Agreed on the non-MJ bit, Goblin!

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #152
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Default Re: The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin1964 View Post
Great thing about the movie was that it took care of all those boring Superhero movie cliches!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Pepper was part of the solution to Monger at the end. Rather then getting all MJ on us

and

Stark telling that he was Iron Man. Finally, someone who has no need for the secret identity shizzle.

and last but not least...

The pacing was fantastic! I wasn't bored out of my mind waiting for some Iron action!

Favreau for...

Avengers! Bring on Nick, Cap, Thor, Hulk. All of them! Great ending!
Right? I want a kick-ass battle suit! I want a job at Stark Industries! I want to live in a cool, high-tech mountain-side home! I want Pepper to be my mistress! I want more IRON MAN!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #153
jrd550
He who is him

Just got back and am a bit too tired to write, but it was great. more later.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #154
Tempest19
Banned User

I want some BK. I just checked on IMDB and apparently most to every poster who replies on a BK thread someone put up said they either guy very hungry when Tony got the hamburger and in some cases had to go to BK directly after the film. Did anyone else here feel that? Lol.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #155
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest19 View Post
I want some BK. I just checked on IMDB and apparently most to every poster who replies on a BK thread someone put up said they either guy very hungry when Tony got the hamburger and in some cases had to go to BK directly after the film. Did anyone else here feel that? Lol.
Hell yeah! I got a TRIPLE Whopper!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #156
webhead731
I'm a photographer

I got back from it.

I LOVED IT. Best comic adaptation since the Spider-Man films. I just loved it.

10/10.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #157
Aethea
Side-Kick

My favorite scene was the human aspect involved in destroying the nuclear weapons and saving the families, but I feel the movie could have done a lot more tackling this Middle Eastern Theme in order to bring modern dilemma concerning the Middle Eastern crisis into a superhero scope.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #158
Nebins
Side-Kick

Awesome awesome movie! I can't wait to see it again. It was just non stop enjoyable the whole way through. The only complaint I have about the movie is minimal. Towards the end Gweneth Paltrow's acting sort of falls flat but it's only a few lines and it's forgivable. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet should go immediately! And be sure to stay after the credits! 10/10!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #159
skorponok
----------

Definitely in the very very very VERY top rankings of comic-based films in that it works as something beyond what one would normally think a "comic book" film is supposed to be.

While it's true the final battle wasn't as grandiose as some might want, the rest of the film is so strong that is doesn't matter.

Robert Downey Jr has also raised the bar VERY high...

Marvel has REALLY hit the ground running in making their own features. Let's hope they continue...

(side note...and now my patience in waiting for Marvel the reacquire the rights to Daredevil is wearing thinner and thinner...)

Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #160
Bubonic
Banned User

Dare I say it?
Yes I do... This movie is even more flawless the Batman Begins.

By a few hairs, but I'm convinced of this. This is the best opener to a franchise ever.

The pacing was beautiful, the logic was great, the integrated universe touch was awesome, all the actors were perfect, the CGI was stunning and believable, the story was solid, it set us up for a lot of stuff in the future without being annoying about it.

A true masterpiece.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #161
Maresk
Side-Kick

I just saw it.
What a fantastic movie. I don't like Iron Man. I rarely read Iron Man comics. But I absolutely loved it. Robert Downey was amazing. He makes the movie. Not to say the supporting cast wasn't great, because they were. In fact, it may be the best ensemble in a comic book movie, because at least there wasn't any Katie Holmes or a Kirsten Dunst. It was also nice to have a joyful, likeable Tony Stark, since in the comics we are now stuck with a backstabbing, control freak jerk.
Really, really great. My fanboyness will always belong to Batman, but I have no problem on saying this is one of the best comicbook movies of all time and it *may* be the best of the year.

9.5/10

Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #162
tengu17
Side-Kick

I just saw Ironman and was VERY impressed!! I honestly think it was my favorite comic movie ever. I didn't really expect it to turn out even close to as good as it actually was.
To anybody who hasn't seen it , be sure to stick around after the ending credits role.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #163
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Amazing movie... now can you continue it for the sequel?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #164
Rezzo
The Fire Rises

The first Marvel movie that I actually enjoyed.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #165
Victarion
The Iron Captain

Anything hinting at the Mandarin?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #166
chaseter
Bland User

Just got back from seeing Iron Man and I was shocked and extremely impressed. Where to start where to start!!!

Robert Downey was just amazing as the quick witted, playboy millionaire that the comics created. With ties to current political situations, this movie was quite realistic and not over the top like SM3 and X3. Great action, great comedy, and some even better weapons on Iron Man. They even set up S.H.I.E.L.D. so non-chalantly it was great. My only nit pick is that you can tell Tony's partner, Stane, is the bad guy from the very get go and their big battle isn't too long [it also hinted at this in the trailers]. However, this is still a solid action movie that fulfilled all my expectations and more. GO SEE IT!

I have to agree with Bubonic, this movie was better than BB and nearly all other comic book movies...got close to my beloved SM2...very close. TDK will be better than this hopefully but I have high hopes for this franchise and I want back Downey and Paltrow for a 3 film deal.

9.5/10

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.

Last edited by chaseter; 05-02-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #167
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengu17 View Post
I just saw Ironman and was VERY impressed!! I honestly think it was my favorite comic movie ever. I didn't really expect it to turn out even close to as good as it actually was.
To anybody who hasn't seen it , be sure to stick around after the ending credits role.
What was after the credits? Damn I can't believe I left.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 05-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #168
King Icarus

Good flick. I enjoyed it greatly. Good acting, good pacing, good story, good action. I thought it was excellent. My favorite part is when Ironman flies to the middle east, owns the terrorist, then leaves the last terrorist for the people to slaughter.

I will say that Ironman is not better than Batman Begins though. But, really, they are both great movies.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #169
BrokenThimble
Side-Kick

Was it just me, or did anyone else catch the nod to the X-Men during the initial Mk.II test flight?

For anyone wondering, as Stark is rocketing up towards the moon, he's asking Jarvis for information on what the record for altitude is, and his HUD shows a schematic of the Blackbird, noting that it currently holds said record. I thought that was neat.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #170
FireandIce213
Side-Kick

Great Movie...instant classic, Downey Jr was great and so was Terrence Howard...I really liked the part where Rhodes says "Damn...Next time baby" I swear everyone in the audience got teased with that one.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #171
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireandIce213 View Post
Great Movie...instant classic, Downey Jr was great and so was Terrence Howard...I really liked the part where Rhodes says "Damn...Next time baby" I swear everyone in the audience got teased with that one.
Yea! I thought he was going to go get in it but I realized he had no arc to power it but it made the audience laugh and was a really funny scene.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #172
FireandIce213
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Yea! I thought he was going to go get in it but I realized he had no arc to power it but it made the audience laugh and was a really funny scene.
haha the way the audience reacted in my theater was hilarious...They really wanted to see him get in it, I did too...I guess with such a good movie I was getting a little spoiled

Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #173
Gamma Ray
Banned User

Iron Man was a decent film. Nothing incredible or amazing at all. If you've seen the trailers you've essentially seen the film. It didn't go much deeper than any other Marvel film (not including Hulk), and it was basically standard Marvel fare (something happens to guy, guy becomes hero, guy's girl is threatened/kidnapped, final fight).

7/10

Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #174
PWN3R
mowing lawns

All I can say is, what a great start for Marvel Studios.
Just got back, film was a blast. The opening wins you over so fast, and it continues to thrill right to the very end (literally, stay after the credits). The acting was phenomenal. All the actors are on top of their scenes. What really makes this flick gel are those little things: the quirky mannerisms, the delivery of lines, Downey’s reactions, etc

Next to Batman Begins, this is easily my favorite comic book film yet. Robert Downey Jr. is absolutely perfect. Only major compliant I have to say is there is no definitive Iron Man theme. The music was rather generic.

Jon Favreau has loaded this movie with little nuggets here and there for the fans, I especially got a kick out of Rhode’s line, “Next time baby!” Definitely seeing this again.

9/10

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 AM   #175
L3G3NDK1LLER
Side-Kick

I say 9/10. I enjoyed this a lot, Marvel studios did a great job for their first movie. Cant wait for RDJ to give Stark another go...