The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 03-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
Conebone69
The Legend Ends

Default New SpongeBob Episodes Suck!

Ok so I use to watch spongebob a couple years back. I thought it was a pretty good show. It wasnt too childish and it had this kind of humor that made me laugh. But now every spongebob episode since around the time when the spongebob movie came out has sucked!!! Does anyone else agree?

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 2012
Conebone69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Cool Re: New SpongeBob Episodes Suck!

Every episode of Spongebob sucks.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
lollycop
Banned User

Default Re: New SpongeBob Episodes Suck!

Spongebob rocks.

lollycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Earthbound86

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. They used to be cleverly written and completely amusing but now they are written terribly and even produced less-well.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
javon
Side-Kick

^100% agree. I barely even watch it anymore.

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
LMAO! Agreed.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
there you have it

Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
arachnid-guy
Banned User

What are the new ones like? How are they worse?

arachnid-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #9
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I agree. Like every hit comedy or sitcom, over the years, it looses its steam. But the kids don't seem to notice. Since Nickelodeon has gone to hell.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:02 AM   #10
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I think the pinnacle of Sponge Bob was the movie. It couldn't get much better after that.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #11
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

I don't think I've watched a Spongebob episode since the movie came out. Thanks to Doug, Hey Arnold, and Recess, I kinda assume that cartoons get cancelled after their movies get made.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
SouLeSS
Banned User

Every episode of Sponge Bob I've ever tried to watch in my entire life has led me to throw the remote at the tv and get up and leave. This includes being a little stoned, stoned out of my mind, tripping balls, drunk, buzzing, and just about anything else you can think of that makes people go "oh, well if your XXXXX then it's funny, but since you're not, it's not". No, it isn't Ever.

It's absolutely horrible. Anyone who's over the age of 6 that watches it is a complete and total idiot, and should never, ever, under any circumstances breed. If it was your responsibility to repopulate the world, I'd much rather you not, and just let our race die out than to be repopulated by such morons.

SouLeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #13
imaperson2
Bombastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouLeSS View Post
Every episode of Sponge Bob I've ever tried to watch in my entire life has led me to throw the remote at the tv and get up and leave. This includes being a little stoned, stoned out of my mind, tripping balls, drunk, buzzing, and just about anything else you can think of that makes people go "oh, well if your XXXXX then it's funny, but since you're not, it's not". No, it isn't Ever.

It's absolutely horrible. Anyone who's over the age of 6 that watches it is a complete and total idiot, and should never, ever, under any circumstances breed. If it was your responsibility to repopulate the world, I'd much rather you not, and just let our race die out than to be repopulated by such morons.
watch the "bad word" one, then talk.

imaperson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Hell, I just won't breed. I loved watching Spongebob with my little sister everytime I visited.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #15
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle

Spongebob has always sucked.

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouLeSS View Post

Jesus, so are you saying I don't deserve to breed when I first watched this show when I was 7?

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #17
SouLeSS
Banned User

That's exactly what I'm saying.

SouLeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #18
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

The voice for Spongebob is different...I know its the same actor but they gave it a bubbly more innocent tone after the release of the movie...and it just comes off condescending rather than that of the wit in the old wry perplexity of the golden years of Spongebob.
The slapstick is now too forced and the writing...thats what it really comes down to...is just awful now. I used to loathe the show...then I actually found myself laughing at it...loved the movie...and now...the show is just garbage...to adults atleast...it lost some of the appeal...the same that I found when I used to watch Ren and Stimpy.

Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

edit.

Last edited by Fanticon; 09-22-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: double post.
Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #20
DanDan26
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanticon View Post
The voice for Spongebob is different...I know its the same actor but they gave it a bubbly more innocent tone after the release of the movie...and it just comes off condescending rather than that of the wit in the old wry perplexity of the golden years of Spongebob.
The slapstick is now too forced and the writing...thats what it really comes down to...is just awful now. I used to loathe the show...then I actually found myself laughing at it...loved the movie...and now...the show is just garbage...to adults atleast...it lost some of the appeal...the same that I found when I used to watch Ren and Stimpy.
That and also the personalities have changed. Spongebob was originally a young bachelor who had some problems and was really funny in a classic way. Now the depict him as a 6 year old who crys everyday and all of his funniness is more aimed to 4 year olds because none of the jokes are funny. Patrick used to be a great classy kind of guy full of great comedy. He would try to lead Spongebob into what he thought was the right way such as when Spongebob was trying to act more like an adult. Now he is an idiot, disgusting, crybaby who loves to stalk Squidward. Other slight things have changed. Such as the story of the Krusty Krab. Originally the story was that it was a retirement home that was turned into a restaurant. In a post-Hillinberg Spongebob, different stories have arisen such as the Krusty Krab being a family buisiness, or it being around before Mr.Krabs was born. Another subtile thing that no one else has noticed is when Patrick is rambling about what people will think about his "ugliness" in the sundae episode he says " What will my sister think?! Oh wait, I don't have a sister..". Then one day years after that episode airs there is an episode centered around Patrick's sister?! See what I mean? After the movie ( which was suppost to be the series finale) all the original writers and producers left and Nickelodean hired low-lifes to write and produce all the new episodes. They had no idea what each characters' backstory and personality was so they made new back stories and personalities from their idea of them. Thus killing the series and destroying Nickelodeans' reputation. I am only 12 and I've known all this time why a lot of people now hate Spongebob. Because it's literally not the same Spongebob.

DanDan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Quote:
Can't say I agree it was a pretty well written show,That was hilarious.I haven't seen any of the new ones,but Spongebob is a fantastic cartoon imo.That's just as good than the some of the classic Nicktoons.