The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Old 08-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #226
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Default Re: Beautiful and Deadly: The Official "Sienna Miller is the Baroness" Thread.

Was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering how they're going to get her bad again without it backpeddling which would seem like a desperate attempt to please people.

That was one of my dissapointments with the movie, but I didn't hate it. Anyone have any ideas how they'll be reactivated without it seeming like too cartoonish if you know what I mean? You know how in cartoons the character can easily go back to good and then bad again by something. It works there, but not in a movie.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:06 AM   #227
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Default Re: Beautiful and Deadly: The Official "Sienna Miller is the Baroness" Thread.

Sienna Miller was so goddamn hot in g.i joe

the glasses + the long black hair + the tight leather costume/guns = hotness

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #228
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering how they're going to get her bad again without it backpeddling which would seem like a desperate attempt to please people.

That was one of my dissapointments with the movie, but I didn't hate it. Anyone have any ideas how they'll be reactivated without it seeming like too cartoonish if you know what I mean? You know how in cartoons the character can easily go back to good and then bad again by something. It works there, but not in a movie.
That was also my main problem with the whole "Baroness being evil due to mind control" crap.

The only possible way that I can think of to rectify this whole thing in any possible sequels is to reveal that the Baroness in the first movie was not the real Baroness, but was only chosen by Destro and CC because she (with the exception of being a blond) resembled the real Baroness who was a long thought dead girlfriend of Destro. It could be revealed in the sequels that the real Baroness is alive and well, and either pursuing her own evil interest or has been working underground all this time under the orders of CC (either voluntarily or through mind control) to recruit members for the newly formed Cobra terrorist organization.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #229
nad668

did anyone else notice how they cut out the "real american heroes" line from the trailer???????????????????? it was too cool

nad668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #230
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
That was also my main problem with the whole "Baroness being evil due to mind control" crap.

The only possible way that I can think of to rectify this whole thing in any possible sequels is to reveal that the Baroness in the first movie was not the real Baroness, but was only chosen by Destro and CC because she (with the exception of being a blond) resembled the real Baroness who was a long thought dead girlfriend of Destro. It could be revealed in the sequels that the real Baroness is alive and well, and either pursuing her own evil interest or has been working underground all this time under the orders of CC (either voluntarily or through mind control) to recruit members for the newly formed Cobra terrorist organization.
Yeah, I just wish they would just have her become a Joe or something and bring in someone different to play the Baroness, someone who is "evil" by choice and hopefully has the accent.

(maybe she can be Ripcords cousins, friend's, uncle's neighbor who had a "experimental" relationship with Scarlet in college or something..a little sarcasim pointed towards the movie)

unfortunately.. I see her being "switched on" again and breaks C.C and Destro out.

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #231
Timstuff
Banned User

"She's not the real Baroness" would feel like a total cop-out, and besides, I liked Miller as Baroness (even though in some ways she was a departure from the original). Like I said, they made the choice to change her, and as such they should stick to their guns or they risk making a big mess of things.

I think that the best way to do it would be to have her nanites get reactivated in the last act of the second movie as a game changer, setting her up to be bad in the third movie and for Duke to want to rescue her again. It would give the story some unfinished business to take care of between the second and third movie and keep the fans happy.

Also, I like the idea of Baroness escaping rather than being busted out by Cobra. It could offer a great action scene and show off just how bad ass she is.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #232
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

That would be awesome

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #233
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Yup it would be best to do that. I hope someone involved in the movie is online looking at our requests. It's the best possible way. To the filmmakers, don't compromise and have her early. Ignore the fan complaints and do what's best. It'll work out better at the end of the movie. Then in the third we can have more Baroness badassery.

It would be like ESB. She needs to be saved from Duke Hell, maybe if they make a third, she dies becoming a tragic character. Even if he wanted her good, she could never be good permanantly.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #234
the004slayer
Newbie First Class

The whole Baroness going good was also the one thing that bothered me, it made me really dislike the ending, which was unfortunate since I loved everything else.

I think in the sequel they should make her evil again, but not due to mind control (though I'm sure they probably will). I think hey should exploit her love for Rex, as a way to get her to the dark side again. Have Rex fill her head with lies, or make her see things the way he does. That way I think it would feel natural, it's plausible and doesn't feel forced like if they use the nanites yet again.

She's confused, she loves her brother so much, that she in a way follows him out of love, even though she knows it'll take her the wrong way, and maybe in this she finds pleasure too, cause being an evil b*tch sounds like so much fun. She can always have one or two good-girl flashes, since she wouldn't be under the mind control, and she still loves Duke, but she would still be predominantly evil.

the004slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #235
Timstuff
Banned User

She's still got the nanites in her, and that's a checkov's gun-- you don't show it hanging on the wall unless someone's gonna shoot it.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #236
batboy99
BTVS

Sienna Miller was a GREAT Baroness. And jeez was she ever hot! Id say she was hotter than Megan Fox.
That outfit..

And she looked like two completely different people as Baroness and as Ana.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #237
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Loved the Baroness! I was dissapointed she had to go good in the end. But if there is a sequel atleast let her keep her same attitude and skills. They should have just had a cut scene at the end of the credits revealing that she was just faking the whole good thing.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #238
batboy99
BTVS

Here is a new pic for my brothers!

you can thank me after you've finished up in the bathroom

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #239
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
you can thank me after you've finished up in the bathroom
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done.

Thank you for the new pic!

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #240
Timstuff
Banned User

I'd do that for a Klondike Bar™.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 AM   #241
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

i got new walpaper!

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 AM   #242
Snickers
Side-Kick

this is the best thread on the net

Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #243
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Where did you find that pic?

I looked on the movie site and the game site to see if there was a bigger one but I didn't see it on either one.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #244
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
this is the best thread on the net
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Where did you find that pic?

I looked on the movie site and the game site to see if there was a bigger one but I didn't see it on either one.
Seconded....

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #245
batboy99
BTVS

I got a bigger one, hold on
edit:

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!

Last edited by batboy99; 08-12-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #246
blksuperman2
Deadly Akuma

Batboy can you pm me that Baroness pic?

Thanks man.

My website :My NEW Fan Art thread
blksuperman2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #247
batboy99
BTVS

sorry, I moved the pics, here it is.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 AM   #248
blksuperman2
Deadly Akuma

Thanks Dude. Needs a booty shot though.

My website :My NEW Fan Art thread
blksuperman2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #249
batboy99
BTVS

Enter the Hershey's G.I.Joe contest and you can unlock wallpapers. The Baroness one is cool. Its that same pic, but full body. Nice booty shot.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #250
Crook
Banned User

Post it.

Crook is offline   Reply With Quote