The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 11-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #351
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Default Re: The Avengers roster for 2012

^ Understood... but you see... the SHIELD designed compound bow, that collapses for easy placement on his back, is specially designed for rapid fire by an expert archer. The string and bow alignment is constructed to alleviate the issues that typical compound bows have

Last edited by Rich Santoro; 11-17-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #352
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Plus... he has a button on his belt that causes his quiver to rotate, as to align the desired tricked out arrow to be in grabbing position...

Last edited by Rich Santoro; 11-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #353
chris moore
Side-Kick

I did like that Clint always notched the nocks of his arrows depending on what type it was. That's way faster than remembering the sequence of arrows at the start then waiting for a mechanism to rotate into the right place light a tie rack.

Assuming that any compound Clint uses only retain the cams of a normal compound to allow for greater poundage with less drawing effort and disposes of the sight mechanism (switching out for a more traditonal shelf), then I'd be okay with a compound on superhero archers.

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #354
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

I don't disagree with your comments at all... and maybe I am getting too caught up in the IM movie-lore of ultra-hi-tech... and the military edge that was used in TIH... but I just feel that HE would seem out of place with low-tech equipment.

I appreciate the vibe of Clint being displayed as a master archer by making things happen with skill and technique (it is true to the character). I just sense that more is going to be needed for his placement in the movie-verse. But as I said... I may just be getting too caught up in what we have seen so far, in other films.

P.S. I would imagine that the automated quiver would have a several buttons for the desired arrowhead (one press is all you need)... and the rotation would be a bit more advanced than a tie rack (think of the merchandising opportunities )

Old 11-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #355
Cartoonics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Santoro View Post
I don't disagree with your comments at all... and maybe I am getting too caught up in the IM movie-lore of ultra-hi-tech... and the military edge that was used in TIH... but I just feel that HE would seem out of place with low-tech equipment.

I appreciate the vibe of Clint being displayed as a master archer by making things happen with skill and technique (it is true to the character). I just sense that more is going to be needed for his placement in the movie-verse. But as I said... I may just be getting too caught up in what we have seen so far, in other films.
I'd prefer a low-tech Hawkeye. One of the reasons Hawkeye is a fun character is because it DOES seem out of place for him to be carrying around a bow when he's surrounded by Stark and SHIELD technology. That he is able to contribute to a team of Earth's mightiest heroes just goes to demonstrate his skill and determination. And it's always fun when the bad guy underestimates him because he's "just" a guy with some arrows.

But that's just my preference. The quality of the Avengers movie won't turn on what kind of bow Hawkeye has (though I will be a little disappointed if Hawkeye's not in the movie).

Cartoonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #356
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartoonics View Post
I'd prefer a low-tech Hawkeye. One of the reasons Hawkeye is a fun character is because it DOES seem out of place for him to be carrying around a bow when he's surrounded by Stark and SHIELD technology. That he is able to contribute to a team of Earth's mightiest heroes just goes to demonstrate his skill and determination. And it's always fun when the bad guy underestimates him because he's "just" a guy with some arrows.

But that's just my preference. The quality of the Avengers movie won't turn on what kind of bow Hawkeye has (though I will be a little disappointed if Hawkeye's not in the movie).
I agree. Hawkeye was badass to me because he could kick ass with just a standard bow and arrow. I would like to see some different arrows, maybe some STARK tech arrows that do different things.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #357
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

I still picture hi-tech working the best, but would not be sad if they went low-tech.

With low-tech I'd like to see, a recurved that looks sleek and cutting edge... made from some cool space age material, resin polymer thingy... with molded grips.

Touch up the coloring and just make it look slick. And go with the classic costume...

Last edited by Rich Santoro; 11-19-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #358
chris moore
Side-Kick

Actually, that's a pretty basic recurve. This would be a good design for Clint without being too OTT.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #359
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Then we have an agreement... The drawings in the book tend to be a little more plain than these, so I just wanted to make that point.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #360
drmick
Side-Kick

They could amalgamate his skills with his Ronin persona, and make him a purple Storm Shadow, i.e. expert in many martial arts, and throwing/aiming skills. Make him the Batman type guy.

drmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #361
Aztec
Side-Kick

It appears that Hawkeye will be in this as well. I like Ultimate Hawkeye but I worry about character clutter...Especially if they try to squeeze War Machine in here too.

Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Hulk
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Hawkeye
War Machine (?)

Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #362
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

The thing to do is give him the slightest of cameo... A background scene. Nothing big. Then increase the quality and quantity of his appearance Avengers, just a bit... Then go with a full role in A2...

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #363
chris moore
Side-Kick

Regarding the supposed line-up of characters already proven in solo (or guest starred) movies: Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Fury, War Machine, Black Widow, Hulk(?)

If Natasha is the only female then you have a team with two athletic people with insane combat skills, and two blokes dressed in armour that do almost the exact same things. Plus Thor.

Seems a little boring to me. Even having both Hank AND Jan whose powers are primarily growth related, you have the giant powerhouse, and the underestimated tiny stealth shooter.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #364
Blackman
C'mon Son

I like War Machine alot
but I dont see the point of having Rhoes (presumably in armor) appear in The Avengers when we already have Iron Man

I mean you have Hulk, THor, Cap, Iron Man all these very different characters and then you pick a character who is similar to Iron Man

Idk I would hope Rhodes appears but not as War Machine

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #365
Blackman
C'mon Son

Dream Roster
Cap
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk (in 2nd half)
Giant Man
Wasp
Hawkeye

SHIELD AGENTS
Nick Fury
Sharon Carter
Black Widow
Jimmy Woo
Falcon

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #366
wiggy

i think the roster will be:
hulk
iron man
thor
spiderman
captain america
hawkeye
all of them have either had their own film , or featured in one ( hawkeye in thor ) so it makes sense
and does anybody know how the avengers works , its a team of 6 heros, not sure about sheild agents to, but when it comes to superheros theres 6 , and some of you are posting 7 or 8 diffrent ones

Last edited by wiggy; 05-23-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: not complete
wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #367
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
i think the roster will be:
hulk
iron man
thor
spiderman
captain america
hawkeye
all of them have either had their own film , or featured in one ( hawkeye in thor ) so it makes sense
and does anybody know how the avengers works , its a team of 6 heros, not sure about sheild agents to, but when it comes to superheros theres 6 , and some of you are posting 7 or 8 diffrent ones
We already know which heroes are going to be in the Avengers, so there's no need for speculation anymore. Spider-Man doesn't even belong to Marvel Studios, so you can strike him off that list.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #368
wiggy

<P>umm, how doewsnt spider man belong to marvel studios, he is a marvel superhero after all, proboly the most well known , so how doesnt he belong anymore?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #369
wiggy

Quote:
<P>umm, how doewsnt spider man belong to marvel studios, he is a marvel superhero after all, proboly the most well known , so how doesnt he belong anymore?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
excuse the bad typing, i was typing too fast

Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #370
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
<P>&nbsp;</P>
Doesn't matter whether he's a Marvel Superhero or the most well known one. The movie rights to Spider-Man belong to Sony, which is a separate studio to Marvel Studios. Marvel Studios can't use him. There's no debate here.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #371
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Do you realize that the Avengers are more often than not many more than 6 characters in roster size?

Also, what an astonishingly useless thread to bump at this point.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #372
wiggy

well, what is the "offical " roster then, if its already known because i still have no clue as to what it is

Last edited by wiggy; 05-23-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typing error
Old 05-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #373
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury.

Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #374
wiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
We already know which heroes are going to be in the Avengers, so there's no need for speculation anymore. Spider-Man doesn't even belong to Marvel Studios, so you can strike him off that list.
i think i just realised my mistake here, when you say roster, do you mean everyone who is a member of the avengers? and by that i mean that, well i dont know how to explain it really, do you mean that members get "subbed in and out" like in the marvel alliance games sort of way ?

and ive just noticed, i quoted the wrong post :P

Last edited by wiggy; 05-23-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: worng quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #375
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
i think i just realised my mistake here, when you say roster, do you mean everyone who is a member of the avengers? and by that i mean that, well i dont know how to explain it really, do you mean that members get "subbed in and out" like in the marvel alliance games sort of way ?
Everyone's talking about which Avengers are going to be in the 2012 movie, not everyone who has ever been a member etc. That's what this thread was about. This thread is pretty useless now though since we all know which characters are going to be in the movie next year and have done for some time. It's like bumping a thread on who should play Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger.