The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Fiction & Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #76
Assassin32
King James Version
 
Assassin32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,270
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphirePrima View Post
I got 8 on mine so far. Is anyone else using scriptbuddy.com?
I do. I like it a lot. Let me know when you publish something in the community section, and I'll make sure to go leave you some feedback on it.

I also highly recommend Celtx to everyone. I'm currently using it to write my newest project. It gets the job done, and it's FREE. Everyone go download it.

__________________
"I'm cold like a midnight in Aspen/I am the president and the assassin . . . "

Assassin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #77
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick
 
SapphirePrima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Right before you get to the real world
Posts: 8,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment View Post
I've heard of it, but I'm not sure if it's reliable. Is it?
Writing wise I like it. It saves as you go too. I haven't finished my script yet on it but when I do I'll tell you about the feed back part.


Will do Assasin. Do you have anything up on SB?

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #78
reverend_custer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

I've been screen writing for 2 years now. I started using microsoft word and doing them manually. The I discovered Celtx and still use it to this day. I write long novellas on my spare time so most of that style passed on to my scripts.

Im currently working on 2 scripts right now. One of them is title "Bloodhunt" and the other is a western inspired by the writings of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, however there is no fantasy elements in the script, its all grounded.

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #79
Assassin32
King James Version
 
Assassin32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,270
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphirePrima View Post
Will do Assasin. Do you have anything up on SB?
Yeah, two things. One's an epic biopic and the other is a short set in the DCU. The opus is called "TYSON," and you'll find that on page 6 right now. The other is called "The Return of the Black Mask." I actually wrote it as my part of a Batman project from a thread on this website. I wrote it under a fake name, and it should be on page 19 of the community section. I suggest you check that one out first, because it's an easy 22 pages. Then, if you like that one, go ahead and check out that other monster I wrote.

__________________
"I'm cold like a midnight in Aspen/I am the president and the assassin . . . "

Assassin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #80
King Ruler
Side-Kick
 
King Ruler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 2,204
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Hey all. Joining the party a little late. I'm an aspiring actor but currently I've been working on some screenwriting. Not too long ago I finally completed my baby. It's a horro/comedy script along the lines of "Lost Boys" and "Fright Night" with "Shaun of the Dead" thrown in there (and some "Evil Dead"). It's 207 pages long (that's not too long, is it?).

In my room I have a bunch of copyright forms but I'm not entirely too clear on how getting my work copyrighted works exactly. Help?

__________________


Storm: T'Challa! Are you googling yourself?
Black Panther: Part of my responsibilities include---
Storm: GOOGLER!
King Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #81
eXperiment
...gone wrong.
 
eXperiment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,317
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ruler View Post
Hey all. Joining the party a little late. I'm an aspiring actor but currently I've been working on some screenwriting. Not too long ago I finally completed my baby. It's a horro/comedy script along the lines of "Lost Boys" and "Fright Night" with "Shaun of the Dead" thrown in there (and some "Evil Dead"). It's 207 pages long (that's not too long, is it?).

In my room I have a bunch of copyright forms but I'm not entirely too clear on how getting my work copyrighted works exactly. Help?
The usual standard for a script is about 120 pages. May I recommend omitting or even splitting it into two movies. Sounds extremely interesting though.

eXperiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #82
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick
 
SapphirePrima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Right before you get to the real world
Posts: 8,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin32 View Post
Yeah, two things. One's an epic biopic and the other is a short set in the DCU. The opus is called "TYSON," and you'll find that on page 6 right now. The other is called "The Return of the Black Mask." I actually wrote it as my part of a Batman project from a thread on this website. I wrote it under a fake name, and it should be on page 19 of the community section. I suggest you check that one out first, because it's an easy 22 pages. Then, if you like that one, go ahead and check out that other monster I wrote.
I can't find them. Could you link them?

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #83
NamesAreUseless
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 322
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Well I think I'm going to enter the script contest on these boards, however I really didn't realize how many actual SERIOUS screenwriters there are here!

I'm working on my first script ever, with about 0 experience ever writing one, and with about no inhibition to get in the screenwriting industry. I'm using Microsoft Word to write my script (I was using ScriptBuddy and Celtx, but then its much easier to edit in Word). I'm at like page 7, so I got a loooooooong way to go :/

Mine should be a PG family film, but with plenty of action. I won't spoil the rest, it would spoil the surprise!

__________________
HK-47- The Star Wars RPG
NamesAreUseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #84
Assassin32
King James Version
 
Assassin32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,270
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

The Return of the Black Mask:
http://www.scriptbuddy.com/community...30293&t=&pg=19

TYSON:
http://www.scriptbuddy.com/community...531796&t=&pg=6

__________________
"I'm cold like a midnight in Aspen/I am the president and the assassin . . . "

Assassin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #85
Superhobo
Banned User
 
Superhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: McMurdo
Posts: 6,255
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

One of my earlier (and unfinished) shorts -
http://pc.celtx.com/project/wV7q4g2pdq83

One of my writing exercises -
http://pc.celtx.com/project/cmwPq71333aM


Leave me some feedback - any's appreciated.

Superhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #86
King Ruler
Side-Kick
 
King Ruler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 2,204
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment View Post
The usual standard for a script is about 120 pages.
.....****. It might just be a tad bit difficult trying to split this one into two scripts, seeing as how I already have a sequel planned out (as well as a part 3).

__________________


Storm: T'Challa! Are you googling yourself?
Black Panther: Part of my responsibilities include---
Storm: GOOGLER!
King Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #87
eXperiment
...gone wrong.
 
eXperiment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,317
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ruler View Post
.....****. It might just be a tad bit difficult trying to split this one into two scripts, seeing as how I already have a sequel planned out (as well as a part 3).
My friend, you may just have a saga on your hands.

eXperiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #88
jokersminion
I got my puddin
 
jokersminion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PLAYing in the COLD
Posts: 6,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Hello everyone, I write screenplays. I have written several shorts and one full length 100 page script. I had not noticed this thread before or I would've posted here sooner.
I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with, I will see if I can share some of mine with you all soon.

__________________
T
RIP HEATH LEDGER
Member - Clowns Of The Joker
You Rock My Joker Socks TM
"Aw, c'mon, Puddin', don'tcha wanna rev up ya Harley? Vroom! Vroom!"
jokersminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #89
eXperiment
...gone wrong.
 
eXperiment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,317
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesAreUseless View Post
Well I think I'm going to enter the script contest on these boards, however I really didn't realize how many actual SERIOUS screenwriters there are here!

I'm working on my first script ever, with about 0 experience ever writing one, and with about no inhibition to get in the screenwriting industry. I'm using Microsoft Word to write my script (I was using ScriptBuddy and Celtx, but then its much easier to edit in Word). I'm at like page 7, so I got a loooooooong way to go :/

Mine should be a PG family film, but with plenty of action. I won't spoil the rest, it would spoil the surprise!
Remember that we all start off with 0 experience, then we start to strive and write and that experience is gained.

PS: I also use Microsoft Word.

eXperiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #90
King Ruler
Side-Kick
 
King Ruler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 2,204
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment View Post
My friend, you may just have a saga on your hands.
Thanks. Told, you this one if my baby! I mean seriously, if it were to ever become a movie, I got tie-ins and all sorts of prequels planned out. If I finally get it copyrighted (not sure how long that'll take) I'll gladly post a link to it up here to show off.

__________________


Storm: T'Challa! Are you googling yourself?
Black Panther: Part of my responsibilities include---
Storm: GOOGLER!
King Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #91
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick
 
SapphirePrima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Right before you get to the real world
Posts: 8,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin32 View Post
I'll check them out.

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #92
The Apatow Crew
Banned User
 
The Apatow Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls
Posts: 100,374
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

I am up to about 35 pages now on final draft.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #93
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick
 
SapphirePrima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Right before you get to the real world
Posts: 8,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Alba's Lover View Post
I am up to about 35 pages now on final draft.
You're using the software Final Draft?

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #94
The Apatow Crew
Banned User
 
The Apatow Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls
Posts: 100,374
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphirePrima View Post
You're using the software Final Draft?
Yeah final draft 7 to be exact.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #95
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick
 
SapphirePrima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Right before you get to the real world
Posts: 8,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

How much did that cost you? I was thinking of by a software when I was using MS then I found Scriptbuddy.

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #96
The Apatow Crew
Banned User
 
The Apatow Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls
Posts: 100,374
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphirePrima View Post
How much did that cost you? I was thinking of by a software when I was using MS then I found Scriptbuddy.
I didn't pay a thing. someone who had it gave it to me before.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #97
Assassin32
King James Version
 
Assassin32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,270
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhobo View Post
One of my earlier (and unfinished) shorts -
http://pc.celtx.com/project/wV7q4g2pdq83
I read your unfinished short, and it wasn't bad. You have a good handle on basic screenplay format, which drowns a lot of beginners. The story itself kept me interested, and was obviously inspired by Duel. I suggest you finish this, clean it up a bit and expand on some things. There were a few occurances in the story that I didn't understand, but they helped create the mystery; so I don't know, maybe that's what you were going for.

Oh, and if you're not going to direct this yourself, it might be a good idea to take out a lot of the camera direction. Agents and studio scriptreaders throw a huge *****fit about that.

__________________
"I'm cold like a midnight in Aspen/I am the president and the assassin . . . "

Assassin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #98
eXperiment
...gone wrong.
 
eXperiment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,317
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Alba's Lover View Post
I didn't pay a thing. someone who had it gave it to me before.
Is it worth buying?

eXperiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #99
SapphirePrima
Side-Kick
 
SapphirePrima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Right before you get to the real world
Posts: 8,630
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

So I just found zhura.com. I'm thinking about writing my tv pilot on there because scriptbuddy only allows one project at a time unless you upgrade.

Anyone else use zhura? If so is it userfriendly?

SapphirePrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #100
The Apatow Crew
Banned User
 
The Apatow Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls
Posts: 100,374
Default Re: The Screenwriting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment View Post
Is it worth buying?
Yeah it's a good thing to use. But i guess it depends on how much you wanna spend for it.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.