The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #101
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: Venom now has a stand alone film, according to the studio.

But Venom without Spiderman isn't using the potential... we needed one great Venom/Spidey movie... nothing can change that now... I am not saying bring him back... but he should have been the stand alone villain in SM4.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #102
AIRWOLF
Mach-1+ Attack Chopper

Wow, a movie on Venom. Let's hope it turns out all fine, since it could go either way.

You know guys, I think it wouldn't be so bad. I mean, even if it turns out to be a B-movie, it would stop all the fuss about Venom unless it generates another one. Joker had some valid points about Venom's own movie, but I think some Venom fans wouldn't mind if Spidey isn't there or if the character is re-written to suit the movie. Wasn't Sandman re-written to suit the movie?

Last edited by AIRWOLF; 02-03-2008 at 10:55 AM.
AIRWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #103
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

This is great news. Heck, throw Carnage in there as well. And when it tanks it means we no longer have to worry about those two characters stinking up the main franchise.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #104
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens25
I,for one,can see Venom starring in his own film. It would be Venom vs. Carnage,but they should make Eddie Brock more fleshed out. Have him struggle with his personal demons. He is depressed and angry,but does he control the symbiote or does it control him? He wants to enjoy the power he's given,but at the same time,there's still a good person underneath. So,when Carnage is born and starts murdering people,Brock has to decide whether he should actually help people or continue his own evil ways. Carnage could be encouraging him by saying,"You have all this power and you wanna waste in on others? Use it to get what you want!" I think it would also be awesome for Brock to have some kind of love interest. Maybe he could meet a woman who generally wants to help him get his sanity back and starts caring about him,giving Brock a reason to actually feel love for someone again. Yet,he'll still have feelings for Gwen.
There's just so many possibilities for the character and this movie. I wouldn't write it off so easily,but I wouldn't rejoice either. Let's just see how this develops. As for being worried about this turning into another Electra,don't bother with that. Electra isn't really that well known by alot of people and the movie wasn't that impressive with it's special effects. Venom is by far,the most popular villain out there today and even friends I know who don't know much about comics,know who he is. Even if the movie isn't that great you can bet it will make money. Venom fighting Carnage? Who wouldn't pay to see that!? Let's say this turns out to be like Freddy vs. Jason. Yes,the acting and writing was bad,but really,who wanted to see that? We wanted to see Freddy and Jason tearing each other apart and that's what we could get here. The only way this film can fail is if they don't take it seriously enough...imo.
Very nicely done, Stevens25.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #105
Green Goblin 1964
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
A movie dedicated to Venom......it's doomed already.
Quoted For Truth

Green Goblin 1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #106
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
But Venom without Spiderman isn't using the potential... we needed one great Venom/Spidey movie... nothing can change that now... I am not saying bring him back... but he should have been the stand alone villain in SM4.

For all we know Spider-Man could be in the movie but Marvel could want to get this from Venom's perspective & not Spider-Man's.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #107
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta_1000 View Post
For all we know Spider-Man could be in the movie but Marvel could want to get this from Venom's perspective & not Spider-Man's.
I don't think Spider-Man will be in this film. Especially because we already have a Spidey franchise going, so the Venom film should be seperate from that.

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #108
Spiderine
Business as Usual

I am split on this one. I would have to find out more about their intentions before I criticize or endorse this move.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #109
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
I don't think Spider-Man will be in this film. Especially because we already have a Spidey franchise going, so the Venom film should be seperate from that.
This sounds strictly like a Venom solo movie perhaps displaying his anti-heroics from the comics. One thing I will say is this would be a perfect way to bring in Carnage along with the blood guts and violence.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #110
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Regardless it will end up like Catwoman... we'll get some different version of the character... if Topher doesn't come back there is no point in bringing back Brock's version of Venom... it can't be a prequel... unless they have some darn good plot outline of bringing Brock back from the dead... and if they do that successfully (which they won't) it would open the door to spinning Venom back into the SPidey franchise but it is just too difficult... plus without Topher I won't be interested...

Old 02-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #111
Spiderine
Business as Usual

It just seems to me they dug themselves a hole the way they introduced him and finished him in SM3. You would think this was something that should have been discussed before hand but you could never tell watching the way they portrayed him in Spiderman.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #112
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Venom was awful in SM3 and the character deserves to be done right. I just wish it didn't have to come to this. I would much rather have him be a solo villain in a Spider-Man film than have him have his own movie.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #113
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderine View Post
This sounds strictly like a Venom solo movie perhaps displaying his anti-heroics from the comics. One thing I will say is this would be a perfect way to bring in Carnage along with the blood guts and violence.
Anti-Hero Venom doesn't have to be used for this film. There are defenitely ways to make Venom cold blooded, but still fight Carnage.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #114
FaT_tONle
Banned User

If they do this they should do it in 2010/11... then use Venom again in SM5 in like 2014/15... it should be a spinoff from S-M3 so they still need a good resurecting plot... and you might as well reboot with new actors in every role (yeah yeah keep Simmons... but other than that)...

Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #115
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Anti-Hero Venom doesn't have to be used for this film. There are defenitely ways to make Venom cold blooded, but still fight Carnage.
That would be somewhat ironic... what would be his purpose in fighting someone who desire to reck the same amount cold blooded carnage on people?

What... Venom is going to tell Carnage he can't do that, but I can?

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #116
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

Quote:
He needs to give the movie a chance. With him in it, it could potentially be the best Marvel spin-off movie ever made.
exactly...totally agree!
whos the girl in ur avatar???

Old 02-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #117
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Before he says he thinks the movie wil suck, I think he needs to look at the script first & then make his choice.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #118
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Like what? This movie would be about Venom. Venom is killing people and spreading terror but he is going to fight Carnage to stop him. That sounds ridiculous. If they are going to play the Venom vs Carnage thing then Venom will be the guy everyone roots for and Carnage will be pure evil.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #119
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
That would be somewhat ironic... what would be his purpose in fighting someone who desire to reck the same amount cold blooded carnage on people?

What... Venom is going to tell Carnage he can't do that, but I can?
Yeah, they are competing for body count.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #120
The Joker_1000
Banned User

I think that Carnage & Venom fighting should be about who's the top dog & more or less about survival. This movie shouldn't be about the greater good defeating the greater evil.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #121
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Like what? This movie would be about Venom. Venom is killing people and spreading terror but he is going to fight Carnage to stop him. That sounds ridiculous. If they are going to play the Venom vs Carnage thing then Venom will be the guy everyone roots for and Carnage will be pure evil.
Very true, I guess I didn't think of that all through. What if they continue from Spidey3 though? I mean Venom was cold blooded in SM3. That's one of the reasons I think they will re-tell his origin in this spin off film.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #122
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
I think that Carnage & Venom fighting should be about who's the top dog & more or less about survival. This movie shouldn't be about the greater good defeating the greater evil.
I would be shocked if that is the type of movie they have in mind for Venom. Competing for body count and crime sprees so the victor can be the better murderer.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #123
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Very true, I guess I didn't think of that all through. What if they continue from Spidey3 though? I mean Venom was cold blooded in SM3. That's one of the reasons I think they will re-tell his origin in this spin off film.
If they play that angle then I don't see Carnage in it period. So that I can agree with.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #124
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

Topher Grace was a GREAT Eddie Brock/Venom. He just didn't have much screentime.

Topher Grace can carry his own movie as Venom. The problem is... he kinda blew up.... nice going Sony/Raimi....

Now we're gonna have a Venom movie with a different version of the character or even different actor???

If you didn't kill him off... this would have been cool. Not it's just confusing.

NinjaCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #125
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
I would be shocked if that is the type of movie they have in mind for Venom. Competing for body count and crime sprees so the victor can be the better murderer.
I doubt it will be, but it is indeed possible. Anti-Hero Venom seems more likley because in the comics, Spidey asked Venom for help and when Venom decided to join, they fought Carnage (the storyline was Maximum Carnage for anybody that doesn't know.) What I want to see is Venom realsiing that the people in NYC don't deserve to be killed. The innocent deserve to be saved, but if somebody gets in his way and tries to stop him, then he will just knockout that person or something. The possibilities really are interesting.