The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man

Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Why did Iron Man do so well?

In its opening weekend, it grossed $98 million dollars. Was Iron Man really THAT popular of a character from Marvel or was it because Robert Downey did such a damn good job portraying him?

I beg the question because a few months later, The Incredible Hulk only grossed $55 million in its opening weekend and I thought Hulk was the more popular character.

Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Default Re: Why did Iron Man do so well?

Because it was kick ass.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Rdj

Old 10-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
In its opening weekend, it grossed $98 million dollars. Was Iron Man really THAT popular of a character from Marvel or was it because Robert Downey did such a damn good job portraying him?
From my point of view I've always thought Iron Man lame, I guess judging by his short lived cartoons in the past kind of reinforced that too, Robert Downey made the character cool for the first time, at least that's what I think, hell I even bought the DVD because of it but to this day I haven't picked up a single Iron Man comic, so yeah RDJ made the movie popular, if you had someone like Nicolas Cage who was rumored back in the 90's then it would've been awful.

Quote:
I beg the question because a few months later, The Incredible Hulk only grossed $55 million in its opening weekend and I thought Hulk was the more popular character.
Hulk has always been popular but as it's been said in other threads the Ang Lee film was still fresh in peoples minds.