The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #476
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Default Re: PS3: Slim

I went and pre-ordered the 500GB Super Slim AC3 bundle. My current PS3, old ass 40GB one is on it's last legs. The fan is running crazy loud, so I'm expecting it to go yellow light very soon.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #477
Havok83
Side-Kick

Apparently according to a poster at Cheapassgamer, that will be the Black Friday holiday bundle and will go for $199. Very tempting but Ive been without a PS3 for too long. I will be getting the AC3 500gb bundle this Tuesday

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #478
Superhero 101
DESI

That's an awesome deal

Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #479
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

I want the 500GB newer slim PS3

Old 11-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #480
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPlaYa View Post
I want the 500GB newer slim PS3
Then go get it...lol

I was at BB earlier this week and saw that they had it in teh add with a free BR remote and I got them to do a price adjustment where they knocked $25 off my original purchase and put it on a gift card to buy the remote. Since I already have a remote and dont need it, I just returned it for store credit, so I managed to get it for $275 which made me feel better about not waiting for this BF deal. I figured had I done that, Id be paying at least $60 for a 500gb HDD upgrade and then $35 for AC3, so it'd have come out to about the same anyway, since I would have traded the Uncharted dual pack in

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #481
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

I have to wait until after Christmas. Spent too much money buying gifts : (

Old 11-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #482
bkong0
Side-Kick

Managed to grab one of the $200 bundles! It was back in stock earlier at Amazon, maybe it will be again later.

bkong0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #483
Tsunx
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
I have one. The fan is crazy loud and the system gets really really hot

Guys get an original slim while you can - This one is soo cheap and toy like.

I think they messed up the internal cooling with this design.
Just wanna clear this up for anyone that didnt get it due to this post: this is untrue. I have the 250gig version, and it runs silently. During the initial data tranfer (took about an hour or so); silent. While playing games; very little sound after about 20 minutes of online play. Easily drowned out by low-volume conversations. And stays between silent and a barely-audible hum throughout my time playing (I only know the hum is there because I turn the TV volume all the way down when I use my headset, so i hear it during the transition if I listen for it. And ofc, when I first got it, i was listening for it.) I even left it on all night to install all of my BF3 expansions (i got premium the same day for $30....Black Friday) and when I woke up the next morning, it was still silent. Its not loud by any means. I have the old fat 80gig as well and THAT thing is loud. I havent had a reason to check the heat, because nothing has alerted me to do so, so i assume it runs pretty cool. Just wanted to clear that up. sorry to necro a thread for my first post......not exactly good manners, i know >.>

Last edited by Tsunx; 11-29-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Tsunx is offline   Reply With Quote