Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #602
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
That was really cringe worthy scene....
You know what movie we're talking about, right?

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #603
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I don't get what was so bad about the Pod escape/Sky surf scene,Not being all that great I can understand but cringe worthy?..other scenes yeah I definetly agree but this was one of the very few good scenes besides the Bruce/Alfred scenes

Old 01-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #604
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I don't get what was so bad about the Pod escape/Sky surf scene,Not being all that great I can understand but cringe worthy?..other scenes yeah I definetly agree but this was one of the very few good scenes besides the Bruce/Alfred scenes
I thought the best scene in the entire movie was the one with "I'm mr White Christmas, I'm mr Snow!"

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #605
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

I don't know if its just me.....but I think Ahhnold could have been a great Freeze had he been written and played more like the Terminator

Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #606
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Not like Terminator but just serious and badass,something similar to Bane in TDKR then heah he could be been way better

Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #607
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I meant when Robin shouts "cowabunga"

Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #608
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I meant when Robin shouts "cowabunga"
He does?,wtf?,Lol I don't remember that

Old 01-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #609
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Oh yes, he does (Robin screaming Cowabunga).

And the only way Arnie could have been a better Mr. Freeze is that he were a better actor. Not in this life.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #610
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yep he did. It's a Schumacher film so..... what do you expect?

I prefer Ice to meet ya, cool party, chill everyone.... to that.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #611
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

[QUOTE=Senator Pleasury;27624359]Oh yes, he does (Robin screaming Cowabunga).

And the only way Arnie could have been a better Mr. Freeze is that he were a better actor. Not in this life.[/QUOTE]
I highly disagree, he has shown many times that he can actually act very well in certain films, go back and watch Stay Hungry his first film he won a Golden Globe for best up and coming actor.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #612
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post

And the only way Arnie could have been a better Mr. Freeze is that he were a better actor. Not in this life.
I highly disagree, he has shown many times that he can actually act very well in certain films, go back and watch Stay Hungry his first film he won a Golden Globe for best up and coming actor.
Hey, hey, however good he might be he can always be a better actor, can't he?

But no, in B&R he stunk beyond belief.

Last edited by Senator Pleasury; 01-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #613
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Maybe Arnold could do a commentary on the Batman and Robin DVD, like he has done with Conan, Total Recall and Terminator 3. It's on youtube, funny stuff.

Joel Schumacher: "It took 5 days to shoot the part where..."

Arnold (interrupts): "Hier iss a scene with me in tha stoopid Mistah Freeze costoom. I shoot Robin with tha freeze gun and he turns into ice! Haha I love it! Then Clooney tries tha stahp me, but I get away. He hits like a vegetarian!"

Last edited by Goshdarn Batman; 01-11-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #614
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4w4wGJjuYg

Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #615
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
Exactly my point.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #616
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I still think the performance was mostly due to writing and direction than acting skills,I truly believe he could have been much better and badass IF the film had been serious

Old 01-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #617
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSCBwczZ2gY

Old 01-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #618
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
I don't know if its just me.....but I think Ahhnold could have been a great Freeze had he been written and played more like the Terminator
I actually agree with this, people have blasted the guy as nothing more than a one line spouting morin but I think you look at roles like the Terminator or End of Days, he actually (with the right direction) can be a decent actor. I think a serious Mr Freeze role with him cast could be really interesting.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #619
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Maybe I'll see Batman and Robin on DVD this saturday, it's been a long time

As I said in the Batman 1989 thread, this was the first Batman movie I saw on the big screen. Back then I thought it was awesome... I didn't care about the jokes and stupid parts. This was Batman, that was all that mattered.

I also believe it was my first VHS movie, this and Batman The Animated Series: The Cat and the Claw. My brother and I watched the movie over and over again Even though it's a bad movie, I'm glad they made it. So many memories...

I remember that my best buddy and I played Batman, and neither one of us wanted to be Robin. We solved that problem by inventing a character called "Batman jr". I was Batman jr. And we stalked this older girl I had a crush on, we called her Poison Ivy. Now that I think of it, it was a bit creepy. Two nine year olds doing detective work just to stalk a girl. We found her home number and addresss and played outside her apartment. She asked us what we were doing, and I almost wet my pants. Poor girl! She knew my brother and told everything..

I also had the coloring books, some action figures and the comic book version of it. I read the comic first, so I knew what was going to happen in the movie. I didn't care about spoilers when I was a kid

I'll post my thoughts on the movie after I've seen it again. I can't remember everything about it.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #620
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Because you were demanding it...

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/736...p-batman-robin

Old 01-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #621
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

The gloves with spike gauntlets/belt clicking before the butt shot/Robin's domino mask and Batman's cowl and the gaffers are pretty cool shots.

Damn nipples and butt ruins it!

Old 01-18-2014, 03:42 AM   #622
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I remember not even realizing it was Arnold when I got my first glimpses of this movie. I saw the shot right before this above scene where the camera pushes in on Freeze's face and it looks freaky as hell.

Too bad.

Kane, have you made a GIF of Freeze yelling "You lie!!" at Ivy?

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #623
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Just watched Batman & Robin again after many years. And it was actually quite good... please don't kill me I'm serious... If you ignore the bat-butts, nipples, cartoonish sound effects and the bat card, it's a fun movie. What did I like about it? Well:

1. The frozen batsymbol. Very cool (cool, get it?).

2. Batman's first line in the movie. Superman exists in this Batworld (why didn't he show up and help Batman? Maybe he was at home, washing his tights?)

3. Batman's dramatic entrance. One of the first clips I saw from Batman 1989 was Batman jumping through the skylight, and I have loved it since. (You break it, you buy it? How hypocritical)

4. All the scenes with Alfred. Wow, that's emotional I like the parts where Bruce looks back on his childhood, Alfred standing with him at his parents grave, reading a bedtime story etc. It's only short glimpses, but they tell us all we need to know about the two men and their relationship . "I love you, old man"

5. That they included Julie Madison in this one. Finally, Bruce has a real girlfriend. From what I have read she was originally killed in this one, but Schumacher wanted her back in the fifth movie...

6. The scenes with Mr. Freeze and his wife. It's almost straight out of BTAS! And I like the fact that the villain helps Batman save Alfred.

7. George Clooney was a great Bruce Wayne. He looked very much like how Batman was drawn during the fifties. He also looked great in the batsuit. And I don't care if he acted the same when he was Batman, that's how he was portrayed in the classic comics. And what's wrong with a happier Batman? After all the darkness in the previous movies, this is a breath of fresh air. I hope we'll get a lighter Batman movie in the future, we need a little break from all the seriousness.

8. The action scenes were great, a step up from the previous movies. Batman is faster and more agile. The action is over the top, but I like that in a comic book movie. Batman crashes through skylight, slides on dinosaur, glides, fights henchmen, then they're on a rocket headed for space, then they fall down, the batmobile freezes in the air, Batman jumps out...they're everywhere! I miss that in Batman movies.

9. Batman and Robin's suits look fantastic. Ignore the butts and nipples... Clooney's first suit is as good as the previous one. And how cool is it that they used the Nightwing suit and stuck a cape on it? I think it fits in perfectly. By the end, Batman is treating Robin as an equal. He's not just a sidekick anymore. I don't know if that was the intention, but anyway... Poison Ivy's outfit also looked amazing and colorful. What a beautiful design!

10. The ending. It's early in the morning, and our heroes are waiting and hoping that Alfred will survive the night. I can relate to that, I know how it feels to spend hours waiting for someone to get well/survive or for the phone to ring. The colors in this scene works very well to illustrate the depression and sadness. The feeling of uncertainty... It's very quiet, even when Alfred shows up alive. I just think it's a great way to end the movie after all those action scenes. It's like the quiet after a storm.

11. The themes of family and trust, death and even redemption.

And that's why I like Batman & Robin. I think people have been to hard on this movie, myself included. I said to myself that I would never see this movie again...well, I'm glad I broke that promise. Now I remember why this was my favorite movie after Batman 1989 when I was a little boy.

(Puts on bulletproof jacket)

Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #624
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I think we're going to need a bigger cave!

Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #625
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I agree with you Goshdarn!..Get me a bulletproof vest too