Side-Kick

Default How would Thor work in IM2?

Ideas?

JDym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Default Re: How would Thor work in IM2?

As a cameo or a mention. Thor doesn't belong in IM2, he belongs in either his own movie, or an Avengers movie.

Feel free to have a different opinion, but that's mine and it's pretty strong.

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
DoubleM
Side-Kick

Default Thor in Iron Man 2

How would Norse mythology fit into Iron Mans world? I can understand The Hulk, Captain america.

How in the hell are they going to fit Thor mythology into Iron Man2? John Faverau has already stated that Iron man always would feel more grounded and real.

DoubleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
JDym
Side-Kick

Haha I JUST made a thread about this in the sequels forum.

Trust me, I'm having a hard time figuring it out. While a part of me is always excited at the prospect of crossovers, I just dont see this one working

Last edited by Morg; 07-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
DoubleM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor in Iron Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDym View Post
Haha I JUST made a thread about this in the sequels forum.
could you post the link in here for me please

Old 05-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
Bubonic
Banned User

I think what I just figured in the other thread might work.
Just have Stark being briefed by Fury at a S.H.I.E.L.D. command center about some of the other super humans in the world.

They obviously set up the Avengers initiative in this one, so it be weird for it not to be touched upon again up until the Avengers film, so I can see it being a review of stock news footage, or top secret footage of Hulks New York clash with Abomination, and something like that concerning Thor.

I can't help but feel if this is the case, why the hell not try to keep it a secret?

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Like I said: A mention is fine. Just to link the Universe together a bit, as you said, touch upon it.

Having Thor as supporting cast, or worse: fighting in IM2? That's genre-bending a bit too early.

And it also brings up the age old question: "Hey wait, where was Hulk while all this was going on?"

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Well,I think Thor will be hinted at in Iron Man 2 when or if Iron Man in it goe's into space with a new mark that he dawns.

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Thor being a central focus in an IM movie is a mistake. These two can cross in the Avengers environment, but in IM's world, no. I am fine with a mention or something small, but being central point would be a mistake.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
knack
Side-Kick

I don't think Thor will be a main focus in Iron Man 2. I think we'll be sitting around til after the end credits for Thor's intro.

knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
DoubleM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by knack View Post
I don't think Thor will be a main focus in Iron Man 2. I think we'll be sitting around til after the end credits for Thor's intro.

Don't even mention Thor in Iron man movies. They are going to screw it all up. If they make a Thor movie make similar to Beowoulf or something.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
RonStoppablefan
Harry Potter fan

I think he's just going to make an appearnce in just one scene, maybe towards the end of the film that sets up for his film.

Fantastic Four fan.
Wolverine fan.
SmallVille fan.
Heroes fan.
RonStoppablefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #13
Katsuro
Side-Kick

It's just going to be a cameo guys. Stop freaking out over nothing. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's no more than a random appearance by a guy named Donald Blake.

You guys are acting like Thor was just annoucned to be like the second lead character in the film or something. Like he'll be stealing screentime from Tony or will have a subplot of his own or something.

Seriously, chill out.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
JDym
Side-Kick

Ok, hold on a second man. No one's thinking Thor is the #2 character in the sequel. We're just saying: given that there is the "Marvel Universe", but also considering how Favreau has steeped the film in realism, how do they plausibly fit in Thor?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #15
RonStoppablefan
Harry Potter fan

Well I was worried that he'd take screen time from Tonys character LOL. But I am sure its just a small cameo for the movie. I'll try to stay caulm. I didn't even think of the whole realism thing till JDym said some thing about it hmm. Hopefully they'll do it good, they did Iron Man fantastic I'm sure they will I faith in them on the second film.

Fantastic Four fan.
Wolverine fan.
SmallVille fan.
Heroes fan.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Bubonic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
It's just going to be a cameo guys. Stop freaking out over nothing. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's no more than a random appearance by a guy named Donald Blake.

You guys are acting like Thor was just annoucned to be like the second lead character in the film or something. Like he'll be stealing screentime from Tony or will have a subplot of his own or something.

Seriously, chill out.
I know, but it seems retarded to be hinting at a cameo so early on!
Is this just Marvel being bad at keeping a secret again?!

If it is just Fury briefing Tony, for some 3 minute scene, I'd of much rather they have attempted to conceal that as much as possible so we could possibly be treated to a surprise... Talk about your epic spoilers!

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #17
Armored Avenger
A Wizard is never late...

I think it could work if it is just a reference or mention to Thor. An appearance could work very well if it is Donald Blake, and not Thor himself.

Armored Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #18
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDym View Post
Ok, hold on a second man. No one's thinking Thor is the #2 character in the sequel. We're just saying: given that there is the "Marvel Universe", but also considering how Favreau has steeped the film in realism, how do they plausibly fit in Thor?
You do realize they're making an Avengers movie, right? And that the Avengers movie will have both Iron Man and Thor in it, and will likely be directed by Favreau, right?

These characters will be meeting eventually, so I dont see the big deal in having it happen very briefly in Iron Man 2. With Favreau doing it, the tone of the Avengers film will probably be closer to Iron Man than any of the other characters. Favreau actually once said he wanted to do 3 Iron Man films, with the third being Avengers.

Favreau also said he wanted to only start this series realistically, but later have it evolve into more fantasical stuff. That's why he saved the Mandarin for the sequel.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
RonStoppablefan
Harry Potter fan

How did they say they'd do this? It would set up Thors movie. Did they really say Thor would make a cameo? Becuase I could also see just maybe a mention of the character too. That way it doesn't take focouse away from Tony and it doesn't make any thing to weird for the movie.

Fantastic Four fan.
Wolverine fan.
SmallVille fan.
Heroes fan.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #20
FaT_tONle
Banned User

If they deviate from what made Iron Man work in the first place they are idiots... and no one in this business in anywhere near that stupid... It'll be a cameo... plus it will save time having to explain how Thor ended up with the Avengers in the 1st place... I am against it but still... HOPEFULLY an after the credit scene.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #21
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I think he'll just be mentioned, maybe they'll have a scene of Fury running down the heroes to Tony. (Hulk, Thor, CA: Maybe even X-Men, FF, Spidey, GR & Blade if they can atleast mention them)

Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #22
<borkis>
C.H.U.D.

Does anyone know if they are planning on using Classic Thor or Ultimate Thor?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
Rac
Deadite

I think Vaughn spoke about 616-Thor. Not sure though.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #24
Bren
Forevernoob

Some replies have me envisioning the hollywood scene of a group of schoolgirls hearing a loud noise outside, and screaming and freaking out in their underwear. Thanks for the laughs!

That some people are actually arguing that "Thor can't fit in Favreau's and Iron Man's world of reality" is incredible. In other words, you don't want an Avengers film then.

Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America are all unrealistic, but in the movie context we believe they exist, as they are all 'scientifically created', so to speak.

So there is a very VERY easy way to fit Thor in to their world;
Just like the audience, they can't believe what they're seeing and hearing either!

Done.

And I'm sure that his appearance would be no more
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
than Fury's appearance in IM.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #25
StanLee Wannabe
Side-Kick

Someone posted something about Thor in IM2 somewhere else. Why do people hear something wrong then blow it out of proportion? Thor's getting his own movie.

While I do think they can co-exist in the same movie (Avengers, hello?) I dont think IM 2 is the spot for it. Thor's the kind of guy that needs a LOT of explaining.

StanLee Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote