The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #151
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers roster for 2011

Well we don't need Wanda and Pietro for Avengers 1... but I think down the line... especially if you add a character like Vision... SW would be pivotal for a love triangle or whatever. Definitely would be cool for Marvel to reintegrate the mutant universe into their world. You don't have to go crazy with it but some vague connections to Magneto/Brotherhood or Xavier/X-Men could work. They need the rights first.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #152
darthlaney
Kryptonian Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
whats the deal with Cap on the avengers. I recently read Demon in a Bottle TPB and Iron Man is the leader of the Avengers. I always thought Cap was
The Avengers have a revolving leadership depending on who is active at the time - they all live very busy lives.

Iron Man, Wasp, Black Widow, Hawkeye (and others) have all been leaders when Cap has been inactive.

darthlaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #153
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaney View Post
The Avengers have a revolving leadership depending on who is active at the time - they all live very busy lives.

Iron Man, Wasp, Black Widow, Hawkeye (and others) have all been leaders when Cap has been inactive.
well in Demon in a Bottle Cap is on the team, but Iron Man is above him. Seemed really wierd to me because i had assumed Cap was always the leader. Later i discoved he wasn't on the original lineup either. speaking of which does anyone know why Cap wasn't on the original line up?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #154
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I don't think he was found yet.

But I'm not sure.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #155
[A]
Banned User

Marvel to Film Next Four Films at Raleigh Studios
Source: Marvel Studio

Quote:
As Marvel Studios, a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment, Inc., powers up to begin production on its next highly anticipated slate of films, the studio has made an agreement with Raleigh Studios to film each of Marvel's next four films at Raleigh's facility in Manhattan Beach, CA. The four projects to be produced at the studio facility over the next three years include Iron Man 2, Thor, The First Avenger: Captain America, The Avengers. Keeping these four major tent pole film productions in Southern California allows the studio access to outstanding crews and resources and makes Marvel the largest tenant on the Raleigh lot. Additionally, Marvel Studios will move its Beverly Hills-based executive and production offices to Raleigh's facility in Manhattan Beach.

"In making this deal with Raleigh to produce our upcoming films at the Manhattan Beach Studios, we are most excited about keeping our film production here in California and taking advantage of the best crews in the Los Angeles area," stated Louis D'Esposito, Marvel's President of Physical Production. "All of our production partners on these upcoming films have been incredibly accommodating in terms of their creativity and financial structures, allowing us to remain in California. Raleigh Studios has long been known for the superior quality of its film production facilities and we know that Manhattan Beach will be the ideal location to produce our movies to the highest standards that our fans expect."

"We are thrilled that we were able to find a way to make this deal work for Marvel," said Michael Moore, Raleigh Studios President. "We could not have asked for a greater compliment than having a quality company like Marvel put their faith in us to provide a home for its film productions."

The Marvel live action releases to be filmed at Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios are scheduled to arrive in theaters beginning in 2010 and going through 2011. Specifically the release dates are Iron Man 2 on May 7, 2010; Thor on July 16, 2010; The First Avenger: Captain America on May 6, 2011; and The Avengers on July 15, 2011.

Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios first opened for operations during 1998. This studio consists of 14 sound stages on 22 acres with an additional 300,000 square feet of office and support space. As a result of this venture, Raleigh Studios along with its sister company Hollywood Rentals, are now the largest operator of independent film studio facilities and production services in North America.

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #156
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Judging from the new cartoon, the roster for the movie's going to have the Big Three, Hulk, Ant-Man/Giant Man and the Wasp.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #157
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I don't think he was found yet.

But I'm not sure.
Correct. They found and revived him in Avengers #4. He was made an Honorary Founding Member later on.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #158
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Which is weird cause he is the avengers you know

I Believe in Tim Tebow

RAMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #159
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Well... all that played out a few decades ago, so now that fact is obscured by time. Not too mention that when Cap took over, the team was called the Captains Kooky Quartet.

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #160
GNR
worships John Matrix.

I hope they include the black ops side of things,that would really separate this movie from a typical superhero team up.

Hawkeye,Widow and maybe Quicksilver could be Fury's team which gets their hands dirty and go on missions that the main team can't.

GNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #161
captaintass
Side-Kick

I'd like to see the She Hulk in some capacity...but then again I have more than a little tumescence for women with muscles.

captaintass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #162
[A]
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintass View Post
Hmm.. hello.

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #163
captaintass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeghast View Post
Hmm.. hello.
My sentiments exactly.

captaintass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #164
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

The biggest moneymaker would be to have Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Wolverine, as they already have movies out and people are familiar with them. Now that would be awesome! They fight Hulk in the first half of the movie and gain him to fight against Brotherhood/Magneto.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #165
Matt312
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainDrink View Post
I thought this thread was going to be for speculation on the roster, anyways, I'll throw my perfect team out there:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Giant-man (No Ant-man, lets have Pym be big!)
Wasp
Vision (not really a must but I like the character)
If we get Ultron we should get Vision.

Matt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #166
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I think you can do Thor and the Asgardians as "Powerful beings who were once worshipped by humans as Gods" and leave it at that.
I'd love it if this movie had a scene in which Tony starts rambling about how Thor is actually native to an extra-dimensional planetary system, and then Thor calmly chides him for being all too human when wanting to explain away every little piece of fantasy/magic/whatever in the world using science, something which Thor claims cannot be done and is attempted only by mortals.

LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #167
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

^ That is actually not bad... I get caught up on the details... and that scenario would be a great way to ground the situation, without having to "know".

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #168
GNR
worships John Matrix.

Cap,Thor,Iron Man,Hulk,Giant Man,Wasp

Black Ops supporting team;Fury,War Machine,Hawkeye,Widow

GNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #169
Superhero 101
DESI

Thor Iron Man Hulk Black Widow Nick Fury and Captain America

Old 03-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #170
Lobo
Paige

I'd want

Cap
Thor
Iron Man
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Ant-Man
Wasp

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And, if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever." ~Warrior

RIP Ultimate Warrior
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #171
Aztec
Side-Kick

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't want anyone outside of Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor; but after reading The Ultimates and seeing how cool Hawkeye, the Pyms, and Magneto's kids could be I wouldn't mind including them as well.

Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #172
marcvader
Lurker #1

This movie needs to center around the icons, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Giant/Ant Man, and Wasp with Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye in support. The villains should be Loki along with either Ultron or Kang.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 AM   #173
chris moore
Side-Kick

No black ops team. No 10,000 support soldiers. It should be Nick Fury's hero team for superpowered threats - not terrorist ones of any kind.

Nick has already begun putting together the team and already has Hawkeye and Black Widow on board as non-superpowered agents who can nonetheless do what they do better than anyone alive. Then he goes to Stark (as the first emergence of a civilian superhero style person), who in turn goes to Ross. Then the emergence in the public eye of Iron Man prompts Giant-Man's movie/foray into self experimentation with his discovery of Pym Particles. This attracts Fury's attention, so he gets approached too (at which point he has been forced to infuse his fiance Janet with altered Pym particles to save her life during his movie).

The gist being the superpowered heroes get approached about the Avenger initiative firstly to assemble a team that can stand against superpowered threats. But secondly (and the reason SHIELD is involved) to make sure that emerging superheroes who are being heroic stay that way, don't get corrupted or take the law into their own hands too much (property damage, recklessly endangering civilians with superbattles in the street) and can be controlled to a degree.

Cap comes in as the last addition to the team by whatever way they bring him into modern times in his own movie - either the Avengers are the ones who find him if his movie is entirely WWII ending in falling into the arctic. Or by his being approached nby Nick at the end of his movie just like Tony was if Cap's movie moves into today but he doesnt work directly with SHIELD in it so only meets Nick in the after credit closer.

Oh, and Thor could go either way depending on how his movie is handled (too little realism/unexplainable myth doesnt fit in enough with the linked world Iron Man and Hulk movies have created). No Quicksilver or Scarlet witch cos that means Mutants, which is a can of worms in a movie series where mutants are unheard of.

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #174
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
No Quicksilver or Scarlet witch cos that means Mutants, which is a can of worms in a movie series where mutants are unheard of.
No way!

My Avengers 2010 lineup:

Wolverine
Gambit
Ice Man
Rogue
Beast-Man
Tri-Klops
Man-E-Faces

Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #175
FVD
Jolly Loves You

I think as long as Fox doesn't really own the rights to Pietro and Wanda then perhaps they can appear in an Avengers sequel with Vision included. They don't need to be in the first movie.

As for Hawkeye well ain't it rumoured that he'll be making an appearance in IM2?

And this crap about Thor being an alien what the hell are you smoking? I don't want any form of science revolving around everybody's favourite Norse Thunder God.

FVD is offline   Reply With Quote