The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #176
Iceburgeruk
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Dragonball Z special coming Fall 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullza View Post
They were gonna have saiyans originally but that was scrapped.

You have

Human (Fighter) like Tien, Krillin

Human (Spritilist) Chiaotzu

Human (Mechanic) Bulma

Namek (Fighter) Piccolo

Another class of Namek

Majin that resembles good buu and Majin that resembles Evil Buu
I thinkt eh evil buu looking ones are female versions of majins too. Which we hadn`t seen before.

Iceburgeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #177
Bullza
Side-Kick

Well i saw a picture of a female looking kid buu

Bullza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #178
Iceburgeruk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well i saw a picture of a female looking kid buu
Its nice to see female characters who might actually have powers in DB. Which makes me wonder. Is Dragonball sexist? I mean the series has included a female majin but in db/z/gt in general the show don`t seem to think very highly of women. Yes they had bulma and pan and others around but it seems in terms of beings who wield power and fight in the series it seems to suggest that women are inferior. I mean there`s only been like three female villains haven`t there and two of them were goons of another villain. Why can gohan, goten, goku jr, vegeta jr and trunks turn SSJ but bra and pan apparantly can`t? Especially when you consider how easily trunks and goten managed to turn ssj. I can`t tthink of a decent reason other than the childish "coz they`re girls."

Iceburgeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #179
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

well saiyens wouldn't make sense, but I was kinda hopin for androids and ginyu like mutants. and other alians. but atleast nameks rock!!

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #180
Bullza
Side-Kick

I dunno DBZ is more of a guy thing, nobody is interested in woman characters in general.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #181
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Actually the creator of the manga is sexist
Even great artists have their vices

Compare this to something like One Piece (POTC... lol!) where even though there are only 2 female protagonists Nami and Nicco Robin they still get to kick ass as much as the guys. They also get roughly equal amounts of screen time. While in Dragonball Z, all females INCLUDING Android 18 are sidelined and considered weaklings.

Also, don't you dare say that it's tradition
Suppressing females is not Japanese tradition

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”

Last edited by AnorexicBatman; 09-19-2008 at 12:18 AM.
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #182
Bullza
Side-Kick

Naruto is the same out the main 3 Sakura was useless.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #183
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Naruto is the same out the main 3 Sakura was useless.
I noticed that. but in the 2nd half she's very important, and much stronger.

(well, not as important as naruto, but ya.)

Old 09-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #184
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

See? What did I say?
Basically, if Toriyama did Batman, Catwoman would be stuck only meowing on rooftops
And Bruce Wayne would eat like a pig in a totally uncool way...

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #185
Phenomenal
H E R O

"Table, Abo, & Kado, opposing enemies!
You can tell that Table is a Saiya-jin from his tail. He's similar to a certain person in facial features, but...!? Also, Abo and Kado, in pursuit of Table, arrive on Earth!!"

And Yes people, the story is being done by Akira Toriyama!!

"By my power I will make my people strong, and by my authority they will go wherever they wish. I, the Lord, have spoken!”-Zechariah 10:12
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #186
Bullza
Side-Kick

Is it Table or Tarble

Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #187
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Definitely Table because Vege-Tarble doesn't make a lick of sense

Old 09-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #188
Bullza
Side-Kick

Well 1 of those imp things is called Abo, it was Avo as in Avocado

Old 09-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #189
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicBatman View Post
Definitely Table because Vege-Tarble doesn't make a lick of sense
than why does it say tarble on his poster thing? is that just his name in japan?

Old 09-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #190
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Hmmm... a deep mystery this is!
Tarble may simply be his Japanese name

Old 09-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #191
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicBatman View Post
Hmmm... a deep mystery this is!
Tarble may simply be his Japanese name
that's what I was thinking. but atleast his name makes sense to me now!

Old 09-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #192
Bullza
Side-Kick

I prefer Table

Old 09-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #193
Yūgi's BM
Side-Kick

No, I don't do it because I've never mention the man by name.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #194
Bullza
Side-Kick

When does this tour begin in Tokyo?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #195
Bullza
Side-Kick

"New animated television series in development"

I wonder what this will be, a new anime? a new american cartoon? a series that matches the movie?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #196
Bullza
Side-Kick

I wonder what this will be, a new anime? a new american cartoon? a series that matches the movie?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #197
DBZ2cool
Banned User

Quote:

What I don't understand is that how can fox make a cartoon on DB movie? Only funitmation has the right to do so which means this isn't set in stone yet but really fox has nothing to do with the cartoon. It is Funimation who might be doing this. See fox made F4 and x-men movies but Marvel made cartoon shows on those two not fox. I personally loved the new f4 cartoon. I really did. It had great action and was fun.

DBZ2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #198
Bullza
Side-Kick

I doubt itd be Fox

Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #199
Majin...
Side-Kick

i hope it'll be an anime and it won't have nothing to do with the movie

but seriously..when's the release date for this dbz new special..does anyone know?

Last edited by Majin...; 09-26-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Majin... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #200
Bullza
Side-Kick

It was yesterday heres the story, spoilers

It has been two years since Majin Buu was defeated and Satan has become a hero for defeating him. However, Videl remembers the truth of those events, and seems to be embarrassed about her father. A gigantic hotel is being built in Satan’s honor. Upon completion, Satan decides to throw a party for Goku and the others who fought with him. Meanwhile, Goku, Chi Chi, Gohan, and Goten have been making their living growing radishes. Videl soon arrives and asks Gohan to bring his family to the party. At first Goku doesn’t want to go, but he changes his mind once he hears there will be rare foods there.

Kame-sennin, No. 18, Krillin, etc, take off for the hotel and give Goku’s family a lift. Piccolo descides to not ride along, but rather flies after them on his own. The group from Capsule Corp. arrives at the hotel first, and when Vegeta and Goku see each other, they begin to fight. Goku realizes the party is starting, and heads off to the assembly hall. Apart from Goku’s family, Vegeta’s family, and Kame-sennin’s group, the crowd includes Dende, Mr. Popo, Karin-sama, Yajirobe, Yamcha, Oolong, Gyuumao, Kaio-sama, Bubbles, Gregory, Kibito-shin, and Elder Kaioshin.

Despite the fact that there’s supposed to be no media coverage of the party, members of the press appear and ask Satan questions about Buu’s defeat. While the “Z Senshi” are eating, two Saiya-jin style spaceships land on Earth. Piccolo and Gohan are the first to notice, then No. 18, and eventually everyone stops eating and the atmosphere becomes tense.

A sharp-eyed Saiya-jin and a small alien emerge from the two spaceships. Using his scouter to detect higher battle powers, the Saiya-jin soon arrives at the party. Upon seeing Vegeta, the Saiya-jin calls him “big brother”. The “Z Senshi” are all shocked by this sudden event. The Saiya-jin introduces himself as Table, along with his wife, Grey. Vegeta says that Table had been sent off to a remote planet because he had no talent for battle. Table begs our heroes to defeat Abo and Kado, who have ravished his planet and pursued him to Earth.

Goku says that if they’re strong, he’ll fight them, and Gohan wants to help as well. Goten and Trunks think it sounds interesting, Krillin and Yamcha say they want to try as well, and eventually even Kame-sennin wants to fight. Table measures their battle powers with his scouter, and says that they’ll be of no help since their battle powers are so low. Vegeta scolds Table for relying on his scouter, and as an example, Goku begins to gather ki. The battle power reading on the scouter steadily increases. It soon breaks as Goku goes Super Saiya-jin and then Super Saiya-jin 2, and Table is amazed by Goku’s power. Goku thinks it will be unfair to if everybody fights the weaker guys, and suggests they select a single representative to fight.

Goku teleports Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, Yamcha, Krillin, Kame-sennin, Videl, Chi Chi, Bulma, Table, and Grey to Mount Paozu (this whole time, Satan, Fat Buu, Kibito-shin, and Elder Kaioshin have been ignoring Table and just go on drinking). Goku suggests that they each draw a radish, and the person who draws the longest radish will be the representative. Goten draws out a very long radish, and it seems he will be the one to fight. This makes Vegeta jealous, and he tells Trunks to pull out an even bigger radish. Pressured by Vegeta, Trunks pulls out a very thin but incredibly long radish, and becomes the representative.

Meanwhile, two other spaceships land on Earth, containing Abo and Kado. Pursuing Table, they arrive at Satan Hotel, and a panic erupts. Goku and the others soon return, and things clam down. It turns out Abo and Kado are remnants of Freeza’s army, who have taken control of Freeza’s planets now that he is gone. Vegeta also knows of them, and says that they were supposed to rival the Ginyu Special-Squad. Table says that the two have become much stronger, and that not even Freeza could beat them now.

Goku loses his enthusiasm when he hears that they’re “only” at Freeza’s level, and decides that it’s alright for Trunks to fight them. With some difficulty, he gets Vegeta’s permission to let Goten fight as well. At first Abo and Kado underestimate their child opponents, and they get clobbered and knocked into some boulders. They decide to get serious, and they each split into three people.

Trunks and Goten are completely unable to counterattack now that Abo and Kado have become six people. Vegeta advices them to sense their ki and locate the real Abo and Kado, but they can’t. Gohan offers to help, but they turn him down. They settle on having Gohan merely tell them where the real Abo and Kado are. With Gohan’s accurate advice, Goten and Trunks drive Abo and Kado to the wall.

Cornered, Abo and Kado merge to become even stronger, forming merged Aka. Put on the defensive by Aka’s attacks, Goten and Trunks use their secret weapon, Fusion. However, since it’s been so long since they’ve used it, they fail and become fat Gotenks. They eventually succeed on their second try, and Gotenks overwhelms Aka, using Yamcha’s Rouga Fuu-Fuu Ken, Tenshinhan’s Haikyuuken, and to finish him off they use Satan’s “Miracle Special Ultra Super Megaton Punch”, going Super Saiya-jin the moment they punch Aka. Aka crashes into a lake and it looks like the fight is over, but…

Aka rises out of the lake and is enraged. He lets out a giant energy wave, firing it from both hands and his mouth. It hits Gotenks and causes the Satan Hotel to collapse. Aka then starts shooting energy bullets, damaging each part of the hotel one after the other (this technique is called the “Wahaha no Ha/Wahaha Wave”).

In order to protect his friends, Piccolo deflects each energy bullet with a Makankosappo. Krillin uses a Kienzan to save No. 18 and Marron as they’re about to be crushed by rubble. Yamcha protects Bulma from the falling rubble by using the Sokidan, Yajirobe saves some people by slicing rubble in half, and Kame-sennin also protects a beautiful woman from the rubble.

Goku and Vegeta decide to finish off Aka. They argue over which one of them should defeat him, when Goku points and asks “What’s that?!”, causing Vegeta to look away. With Vegeta distracted, Goku takes off towards Aka, while Vegeta objects that that was dirty trick by Goku. Aka fires a Super Wahaha no Ha and Goku counters with a Kamehameha, then nails Aka with a punch with all his heart and soul behind it.

Aka is finally defeated and the battle is over. Videl tells her father that having his hotel smashed was a punishment from God, but brightens his spirits by saying she’ll help rebuild it. Goku also encourages him, saying that it can be rebuilt, and the party starts again amid the hotel rubble. As the party continues, Goku eats Vegeta’s sushi, who eats Goku’s Char Siu in return. Angry, the two finally turn Super Saiya-jin and begin fighting, as everyone else watches in amazement.