The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Comics

Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #126
jmc247
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Polaris Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Lorna isnt as skilled as them. Thats the explanation that would make the most sense
The only time she was brainwashed post Genosha was by Apocalypse and she didn't have her powers then. We don't know if Magneto taught her any ways to block telepathy. That said she really doesn't have her powers now, just a machine mimicking them so we have no idea how much power as well as ability she has today. Yes, she has refered to her powers as more dangerous and unstable. That doesn't mean they are more or less powerful, just that they are harder to control.

We haven't seen her since she has had Apocalypse's machine mess with the metal in someones blood, put up a personal forcefield for herself, or any of the other tricks she learned on Genosha. So, we don't know what kind of tricks she can still do today. That said not being a mutant is a limiting factor for a character where mutant issues has been at the core of the character for almost two decades, so I am hoping she gets her X-gene back from something like the M'Krann.

jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #127
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
CIVIL WAR: HOUSE OF M #1 (of 5)
Written by CHRISTOS GAGE
Penciled by ANDREA DI VITO
Cover by MIKE PERKINS
The biggest House of M story is finally revealed: how did Magneto take over the world? He began life as a penniless refugee, but rose to conquer the entire planet...and now Christos Gage (Thunderbolts, House of M: Avengers) and Andrea Di Vito (Annihilation) show you how the Master of Magnetism did it! Witness Magneto's first battle with the Sentinels...the tragic end of his marriage...and his fight against Apocalypse for leadership of all mutants! The secret history of the
House of M unfolds here!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0806...-solicits.html
It looks like we will be getting some Polaris in the comics for her 40th anniversary.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-24-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #128
insane polaris
Side-Kick

I cant wait for Polaris in the New Animated Series.
I hope they bring her back from space soon,
at the moment it could go anyway, t
hey could all return
or some return
or none of them return.

Polaris should return and have an affair with Gambit...

insane polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #129
Havok83
Side-Kick

^^Id love for Lorna and Gambit to hook up. Thats something Ive wanted for a while. Both could benefit from someone new bc their relationships with Alex and Rogue are boring and stale at this point

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #130
jmc247
Side-Kick

More info on the five issue upcoming mini

Quote:
The title "Civil War: House of M" isn't just a clever combination of the titles of two of Marvel's biggest event comics, it's a literal description of what happens in the story. "It's a civil war in the sense that humanity and mutankind are at war," explained Gage.

As for the plot, it's the story of Magneto's rise to power. You'll see him meet and ally with Charles Xavier. You'll see Quicksilver and Polaris fight at his side (with Wanda in a non-combat role), initially not knowing they're his children. And you'll see what sacrifices have to be made for the dream to become reality."

For Magneto's dream to become reality, he'll also have to overcome a multitude of adversaries. "Well, needless to say, there are Sentinels galore," Gage confirmed. "In the first issue, Magneto finds himself battling Apocalypse for the right to chart the direction of the mutant resistance movement. And as he consolidates his power, the U.S. will send some of their top agents after him--including a former young ally of Captain America."

Given its sprawling scope, "Civil War: House of M" will feature large supporting cast. "The major supporting characters are Charles Xavier and the rest of the House of M-Quicksilver, Wanda, and Polaris," Gage revealed.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16891
This is great news.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-24-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #131
Mittelos

Hey jmc! Made it.

So how does everyone here feel about Polaris not being included on the cover for UXM #500 feauturing all the other prominent X-Women in X-history?

I'm personally not too bothered. It isn't of any significant importance for here to appear on that cover... which to be honest, isn't even that good.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #132
X_fan08
Shake Yo Moneymaka!!

I think she is a great character that was screwed over by writer after writer, arc after arc. But it is true about the cover though

Old 06-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #133
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_fan08 View Post
I think she is a great character that was screwed over by writer after writer, arc after arc. But it is true about the cover though
The problem is I can only name two writers off the top of my head that had the character in an ongoing for a year or more that considered the character an important part of the X-books and had developed a clear vision for the character.

Many writers and editors over the years haven't had a clear vision for the character; which is why she has spent so much time tortured, mind controlled, in limbo, or as the girl behind Havok. They simply did not know how she should be written, what her personality should be, or what to do with her.

If anything good comes out of the months and months Lorna will spend being tortured by the Shi'ar I am hoping it sharpens her personality, makes her angry, and gives her an edge that she didn't have in RAFOTSE and much of Milligan's run.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-25-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #134
X_fan08
Shake Yo Moneymaka!!

Agreed. I like her powers. I read somewhere the tech in her that gives her power is interacting with the mutant genes

Old 06-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #135
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_fan08 View Post
Agreed. I like her powers. I read somewhere the tech in her that gives her power is interacting with the mutant genes
As of right now no one has a clue about her powers. Is she simply getting her power from Apocalypse's machine? Is the machine artificially activating her x-gene? Did the machine somehow turn on her X-gene? There is no clue at the moment about the nature of her powers and everything is speculation.

I am just hoping they return her X-gene like they did Pietro or Xavier or say that it has been returned and be done with it. Not knowing the nature of a characters powers sucks. I do think Yost agreed with me there, but didn't have the time to answer those questions in a 5 issue mini, and was planning on making up for it with a kick ass Lorna unleashed in Emperor Vulcan, but that ending was nixed from above. I can't say I was happy about that, but I can only hope some good comes out of it.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #136
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittelos View Post
Hey jmc! Made it.

So how does everyone here feel about Polaris not being included on the cover for UXM #500 feauturing all the other prominent X-Women in X-history?

I'm personally not too bothered. It isn't of any significant importance for here to appear on that cover... which to be honest, isn't even that good.
Its good to see you here.

About the cover I am not too annoyed, Lorna is a far more important X-character then she is an important X-woman today and when mutantkind starts making its comeback she will be even more important to the X-books. If Lorna was just another X-woman she would play as important a role in the upcoming animated series as she did X-Men TAS and X-Men Evo. And, she certainly wouldn't be playing a major role in an upcoming five issue series regardless of the universe.

But, giving her connections outside the X-Men as well as inside the X-Men allows her to be an important part of the X-universe even though she is at best a C- or D squad X-woman right now. I do believe if it wasn't for M-Day and sending her off into space limbo she would be a much more important X-woman and X-character with a real direction, but these two things will be fixed in time.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-25-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #137
jmc247
Side-Kick

Marvel to announce next phase of Emperor Vulcan arc at Comic-Con

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstor...dot~~dot~~dot~

Old 07-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #138
Havok83
Side-Kick

I hope they finally plan on ending it

Old 07-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #139
jmc247
Side-Kick

In the cover of Civil War House of M #2 Lorna appears in her Shi'ar uniform. I guess it is a way to show a link between Lorna and the Shi'ar as the Shi'ar plotline Lorna is in is going to get going again likely this fall/winter. It also allows the writers to use the name Polaris for her as she first created that name for herself thinking she was a Shi'ar warrior.

Quote:
The mutant army grows with the additions of Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Polaris...and Charles Xavier?! Together, this amazingly powerful team sets their sights on the liberation of Genosha. But Magneto and Xavier have very different philosophies on human/mutant relations. Will they become enemies, as they did in our world...or will their alliance make them unstoppable?

Last edited by jmc247; 07-21-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #140
X_fan08
Shake Yo Moneymaka!!

I Think She Has Potential To Be A Better Character And More Important

Old 07-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #141
moonstar
Side-Kick

Polaris + Gambit=I like it. why not?
...Alorna is so old and boring.....

Gambit seems to like damsels in distress so it should be a perfect fit-
The fun part will be seeing how this will piss her friend Rogue off even tho she dumped Remy. The other option to me I 'd like to see her on a harder edged team where she can really let loose and see what she's got going on powers and personality wise to work it out.

It'd be great to see her get trained in more hands on fighting by someone like Wolvie. I could also see her having chemistry romantically with Archangel or Warpath . She's been thru some stuff I'm sure she's got a lot of anger...I hate to say it but maybe something dramatically worse can happen to lorna (not mentally) but some realization which would make her suck it up instead of reacting so emotionally to start to externalize all the stuff she went thru instead of crying to others or having a mental breakdown..take some action give her a revenge motive
..maybe she's finally tired of being a victim and wants to stop the mutant killing before it starts X-force might work for her if she can get down & dirty...mayb if she thinks Alex is dead?

As for the costume Rogue's old green & black that Lorna's got on in the animated series looks good or anything purple/ black. Not that I want her confused with Viper but she could copy the dark green leather and the sleeker style viper has going on....no red .please she's not a christmas decoration-she have something on where she could be taken seriously

If Zaladane is her sister/Anya it'd be great to see her in the sisterhood of evil mutants sounds like lady masterminds sis Goddess otr whatever her name's in there too. Hope spiral's on the team too.

As for Chris yost' quote:And I wouldn't worry too much about your favorite character. And hey, its a Summers brother, the daughter of Magneto, and the Phoenix. I think they'll be okay. -we all see how that turned out it sucked..for right now I don't care if Havok or Ray come back anytime soon-they can work on getting jean out of there just bring back Lorna...

Last edited by moonstar; 07-27-2008 at 10:59 AM.
moonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #142
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstar View Post
Polaris + Gambit=I like it. why not?
i made this.... its not very good but we can imagine!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #143
moonstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane polaris View Post
i made this.... its not very good but we can imagine!
Nice work just remember even when Rogue's mind was a mess with all those personalities she was always hot...Let's hope Lorna's on her game...

moonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #144
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel editor Nick Lowe said at Marvel's Secret Invasion panel that Chris Yost will be writing something with Vulcan that will lead up to the event and will include Havok, Polaris and Marvel Girl.

Rosemann told Newsarama of the event, which is set to begin in early 2009. "Vulcan vs. Black Bolt? The Shi’Ar vs. the Inhumans? That’d be a pretty good fight, wouldn’t it?"

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080727-WarofKings.html
So what we can expect is another mini with the Starjammers perhaps starting in November and ending in early 2009. Then we will have the "War of Kings" series starting in early 2009 which will be probably 6-8 issues. Then hopefully the Starjammers will return home by early 2010.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-28-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #145
jmc247
Side-Kick

Duplicate thread

Last edited by jmc247; 08-19-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #146
insane polaris
Side-Kick

I bet they still dont put them in a team when they get back...
Theyll rest for a while in limbo.

At the minute, i dont know whered they fit them in.

its gonna be good though... cos Havok, Polaris and Marvel girl dont know bout the move to SF. so id like to see their reaction

Old 08-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #147
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
I bet they still dont put them in a team when they get back...
Theyll rest for a while in limbo.

At the minute, i dont know whered they fit them in.

its gonna be good though... cos Havok, Polaris and Marvel girl dont know bout the move to SF. so id like to see their reaction
No one knows what the team books will look like a year from now.

Think about it, War of Kings is supposed to start early next year, probably in February or March. It will likely last 6-8 issues meaning if they do return home after War of Kings it won't be until late next year.

The question I am wondering is if Magneto will show up in War of Kings. Given he is after something that will 'save mutantdom' and the only thing so far that has proven to be able to return a mutants X-gene (Xavier) is the M'Krann crystal.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #148
Havok83
Side-Kick

If they were to come back today, Id rather see them be written by Carey in a new X-men team and end the Legacy aspect of his book. Actually Id put Havok in UXM bc I would like to see him on a team with Cyclops for once. That hasnt been done since before Giant Size X-men

Last edited by Havok83; 08-22-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #149
insane polaris
Side-Kick

They're very similar now. Build wise and now that Cyclops is getting more bad boy.

When you look back at early Havok, he used to be so skinny but hes bulked up now.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #150
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
When you look back at early Havok, he used to be so skinny but hes bulked up now.
well he was a teenager. He's a full grown man now, so Id expect that