The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man World

Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #276
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Default Re: LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
All of you fanboys need to stop complaining. The show is not meant for you guys. It's meant for children and teens. Marvel is trying to expand their fan base. Marvel makes the comics for the fanboys and the movies and cartoons for non readers. I think Marvel is smart. They know that they can't depend on their normal fans to take them into the future. They know that they need to attract children and teens to their titles. After watching the show my 11 year old sister WHO DOESN'T READ COMICS wanted to pick up an Iron Man comic. I took her to pick up the recent issue of Invincible Iron Man. She said it wasn't like the show. But still good. So Iron Man Armor Adventures is working just how Marvel planned.
Do you work for the network or something? Only they would defend this garbage.

Meant for children? they could've done a show without pissing all over Stan Lee's creation.

Yeah, you're right this show isn't for us, that's exactly the reason I'm going to be on this thread trashing and sh***ing on it every chance I get.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #277
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

I'm a fanboy and I've been a big supporter of the show. I've been collecting the title religiously since I was 9 yrs old, over 27 yrs now. Is this show true to Iron Man, no, but I went in with an open mind and now am a fan of the series, the villains are fantastic, and it is away to get new, younger fans to the character and hope they accept the more mature title and movie's.
After being a fan of a character that has been in the shadows of lesser hero's imo, it's very nice to see Iron Man getting new fans and respect but comic fans and non-comic fans alike.
It's not perfect, but I am just thrilled to finally see Iron Man on tv and being embraced by the general public, :stark .

Quote:
All of you fanboys need to stop complaining. The show is not meant for you guys. It's meant for children and teens. Marvel is trying to expand their fan base. Marvel makes the comics for the fanboys and the movies and cartoons for non readers. I think Marvel is smart. They know that they can't depend on their normal fans to take them into the future. They know that they need to attract children and teens to their titles. After watching the show my 11 year old sister WHO DOESN'T READ COMICS wanted to pick up an Iron Man comic. I took her to pick up the recent issue of Invincible Iron Man. She said it wasn't like the show. But still good. So Iron Man Armor Adventures is working just how Marvel planned.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #278
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Do you work for the network or something? Only they would defend this garbage.

Meant for children? they could've done a show without pissing all over Stan Lee's creation.

Yeah, you're right this show isn't for us, that's exactly the reason I'm going to be on this thread trashing and sh***ing on it every chance I get.
Classy.

Please tell me you have more to do with your life than bashing a TV show you don't even bother to try.

Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 05-12-2009 at 09:31 PM.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #279
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
Classy.

Please tell me you have more to do with your life than bashing a TV show you don't even bother to try.
Worry about what you do on your spare time, don't worry about what the hell I do. OK?

Iron Man will return
Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #280
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I like the show and besides with SSM seemingly ka-put what else is there to watch cartoon wise (apart from TBATB)?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #281
topnotch
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Quote:
Worry about what you do on your spare time, don't worry about what the hell I do. OK?
Why are you so angry?

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #282
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Why are you so angry?
Angry? I'll show you angry!!

j/k

I'm not angry. I just HATE this P.O.S. show and the bastardization they did to Iron Man and all its mythos.

Iron Man will return
Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #283
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
I like how they are revamping the villains in this show. They actually made the Mandarin a legit badass, and not some idiot with a skin disorder, like in the 90's series. Blizzard was also given a cool armor and a revenge theme, and not the Mandarin's worthless lackey and Crimson Dynamo was now rewritted as a sympathetic villain (I'll forgive the lack of crimson in his armor), instead of an actually cool villain who got killed off fast.

As lame as Teen Tony is, at least this series is doing a great job with the villains. And the theme song is nice too.
I agree with everything you said.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #284
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Angry? I'll show you angry!!

j/k

I'm not angry. I just HATE this P.O.S. show and the bastardization they did to Iron Man and all its mythos.
All they did was make him a teen so the kids could enjoy it more. Hardly a bastardization.
When he is older he will become a drunk womaniser so chill.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #285
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
All they did was make him a teen so the kids could enjoy it more. Hardly a bastardization.
I like how people who know little to nothing about Tony Stark try to use the drunk womanizer excuse to defend this show.

I guess they should've made Wolverine into a teenager also since he's an assassin and a murderer when he's an adult?

Iron Man will return
Old 05-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #286
Goopman25

If u r over 29 forget about it. Like in Logan's Run: It's time for renewal LOL.
Seriously the CGI is cool, and I hear ya. They should do a kid show, and hook up a mature version sticking close to the books on Cartoon Network, and
not stuck late night with the anime, but who r we to ask for some good stuff?!

Goopman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #287
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like how people who know little to nothing about Tony Stark try to use the drunk womanizer excuse to defend this show.
While I like this show a lot and will defend it on it's own merits as a an alternate stand alone version of Iron Man, I have to agree with you that those fans (as well as the creators behind this show) who always site Tony as being a "drunk" and "womanizer" as reasons to make this version of Tony a teenager, don't know what the heck they are talking about and are pretty darn ignorant when it comes to making material for kids/all ages.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #288
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Another good episode.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #289
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

I liked Whiplash a lot, his design and whips were nicely done.

"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
DOG LIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #290
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Yeah, Whiplash and Mr. Fix were good enemies. Good episode, but I hope the rest of the series isn't as melodramatic.

Anyways, first looks at MODOK/MODOC and The Ghost:

http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?...ullnews&id=274

All hail MODOK!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #291
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

I managed to catch the Whiplash and Blizzard episodes the other day. Yikes.

The redesigns and retellings, particular to the villains, are pretty good, but I absolutely cannot stand Tony. Also, I don't think I've ever wanted an animated character to suffer an untimely and painful demise as much as Pepper. Sheesh. I go back and forth on the animation and art style (a little reminiscent of the MTV Spider-Man show, which I liked), but the high school crap sticks in my craw to no end.

I love Spectacular Spider-Man and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, so the tone, setting, and/or alternate take isn't really a problem. Even situating Wolverine as the "leader" of the X-Men in that new series doesn't particularly bother me. I just don't like the overall execution here. It's not Tony/Iron Man to me and it has nothing to do with the lack of alcoholism or promiscuity (which is such a transparently pathetic way to try to slight someone's disdain for this vehicle, that it's not even funny). The 90's series, beyond that awful first season, told decent stories in a mature fashion without relying on either premise.

A number of recent offerings of these shows are skewed toward a younger demographic. That's not really a problem, in itself. Here, it seems more of an effort to try to do something that the character just doesn't lend himself to for the sake of having a show.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #292
Eric Brooks
Banned User

yea, the whole teenage stark aspect turned me off from it

might catch it when it's released on dvd, but now, not going to waste my time

Eric Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #293
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle

Quote:
Exactly. I don't see the problem.

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #294
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:

I guess they should've made Wolverine into a teenager also since he's an assassin and a murderer when he's an adult?
How can you judge my knowledge of Tony Stark? You don't even know me.

I know plenty about Stark and Iron Man and it's not an 'excuse'.
Are you saying him being a drunk womanizer aren't parts of his elder characteristics? Thats not the kinda thing kids are into anyway.

You are just throwing your toys out of the pushchair because this show doesn't fit your 'view' of what Stark can or can't be. No matter how good something is it is people like you who will always find some excuse to moan.

You do realise your comparison of Wolverine is ridiculous because that wouldn't work how Iron Man does.

Thanks Sam Fisher it's good to see you agree that their isn't a problem with this version!

Last edited by RaZaTrOn; 05-18-2009 at 01:20 PM.
RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #295
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
How can you judge my knowledge of Tony Stark? You don't even know me.
When someone is making that lame ass excuse about Tony being an alcoholic to defend this show is showing you have lack of knowledge about him.

What, you saw him drinking in the movie and now you're an expert on the comic? You do know he hasn't been drinking in the comics for more than 25 years and the 90s cartoon, he never touched a drink and wasn't a womanizer.

Quote:
I know plenty about Stark and Iron Man and it's not an 'excuse'.
Are you saying him being a drunk womanizer aren't parts of his elder characteristics? Thats not the kinda thing kids are into anyway.
No, the idiot writers thought the drunk womanizer was part of his elder characteristics and thus made him into a teenager.

Quote:
You are just throwing your toys out of the pushchair because this show doesn't fit your 'view' of what Stark can or can't be. No matter how good something is it is people like you who will always find some excuse to moan.
Of course I'm going to moan, didn't people moan about Halle Berry's Catwoman or Elektra? This is just as bad. No, it's worse.

Quote:
You do realise your comparison of Wolverine is ridiculous because that wouldn't work how Iron Man does.
How is it ridiculous? In the comics Wolverine does far worse things than Tony. He's a murderer, an assassin, a drinker, and a womanizer with children out of wedlock. (out of all those Tony is only a womanizer)

Yet they didn't make him into a teenager to "make him fit for the younger audience."

Quote:
Thanks Sam Fisher it's good to see you agree that their isn't a problem with this version!
Like I said, no real Iron Man fan would say there isn't a problem with this abomination of a show.

Iron Man will return
Old 05-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #296
hpwiz89
XD

Where does show air or is it only found online?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #297
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpwiz89 View Post
Where does show air or is it only found online?
It airs Friday nights (today!) on NickToons, Sunday mornings on TeleToon or just look for the episodes on YouTube.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #298
powerbomb1411
Side-Kick

Much to my surprise. I've really enjoyed this cartoon. It's different, but as the time goes by, I find myself liking it even more.

powerbomb1411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #299
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

We got some good episodes from yesterday.

"Iron Man vs. the Crimson Dynamo" I'm glad we got a sympathetic villain this time. With the exception of the Mandarin, everyone else was one-note so far. And the armor was tough. Tony will be screwed if its controlled by another, more evil-minded pilot. One nitpick, though, was the lack of crimson in...Crimson Dynamo.

"Meltdown" Also glad they actually adressed the fact that Tony does not NEED to go to school. Also, the whole Tony Stark/Peter Parker comparisons can stop here: Tony thought he killed Living Laser, and didn't care. Cold, but it goes a bit more with his comic persona.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #300
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

Yeah, the all white Crimson Dynamo was kind of odd, but his story and characterization were great. It was sad, and it made the character that much better. Haven't watched Meltdown just yet, but I will later tonight.

"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
DOG LIPS is offline   Reply With Quote