The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #51
Malice
BMFH

Default Re: Tax Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I mean, this thread reeked of a "Lets show why Obama sucks" thread from the first post. You're probably as bias as Lazur is at this point.

Also, this probably didn't need it's own thread in the first place.
I am tired of your comments...go somewhere else...
I listed my thoughts on tax policy.
If you dont like it, go elsewhere.

I sure am biased...but I try every day to post in an unbiased way...

Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #52
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

You're not trying hard enough IMO. A thread like this should have been started by an unbias poster, in an unbias way. You failed to do so.

And you telling me to go away, what does that prove? I'm not being disrespectful in the slightest, just providing my opinion on what you posted and why it could of have been handled better. The whole point of a messageboard from what I recall. I've violated no forum rule. If anything, you should know that the ignore function is still available.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #53
Malice
BMFH

whatever....go on your happy way...want me to delete this thread...you start one...then I copy my text back here...
Will that satisfy you?

Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #54
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

No Malice, it won't. That's not my point at all. I will leave your mighty thread now. I've said everything I felt needed to be said.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #55
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Quote:
I mean, this thread reeked of a "Lets show why Obama sucks" thread from the first post. You're probably as bias as Lazur is at this point.

Also, this probably didn't need it's own thread in the first place.
He can't be biased? Is he a reporter or Jounalist that has to be unbiased?

Huh, I didn't know...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909

"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #56
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBeyond View Post
He can't be biased? Is he a reporter or Jounalist that has to be unbiased?

Huh, I didn't know...
If I hated the Fairtax and thought it was retarded and started a thread where I supposedly compare the pros and cons of the Fairtax and just make it about "The Fairtax is retarded" is that a fair way to start a thread? Think about it for a second. Hit me with a PM so I don't further derail this thread.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #57
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Of the Two, of course McCain has the Better Tax Policy. I liked what Thompson said during his speach:

Quote:
Now, our opponents tell us not to worry about their tax increases. They tell you they’re not going to tax your family. No, they’re just going to tax businesses. So unless you buy something from a business, like groceries or clothes or gasoline, or unless you get a paycheck from a business, a big business or a small business, don’t worry, it’s not going to affect you.
That is true, you can't increase taxes on Industry, with out affecting it negatively.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #58
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Quote:
If I hated the Fairtax and thought it was retarded and started a thread where I supposedly compare the pros and cons of the Fairtax and just make it about "The Fairtax is retarded" is that a fair way to start a thread? Think about it for a second. Hit me with a PM so I don't further derail this thread.
Darth, he posted Obama's and McCains's Tax Policy with his Commentary. He is allowed to have an opinion, and you are allowed to have yours. If you want to start a Thread about something, go ahead, but if it "starts a riot" or is defamatory, you know what could happen. Malice never said that Obama's Tax Plan is "Retarded".

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the PM request.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #59
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Default The Gohmert Plan: Suspend Taxes to Save Economy

I promised a few of you that I would try to keep an eye out for this plan. Here is what I have:

1. Congressman Louie Gohmert has a plan to use the remaining $350 Billion from the $700 Billion Bailout as a Tax Holiday. He want to suspend All Taxes collected from Withdrawals from your paycheck for 2 months. This is an average of $2000 per Taxpayer.

2. This would allow the Tax Payers to individually help save the economy by the Consumer picking the Winners and Losers in Business, instead of having the Government decide to pick the winners and losers.

I will be posting everything I can find about this plan. Discuss.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #60
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Default Re: The Gohmert Plan: Suspend Taxes to Save Economy

GOHMERT SEEKS TO STIMULATE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY THROUGH CREDIT TO TAXPAYERS

Press Release : FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 21, 2008

Laura Mszar, Jonna Fitzgerald

Gohmert Seeks to Stimulate Automotive Industry through
Credit to Taxpayers

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After several Big Three automaker executives flew to Washington, D.C. on private jets this week in search of a share of the $700 billion bailout, Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) introduced an alternative solution to stimulating the automotive industry without giving the mismanaged companies a massive bailout. Instead, Gohmert said he wants the American taxpayers to decide who they want to assist.

The Congressman has introduced the Consumer and Automotive Recovery (CAR) Act of 2008, which would provide a $1,500 tax credit to those with incomes less than $250,000 a year if they buy a new car that is substantially manufactured in the United States. It is important to note that the bill uses President-elect Obama’s very own proposal of a tax credit for everyone who earns less than $250,000. The car would have to be purchased within 6 months of the bill’s passage to qualify for the credit. This will give a significant boost to the auto industry, while preserving freedom of democratic principles and providing a tax credit during this very important season.

Gohmert stated, “Nationalizing a significant part of our auto industry into federal government ownership is not the answer. Too many are becoming addicted to the government’s money “fixes”. As with any addict you really care about, you have to cut off their addiction and give them an incentive and reason to get off it. We must encourage free market selections by individuals, instead of having the government pick and choose winners and losers. This way, we can stimulate the economy while keeping our strong democratic principles intact.”

Gohmert’s CAR Act has already garnered support from other Congressmen, including Reps. Ron Paul (TX-14), Doug Lamborn (CO-05), and Harold Rogers (KY-05).

# # #

Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #61
SuBe
Voluntaryist

ECONOMIC FIX: NO 2008 INCOME TAX, SAYS US CONGRESSMAN

November 26, 2008

Laura Mszar and Jonna Fitzgerald

ECONOMIC FIX: NO 2008 INCOME TAX, says US Congressman

WASHINGTON, D.C. - On seeing that the Administration is in the process of obligating up to $7.7 trillion between Sec. Paulson and Chairman Bernanke's bailout promises, a U.S. Congressman was shocked. Compare that with the $1.2 trillion that the U.S. Treasury is estimated to receive for the 2008 tax year. That is what one Congressman did and the cheaper, better road to recovery was clear.

"Secretary Paulson continues his unfettered spending spree and is driving our country further from the core capitalist principles on which it was founded. His and the Fed’s bailouts in the past few months have set a dangerous and unmistakable precedent to nationalize or socialize banking, insurance, and investment firms; and now car companies and other industries, states and cities are also lined up with hands out. I am proposing that we end the giveaway power of Sec. Paulson and the Fed immediately and declare that taxpayers will pay no 2008 income taxes. We should then return all amounts individuals have already paid this year," said the concerned Texas Congressman.

"Can you get your head around the idea of each taxpayer receiving back in the next few months every dime they have paid in income taxes for 2008? Can you imagine the incredible surge in the economy - the cars that will be bought, the houses bought and built, the mortgages paid up, the credit cards paid off, and Christmas presents bought? There are great values on some stocks that could then be grabbed by middle class people who otherwise can not take advantage of the deals in the market. The stimulative effects of having to pay NO federal income tax this year would also provide a tax boon to states and cities that desperately need money to repair and build infrastructure and are already seeking bailouts of their own. The federal government has no business picking winners and losers. Let’s let hardworking American taxpayers make that decision."

Rep. Louie Gohmert continued, "Not only would this be a fantastically powerful economic stimulus, it would save trillions of dollars that we simply don't have. You do the math. There are many in and out of Washington who are comfortable with the subliminal message that we are ignorant, helpless minions who need an all-knowing, omniscient Treasury Secretary and Fed Chair to spend all our money for which our grandchildren will one day pay. It doesn't have to be that way! The Treasury Secretary continues to reverse course on what our economy needs to rebound, and the market continues to suffer."

Congressman Gohmert was also upset to hear disconcerting reports that some of the banks receiving bailout money will not use it to make more loans or shore up "troubled assets." Instead the bailout money will be used to buy their smaller competition, basically using tax dollars to monopolize banking which will also provide fewer sources of credit and loans. This is why direct government intervention on such a massive scale cannot and will not work. Gohmert proposes allowing the people earning the money, the taxpayers, to decide who gets bailed out by buying the products and utilizing the companies that are best meeting their needs. The market will then be able to correct itself and actually work again.

"My idea may sound unconventional, but it is trillions of dollars cheaper than our current course. My proposal actually relies on our nation's founding democratic principles that made us the greatest nation in the world before anyone ever heard of Mr. Henry Paulson!"

Congressman Louie Gohmert represents the First District of Texas in the U.S. House of Representatives. For more information, please contact Laura Mszar at 202.374.3359.

###

Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #62
SuBe
Voluntaryist

CONVERT PAULSON'S LAST $350 BILLION INTO TAX HOLIDAY, SAYS U.S. CONGRESSMAN

November 28, 2008

Convert Paulson’s Last $350 Billion

into Tax Holiday, says U.S. Congressman

"Billions of Dollars for Taxpayers, but Not One More Penny for Executive Bailouts"

WASHINGTON, D.C. - As millions of Americans are hoping to maximize their holiday shopping budgets on today's Black Friday bargains, one U.S. Congressman is fighting to prevent more outrageous spending sprees by Washington with taxpayer dollars going to executive cronies.

With $350 billion of the $700 billion bailout still available to Paulson pending Congressional approval, a conservative Texas lawmaker is proposing to put that money towards a tax holiday from both personal income tax and FICA tax for Americans during January and February of 2009.

He stated, "By instating a temporary tax holiday, we could electrify the American economy and provide overwhelming relief to taxpayers, all for less than the cost of the current failed Paulson-Pelosi bailout system."

"We need to give this money to the people who earned it. I am sick of Washington millionaires trying to decide which of their cronies should get the next wad of taxpayer money," Rep. Louie Gohmert continued. "Think about how much you would have if you didn't have any social security or income tax withheld from your pay check, or if you didn't have to pay those taxes for January and February! Americans could take and invest their own money where they believe it should go - to paying down mortgages, buying a new car, making credit card payments. The economy would get relief where it is needed the most. Why try to decide how to prevent foreclosures? Just give taxpayers their own money to catch up on their payments. Those in lower income brackets who are hit the hardest by the FICA tax would see huge money back, and then THEY could choose who should benefit from their hard earned money. Even the self-employed and small business owners would receive a fantastic amount of their own much-needed money, and they will be able to invest that back into their businesses and even create the ability to hire more people.”

Gohmert is currently preparing a bill to declare the tax holiday for January and February of 2009 and is also gathering support at the same time. He said, “We can save more home mortgages, increase employment, and boost economic growth for a lower price tag with this plan than with any centralized bureaucratic program, all by giving the power back to the taxpayers. I am demanding that not another penny goes to executive bailouts, but these billions of taxpayer dollars should go to the taxpayers who earned them."

According to American Solutions, a conservative think tank founded by former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Americans pay $101.6 billion per month in personal income tax and $65.6 billion per month in FICA tax. Under Gohmert's proposed plan, all of these taxes would not be paid during January and February of 2009, and the money would stay in the hands of American taxpayers - the ones who best know where economic stimulus should be targeted. Gohmert's two month tax holiday would stimulate the economy while costing less than the remainder of the Paulson-Pelosi bailout plan.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX-01) has also recently proposed returning all 2008 income taxes to American taxpayers as a solution to boost the ailing economy, as he believes taxpayers, rather than the government, should be using their hard-earned money to choose the economy's winners and losers.

If you'd like to support Rep. Gohmert's plan and tell Congress to put an end to the government's excessive bailouts, sign the online petition at RedState.com by clicking HERE, or paste https://redstate.kimbia.com/taxholiday into your web browser.

###

Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #63
SuBe
Voluntaryist

HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT GOHMERT'S TAX HOLIDAY PROPOSAL

December 3, 2008

People from across the country have been contacting Rep. Louie Gohmert wanting to know what they can do to support the Congressman's tax holiday proposal during Januray and February 2009 as an alternative to our government spending more on failed executive bailouts. Here's what we recommend:
- Call your Congressman and urge them to support the plan. You can find your Representative by plugging in your zip code at www.house.gov and calling them through the Capitol switch board at 202.224.3121.
- Contact your local media stations and urge them to push the issue.
- Sign the online petition at RedState.com by clicking here or pasting https://redstate.kimbia.com/taxholiday into your web browser.
For more information about the plan, you can read Rep. Gohmert's official statement here. You can also read Jed Babbin's recent article found here in Human Events, or view the Newt Gingrich's Solution Overview on his American Solutions website. The Congressman's recent interview with Neil Cavuto on Fox Business can be viewed here.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #64
SuBe
Voluntaryist

GOHMERT’S TAX HOLIDAY SQUELCHES PAULSON’S SQUANDERING

December 10, 2008

Laura Mszar, Jonna Fitzgerald

Gohmert’s Tax Holiday Squelches Paulson’s Squandering

“Leave this money in the hands of the American taxpayers who earned it”

WASHINGTON, D.C. – As Democrat leaders struggle this week to justify yet another multi-billion dollar bailout, Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) is demanding an end to further socialization of the economy. The Congressman officially introduced this week his alternative to Paulson’s spending spree – a plan that would allow American taxpayers to keep their hard-earned dollars and decide for themselves how to revive the economy.

Gohmert’s legislation (H.R. 7309) would require that ALL federal income tax based on wages earned and FICA withholding normally coming out of a paycheck be left in their paychecks for two straight months. This would dramatically increase the amount of each worker’s paycheck. The tax cut would be fully paid for by ending all authority to spend another dime of Sec. Paulson’s remaining $350 billion slush fund. Even wage-earners who do not make enough to pay income tax would get back their FICA or Social Security withholding so it would apply to the entire spectrum of taxpayers. The bill would do what should have been done long ago – allow taxpayers to hang on to the money they worked so hard for and use it to decide which companies deserve bailing out.

Gohmert stated, “In a matter of months, Paulson and Bernanke have committed $7.7 trillion to bailouts while individually Americans will pay $1.2 trillion in income taxes for all of 2008. We need to end the madness and implement a common-sense, free market solution to our economic woes. My plan would cost less than the remainder of the bailout, but it would provide significantly more relief to taxpayers as well as a greater economic boost. Think about how much more of your paycheck you would see if you didn't pay federal taxes for January and February 2009! These savings will allow some who are behind on their mortgages to catch up, others to trade their gas guzzlers for more efficient cars, pay off credit card debt, or take advantage of great deals in the stock market. Our ailing industries would get the stimulus they need.

“Of course, I’d love to see long-term tax relief to individuals and a cut in corporate taxes to protect our businesses and American workers. However, I also know that those who control Congress and will soon control the White House will not allow that form of extended relief to be passed anytime soon. Therefore, as some of my colleagues and I deal with the political reality of the situation, we are trying to get done what we can with the circumstances we are given. That is why we are pushing this tax holiday as an alternative to giving Sec. Paulson the remainder of his slush fund. We want to put this money into the hands of the people who will know exactly what to do with it - the American taxpayers who earned this money.”

According to American Solutions, a conservative think tank founded by former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Americans pay $101.6 billion per month in personal income tax and $65.6 billion per month in FICA tax. A two-month reprieve from these taxes would cost less than the remaining $350 billion in bailout funds sought by Paulson and provide taxpayers with nearly a 17% reduction in income tax for 2009. The ordinary income from wages or services performed in January and February would be entirely federal tax free. People will only pay income tax on 10 months of earnings.

Gohmert’s tax holiday plan has garnered support from all over the country, including former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and Grover Norquist on behalf Americans for Tax Reform (ATR). Individuals can support Gohmert's tax holiday through an online petition at www.taxholidayplan.com. Human Events’ website at www.humanevents.com has numerous articles on the subject, as does American Solutions’ website at www.americansolutions.com.

For more information or a list of bill cosponsors, contact Laura Mszar at laura.mszar@mail.house.gov.

# # #

Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #65
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Quote:
Gohmert's Plan Sparks Interest Among Democrats
by Human Events

12/11/2008

Cosponsors keep coming for Rep. Louie Gohmert’s (R-Texas) proposal to suspend income and FICA taxes for January and February ‘09, and even Democrats are showing interest.

But at a press conference Wednesday, the author of the tax holiday plan said the American people are the ones who can bring his proposal to the floor of the House for a vote.

Flanked by a conservative coalition that included Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) and Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), Gohmert took his case to the people whom his plan would benefit most -- the taxpayers.

“The way this gets to the floor is if the American public does what they did back in September,” Gohmert said, referring to the energy battles earlier this year spurred by the “Drill, Baby, Drill” movement. “This can go forward and be passed.”

Support might come from the other side of the aisle as well. Gohmert said Democrats have begun asking for more information on the tax holiday plan.

“We’ve got a number of blue dog Democrats who are saying, ‘Give me more information, this sounds like something I could really support,” Gohmert said.

Gohmert said he doesn’t care whether the bill comes to the floor under his name or a Democrat’s, but that either way, it will require the American people to mobilize.

“I think the chance this has to get to the floor -- even under a Democrat’s name on the bill, fine by me -- is if Americans rise up again, as they have a couple of times in the last two years, and let their voices be heard,” Gohmert said.

Gohmert stressed that the plan would not hurt social security funds. The plan is a sixteen and two-thirds percent tax cut for a year, and the money would never have to go through Washington. Additionally, Gohmert said the extra cash would give people a chance to pay off the mortgages on which they fell behind.

Last night the $15 billion automaker bailout passed the House. But there is apparently is a lot of angst among Republicans, some bridling at the tactics the White House has used, adopting the Democrats’ rhetoric, dismissing bankruptcy reorganization for the automakers. HUMAN EVENTS has long advocated a structured bankruptcy for the Big 3.

The problem with the House bill, said one Republican source, is that the “car czar” has too little authority to force restructuring along the lines that were used to help keep the airlines in business.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) told HUMAN EVENTS that the automakers’ bailout may not pass the Senate because the leading members of the Senate Banking Committee were opposed to it. Sessions said it was “on the bubble.”

He said anything that would pass the Senate would probably need the sixty votes required to overcome a filibuster.

Sessions said, “The automobile companies should seek protection under Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code. This will stop all claims against the companies, allow them to reorganize and the bankruptcy judge will have authority to free them from the contractual burdens that they have. The only way that can be done is through the bankruptcy process.”

One huge problem with the House bill is that it enables the government to take up to a 20 percent stock interest in the car companies. Under government supervision, they’d be competing with each other and with the foreign carmakers, some of whom assemble cars in America.

That crosses yet another line, further destroying free market capitalism in the United States. Why is a Republican administration doing this?

Maybe some conservative senators can stop this version of the bailout. If they do, more will come and perhaps some part of our free market can be preserved.

Read Rep. Gohmert’s op-ed detailing his tax holiday plan and sign a petition supporting the plan. Below is a list of the plan's co-sponsors as of Wednesday.

Todd Akin
Michele Bachmann
Gresham Barrett
Roscoe Bartlett
Marsha Blackburn
Paul Broun
Dan Burton
John Carter
John Culberson
Thelma Drake
Tom Feeney
Trent Franks
Scott Garrett
Phil Gingrey
Ralph Hall
Darrell Issa
Sam Johnson
John Kline
Doug Lamborn
John Linder
Connie Mack
Thaddeus McCotter
Patrick McHenry
Cathy McMorris Rodgers
Sue Myrick
Ron Paul
Mike Pence
Tom Price
Joe Pitts
Ted Poe
Bill Sali
Pete Sessions
John Shadegg
Lynn Westmoreland
Don Young

This is very exciting.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #66
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Lightbulb Re: The Gohmert Plan: Suspend Taxes to Save Economy

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

WELCOME TO THE SUBE FAIRTAX THREAD V2.0!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 12-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #67
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

WELCOME TO SUBE'S FAIRTAX THREAD 2.0!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No sir, this is to support the Gohmert Plan. The Gohmert Plan is NOT the FairTax. But this is kinda similar in that his plan would allow you to keep 100% of your paycheck for 2 months. That would allow $350 billion back into the economy to help save it. It could bring liquidity back to the credit market, it could reduce debt, it could stimulate the economy, and there no more cost to this as the Government trying to have Billions of dollars to their pet projects like AIG or GM.

This is a great plan that could help reverse the recession, and since it could be voted in during Obama's first few days, he would get all the credit. Win-Win.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #68
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
No sir, this is to support the Gohmert Plan. The Gohmert Plan is NOT the FairTax. But this is kinda similar in that his plan would allow you to keep 100% of your paycheck for 2 months. That would allow $350 billion back into the economy to help save it. It could bring liquidity back to the credit market, it could reduce debt, it could stimulate the economy, and there no more cost to this as the Government trying to have Billions of dollars to their pet projects like AIG or GM.

This is a great plan that could help reverse the recession, and since it could be voted in during Obama's first few days, he would get all the credit. Win-Win.
I stand corrected then.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #69
SoulManX
The Inspector!

Good stuff SB

Old 12-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #70
SuBe
Voluntaryist

Thanks Soully, I do try.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #71
EdRyder
Side-Kick

Quote:

You cant argue with that.All the while through the GM bridge loan process there were rumblings of another Bush style 'stimulus' package in Obamas presidential future.Just the way that its discussed as if it was already a given that the people needed to be throw a bone irked me.Id much rather see a plan like this ,one where the money comes from earnings rather than the "$600 dollar check pulled from my ass" route.

EdRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #72
SuBe
Voluntaryist

I agree Edryder. I would prefer the Tax Payers get to keep their Earnings, and reinvest it into the economy.

This plan, if implemented, would allow most people to keep between 25% to 33% of their Income for 2 Months, most people would use that to pay off credit cards, which would bring liquidity to the Credit Market, or go out an purchase things, which would help stimulate the economy.

And it all could happen without brokering our childrens future, increasing the National Debt, or borrowing it from some other country (which can't be done right now because of the global meltdown).

I'm looking forward to see what happens on month 3! Could you imagine what would happen after 2 months of receiving 100% of your paycheck, then having it reduced by 25-33% overnight?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #73
Paradyme
Please Remain Calm

Once the dems and repubs have their mind set on bailouts thats all they see. It's actually quite pathetic. I don't expect to see any of these implemented but they are good ideas so far.

"I just wanna play, I just wanna play a game."
"One that you've never played before. One that you'll never play again, I'm sure."
-Mudvayne-
Paradyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #74
SuBe
Voluntaryist

FOX NEWS INTERVIEWS WITH REP. LOUIE GOHMERT ABOUT HIS TAX HOLIDAY PROPOSAL

December 15, 2008

Congressman Louie Gohmert's (R-TX) tax holiday plan is gaining ground and growing in support across the nation. If you'd like to learn more about why the two month federal tax holiday is a better economic stimulus and provides greater relief to Americans than does a massive corporate bailout, click the links below to watch some of Rep. Gohmert's recent FOX News Interviews. Also, visit www.taxholidayplan.com and sign the online petition to show your support!
12.15.08 Gohmert discusses tax holiday on FOXNews.com's Strategy Room with Host Heather Nauert
12.11.08 Bill Hemmer, host of FOX News' "America's Newsroom", talks with Gohmert about his tax holiday plan
12.3.08 Gohmert gains support for his two month tax holiday on FOX News
11.28.08 Gohmert talks with Neil Cavuto on FOX News' "Your World" about his bailout alternative

Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #75
The Senator
Banned User

Yeah, this is going to work... people are just going to go out and spend all their money on worthless crap because they have a little extra more... OR, they'll probably save that money to ensure that they have enough to wade through the next looming financial crisis...

The Senator is offline   Reply With Quote