film even has a good plot these days?? I thought the plot in Batman Begins was mediocre as well. For me what made the movie was Brandon and the job he did as Superman, i thought he was great.

DanSupKP37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #80
CrazyDavey
Side-Kick

I will ban the next Superman film if Routh doesn't come back. That's like WB not bringing back Bale for another Batman film. It would be an insult to the fans!

CrazyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #81
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSupKP37 View Post
Despite SR not being action packed i really did not think it was boring.
The first time I knew it lacked of action was coming to these boards. Never bothered me while watching the movie.

Quote:
I mean the plot had problems but what big budget film even has a good plot these days?? I thought the plot in Batman Begins was mediocre as well. For me what made the movie was Brandon and the job he did as Superman, i thought he was great.
I think BB's plot was magnificent, but many of Goyer's dialogues were terrible. And the "action" didn't help either.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #82
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

^^you know what?.....that's the samething i was thinking......i never realized he never threw a punch in Sr.....till i came here like you said

Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 AM   #83
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
^^you know what?.....that's the samething i was thinking......i never realized he never threw a punch in Sr.....till i came here like you said
Yes, but he never threw a punch on STM either and it was great. When it's good who cares if it follows Holly-formulas step by step?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 AM   #84
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Exactly, i wasnt even a Superman fan before watching SR, now its safe to say that i am a full blown one BECAUSE of SR, so this bull**** excuse (that i still cant believe is being used) that the only people who liked SR were Superman fans is getting ridiculously redundant.
Tell the whole story. You were a Singer fan and that was the only reason you stated you wanted to watch SR in an old post. You had also said in that post that before that, you had no interest in Superman. Had Singer not directed SR, but it been the same, no matter what you say, I suspect you would never have watched it, liked it, or defended it like you do now. Say what you will, but I am certain if someone else had directed the same movie, you would not be here now.

buggs0268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #85
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
Tell the whole story. You were a Singer fan and that was the only reason you stated you wanted to watch SR in an old post. You had also said in that post that before that, you had no interest in Superman. Had Singer not directed SR, but it been the same, no matter what you say, I suspect you would never have watched it, liked it, or defended it like you do now. Say what you will, but I am certain if someone else had directed the same movie, you would not be here now.
Wow.

Are my lucky numbers for next week also making an appearance in that crystal ball of yours?

Oh, and what's the excuse for the rest of us who to this day, still like and watch SR whenever it comes out on HBO? I'm sure will be that we were just desperate for a Superman movie.....

Pickle-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #86
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I've been reading over this thread and some other threads and I am very confused.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #87
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I've been reading over this thread and some other threads and I am very confused.
Do you think its like 50/50 with MOS future?

Has Singer finished working in Valkyrie?

nintendo nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #88
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Despite SR not being action packed i really did not think it was boring. I mean the plot had problems but what big budget film even has a good plot these days?? I thought the plot in Batman Begins was mediocre as well. For me what made the movie was Brandon and the job he did as Superman, i thought he was great.
I thought it did come across as quite boring, especially for a Superman/superhero movie. Ebert's comment that the action seemed 'dutiful rather than exhilarating' is how I felt - the action scenes seemed long, laborious, a bit pretentious, stylised and not always very well filmed.

The scene where Lex's henchmen beat up Superman is particularly odd and seemed 'wrong.', in my view. There is no attempt to fight back verbally or physically - and while Singer obviously wanted Superman to suffer (like Christ) and then be stabbed in the side (like Christ), and while some people will like that scene for showing Superman at his most vulnerable - I think it struck the wrong tone.

The plot does have issues, which have been raised here over and over regarding Superman's silent absence, Lois's pregnancy and the timescale of her meeting Richard. I can forgive the plot convenience of the museum just happening to have a mineral exhibition that just happens to contain kryptonite (Lex reads the article in the paper when standing on the steps of the mansion) just as Lex is free and Superman is back.... although I'd rather the museum hadn't had a special exhibition, but instead was routinely displaying minerals (as many museums do).

Lex's landmass plan has been questioned on here too - it was obviously done to bring something epic in scale. But they then had to stretch Superman's powers to be able to lift it into space, after hovering for a second in front of the sun to charge up. One wonders why he wasn't sent to a tanning salon rather than a hospital when he fell from space and amost died! A sunbed would have done more good than a hospital bed!

There also weren't enough characters to make this work correctly as a story. No one filled the mentor/guardian/elder archetype properly (as Prof Xavier, Obi Wan, Ducard, Gandalf, Aunt May all do), as Jor-El was an inert recording and Martha had a tiny role. And the emotional core of the story (Superman himself and also Jason) was problematic and poorly explored.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #89
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I thought it did come across as quite boring, especially for a Superman/superhero movie. Ebert's comment that the action seemed 'dutiful rather than exhilarating' is how I felt - the action scenes seemed long, laborious, a bit pretentious, stylised and not always very well filmed.

The scene where Lex's henchmen beat up Superman is particularly odd and seemed 'wrong.', in my view. There is no attempt to fight back verbally or physically - and while Singer obviously wanted Superman to suffer (like Christ) and then be stabbed in the side (like Christ), and while some people will like that scene for showing Superman at his most vulnerable - I think it struck the wrong tone.

The plot does have issues, which have been raised here over and over regarding Superman's silent absence, Lois's pregnancy and the timescale of her meeting Richard. I can forgive the plot convenience of the museum just happening to have a mineral exhibition that just happens to contain kryptonite (Lex reads the article in the paper when standing on the steps of the mansion) just as Lex is free and Superman is back.... although I'd rather the museum hadn't had a special exhibition, but instead was routinely displaying minerals (as many museums do).

Lex's landmass plan has been questioned on here too - it was obviously done to bring something epic in scale. But they then had to stretch Superman's powers to be able to lift it into space, after hovering for a second in front of the sun to charge up. One wonders why he wasn't sent to a tanning salon rather than a hospital when he fell from space and amost died! A sunbed would have done more good than a hospital bed!

There also weren't enough characters to make this work correctly as a story. No one filled the mentor/guardian/elder archetype properly (as Prof Xavier, Obi Wan, Ducard, Gandalf, Aunt May all do), as Jor-El was an inert recording and Martha had a tiny role. And the emotional core of the story (Superman himself and also Jason) was problematic and poorly explored.
GOD!!!!!

Your posts are really boring.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #90
nintendo nerd
Banned User

edit

Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #91
X Knight
Straight Edge

great post, X-maniac!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #92
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
Do you think its like 50/50 with MOS future?

Has Singer finished working in Valkyrie?
Valkyrie is not yet finished. He has another pivotal scene to film with Tom Cruise on location overseas sometime in February.

I think what is happening with another Superman movie, not necessarily MOS, depends on JLA.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #93
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
GOD!!!!!

Your posts are really boring.

Calm down or you'll need that diaper changing.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #94
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

JLA is dead and so is MOS. I dont think we'll see another superman film for a few years and itll be something entirely new and very different ala Batman Begins.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #95
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I think what is happening with another Superman movie, not necessarily MOS, depends on JLA.
I agree. WB will be wanting to get their next proposed summer blockbuster going after the writers' strike is over. If JLA bites the dust, it may well be a Superman sequel instead. I think Singer's a good director (although better suited to the X-Men) but there could possibly be hesitation over using him again especially if they didn't like his writers' pitches.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #96
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
JLA is dead and so is MOS. I dont think we'll see another superman film for a few years and itll be something entirely new and very different ala Batman Begins.
Awesome!!!!! You can predict the future.

Just like Buggsy.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #97
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Valkyrie is not yet finished. He has another pivotal scene to film with Tom Cruise on location overseas sometime in February.

Its taking longer to shoot than they expected,right?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #98
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Calm down or you'll need that diaper changing.
Too late.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #99
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDavey View Post
I will ban the next Superman film if Routh doesn't come back. That's like WB not bringing back Bale for another Batman film. It would be an insult to the fans!
To this fan, bringing back Routh WOULD be an unsult.

Turn the page on Singer and his lame version of Superman.

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #100
DanSupKP37
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe View Post
To this fan, bringing back Routh WOULD be an unsult.

Turn the page on Singer and his lame version of Superman.

Come on, you don't think Routh did a nice job, if anything the movie itself let him down.

DanSupKP37 is offline   Reply With Quote