The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #301
iwtv
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I like the steel font. I have the 89 and BF on blu ray; they're worth it for the special features. Although now I must consider buying B & R on blu ray just to make fun of Bat-nipples. I wonder, is there any commentary on them?

iwtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #302
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Yep... Joel Schumacher punishes himself by sitting through his own movie. And we get to hear his pain.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #303
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

The commentary on Batman & Robin is excellent, Schumacher was basically describing the film as if he was telling a story to children.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #304
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

BF and B&R commentries are gold.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #305
iwtv
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight90! View Post
Yep... Joel Schumacher punishes himself by sitting through his own movie. And we get to hear his pain.
You mean the sound of him wailing when he pinches his nipples? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
The commentary on Batman & Robin is excellent, Schumacher was basically describing the film as if he was telling a story to children.
Oh, so no nipple-pinching?

Okay, I'm good with the Bat-nipple speak. Seriously, I hope they show this film on tv soon just because...

Anyone seen the fourth movie on television in the recent past? Now that I think about it, it's been a while

iwtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #306
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Ive never actually been brave enough to listen to either commentaries on the Scumaher batfilms and will openly admit Burtons commentaries for his films put me right to sleep.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #307
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwtv View Post

Oh, so no nipple-pinching?

Okay, I'm good with the Bat-nipple speak. Seriously, I hope they show this film on tv soon just because...

Anyone seen the fourth movie on television in the recent past? Now that I think about it, it's been a while
I actually remember watching Batman & Robin on TBS and Cartoon Network not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Ive never actually been brave enough to listen to either commentaries on the Scumaher batfilms and will openly admit Burtons commentaries for his films put me right to sleep.
I'll have to agree with you on the Burton commentary. I actually fell asleep watching the his commentary but I remember being already tired when I was watching it. I'll remember to re-watch it one of these days.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #308
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

Tim Burton commentaries are an acquired taste; he's not the greatest speaker. Me, I've acquired the taste. They're way better than the Schumacher commentaries, though.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Homer J. Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #309
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight90! View Post

The only problem he left 3 minutes before the end credits roll so technically even he couldn't sit through the whole movie. And Akiva Goldsman should've been sitting right there with him. I'm just curious of the excuses he'd make for why B&R turned out the way it did.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #310
Spoonman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Fong View Post
Tim Burton commentaries are an acquired taste; he's not the greatest speaker. Me, I've acquired the taste. They're way better than the Schumacher commentaries, though.
As much as I like Burton and his Batfilms I'll have to disagree with this, I've never been able to make it through any of his commentaries for B89 and Returns. Schumacher on the other hand I really like his commentaries and kept me entertained for the most part (specially in Forever).

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #311
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Anybody remember this?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #312
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

*gets nostalgia bombed*

I remember seeing that ad so many times back in the day.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #313
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

''... to your toaster''

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #314
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Does anybody know why they didn't put out Poison Ivy Pop Tarts? I can't think of any reasons other than 1) they just didn't care enough to spend the money to manufacture them, 2) food items that say "poison" on the box probably don't sell very well, or 3) Pop Tarts couldn't (or didn't want to) use green icing or filling. I know I'm thinking way too much of this, but it just seems a tiny bit odd to me now that I realize this omission. Then again, Poison Ivy was downplayed by almost all the marketing compared to Mr. Freeze (me thinks this has everything to do with Arnold's star power).

Last edited by BruceWanner; 04-11-2012 at 02:01 AM.
BruceWanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #315
El Payaso
Banned User

B&R is selected in the Listverse site Nr 5 in the "Best of the Worst Films" list.

Here's the site's review:

Quote:
5 Batman and Robin

Premise: A criminal known as Mr. Freeze stages a number of robberies through Gotham City, while Poison Ivy, another dangerous villain, is gaining her own notoriety through use of her plant manipulating powers. Itís up to Batman, with the aid of his sidekick Robin, to stop these two fiends before they destroy the city and move on to their plans of dominating the world.

Whatís Bad: As a DC Comics fan, I couldnít possibly tell you everything wrong with this, but Iíll boil it down to a few problems. Itís campy, contrived, poorly acted, badly written and so outlandish that itís a surprise Batmanís reputation wasnít completely sullied by Schumacherís vision. Plus, there were nipples on the Batman suit. Is it really important to know where his nipples would be if he wasnít wearing that suit? I want an answer!

How That Becomes Gold: Apparently, the nipples have an audience. Batman and Robin became such a joke that, instead of cringing, people were laughing along with it. Many hardcore fans excuse the film by saying it was a literal interpretation of a Batman comic book, back in the Silver Age of comics (1950s-1970s) while others simply adore the cheesy one-liners.

Highlight: Definitely the ice puns. ďLetís kick some ice!Ē

LINK:
http://listverse.com/2010/07/14/10-b...e-worst-films/

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #316
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Nice review, I do have to say that the bat nipples is really minor and insignificant when you come down to it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #317
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:
Nice review, I do have to say that the bat nipples is really minor and insignificant when you come down to it.

and,it should be noted, were in Batman Forever first,something most critics of B & R overlook....

mikey1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #318
El Payaso
Banned User

Yes. But at this point a nipple reference is a must in any Schumacher bat-film comment/review.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #319
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

True but the main criticism with Schumacher bat-films can't be "OMG HOW CAN YOU PUT BAT NIPPLES ON THE SUIT!?", that's absurd.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #320
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
True but the main criticism with Schumacher bat-films can't be "OMG HOW CAN YOU PUT BAT NIPPLES ON THE SUIT!?", that's absurd.
No no no. He said that eh couldj't mention everyhting. Then he made a decent list and then "plus" a nipple comment.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #321
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

oh I know, I meant that towards the general critics/fans.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #322
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

it's not an excuse, B&R is really a faithful adaptation of the silver age Batman. It's like watching a modern take of the Adam West show.

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #323
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lťo Ho Tep View Post
it's not an excuse, B&R is really a faithful adaptation of the silver age Batman. It's like watching a modern take of the Adam West show.
Same here

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #324
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lťo Ho Tep View Post
Those are two different things, though. Those really outlandish, bafflingly ludicrous and inane Silver Age comics where the Batman Family grew too big and silly, and there was an incredible overdose of goofy sci-fi fantasy stories were the comics that lead to the kind of intentional campiness that you see in the TV show, and in the comics around the time of the V show. So we're talking about unintentional campiness and then intentional campiness. The weird thing is, Batman & Robin wants both. It's not wrong to say that B & R represents the tone of the Silver Age comics and of the TV show, but it's not a good representation of either, because it fails by wanting to have it all. In addition, B & R wants us to sympathize and empathize with its characters, except Poison Ivy and Bane. Mr. Freeze is largely a vessel for bad puns and bad Bond villain-esque plots, but we're also shown that we should care about him because he's doing all of this because his wife is dying. Bruce, Dick, and Barbara don't actually have real pathos or depth as people, but we must remember that Alfred is dying, and they're a true family. I don't know, I feel like B & R isn't even committed enough to a tone to be able to say that it's a faithful representation of the Silver Age or the '60s show.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Homer J. Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #325
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Fong View Post
Those are two different things, though. Those really outlandish, bafflingly ludicrous and inane Silver Age comics where the Batman Family grew too big and silly, and there was an incredible overdose of goofy sci-fi fantasy stories were the comics that lead to the kind of intentional campiness that you see in the TV show, and in the comics around the time of the V show. So we're talking about unintentional campiness and then intentional campiness. The weird thing is, Batman & Robin wants both. It's not wrong to say that B & R represents the tone of the Silver Age comics and of the TV show, but it's not a good representation of either, because it fails by wanting to have it all. In addition, B & R wants us to sympathize and empathize with its characters, except Poison Ivy and Bane. Mr. Freeze is largely a vessel for bad puns and bad Bond villain-esque plots, but we're also shown that we should care about him because he's doing all of this because his wife is dying. Bruce, Dick, and Barbara don't actually have real pathos or depth as people, but we must remember that Alfred is dying, and they're a true family. I don't know, I feel like B & R isn't even committed enough to a tone to be able to say that it's a faithful representation of the Silver Age or the '60s show.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote