The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #126
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers roster for 2011

Man I hate Latino Review. They make it sound like a scoop but there isn't actually any legit news in that "report". Just kicking around and speculating what they think the Avengers movie is going to be while listing most of what we already know about the slate in development.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #127
FaT_tONle
Banned User

What was the scoop about? Just for entertainment's sake...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #128
alexdunn
Spagett!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Believe me if they continue to make Avengers movies people will be going to see Cap like they do Wolverine in Xmen.
Is that a good thing though? I hated that aspect of the X-Men series. They've been Wolverine 1, 2, 3, and now 4!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #129
marcvader
Lurker #1

No, I hated that about X-Men also. Someone was suggesting Cap being killed and I was just trying to illustrate the importance of Cap to the Avengers from a marketing standpoint.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #130
aka Kal el
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: The Avengers roster for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think you can do Thor and the Asgardians as "Powerful beings who were once worshipped by humans as Gods" and leave it at that.
I think that is a reasonable compromise!

aka Kal el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #131
aka Kal el
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Santoro View Post
Spider-Fan, I like that presentation of Pym... The real lure of superheros and all these stories is the person who is the character. Their backstory, hero's motivation, etc... is what brings readers (and hopefully movie-goers) back over and over.
Hank could also be used to reflect the audience point of view. A normal scientist with out any superpowers who is surrounded by all these incredible characters he dreams of being. This is why he is trying so hard to create his own version of the super soldier formula. Think House as one of the Avengers. The irony is that he makes the ultimate sacrifice to save the entire team. What do you think?

aka Kal el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #132
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Spider-Fan, I like that presentation of Pym... The real lure of superheros and all these stories is the person who is the character. Their backstory, hero's motivation, etc... is what brings readers (and hopefully movie-goers) back over and over.
Thanks

When I looked over Pym's history, I just felt like I understood him.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #133
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Wife beaters who have mental and nervous breakdowns and become paranoid, psychotic schizophrenics will understand him too . I kid, I kid.

I think the most important role to cast for the movie will be Hawkeye. I mean, the movie will really need Hawkeye. Hawkeye is basically the hotdog, rule-breaker that will but heads with the guys in charge. That is to say if they fit Hawkeye in. Which I really hope they do.

So you'd have Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, The Wasp, Ant Man/Giant Man. And I think that's enough for a first movie. Characters like Vision and Scarlett Witch could come in later.

Scarlett Witch is difficult because she's Mags' daughter. And Mags is under the clutches of Fox. So you can't incorporate X-men, mutants, Mags, etc. into her character all of which is very important. So I'm not sure where Wanda falls. But if it's with Marvel Studios, then I suppose Wanda would just be Wanda Maximoff. But then how do you explain her powers if she can't be a Marvel mutant? Is she just "gifted" or what?

- CM Punk
Old 10-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #134
Lestat74
Side-Kick

Th Frown Re: The Avengers roster for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

Scarlett Witch is difficult because she's Mags' daughter. And Mags is under the clutches of Fox. So you can't incorporate X-men, mutants, Mags, etc. into her character all of which is very important. So I'm not sure where Wanda falls. But if it's with Marvel Studios, then I suppose Wanda would just be Wanda Maximoff. But then how do you explain her powers if she can't be a Marvel mutant? Is she just "gifted" or what?
Wanda being Magneto's daughter was not revealed till like 20 years into her comic book adventures, so it's not like it's something they HAVE to bring up...ever, if they don't want to. And she could still be a mutant. Fox owns the rights to the X-Men characters, but they don't own the concept of mutants. She could still be one if they wanted.

Lestat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #135
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Wife beaters who have mental and nervous breakdowns and become paranoid, psychotic schizophrenics will understand him too . I kid, I kid.

I think the most important role to cast for the movie will be Hawkeye. I mean, the movie will really need Hawkeye. Hawkeye is basically the hotdog, rule-breaker that will but heads with the guys in charge. That is to say if they fit Hawkeye in. Which I really hope they do.

So you'd have Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, The Wasp, Ant Man/Giant Man. And I think that's enough for a first movie. Characters like Vision and Scarlett Witch could come in later.

Touche

But I think you know what I meant

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #136
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:

I really don't want Hawkeye in this moive; The original team is enough for now.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #137
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Speaking of the original team, would it bother anyone if they decided not to have Hulk in it and have it just be Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Pym, and Wasp?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #138
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Speaking of the original team, would it bother anyone if they decided not to have Hulk in it and have it just be Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Pym, and Wasp?
Yes. Hulk is a founding member. He should be there.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #139
Philly Phanboy
LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
I'd say that RDJ showing up in the Hulk movie pretty much guarantees that Hulk will be in the Avengers movie.

I think we'll see:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Pym as Giant Man
Wasp
Nick Fury
Black Widow
Hulk (even if it's just a cameo)
and possibly Black Panther because they're really using that character a lot recently (animated series and numerous animated DVD appearances)

Philly Phanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #140
Metamorpho1977
You jack wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Avenger View Post
the only one on there that I find questionable would be Ant-man.

Personally, I'm not too familiar with the character, but I don't know how popular he would be with the general public ( no offense to Ant-man fans.....lol ).
He's a founding member, he has every right to be on the team, and his wife, The Wasp.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
----Jimi Hendrix

Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta stay on your toes.
Metamorpho1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #141
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

I prefer Pym as Antman to start. I am hoping for The Red Skull as the villian with the Cosmic Cube, and it is Antman that sneaks onto the Skull's person, and separates him from the Cube during a final battle... There is a surge at the moment of separation (Skull from the cube), and Antman is trying to size up at that moment... well this causes an acceleration of his growth, causing him overshoot and become Giantman in an uncontrolled burst...

It all happens so fast, and then Cap grabs Mjolinir (freaking out Thor who was knocked down a moment earlier)... and Cap slams Mjolinir down and destroys the cube in a violent blast that disintegrates skull... Cap is protected by Mjolinir, Thor withstands the blast, Wasp is grabbed by Ironman who then flies them out of the blast range... Giantman also withstands the blast because of his supersize and destablized Pym particles that absorb the energy... If Hulk is in there, he gets charred up, but recovers (rapid healing).

This is how Thor comes to recognize Cap as the one he should follow (because Cap wielded Mjolinir).

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #142
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Cap wasn't on the original team you know .

- CM Punk
Old 10-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #143
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Cap wasn't on the original team you know .
Cap has retroactive founder status though.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #144
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

The whole thing is being retconned for the films anyhow... Hulk's origin, Tony kidnapped in Afganistan, SHIELD forming the Avengers...

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #145
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
The whole thing is being retconned for the films anyhow... Hulk's origin, Tony kidnapped in Afganistan, SHIELD forming the Avengers...
SHIELD forming the avengers makes a lot more sense. I'm all for 616 avengers, but the way they came together was such a bunch of happenstance crap.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #146
Venomfan
Side-Kick

whats the deal with Cap on the avengers. I recently read Demon in a Bottle TPB and Iron Man is the leader of the Avengers. I always thought Cap was

Old 10-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #147
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Tony Stark was basically the founder and financier of the Avengers. So you could call him a leader of sorts.

- CM Punk
Old 10-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #148
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
When would X-Men possibly go back to Marvel? Does Fox have a limit of films they can make or can they just keep going? I think it's like five years or something before they'd have to give it back to Marvel. Maybe an Avenger movie every three years. If Avengers comes out in 2011/2012... A3 could maybe come out by 2017/2018... Marvel could POSSIBLY reacquire X-Men by then. You need Wanda and Pietro for later Avenger films to work IMO.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #149
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
When would X-Men possibly go back to Marvel? Does Fox have a limit of films they can make or can they just keep going? I think it's like five years or something before they'd have to give it back to Marvel. Maybe an Avenger movie every three years. If Avengers comes out in 2011/2012... A3 could maybe come out by 2017/2018... Marvel could POSSIBLY reacquire X-Men by then. You need Wanda and Pietro for later Avenger films to work IMO.
If the rights went back to marvel we could also get Beast in the avengers. He was, afterall, an Avenger.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #150
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

OK but Marvel isn't getting X-men back right now in time for Avengers. So that's out of the question.

- CM Punk