The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #26
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Beautiful and deadly: the official "Sienna Miller is the Baroness" thread.

It's probably a disguise, like she did in the cartoon almost every bloody episode.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #27
copywrite
Side-Kick

Default Re: Beautiful and deadly: the official "Sienna Miller is the Baroness" thread.

edit: Apparently it's just a flashback. The reasonings of the funeral are what leads her to MARS and Destro. I don't mind if she dyes her hair black, as long as it's black in the end.

Last edited by copywrite; 02-22-2008 at 01:58 AM.
copywrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #28
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
It's probably a disguise, like she did in the cartoon almost every bloody episode.
Hells yeah. She'd simply rip off the blonde wig and put on her glasses, then laugh like a hyena.

"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
DOG LIPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #29
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

who died? anyone know?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #30
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrrd_2 View Post
who died? anyone know?
Our childhood.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #31
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

aww thats sad

Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #32
Jamie Madrox
Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG LIPS View Post
Our childhood.

Nah. As long as we still have the old cartoon episodes, our childhood lives, and will nevah die!

Nice pics. Missin' the jet black hair though, so hopefully we see some shots of that soon.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #33
JohnRico
Banned User

She is not beautiful with this movie look & she sure as hell does not look deadly

JohnRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #34
Philly Phanboy
LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueerMike View Post
Uh, Baroness isn't American!!! Or blonde!!! WTF!?!?!
...and not wearing glasses.

Philly Phanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #35
K.B.
Side-Kick

I'm going to guess that she was dateing Rex a.k.a. Cobra Commander and that this is where he "dies" and this is where she turns to Destro and M.A.R.S. and will create a love triangle with Baroness/Destro/CC throughout the 3 flicks.

I'm baseing this on 2 things.

1)Duke is also in this scene (ala the pics of hi mwe have seen take place during the funural scene)

2) It's the stupid predictable direction that hollywood movies go so it really isn't that far of a stretch to assume this. And lets be honest, they have already made more then enough mistakes with this flick so far so hey whats stoping them from doing this one?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #36
QueerMike
Banned User

Quote:
who died? anyone know?
According to the comics, Snake Eyes killed her brother while in Vietnam. Ironically enough, this led to Destro meeting Baroness as he was Snake Eyes lawyer in the trial.

That was the comic book though and this is, ugh... the movie.

QueerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #37
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

^thanks mike....i did not know that

Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #38
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

If they are going that far already, I'm praying they ditch the awful SCARLETT/RIPCORD business.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #39
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

edit, dp.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 02-22-2008 at 08:12 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #40
That-Guy
Banned User

Are they intentionally releasing the most underwhelming pics that they can?

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 AM   #41
Gotham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueerMike View Post
According to the comics, Snake Eyes killed her brother while in Vietnam. Ironically enough, this led to Destro meeting Baroness as he was Snake Eyes lawyer in the trial.

That was the comic book though and this is, ugh... the movie.
I don't think that's the case here.

Gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:02 AM   #42
copywrite
Side-Kick

It actually is partially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
They haven't released anything. This is just some fan who got a few snaps while they were on set.

Last edited by copywrite; 02-23-2008 at 02:10 AM.
copywrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:49 AM   #43
Gotham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Someone from afar managed to snap a picture or two.

Trust me, the first official picture will be mindblowing. They will fix it up like crazy, until the very little detail.

Gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #44
That-Guy
Banned User

Okay, well, if it was just some fanboy with a camera, then that makes me feel a little better. Because when I saw this pic and the one of Quaid, I was like, do they really think THIS will get people excited?

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #45
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

My worst fear has come to fruition; baroness will remain a blonde. I had a feeling when they cast Miller they were not gonna change her hair color. I hate it when studios don't think certain characters characteristics, like hair color, are that important.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #46
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

^dude, baroness is a master of disquise...its a not a huge stretch of the imagination to think that she might change her hair color at some point(perhaps multiple times) in the movie.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #47
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

Hopefully it is just a flashback or intro scene. Then later she will get black hair and glasses. Or she'll be blonde the whole movie, but have a "cameo" in disguise with the black hair and glasses. For the fans.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #48
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

either way....my opinion of this movie is not based solely on the HAIR COLOR of just ONE of the characters....this movie has a doven or so characters to focus on.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #49
protocida
Side-Kick

I Think that Baroness and Duke we'll have a old affair. Something that happened before Rex, also know as Cobra Commander, died.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:28 AM   #50
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
^dude, baroness is a master of disquise...its a not a huge stretch of the imagination to think that she might change her hair color at some point(perhaps multiple times) in the movie.
Maybe, but my issue is that the filmmakers keep emphasizing that this movie will be like a 'comic book/cartoon' brought to life, and we're seeing things that contradict that.