The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe World

Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #51
Scarab
Side-Kick

Default Re: 25th Anniversary GI JOES figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
By the way, in Canada we can only get these in specific comic stores, and sparingly at best (I have not even seen the Crimson Twins, Firefly and Stalker).

Am I correct in thinking in the U.S. you can get them at Toys R Us, Wal Mart, Target etc?
Yep we can get them there. And we have some many stalkers where I live it's not even funny. But I haven't seen a Firefly yet at all and he is one of my favorite Cobra's he's on par with Zartan at the very top in my opinion. Though I haven't seen a Zartan either.

Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #52
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
And we have some many stalkers where I live it's not even funny.
I've never met you before, but I absolutely hate you for that.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #53
Scarab
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've never met you before, but I absolutely hate you for that.
And I do apologize for that. LOL Though seriously if we could figure some way out I have no problem getting one for ya if you could pay shipping and reimburse me. Don't mind trying to help a fellow collector if I can.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #54
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
And I do apologize for that. LOL Though seriously if we could figure some way out I have no problem getting one for ya if you could pay shipping and reimburse me. Don't mind trying to help a fellow collector if I can.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait for the supply chain to catch up. Also, I might be in northern Washington state sometime soon.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #55
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw

Just to let everyone know, while at Target I finally spotted their exclusive HISS tank for 9.99.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #56
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWBAT69 View Post
Just to let everyone know, while at Target I finally spotted their exclusive HISS tank for 9.99.
Sonofa*****! I'm definitely going down to Bellingham next month. I'm getting 3 if I can!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #57
Scarab
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWBAT69 View Post
Crap I've been looking for that but haven't seen any of the Target Vehicles yet at all and I would love a HISS tank. I never managed to get one originally I was young and have no money and the parents wouldn't comply lol

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #58
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw

The only thing I didnt like on them is that they are blue, not black.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #59
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

^ Customize, man. If I manage to get a hold of two or more, one of them's going to get a nice (fake) chrome job.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #60
Fettdave
Side-Kick

Hey guys, if you're looking for the Target exclusives, try the mini endcaps on the front registers. two of the area Targets around here have a display of joe, Transformers, and Star Wars set up.

Fettdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #61
Scarab
Side-Kick

Sorry but just needed to rant here. I have a friend who works part time security at one of the local Walmarts who called me last night to let me know there was a shipment of GI Joes on the floor. Well I was asleep when he called and got the message this morning when I got up for school. So I got dressed nice and quick to run to the store and when i get there there's a couple scarlets and a couple of the scarlet hawk 2 packs and nothing else. I call him up, cause I know he's not in bed yet, to ask him about it and apparently the local comic shop owner and one of the guys he's with showed up and didn't even wait for them to be shelved and just started grabbing the Joes from the boxes. They've done this crap before they stockpile and after a few months they mark them up and sell them in their store. One of the guys once actually tried to take a Hush Series Riddler from my younger bro when he got it off the shelf, he physically tried to take it from him. It does explain partially why I've been having trouble getting my hands on some of the Joes I've been wanting. I don't have the time to sit in Walmart at 1 in the morning waiting on shipments so looks like I'll just have to keep trying and hope.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #62
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

^^ I really, really hate it when comic shop owners pull that kind of sh!+.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #63
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Good news, I finally found Stalker, the last one on the shelf.

Seriously, these things are like heroin to me now. I'm going directly from work to the one comic store that regularly has these every Wednesday. Right now, nothing cheeses me off more than seeing an empty peg there that wasn't there last week, and wondering what, if anything, I missed. Firefly? Snakeyes w/timber? I'm going nuts!!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #64
Scarab
Side-Kick

Congrats on the Stalker that's awesome. And yeah i make a couple trips a week to each store in town to see if there's anything new lol.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #65
Scarab
Side-Kick

Went to target today and stumbled onto the Iron Grenadier Destro. All the trips are paying off lol

Old 04-27-2008, 02:24 AM   #66
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

After seeing the prices he's going for online, I kinda regret taking my Flint figure out of his packaging.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #67
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw

Ive left all my carded figs on the card. Thats the main reason I started collecting these to begin with was for the card art.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #68
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Sweet, I got Zartan yesterday. Again, these things aren't readily available in Canada, so it's a big deal for me.

BTW, what are those brown rifles the Crimson Guards have used for? It's hard to get the figure to hold them.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #69
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Picked up some 2 packs today:

Battle-Torn Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow
Crimson Guard & Cobra Officer
Ace & Wild Weasel
Tomax & Xamot
Breaker & Destro

Old 05-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #70
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

^ Hey, if you're American you've got enough there to send away for Doc. Unfortunately, I'm excluded from that offer.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #71
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

I need one more, actually. I'm hoping to find Torch and Ripper.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #72
CaptainAmerica
Desciple of the Creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roll'd View Post
which Cobra Commander do you have because I like the hooded one and the Black uni
The helmet one.

I picked up the Scarlett/General Hawk 2 pack a few weeks ago. They're pretty good.

CaptainAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #73
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Got some more 2-Packs:

Hawk & Scarlett
CC & Duke
Ripper & Torch

Don't worry Doc, I can rescue you now!

Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #74
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

What a difference regional distribution makes! I thought the entire Canadian market had limited access to 25th anniversary Joes, then I pay a visit to Vancouver and I'm swimming with them! Still no Firefly (will have to resort to e-bay for that one) but this week alone I've spent the food budget and picked up Lady Jaye, the double-knife Snake Eyes, a couple of Vipers, Wild Bill, Spirit, the Crimson Twins, the AWE Striker and the HISS Tank!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #75
Darthkush
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthkush View Post
recently aquired snow job, rock and roll, iron grenadier destro, crimson guard, ripper/torch, xamot/tomax, cobra infantryman, ace/wild weasel.
Since then I've gotten Wild Bill, gung ho, scarlett, snakes eyes with swords, snakes eyes in an parka, Spirit Iron Knife, Duke with jet pack(like in the cartoon movie!), Baroness in blue outfit, Major Bludd, Cobra Hiss Tank with driver, Roadblock version 2, Hiss tank driver, Snow Job, Armored Cobra commander, Cobra Viper, Rock N' Roll, Lt. Torpedo, And both of those target exclusive Joe vehicles with figures. *phew. takes an breath*.

Does anybody think we'll get an single packed Doc at some point? I want him but i don't like this proof of purchase junk. I mean, we've got single packs of everybody who's been in those 5 packs so why not Doc?

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote