The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #76
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: Venom now has a stand alone film, according to the studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero Hype! View Post
I'll believe it when I read it in Variety or The Hollywood Reporter, or hear it directly from "the studio."
I'm still not quite convinced either until I hear some real specifics like casting and shooting dates. Terminator 4 and Blade 4 have been "moving foward" for years now.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #77
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erVenom View Post
There is a big difference. Carnage is a slice-and-stab kind of fighter. Venom is the kind of fighter who keeps coming even when he's absorbed enormous amounts of punishment. We aren't talking bloody noses and black eyes here. Unless the studio goes with a different kind of blood ( ala AVP ) this movie must be R-rated for the necessary brutality of the characters.
Yeah, I guess your right. I mean aspects of Carnage from the comics, such as Maximum Carnage, could be put on film and would defenitley be awesome.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #78
The Joker_1000
Banned User

There was never anything said about there being a Blade 4. Blade 3 was the last one.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #79
chaseter
Bland User

I have no hope for this movie...it is way to early to be excited for this.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #80
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Not really, I'm mainly excited because we're getting the movie. If we get some sucky casting choices, bad writers, bad trailers, etc., then my hype for this movie will die down. Until then, I'm completely hyped for this movie.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #81
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
Yeah, I guess your right. I mean aspects of Carnage from the comics, such as Maximum Carnage, could be put on film and would defenitley be awesome.
Violent movies have managed PG-13 ratings by using non-red blood. They could possibly have some kind of logic for Venom and/or Carnage bleeding black, brown or green. Of course, Carnage needs to be established as a ruthless serial killer, which would be hard, though not impossible, without the use of red blood.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 AM   #82
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta_1000 View Post
There was never anything said about there being a Blade 4. Blade 3 was the last one.
There were articles immediately following Trinity about there being a Blade 4. Rumors persist today.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=30525

Old 02-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #83
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta_1000 View Post
Exactly, I want to see these two ripping each other apart & just coming at each other until the other is dead. If Carnage is the protagonist & the movie is rated R, this movie is going to be badass.
Agreed, I want to see vertigo fights, mid air fights, and more.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #84
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Yeah, I'd love to see the two going at it & not holding back in the slighest. I'm sure we could get some killer fight scenes if Marvel gets the right people to make the movie.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #85
Hectorminator
Side-Kick

I waited my entire life to see a Spider-Man movie, and Venom is my favorite villain of all time, even though he was way overused in the nineties, but honestly, I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE MADE.

The entire time I would be watching it, I would be thinking "this is money wasted. Venom needs to be fighting Spider-Man. Scarring the crap out of Mary Jane. Killing Gwen Stacy. Not being some lame 'anit-hero' in his own PG-13 movie."

I want to see Venom come back, and Topher Grace, too. He stole the show in Spider-Man 3. But if Venom's not fighting Spider-Man, he's no good to me.

Side-note: Favorite Venom moment? The last issue of one of Venom's like 100 different mini-series of the nineties, Spidey's getting the crap beat outta him on some rooftop by Venom (as usual) and then just all of a sudden Spidey grabs Venom. Venom starts laughing "you can't push me Spidey, you're too weak." Spidey is holding onto Venom on the edge of a building, "I didn't wanna push you...I wanted to pull!" Spidey throws both him and Venom over the edge, and Venom starts saying "you'll kill us both!" Then Spidey slowly turns Venom in mid-air so that he lands first, and takes the brunt of the fall. Spidey walks away all messed up, but Venom's out cold. That needs to be in Spider-Man 5. Not "Venom."

Hectorminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #86
Uber Venom
Born to Burn

Carnage shouldn't be in any movie. Period. The character is downright terrible.

The thought of an anti-hero Venom movie with Carnage as the antagonist doesn't seem very appealing to me.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #87
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Venom is totally and utterly incapable of carrying his own movie, and probably one of the least worthy villains to get a movie. He's no Magneto. He has not got the depth or story to make a movie.

He was created as an enemy to Spider-Man. That's the only way he functions best.

This movie is a train wreck waiting to happen.
Perhaps, but couldnt the same thing be said about Blade? Blade was created solely as an enemy to Dracula in the old Tomb Of Dracula comic, yet went on to headline a three movie franchise.

It can be done. I honestly believe every single Marvel hero or villain can be done on the big screen, with the right people behind it.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #88
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
Please don't fight or I'll be forced to start mooning people, if you value your eyesight, you'll stop now.
Lol

Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #89
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Venom is totally and utterly incapable of carrying his own movie, and probably one of the least worthy villains to get a movie. He's no Magneto. He has not got the depth or story to make a movie.

He was created as an enemy to Spider-Man. That's the only way he functions best.

This movie is a train wreck waiting to happen.
^
Exactly

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #90
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Venom doesn't need his own movie. What Venom needed was a Spider-Man film in which he was the only villain. Yes, he is one of the most popular villains in the comics, but that doesn't mean he can have a successful movie - quality wise. As Joker said, he is no Magneto. There just isn't enough depth from Venom without the writers having to drastically change him from his comic-counterpart. Also, who would be the hero of the film? Wait, they are going to change Venom into an anti-hero when Venom being a villain (his primary function of being) was already a bang-up job? Presumably, if this is taking place after Spider-Man 3, how can you have Venom when Eddie Brock got fried via pumpkin bomb?

Of course, it always depends on the writer, but I just can't see it. If anything, this film would hold back other Marvel superheroes from having film adaptations. You don't see WB pitching ideas for Joker or Lex Luthor having their own movies.

Well, hell; The WB can't even get Wonder Woman, Flash, or Green Lantern off the ground. Let's not put the cart before the horse here.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #91
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens25 View Post
I,for one,can see Venom starring in his own film. It would be Venom vs. Carnage,but they should make Eddie Brock more fleshed out. Have him struggle with his personal demons. He is depressed and angry,but does he control the symbiote or does it control him? He wants to enjoy the power he's given,but at the same time,there's still a good person underneath. So,when Carnage is born and starts murdering people,Brock has to decide whether he should actually help people or continue his own evil ways. Carnage could be encouraging him by saying,"You have all this power and you wanna waste in on others? Use it to get what you want!" I think it would also be awesome for Brock to have some kind of love interest. Maybe he could meet a woman who generally wants to help him get his sanity back and starts caring about him,giving Brock a reason to actually feel love for someone again. Yet,he'll still have feelings for Gwen.
There's just so many possibilities for the character and this movie. I wouldn't write it off so easily,but I wouldn't rejoice either. Let's just see how this develops. As for being worried about this turning into another Electra,don't bother with that. Electra isn't really that well known by alot of people and the movie wasn't that impressive with it's special effects. Venom is by far,the most popular villain out there today and even friends I know who don't know much about comics,know who he is. Even if the movie isn't that great you can bet it will make money. Venom fighting Carnage? Who wouldn't pay to see that!? Let's say this turns out to be like Freddy vs. Jason. Yes,the acting and writing was bad,but really,who wanted to see that? We wanted to see Freddy and Jason tearing each other apart and that's what we could get here. The only way this film can fail is if they don't take it seriously enough...imo.
Stevens25 for Venom: The Movie scriptwriter!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #92
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
I think he did a good job as Eddie Brock, but if he doesn't want to come back I'm fine with that.
Agreed.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #93
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectorminator View Post
I waited my entire life to see a Spider-Man movie, and Venom is my favorite villain of all time, even though he was way overused in the nineties, but honestly, I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE MADE.

The entire time I would be watching it, I would be thinking "this is money wasted. Venom needs to be fighting Spider-Man. Scarring the crap out of Mary Jane. Killing Gwen Stacy. Not being some lame 'anit-hero' in his own PG-13 movie."

I want to see Venom come back, and Topher Grace, too. He stole the show in Spider-Man 3. But if Venom's not fighting Spider-Man, he's no good to me.

Side-note: Favorite Venom moment? The last issue of one of Venom's like 100 different mini-series of the nineties, Spidey's getting the crap beat outta him on some rooftop by Venom (as usual) and then just all of a sudden Spidey grabs Venom. Venom starts laughing "you can't push me Spidey, you're too weak." Spidey is holding onto Venom on the edge of a building, "I didn't wanna push you...I wanted to pull!" Spidey throws both him and Venom over the edge, and Venom starts saying "you'll kill us both!" Then Spidey slowly turns Venom in mid-air so that he lands first, and takes the brunt of the fall. Spidey walks away all messed up, but Venom's out cold. That needs to be in Spider-Man 5. Not "Venom."

Yeah, i remember that. That rocked.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #94
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
And by the way, Joker/Doc Ock: if they made a solo Doc Ock film, would you watch it?
Hell no!

What the heck would he be doing on his own for 2 hours without Spidey? Be a farce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero Hype! View Post
I'll believe it when I read it in Variety or The Hollywood Reporter, or hear it directly from "the studio."
Hope springs eternal that this is not true, then.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #95
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Yeah. About this news, uh, in the words of just about every major Star Wars character, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #96
DX
YES! YES! YES!

I think this is a bad idea...The ending of SM3 finished Venom's story arc. There's nothing else they can do with him.

I liked him in SM3...but I don't want a spin-off.

SM1: 8.5/10
SM2: 9.5/10
SM3: 6.5/10
TASM: 4/10
TASM2: lol/10
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #97
shogunrua
Side-Kick

ok I think everyone will agree with the fact that we're not dealing with oscar material here, but I think we have enough material to have a great action flick, I just hope that they won't turn Venom into the "Lethal Protector" and keep him as a bad guy.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #98
Still A ThorFan
Side-Kick

Once the 'Spider-Man' franchise began to take form, Venom was rumored as a potential villain from movie one. The character finally made a disappointing appearance in last summer's 'Spider-Man 3' with actor Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock.

Keyword: DISAPPOINTTING

Thor: As strong as thee monster? NAY! I BE STRONGER!
Still A ThorFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #99
FaT_tONle
Banned User

IESB can't be trusted these days... especially Sanchez... didn't Arad already confirm a Venom spinoff and the studio later retracted? What makes you think they are going to jump on board again?

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 02-03-2008 at 09:31 AM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #100
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

I at least hope that they adapt the "Last Temptation of Eddie Brock" story from the comics--that the was only remotely good Venom story, and it's one with virtually no Spider-Man in it so there's no problem there.

In any case, at least this quells the "I want more Venom!" whining without poisoning the main films with his return. Two birds with one stone.

Blader5489 is offline   Reply With Quote