Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #501
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
No I mean they shouldn't have taken on Duke Nukem to get money on what was ultimately a terrible game just to go and make another terrible game because they had overtaxed themselves of which they will inevitably lose money on.
ACM was always going to be terrible unless they had another full development cycle to make it. They were never going to get that.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #502
zenith16
Side-Kick

Randy did say he just allowed Duke nukum to be finished as a favor to the devs the worked on it prior cause there were buddies of his that work on that game. But after that they have to remember they aren't really a publisher yet. And they don't have the resources and money to back up doing more then they can handle. I agree with upsetspidey there. they just need to knowwhen to speek up to who they are working for.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #503
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Randy did say he just allowed Duke nukum to be finished as a favor to the devs the worked on it prior cause there were buddies of his that work on that game. But after that they have to remember they aren't really a publisher yet. And they don't have the resources and money to back up doing more then they can handle. I agree with upsetspidey there. they just need to knowwhen to speek up to who they are working for.
You seem to be missing the point here. They couldn't or they would have been in big legal trouble. Their biggest mistake was not finishing this game years ago.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #504
Soapy
It's happening again...

It's really a shame how the Alien franchise has been treated in gaming recently (and on the big screen as well I guess). Personally I just wish they would get away from the MUHREENZ stuff, it's so played out, and expound on other aspects of the fiction.

I guess I would like to remind people that Aliens: Infestation came out a year or two ago for DS and it's apparently awesome. Also Creative Assembly is currently working an untitled Alien game. So there's something to potentially look forward to.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #505
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You seem to be missing the point here. They couldn't or they would have been in big legal trouble. Their biggest mistake was not finishing this game years ago.

well while legal actions is likely those that are of the court will see who in their right minds . sega had this same issue before which is why their in a worse state then ever before. they the same to obsidan too. it be said there was bad leader ship and sega was to blame too cause they keapt pushin things on that studio and kept push for launch too. any one that knows better buisness wise will put sega in their place, when court actually happens. and sega won't be around any more. it's about time that some one lets sega make that mistake. their not that powerful any moredue to the first time that happened. I don't sayin that. but who ever's boss there needs to change that tune or be removed if sega gonna stay alive. but that part needs to end.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-13-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #506
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
well while legal is likely those that of the court will see who in their right minds . sega had this same issue before which why their in a worse state then ever before. any one that know better buness wise will put sega in their place when count actually happens. and sega won't be around any more. it's about time that some lets sega make that mistake.
You do realize they kept giving them extensions right? That Sega apparently kept ripping up contracts to give them chance after chance? That Gearbox outsourced a majority of the work, but obviously didn't make sure they gave it to people actually capable right?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #507
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
The dev's studio's need to learn stand their ground with certain publishers that have contracted them and say "this is not ready damn it" and We aren't putting it out til it is.
You can't really do that when you contract out, though. You either get it done, or you ship what you have. If FOX has a choice between "We'll be ready in 18 months" and "We'll probably be ready in 18 months, but if not, give us another year" they'll sign the cheaper option and if they have to ship an unfinished game, so be it.

Defiance in this situation just gets you a messy lawsuit.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 AM   #508
Soapy
It's happening again...

Sega should have put their foot down like Activision did with Silicon Knights and that X-Men game.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 AM   #509
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
You can't really do that when you contract out, though. You either get it done, or you ship what you have. If FOX has a choice between "We'll be ready in 18 months" and "We'll probably be ready in 18 months, but if not, give us another year" they'll sign the cheaper option and if they have to ship an unfinished game, so be it.

Defiance in this situation just gets you a messy lawsuit.

Like I said let it happen then . And in this case there's more against the people that want some thing like that shipped then the ones that are saying "it's not ready." That shouldn't have made it to the public. Ether way they still lose. And every one knows what fox is like these days. They are a mess it's only their sun day night "prime time" tv line up that's cool. The rest of late years both movies and every thing else is a mess .

Last edited by zenith16; 02-13-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #510
Nathan

Notes on the patch.

Quote:
2/11/2013 Update

General

- General user interface improvements.
- Various performance improvements.
- Fixed issue where a door may not function properly if a Xeno was killed while opening it.
- Addressed issue where players could become stuck in a close encounter after killing a Lurker that had pounced them.
- Fixed collision issue where bullets would not pass through certain open doorways.
- Fixed an issue related to clients incorrectly interrupting Xeno melee encounters.
- Addressed an issue where doors would sometimes not open properly.
- Addressed an exploit where players could melee while throwing a grenade or placing a claymore.
- Fixed some collision detection issues that could result from a close encounter.
- Prevented campaign pop-ups from appearing outside of campaign.

Campaign

- Fixed an issue that could prevent NPCs from getting on the elevator in the Sulaco.
- NPCs no longer attempt to open doors while being welded.
- Fixed issue where Raven could sometimes pass through welded door.
- Implementing a message to warn players that campaign progress will be overwritten if they try to start an offline campaign game from within the co-op campaign UI.
- Adjusted the distance between players before they're warped to the location of furthest player in co-op.
- Fixed issue where torch would sometimes appear incorrectly to co-op clients.
- Fixed issue where difficulty could sometimes become stuck incorrectly after switching modes.
- Fixed issue where co-op player would not recover properly after being saved from a close encounter.
- Fixed issue where Russian players could not drop into a co-op match in some missions.
- Updated late-game close encounter moment to disable player input, which could cause them to become stuck.

Multiplayer

- Resolved issue where campaign Motion Tracker could incorrectly in multiplayer loadouts.
- Fixed issue where clients would sometimes be invisible after spawning in No Hope in Hadleys.
- Multiplayer teams are now randomized (parties excluded) if percentage difference in scores is greater than 15%
- 'Switch Teams' option removed from the Pause menu.
- Corrected issue where server and client could get out-of-sync when switching out of a power-up while firing.
- Fixed issue where controller would vibrate during the scores screen if Rage ability was active upon match end.
- Fixed issue where Cloak ability would not conceal the Lurker when walking or jogging.
- Corrected bug where clients appeared to spawn outside of world before match start.
- Removed placeholder text from appearing on scoreboard in certain situations.
- Improved camera transition when Xeno enters a vent.
- Fixed issue where Xenomorph HUD could sometimes appear in the wrong color.
- Fixed issue with Spitter acid sometimes preventing players from deploying a Sentry Turret for a short while.
- Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.
- Escape: Fixed issue where Xenos could spawn in unplayable space.
- Escape: Fixed issue where Xeno players could lose functionality if warped to next area while in a vent.
- Escape: Addressed issues where players would spawn with no weapon if they were the last Marine to die in Escape.
- Escape: Fixed issue where Cat-Like Reflexes ability would not properly complete in an Escape match.
- Escape: Improved timing and placement of warp locations in Emergency Evac.
Source

Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #511
jacobed
Banned User

Isn't going to stop it from being terrible. The pulse rifle had a cool noise in the movie but man when you're constantly shooting that thing uh its freakin awful. Beat it today. Main campaign 4 hours. Garbage

Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #512
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
The pulse rifle had a cool noise in the movie but man when you're constantly shooting that thing uh its freakin awful.
Had the game actually been awesome, this would be a non-issue. First fans complain that they don't use the Movie sounds, and when they do, it suddenly is grating. It's like because most of the game turned out to be awful, every other small little problem, people have with the game, gets amplified a thousandfold.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #513
Nathan

Aliens: Colonial Marines - MARIN POWER or How Keys Failed At Life - Part 1

Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #514
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Had the game actually been awesome, this would be a non-issue. First fans complain that they don't use the Movie sounds, and when they do, it suddenly is grating. It's like because most of the game turned out to be awful, every other small little problem, people have with the game, gets amplified a thousandfold.
People are pissed they got sold a shoddy, unfinished halfass game. Yes, everything is going to get *****ed about. That's how it works.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #515
Nathan

At least there's some form of entertainment to be gained from this car crash.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #516
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Like I said let it happen then . And in this case there's more against the people that want some thing like that shipped then the ones that are saying "it's not ready." That shouldn't have made it to the public. Ether way they still lose. And every one knows what fox is like these days. They are a mess it's only their sun day night "prime time" tv line up that's cool. The rest of late years both movies and every thing else is a mess .
So Gearbox should of risked being put of of existence why exactly?

Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #517
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

someone competent should give us an HD Remake of AvP2 if we're going to keep getting crap.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #518
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
So, I believe AvP2 from 2001 is still the best we got so far, isn't it?
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Apparently this is the best part of the game. It apparently works really well.
Yep!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #519
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

good thing i didn't shell out $60 for this then

much like Duke Nukem, within a few months time the game will be marked down to $20. i'll get it then.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #520
Nathan

Aliens: Colonial Marines: 10 Reasons It Sucks

Actually a good list. Not just a list of silly bugs and glitches.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #521
Nathan

From AvPGalaxy. IF true, the situation Gearbox was in sounds worse and worse.

Quote:
No, Time Gate did the campaign. Im sorry I can't tell you more beyond "trust me" without getting people in trouble or possibly sued for breaking NDA.... but every word of this article is fact.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/commen..._at_the_final/

Again, this was shady dealings by Gearbox... they had too much on their plate especially with something they knew would be hot (Borderlands 2)... Time Gate did a lot of the campaign and when they (GBX) got the game back after finishing up BL2 they received a shell of a game...

Also some notes on the article... you guys may not realize but to pass cert on Xbox is a long ass process... with so little time between BL2 cert and ACM release, there wasn't much time to make anything out the game that had never been a fully realized project from the get go...

GBX suits were so focused on making the Sulaco sooooo close to the references and movies that for a while in the beginning of Pecan, there was no game... just a Aliens museum... and so the game never really had clear direction and between that and switching so many hands at Gearbox (from developers getting moved around to DNF, BL2, Furious 4) and other Outsourced companies (i.e. Time Gate ) the game was doomed to fail....

Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #522
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Sounds more like they did it to themselves.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #523
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I had a slightly better time playing the game this arvo in co-op but still... I find myself craving going back to Dead Space rather than wading through the crap of this game anymore. I know I've got to finish it for my review but still... It's very hard work.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #524
Nathan

And it's only a 5-6 hour campaign too. Although I've read that some finished it in 4.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #525
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I don't think that's factoring in cheap deaths and rage quits though :P

Closed Thread