The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #76
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Default Re: Naruto the next dragon ball, Or just to overhyped

yea that is what i mean by kiddie, the face bugging out thing. i was gonna try to watch the first season yesterday. i'm gonna give it another shot. i think i might have missed the boat on this one though, i might have outgrown this style. the last series i watched was moribito and it was very serious in tone throughout. im not saying i need it to be dry and serious. i just always felt after watching some of naruto that it was less than, compared to other shows i grew up with and was watching at the time.

i am going to watch the first season, so who knows i might come to like it. i haven't seen it since it aired on tv way back.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:52 AM   #77
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Its hard to judge since Naruto hasn't finished yet I mean it could go down the crapshoot just like how Bleach has seriously gone down in quality.

I would say Dragonball beats out Naruto for me but so far Naruto Shippuden easily beats out DBZ because the Cell/Buu saga(still fun to watch) was just rinse and repeat.

DB/DBZ is iconic but Naruto over time could grow to become that.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #78
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
yea that is what i mean by kiddie, the face bugging out thing. i was gonna try to watch the first season yesterday. i'm gonna give it another shot. i think i might have missed the boat on this one though, i might have outgrown this style. the last series i watched was moribito and it was very serious in tone throughout. im not saying i need it to be dry and serious. i just always felt after watching some of naruto that it was less than, compared to other shows i grew up with and was watching at the time.

i am going to watch the first season, so who knows i might come to like it. i haven't seen it since it aired on tv way back.
I can understand how it looks when you watch it on tv, especially disney channel and it's dubs(wow).

It's got all that studio produced filler and it's about kids so they really push it. I never thought I'd be one of those manga geeks that says this but the material is so different often. However when the anime does it's take on some of the more epic/somber moments it really adds and really shines.

You may want to check out the "wiki" guide in order to avoid the filler. I did that with bleach(later on) and I feel I saved myself from hating it.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #79
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i feel that if the show is good the filler should be as well. like with cowboy bebop or samurai champloo. the filler episodes were like i said before just fun departures. if i am really engrossed in the world and characters i usually just want to explore it as much as possible, regardless of story arc.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #80
gregtestagent
humblevaudvillianveteran

Never watched an ep of this show, and I'm proud of that. Besides, there's this...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

homey don't play that.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #81
Lord
All Mighty

The Dragon Ball Fillers were usually interesting and funny, not the same with Naruto however, but the 100% filler show called Dragon Ball GT was quite bad

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #82
Liam_H
Side-Kick

GT was god awful.

Spill

Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #83
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i'd say the biggest problem was that the dragonball characters became too powerful, the threats had to keep up. i liked dragon ball because for most of the series it was simple. you train with weights, your speed and strength increased. so the characters were faster and stronger than most people. not until end of the series did we see all these energy beams flying around. then they had to deal with everyone shooting energy in dbz which got more complicated.

i still like dragon ball the best of all the 3 series. i did like seeing them grow up and have kids though. dbz becomes a chore to watch on some sagas. gt they tried to bring it back to the fun and adventure of db, but the characters were just too powerful.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #84
Liam_H
Side-Kick

GT did try to bring the anime back to the original, pretty obvious in recreating so many things. But the storyline was just terrible along with the humor. However, GT doesn't affect how I see the series as a whole since I treat it as a filler like I do with any other anime I watch.

Spill

Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #85
KuroSuperOtaku

I like Naruto, but I've never seen Drangon Ball, but I've heard it's really good, I know Naruto is liked by alot of people so, perhaps...

KuroSuperOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #86
Lord
All Mighty

Some people here underrate Dragon Ball, sure when you look at it has a lot of problems, but when you look at Citizen Kane or many other classics with a modern view you will obviously find a lot of flaws. DB is a great work of its time and paved the way to most animes/ mangas we see today. Almost every shonen takes something from it, willingly or unwilignly, that how important it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin
To look at the way naruto handles death and then the way Dragon ball handles it...

ugh give me a break
At first it seems to do it well, but now it's really tiring that everybody gets a Jesus Christ kind of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwez20 View Post
naruto is very popular in japan and naruto is waaaaaaaaay more popular then one piece.
USA isn't the entire world

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...by-series/2012

One Piece is the best-selling manga of all time, having broken every record made by Dragon Ball, in 2012 it sold 23,464,866 copies, while Naruto is in 3rd place, having sold 6,495,240 copies. OP basically ocupies the 1st and 2nd place (Twice of Naruto and Bleach combined)

In the USA it doesn't seem to catch up due to the reputationn 4kids dub gave it, but while Naruto is still more popular in most countries OP is catching up very well and has outsold all other mangas in countries besides Japan.

Another factor is Naruto ending soon, while One Piece still has in least a decade to end. I like Naruto but One Piece is definitelly the new DB, from it's creativeness to the amazing fights.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote