The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Comics

Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #251
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Default Re: Official Polaris Thread

Lorna's also remained strangely absent during X-Men: First Class. That comic created a fun friendship between Jean & Wanda, but no Lorna. They knew Lorna in those days, right?

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #252
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Lorna's also remained strangely absent during X-Men: First Class. That comic created a fun friendship between Jean & Wanda, but no Lorna. They knew Lorna in those days, right?
I havent been reading First Class but Lorna joined the X-men towards the end of the Original X-men run. They were in their late teens, if not early 20s by the time they met Lorna. Havok joined soon after her first appearance and we first saw him graduating from college. First Class is supposed to be their teen years so she wouldnt necesarily be included there but it isnt canon so they can do what they want with her

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #253
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lorna was in Jean's nightmares in the last issue. This series could have taken place really at any time in the Silver Age as they never gave an exact date when events were occuring. Alex showed up in an issue of First Class and Lorna could have played a role on the series, but the writer decided that Jean and Wanda would be best friends instead.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2009 at 01:27 PM.
jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #254
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I really want Jean and Lorna on a team too. They've been practically sisters in law and they are supposed to be friends, but we didnt get quite enough of them together over the years. I was hoping for some of that in X-men Hidden Years but they kept they seperate from each other for the majority of that series
There is quite a few people she needs to spend time with when they return to Earth. She cetainly hasn't interacted enough with Jean in the past decade and I hope they both return to Earth this year and spend time together as it is 'the year of returns' according to the x-books editor Lowe.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #255
jmc247
Side-Kick

For those that want Polaris to finally get a Hasbro figure made they have a poll up on their web site. The top five characters in the poll will get their characters made.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/default...34CF11612E20F2

Old 03-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #256
jmc247
Side-Kick

Art for Exiles

Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #257
Havok83
Side-Kick

cool. I really like the art

Old 03-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #258
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Ive never even looked at Exiles but i may get this just cos Polaris looks bad ass.

insane polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #259
jmc247
Side-Kick

June solits

EXILES #3
Written by JEFF PARKER
Penciled by SALVADOR ESPIN & CASEY JONES
Cover by DAVE BULLOCK
Maybe a new untested team isn't what you want to throw against an island of united X-Men and Brotherhood mutants, all looking to protect Magneto. Then again, maybe it's the perfect solution! And maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay on this world longer, given what the NEXT one has waiting.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

FANTASTIC FORCE #3
Written by JOE AHEARNE
Penciled by STEVE KURTH
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
Alex Ultron is in pieces and Banner Jr. has been turned against his teammates. It's a bad time for the Fantastic Force to face three of the most powerful women in the universe: Dark Phoenix, the Scarlet Witch and Polaris! The Hysteries, wrenched from their timeline at their maximum moment of betrayal and insanity, have been summoned to destroy Nu-World and the Fantastic Force are the only super heroes on this brave new planet to stand in their way...if they can even stand!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

WAR OF KINGS #4 (of 6)
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by PAUL PELLETIER
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
Variant Cover by JAE LEE
The Shi’Ar/Inhuman war reaches its most savage level yet! Emperor Vulcan goes for the kill strike, but does he have more enemies on the field of battle...or at home? Meanwhile, Black Bolt discovers that the Inhumans are not quite the happy family he thought they were! It’s explosive action and universe-changing twists from the DnA/Pelletier War Of Kings team that IGN.com calls "a versatile dream for science fiction and fantasy fans...event comics done right!"
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Last edited by jmc247; 04-14-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #260
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
WHITE PAWN: HAVOK

Alex Summers and his fellow Starjammers have been waging a guerrilla war campaign against Vulcan ever since the “Uncanny X-Men” storyline “The Rise and Fall of the Shi’Ar Empire,” where the Earth mutant also known as Havok took control of the intergalactic empire. The fact that Vulcan is also Havok’s brother and that he murdered their father Corsair, the former leader of the Starjammers, makes Havok’s crusade against Vulcan quite personal.

“Black Bolt probably considers Havok a maverick, but a useful and well-informed one,” DnA told CBR News. “For Black Bolt, Havok is absolutely a pawn - a vital pawn - in this game. Karnak, with his huge insight, has undoubtedly advised Black Bolt on the best way to use or deploy Havok as a weapon and an advantage. And he’s probably explained the risks too.”

In “War of Kings” #2, readers saw Havok and his team working side by side with Inhuman forces on a joint operation, but it’s probable that in future operations against the Shi’Ar, the Starjammers will serve as Inhuman-backed insurgents. “Havok and the Starjammers represent the most viable and potential ‘back channel’ or ‘black ops’ way of--well, if not winning the war then at least putting Vulcan on the back foot,” DnA remarked. “Black Bolt may risk it, but only so far.”

WHITE PAWN: POLARIS

No doubt, Polaris one of the most powerful members of the Starjammers, but what the Inhuman Royal Family find most valuable about her is her familial connection to them. Polaris’s brother Quicksilver was once married to Crystal, and together they produced an offspring, Polaris’s niece Luna.

“We had fun playing with this lineage/dynastic/bloodline thing,” DnA said. “Lorna’s link to Crystal and Luna is the first reason the Inhumans take the ‘jammers seriously. She’s like a rogue princess, an exiled countess.”

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=20802
GotG #13 is out next week... we might see the Starjammers act as 'Inhuman backed insurgents' there.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-23-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #261
jmc247
Side-Kick

Remember Psionics? If you don't she is a woman who early last year I thought after reading her first appearence on Fantastic Four (where they didn't give her name) might be an alternate reality/alternate future version of Polaris, because of the similarities. I took a fair bit of flack for saying that over on CBR. According to the writer of Fantastic Force she is descended from Polaris.

Quote:
Growing up, I was inspired by team books like “Avengers” and “Fantastic Four” and “X-Men.” “Fantastic Force” combines elements of all three but with a spin. We have the “Avengers” angle of a group of disparate characters thrown together for a purpose, in our case to save the population of a dying planet, our own Earth of the future. We have the family relationships from “Fantastic Four“ – the Hooded Man is Banner Jr.’s stepfather and Lightwave is Psionics’ dad. And from “X-Men,” we have the genetic or mutant component: Banner Jr. is the son of the Hulk, Lightwave is descended from the Surfer, Psionics from Polaris, Natalie X from Jean Grey. So you’ve got a bunch of characters who are fresh but have echoes of the greats.

The Fantastic Force are the good guys. The main bad guy initially is Ted Castle, who created this synthetic planet for the elite of Earth to retire to when the environment collapses. He’s not pleased when his world is taken over by refugees from the future and he fights back with all the machinery at his disposal. As the story progresses, we discover that there’s an all-powerful supervillain remaining on the devastated future Earth they abandoned. This supervillain has recruited an old Hulk enemy, The Harpy, and we’ve also got Dark Phoenix, Polaris and the Scarlet Witch showing up in their evil incarnations – an all-new group called the Hysteries. So the Fantastic Force have plenty on their plate. The threats keep getting bigger through the series until by the end, it’s on a planet-shattering scale.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=20862

Last edited by jmc247; 06-26-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #262
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Polaris should start saying cool lines again like her ?daughter?

I remember when she was in Uncanny and she kinda acted over-confident saying things like "I'm so glad you thought to bring metal to this little party"

They should definitely have an AR child of Havok and Polaris, i wouldnt mind them appearing in 616 either.

insane polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #263
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
Remember Psionics? If you don't she is a woman who early last year I thought after reading her first appearence on Fantastic Four (where they didn't give her name) might be an alternate reality/alternate future version of Polaris, because of the similarities. I took a fair bit of flack for saying that over on CBR. According to the writer of Fantastic Force she is descended from Polaris and given the fact Polaris is going to be in the series the good money is on Psionics being her daughter. That would her the first AU child of Polaris ever shown in a comic.

Here is the character from Fantastic Four.

Johnny looks EXACTLY like Chris Evans there!

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #264
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane polaris View Post
Polaris should start saying cool lines again like her ?daughter?
We will see in the next issue of Fantastic Force. The good money is on that as AU Lorna will be in Fantastic Force #2 and #3. 616 Polaris has had cool lines, just usually not when Alex and her are together which is very very often. Too often she comes off as the girl behind Alex who doesn't talk much when they are together and 'in relationship' or when she does talk when around him she comes off as very reserved with what she says. Just look at Lorna's lines alone with Crystal... those have been some of her best lines in many years.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-29-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #265
jmc247
Side-Kick

Preview pages for Exiles #3.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...717&disp=table

I stopped buying Exiles years ago, but the new series really is kick ass and well worth it.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #266
jmc247
Side-Kick

Preview art for Exiles #4. This really is a great series.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-10-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #267
jmc247
Side-Kick

Well War of Kings is now over and DnA have successfully built up an on pannel relationship between Lorna and Crystal and Luna. They might have had an off pannel relationship in the past. But, there is no substitute for on pannel character interaction.

But, the space arc isn't over and Lorna will be showing up in RoK and according to solits Pietro as well. One can hope that they find time for at least a short meeting between Pietro and Lorna.They had a very short chat in 2004 which was simply Lorna informing them they were related. It would be the first time they have been on pannel together since 2006 and the first time they had a real talk since 2000.

Truth be told I miss Pietro and Lorna's interaction. It was snarky at times, but they certainly did care for each other.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #268
Havok83
Side-Kick

I never understood what the heck was up with her hair in that costume. Was it explained in the mini as I didnt read it

Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #269
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never understood what the heck was up with her hair in that costume. Was it explained in the mini as I didnt read it
No they didn't explain it in the mini. However, that isn't the only time her hair has done that.

There is only one explaination that does make sense. Lorna takes in electromagnetic energy from external sources like the Earth's EM field and then uses that energy or expel it just like Magneto. Lorna was constantly feeding Magneto on Genosha with energy from the Earth's EM field. I think back then she wasn't as skilled with controlling her powers so at times would leech out and energize her hair when she was using alot of power. After 2000 she has clearly learned to keep that from happening. But, before then it would happen.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #270
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

It's like she was constantly touching one of those orbs that makes your hair stand up with static electricity.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #271
Havok83
Side-Kick

It didnt even look like hair. Thing looked like some type of green mist

Old 09-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #272
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
It didnt even look like hair. Thing looked like some type of green mist
Yes, the only thing that makes sense is it was the excess energy she was giving off was energizing and altering the very structure and consistancy of her hair.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #273
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's like she was constantly touching one of those orbs that makes your hair stand up with static electricity.
To a certain extent, but it was a bit more then that as Havok83 said. It was changing the molecular consistancy of her hair as well.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #274
jmc247
Side-Kick

Realm of Kings: Inhumans #2

Quote:
REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD #2 (of 5)
Penciled by KEV WALKER
Cover by BRIAN HABERLAIN
Is Black Bolt alive? The Imperial Guard's mission into the bizarre and dangerous realm of the Fault begins! Their objective: to find any remaining evidence of the two missing kings! Patience and restraint are put to the test as the Guard is obliged to work alongside the pirate Starjammers they have spent so many years pursuing. Can they learn to get along...or will the Fault finish them before they get the chance?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS #2 (of 5)
Penciled by PABLO RAIMONDI
Cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
Guest starring the Mighty Avengers!
It's more courtly intrigue and crushing cosmic action as Attilan faces threats from within and without! The Alpha Primitives revolt! Devos the Destroyer attacks from the heavens! The Inhuman Royal Family struggles to maintain control, but can they maintain their authority if they don't even trust each other? And how will the arrival of Quicksilver and the Mighty Avengers upset the balance of power?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

http://comics.ign.com/articles/102/1026656p1.html
The X-Men in space are not space pirates. War of Kings was damaged in my mind as a series for me because they treated them like Starjammers instead of as an elite X-Men kill squad out to remove Vulcan as a threat... which was the whole reason for the name X-Jammers.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would much rather Lorna stay with the Inhumans. If she doesn't I really hope they depict her as more like the X-Force in space which they were in Emperor Vulcan instead of standard heroes/space pirates like they were in WoK. They are going to be tagging along with a group that as DnA said are a military unit of warriors and SF killers. I don't want to see them depicted as the foil to the Imperial Guard.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #275
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here is Lorna's only one sort of appearence in a First Class story.

I kind of feel that it was a bit of a dropped ball. Because, Jeff Parker is great at writing Lorna as Exiles proved and they could have written in a few scenes were Lorna and Wanda were friends in the Silver Age. Wanda is the one member of Lorna's family that Lorna has no on pannel relationship with pre or post revel, but that can be changed if a writer of one of the many first class ongoings and minis out there decides to change it.

It would help avoid the WTH factor that occured with many fans when Crystal and Lorna started acting in WoK like they knew each other for years. Even though its possible they had an off pannel friendship unless fans see it alot don't buy it.