The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man

Old 04-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Shouldnt we start getting reviews about now?

Normally we start getting reviews about now for this type of movie, even if its just one or two, the only time this hasnt happened has been when the studio's behind certain CB movies have held the movie back from the press because they obviously feared their reaction to it. I hope this isnt what Marvel is doing with IM.

Has anyone seen any reviews yet?

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
vich
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shouldnt we start getting reviews about now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Normally we start getting reviews about now for this type of movie, even if its just one or two, the only time this hasnt happened has been when the studio's behind certain CB movies have held the movie back from the press because they obviously feared their reaction to it. I hope this isnt what Marvel is doing with IM.

It's WAY too early for the "held back from the Press" argument. That's reserved for the week of release. The press screenings for this probably won't start for another week or two AFAIK.

Vic

vich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Rocker22
Side-Kick

Not to far away though.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^No so we should start getting reviews around the 15th/16th i'd say. Not too long to wait. I hope it gets good reviews, as that can only help the movie make more money IMO.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

Wait at least another couple of weeks, the first reviews for the Spider-Man movies, Batman Begins, etc, usually start popping up then.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
ultimatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

^Yup, I agree. Wait untill Tax Day or so.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

I would imagine, they are preparing to test screen this to audiances to get their feedback, before showing it to critics, I'm just guessing though.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #8
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Can't believe the movie is only a month away.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #9
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan72 View Post
I would imagine, they are preparing to test screen this to audiances to get their feedback, before showing it to critics, I'm just guessing though.
Well thats what i meant, we usually get a few reviews around now from people who have been to test screenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Can't believe the movie is only a month away.
I know, its gone so fast, i cant wait!

Old 04-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #10
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Well thats what i meant, we usually get a few reviews around now from people who have been to test screenings.

I know, its gone so fast, i cant wait!
Relax, it's still a month away, most movies don't have reviews popping up until the week it's supposed to be released. There's a decent chance they might still be working on it putting the finishing touches on sound, editing, effects. Also, be glad they aren't test screening the movie, that would only show the studio is a little worried and want a bunch of mindless morons to tell them how the movie should be.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

As far as I know(and correct me if I am wrong), studios need to have the film finished by about 2 weeks prior to release in order to give them enough time to make all the prints and ship them to the theaters in time for release. That being the case, they have at most 2 more weeks to put the finishing touches on the film. However it is by around tax day is how it's always going to be in theatrical release. Post production should be complete by around April 15th.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I am surprised nobodys seen it yet, but Im sure theyll be out soon. If there arent any until the final week though, its bad.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #13
vich
Side-Kick

The press junket for the film isn't until one week before the release date.

Vic

vich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #14
TNC9852002
Banned User

I wouldn't get worried for another two weeks or so.

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
DBZ2cool
Banned User

Frankly speaking this looks more like a fanboys movie and not critics movie.

I mean geeks will eat this up and rave about it just like they did for transformers but critically I expect it to get same level of reviews as transformers like 50-60%. Maximum I see it getting is 70%.

I for one don't care about reviews. I know movies that have got horrible reviews but i liked them a lot.

DBZ2cool is offline   Reply With Quote