The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 08-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #76
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: PS3: Slim

I've been waiting for a price drop and with it just being announced, I think it's time to pry open the wallet. What are the chances they actually stick firm with the proposed September launch of the PS3 slim/120GB?

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #77
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Before the PS3 was even released Sony said the PS3 would be an evolving system that tehy would continue to improve an upgrade. They stuck to that with the many different HDD versions they released. Are you expecting to have just only released the original 60gb and NEVER do anything else with that hardware? Im sorry but thats ridiculous, considering technology is alwayas evolving and electronic equipment especially get revisions as time goes on. Look at Microsoft with the 360 and Nintendo with its numerous Gameboy and DS iterations. Its no different
LOL i figured you'd throw out another companies name. You people tend to do that quite quickly. I didnt say anything about MS or Nintendo, did you ever stop to think i felt the same way about them? You were too quick to raise that Sony flag though. My point was Sony has more of a history doing this with the Playstation than the others do and i should have seen it coming. I mean a PS3 slim was all but a given the moment the PS3 dropped, but as i said, it doesnt matter. I already have a PS3 and i couldnt wait any longer for Uncharted and MGS4.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #78
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I have to switch out mine and my brother's PS3 all the time. It is neither that heavy, or hard to move.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #79
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
LOL i figured you'd throw out another companies name. You people tend to do that quite quickly. I didnt say anything about MS or Nintendo, did you ever stop to think i felt the same way about them? You were too quick to raise that Sony flag though. My point was Sony has more of a history doing this with the Playstation than the others do and i should have seen it coming. I mean a PS3 slim was all but a given the moment the PS3 dropped, but as i said, it doesnt matter. I already have a PS3 and i couldnt wait any longer for Uncharted and MGS4.
Sony needs a slim model more than ever because of how poorly the PS3 has sold. Most of the other slim models were unnecessary but that isn't the case for the PS3. They need a boost in sales and this is going to help.

If you wanted a Slim model, you should have waited. If you didn't want to in order to play those games, then you have had the luxury of owning a PS3 for longer. Besides, if you really want a Slim, GameStop will probably have a trade-up offer as they do for just about everything.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #80
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Sony needs a slim model more than ever because of how poorly the PS3 has sold. Most of the other slim models were unnecessary but that isn't the case for the PS3. They need a boost in sales and this is going to help.

If you wanted a Slim model, you should have waited. If you didn't want to in order to play those games, then you have had the luxury of owning a PS3 for longer. Besides, if you really want a Slim, GameStop will probably have a trade-up offer as they do for just about everything.
I know, hence why i said "i should have seen this coming". When i bought my PS3 i didnt even think of them doing this even though everyone knew they were going to eventually as they have a history of doing that. With every system they release, they end up coming out with a "slim" design. I just wasnt thinking about it at the time and really wanted to play those games, but oh well, the PS3 Slim doesnt come with MGS4, mine did, so mine is better. I win.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #81
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
I know, hence why i said "i should have seen this coming". When i bought my PS3 i didnt even think of them doing this even though everyone knew they were going to eventually as they have a history of doing that.
ProjectPat...I love ya man. But this really doesn't make any sense at all. I think you are just complaining to complain. You have a PS3 and you enjoy so I really don't understand why you are getting so down on Sony for releasing a new model. They are a company and they need to make more money and get more systems into homes. What is so bad about that I really don't get it. If anything you should be happy that Sony is continuing to fully support and trying to expand what the PS3 has to offer because it just means the PS3 will be sticking around longer and your system won't be obsolete anytime soon. You are being a big silly goose.

Last edited by RedIsNotBlue; 08-19-2009 at 02:49 PM.
RedIsNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #82
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
ProjectPat...I love ya man. But this really doesn't make any sense at all. I think you are just complaining to complain. You have a PS3 and you enjoy so I really don't understand why you are getting so down on Sony for releasing a new model. They are a company and they need to make more money and get more systems into homes. What is so bad about that I really don't get it. If anything you should be happy that Sony is continuing to fully support and trying to expand what the PS3 has to offer because it just means the PS3 will be sticking around longer and your system won't be obsolete anytime soon. You are being a big silly goose.
Haha it bugs me because this happend so soon after i bought my console, thats all. Like when i was going to get my PS3, i should have said, ya know, they are probably gonna release a cheaper, smaller version of this system pretty soon, maybe i can wait? Alas, i did not do that and i ran out of Target as fast as humanly possible to get home to play Uncharted and MGS4. Im more upset with myself, not Sony, i mean this is what they do, they release smaller versions of their systems.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #83
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Yeah I understand but like someone said Sony had a PS3 available for 3 years now so it is just bad timing on your part but as long as you have a PS3 and you are satisfied with it that is all that matters. I am one of the people that bought a 60GB PS3 when it cost $600 and that was before they even had the 5 free Blu-ray rebate. So yeah it sucked to miss out on that but hey that is the price you pay for being an early adopter. I have enjoyed my PS3 ever since I bought it and that is really what I should be satisfied with.

I might pick up one of these slim models later this year and keep my 60GB as a backup.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #84
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I threw out other companies bc everyone does it. Technology can not move forward if they stick with the only the original piece of hardware they initially release. People b-tched and complained when Sony first put out the PS3 and criticized its large size and up until now continued to bash its price. They just did 2 things to address that and seems people still continue to complain about it. Its a lose lose situation for them bc they simply cant win with some people

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #85
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I threw out other companies bc everyone does it. Technology can not move forward if they stick with the only the original piece of hardware they initially release. People b-tched and complained when Sony first put out the PS3 and criticized its large size and up until now continued to bash its price. They just did 2 things to address that and seems people still continue to complain about it. Its a lose lose situation for them bc they simply cant win with some people
It's not really a lose-lose because the people who are complaining have already given their money to Sony.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #86
Cosmic
Theosophist

Th Cool Re: PS3: Slim

I just moved into a new place. I was just about to buy a new TV, and a game console was sure to follow soon after. I'll probably pick this up as soon as it comes out.

Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #87
BatMatt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Yeah I understand but like someone said Sony had a PS3 available for 3 years now so it is just bad timing on your part but as long as you have a PS3 and you are satisfied with it that is all that matters. I am one of the people that bought a 60GB PS3 when it cost $600 and that was before they even had the 5 free Blu-ray rebate. So yeah it sucked to miss out on that but hey that is the price you pay for being an early adopter. I have enjoyed my PS3 ever since I bought it and that is really what I should be satisfied with.

I might pick up one of these slim models later this year and keep my 60GB as a backup.
Me too bud, but that's the cost of early adoption. No reason for anyone to get upset about it.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #88
eternalinferno
Side-Kick

Im in the process of tryin to sell my 40 gig, got 3 people makin bids so far, the highest one at 210, not bad id say, especially if I can get the price to go higher, soon the ps3 slim and its 120 gigs shall be mine!

eternalinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #89
Isildur´s Heir
What are you looking at?

I´m glad i haven´t bought a PS3 yet...

But i´m much more excited with the PSP and the all digital comic books thing

Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #90
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I've been waiting for a price drop and with it just being announced, I think it's time to pry open the wallet. What are the chances they actually stick firm with the proposed September launch of the PS3 slim/120GB?
I'd say 100%. Sites like IGN already received boxed PS3 Slims and they wouldn't announce such a close date if it wasn't a sure thing.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #91
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Sweet. I haven't been following the ongoings all that closely and check wanted to check the temperature of getting jobbed over with an unduly delay.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #92
Havok83
Side-Kick

The PS3 has been heavily rumored for so long and its evident that this has been in planning for a while. Sony would not announce this until they were sure they were ready to release it. It would be a bad blow to them if they werent 100% that they could release it in early Sept

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #93
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I think I want to sell my PS3 and buy the 120g/Slim version.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #94
JaD
Thriller Night

I just preordered my PS3 Slim from a Gamestop I work next door to! One of my good friends from HS works there and he's always cracked on me about how hurrying up to buy a PS3 already (when I know I wanted to wait for a price drop). I'd always joke about how far behind I am in gaming.

But I'm starting to catch up now Can't wait!

(I also joked about how he'll be the one to hand me my system when I buy it, and I hope it's in slow motion and a bright light shines in our hands during the exchange )

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #95
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Might I recommend Uncharted early on in your catching-up period? That game made me forget any lingering doubts I had about whether buying my PS3 was a good idea after all.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #96
JaD
Thriller Night

I had a bunch of recommendations about games to get once I have my PS3, that (Uncharted) was mentioned in there too Along with Modern Warfare, Metal Gear 4, Arkham Asylum (even though it's not out yet but I play the demo in there all the time )

I mentioned how my first game I'll buy will probably be Killzone 2 though, since I loved the first, but I'm basically gonna buy each and every one of these games recommended.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #97
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Unless I see a really good deal, I probably won't get a slim until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. That's the only PS3 exclusive I know of that I absolutely must play.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #98
Blackman
King Kong

Jeez theres gonna be a hole in my pocket
I want
THe 80GB system itself
MGS4
Uncharted
Killzone 2
inFamous

not to mention the games I want for my 360 Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Arkham Asylum, The Saboteur, Avatar. And those are just Q4 alone

and not to mention all the Blu Rays. After I bought TDK on DVD I decided to stop buying DVDs because I was hoping to buy a Blu Ray player soon since all the extras and interesting stuff I want to see is on there; along with just better quality. Soon turned into later and I was just about to cave and buy Star Trek 2 Disc DVD when it came out but now with the price drop my hopes for getting a PS3/BluRay player soon are higher.

I better start selling my body again to buy all this stuff

EDIT: Also God of War 3, Ratchet & Clank, Heavy Rain, LA Noire (if that ever comes out)...Can anyone spare a dime?

Last edited by Blackman; 08-20-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #99
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I had a bunch of recommendations about games to get once I have my PS3, that (Uncharted) was mentioned in there too Along with Modern Warfare, Metal Gear 4, Arkham Asylum (even though it's not out yet but I play the demo in there all the time )

I mentioned how my first game I'll buy will probably be Killzone 2 though, since I loved the first, but I'm basically gonna buy each and every one of these games recommended.
Killzone 2's demo was fun. I haven't played the full game yet, but it's on my rental queue. I'm looking forward to it and I'm not even a big fan of console FPSes.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #100
Superhero 101
DESI

you are telling me i gotta get those games you just listed and i don't even have a job! Plus the PSP Go