Thor
Hulk
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Ant-Man/Giant-Man
Wasp
Vision
Hawkeye
That sounds pretty good to me. Although I don't think Hulk should be in Avengers 2.

co2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #331
chris moore
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers roster for 2012

Only having those characters who will have already appeared in the solo movies makes it seem a little dull to me. Having one or two established team members even before Tony is approached (Fury isnt likely to say Tony isnt the only superhero on the planet if he actually is the only one he's come to so far - makes more sense for him to have a couple under his belt already) would make it more exciting for me.

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:46 AM   #332
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Avengers 1:
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Nick Fury
Black Widow

Avengers 2:
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Ant-Man/Giant-Man
Wasp
Vision
Hawkeye
That it's right there.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #333
Neptune
Uchiha!

As long as Hawkeye and Widow are on the team i'm happy.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #334
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

It's gonna be a let-down if the Ant-Man movie doesn't materialize, because the way things were shaping up, we were gonna get the original Avengers plus Captain America, which is exactly what I wanted to see.

Iron Man - Iron Man, Iron Man 2
The Hulk - The Incredible Hulk
Ant-Man - Ant-Man
The Wasp - Ant-Man
Thor - Thor
Captain America - The First Avenger: Captain America

That, right there, would be a great roster. Then depending on scheduling and whatnot, we could add in the 2nd tier characters from the various films. War Machine and Black Widow from the Iron Man movies (Black Widow would be great in Captain America movies, too), the Vision from the Ant-Man movies, the Falcon from the Captain America movies, etc.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #335
chris moore
Side-Kick

Depending on how they go with Widow's connections/background in Iron Man 2, it would be good to have Clint as an existing Avengers member who knows Natasha, but not from her having been or being a SHIELD agent. We get the continuity of Clint's first outings as a superhero then - a nice easter egg

Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #336
marcvader
Lurker #1

AVENGERS I
Avengers- Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, introduce the Pyms as existing members, Wasp and Antman.
Shield- Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye
AVENGERS II
Avengers- Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Antman, Wasp, and Hawkeye
Shield- Fury, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch, and Vision
AVENGERS III
?????

marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #337
FrostBite
Behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
avengers i
avengers- cap, iron man, thor, hulk, introduce the pyms as existing members, wasp and antman.
Shield- fury, black widow, and hawkeye
avengers ii
avengers- cap, iron man, thor, antman, wasp, and hawkeye
shield- fury, black widow, scarlett witch, and vision
avengers iii
?????
avengers iv
profit

A Michael Bay movie isn't bad. It's bad by the cultural standards of western cinema. Why does the Asian market love it? Because they are live action animes. Musclebound heroes, big chested women, grand scale fighting and destruction. Transformers is nothing more than Dragon Ball starring bosses from Kingdom Hearts.
FrostBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #338
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Only having those characters who will have already appeared in the solo movies makes it seem a little dull to me. Having one or two established team members even before Tony is approached (Fury isnt likely to say Tony isnt the only superhero on the planet if he actually is the only one he's come to so far - makes more sense for him to have a couple under his belt already) would make it more exciting for me.
Well it is possible that the Avenger's first mission is to bring back Captain America, and it makes sense if Tony Stark is the first person Fury comes to contact with as he does know about his shield, seen at a glimpse when Stark was getting his armor off. And also for the fact that Stark Industries and S.H.I.E.L.D. will be working together, and then work with the military at first to bring in the Hulk, then all three units(S.H.I.E.L.D., Stark Industries, Army) will be working together to rescue Cap.

I'm sure we'll be seeing cameos of Vision or even Hawkeye, but I think the characters we have already seen(Iron Man, Hulk) and will see(Thor, Black Widow, Captain America), will be in the first film.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 AM   #339
chris moore
Side-Kick

The first mission could be to retrieve Cap. And Stark could well be the first new Superhero Fury came to because of some sort of expertise. But that doesnt necessarily mean that he has to be the only one currently on the team. Hawkeye and Pym could already have been working with SHIELD as field ops leader and scientist respectively. The need for the Avengers arises, and Fury reasigns Hawkeye as his talents border on superhuman, and Pym because his recent discovery of Pym particles and subsequent accidental/uncontrolled/unclear catalyst/not reproducable exposure.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #340
marcvader
Lurker #1

I wouldn't want any existing members in the Avengers other than the Pyms. Don't mind Black Widow and Hawkeye being Shield operatives assisting and maybe later being promoted to active Avengers membership in the sequel. Basicly, give me the originals first then start adding or subtracting later.

marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #341
chris moore
Side-Kick

Though I'm not that keen on Hawkeye being military. But without him already being in SHIELD, and not high profile enough to have a bit set aside just for his recruitment, I can't see how else to include him. I'd say he's definitely cool enough to have a recruitment scene. But whether the movie makers think so too...

Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #342
Changeling
Banned User

Realistically it'll be:
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Black Widow
Nick Fury
War Machine

But I'd want:

Cap
Thor
IM
Hulk
Wasp
Ant Man
War Machine
Fury
Hawkeye

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #343
Cartoonics
Side-Kick

Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Ant-Man / Giant-Man
Wasp
Captain America
Hawkeye
Black Widow

The founding members (I'm including Cap in that category) should not be negotiable. All except for Hank & Jan will have had their own movies by that point, but I don't think we necessarily need a huge backstory for them--just have them already recruited by Fury, or recruit them at the very beginning of the movie.

Hawkeye is the only other character that really needs to be in the first movie--he's been a major player in the franchise for so long, and requires only minimal explanation for the audience.

Black Widow might well be included since she's being established in Iron Man 2. Not really necessary for an Avengers movie, but it doesn't hurt to have a second woman on the team.

There's really no reason to have both Iron Man and War Machine.

In sequels, add Vision, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, and Tigra (and if you can get the rights back from the X-Men franchise, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch). I always liked Beast as an Avenger too, but I can't see Fox letting go of one of the original X-Men. Rotate original members out as the story dictates so that the story doesn't get too cluttered--I wouldn't mind if Hulk and Black Widow weren't in the later films.

Cartoonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #344
Spidermanfan
Banned User

my team:

thor
ant man
hulk
iron man

second film:
captain america
black widow
wasp
iron man

Spidermanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #345
jerky123
DEAD_POLISH_MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Realistically it'll be:
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Black Widow
Nick Fury
War Machine
^This.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 AM   #346
chris moore
Side-Kick

Seems boring. Much of the excitement of each character's solo movies is to see what they'll do with the character, how the actor handles them etc. To just plant the existing ones into a group, aside from the group dynamic it doesn't seem overly exciting. But to have one or two new ones already part of the team, or brought in to the team without an established movie-version backstory; that cranks it up a notch. Could not care less about having War Machine in the Avengers either. That'd be like having both Cap and US Agent. Leave Rhodey manning Stark Enterprises for Tony in his absence (not running it obviously, but dealing with corporate espionage Iron Man type stuff).

Old 11-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #347
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Though I'm not that keen on Hawkeye being military. But without him already being in SHIELD, and not high profile enough to have a bit set aside just for his recruitment, I can't see how else to include him. I'd say he's definitely cool enough to have a recruitment scene. But whether the movie makers think so too...
I'd like to see a scene in one of these movies somewhere (the end of the Cap film, a flashback in IM2, a openning or closing segment in Thor)... where Fury turns to Agent Coulsen and says, "I want a list and background intel on every enhanced / super being out there. We need to look into every urban legend, unexplained phenomenon, and crackpot who thinks he can leap a tall building in a single bound."

I would prefer that the discovery and subsequent thawing of Cap inspires Fury to create a super team in the first place... Then the order from Fury is why Coulsen shows up at Stark's press conference in IM. And why they have an interest in General Ross' involvement with TIH, not to mention the research that he has been managing in the background.

So... this would be the hook that allows HE to get a cameo is IM2 or Avengers, where we see some guy in a target range or weapons test lab, in the SHIELD facility, using a tricked out Bow. These makes it so that his recruitment scene can be added in A2 or whenever they step up his involvement.

Last edited by Rich Santoro; 11-16-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #348
chris moore
Side-Kick

Yes to all of that Rich. But a big honking huge No! to the tricked out bow I'm afraid. I hate seeing these supposedly amazing archers with compound bows, or sights and stabilisers on their recurve bows. Plain recurve bow, but all the trick arrow you want (boxing glove arrow excluded of course )

Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #349
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

^ I hear ya... Having HE use his pure talents and skills would have more impact for the character, rather than some mechanical device that does it all.

However... in time and place where a guy is walking around in a mechanised, full-body, armored prosthesis... and another guy is supercharged at a subatomic level with gamma radiation, allowing his physiology to convert energy into matter... and there is a extradimensional being, who preternatural strength and who can manipulate the very forces of nature....... a hand carved wooden bow seems to fall somewhat short.

I will concede that they don't need to give him a laser targetting system, or enahanced sights (as to preserve his credibility as an awesome archer)... but a compound bow for "punch" and to handle the weighted arrows (due to the "tricking out")... would make some sense. And, I don't think that I can compromise on the boxing glove

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #350
chris moore
Side-Kick

I've never seen an archer take less than 30 seconds to loose an arrow with a compound is the thing. With a recurve you have a much simpler nocking action. Compounds are just too complex for rapid fire like we like to see with ole' Hawkeye