It's Millar time! 75 39.06%
Neither! 21 10.94%
WB doesn't even know what is going on... how would they? 35 18.23%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel Comics writer Mark Millar offers to write sequel/revamp for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
Most of the time a film doesn't play out like a script, but in my mind, a director is supposed to make the movie even better than a good script. Then you get a great movie.

This is the nature of the business. It's almost hit or miss in some instances.
i think its imposible to make hte movie like the script. changs happen everytime. but from what you said singer changed............a lot
he changed a lot while filming but the finale was in the editing where he took away teh scene that was important. the title is superman returns but SR starts with a campy lex scene. ''the rest is mine''

and lets compare the landing scene of SR and TF. i am 100% sure that when i read that the ship will land next to marthas house i was 100% sure that it would look like in TF where optimus lands. but singer wanted a deep scene so he showed us only the reflection. TF was direct. it showed how teh hip landed .....you saw everything.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #27
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Marvel Comics writer Mark Millar offers to write sequel/revamp for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i think its imposible to make hte movie like the script. changs happen everytime. but from what you said singer changed............a lot
he changed a lot while filming but the finale was in the editing where he took away teh scene that was important. the title is superman returns but SR starts with a campy lex scene. ''the rest is mine''

and lets compare the landing scene of SR and TF. i am 100% sure that when i read that the ship will land next to marthas house i was 100% sure that it would look like in TF where optimus lands. but singer wanted a deep scene so he showed us only the reflection. TF was direct. it showed how teh hip landed .....you saw everything.
That is the difference between Bay and Singer. Bay does things in a more "fantastic" way than Singer. What I mean by that, is that Bay doesn't try and ground everything into reality. Actually, Bay is Singer's Bizzaro. Everything Singer does, Bay does the opposite.

You can bet if Bay did Superman Returns there would be alien invasions, robotic guards, scenes of Superman and the American flag. Singer's polar opposite.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #28
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
That is the difference between Bay and Singer. Bay does things in a more "fantastic" way than Singer. What I mean by that, is that Bay doesn't try and ground everything into reality. Actually, Bay is Singer's Bizzaro. Everything Singer does, Bay does the opposite.

You can bet if Bay did Superman Returns there would be alien invasions, robotic guards, scenes of Superman and the American flag. Singer's polar opposite.
but showtime 200 milions. 200 milions. i wanted to see a close up of the ship flying into the orbit and then i wanted to see it land and make a big hole.
200 milions. we deserved to see what happens.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #29
batman44
Go Speed GO

I'd like to see what Miller comes up with for a Superman movie.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #30
bunk
superhero fan

Quote:
its not like he tomorrow is the end of the world and only millars script can save it. milions of peopel would want to writte a superman script for free. smith said this on youtube. they gave him tons of money but he would do it for free....because its superman.
and i htink that this news is so special because he said free.
i think that if you would ask 100 comicbook writter more then 50% would say that they would do a script for cheap money.

I think it's the fact that he's got hundreds of pages of notes and he's been waiting for the opportunity forever that interests me. Not that he's willing to write the thing for free.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #31
super-t
Side-Kick

This is pretty cool, i at least say give the man a chance cause he seems like he actually cares about the product, and being a comic writer i bet he has rich knowledge of the character more than some people. My ONLY wish to watever he does revamp or sequel or a sequel revamp WB PLEASE KEEP ROUTH!!

But since he said his treatment is being polished as we type.....does that mean hes almost done??!!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #32
dark_b
Side-Kick

when you say a chance you mean that he should writte something and show it to WB: because we all know that WB could hate fanboys dream superman movie.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #33
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
but showtime 200 milions. 200 milions. i wanted to see a close up of the ship flying into the orbit and then i wanted to see it land and make a big hole.
200 milions. we deserved to see what happens.
I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just you're not going to get as much bang for your buck with Singer as you do with Bay.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #34
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
when you say a chance you mean that he should writte something and show it to WB: because we all know that WB could hate fanboys dream superman movie.
then i say we blow em up!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #35
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

if this rumor is true we might as well give him a chance. david goyer was really a hack before he came up with the batman begins story. blade's 1 and 2 were stupid.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #36
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
if this rumor is true we might as well give him a chance. david goyer was really a hack before he came up with the batman begins story. blade's 1 and 2 were stupid.
i am insulted
i want you to fail in life

just joking

Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #37
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

Actually, Millar presents a lot of the same problems that a lot of fanboys associated with Singer and his team: too dark and cynical.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #38
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatefan View Post
Actually, Millar presents a lot of the same problems that a lot of fanboys associated with Singer and his team: too dark and cynical.
but he is a comic writter. he can not fail

Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #39
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

is Millar still in the running?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #40
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Kevin Millar?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #41
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

Quote:
but he is a comic writter. he can not fail

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #42
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Sure, give him a shot. But in the meantime get somebody who actually knows how to write a movie script too. The film and comic medium are so different to write for. If anything, I say, let him write out an outline for a film. If the ideas are baller as hell, let him try to write it. In the meantime have somebody else go for a different take. Then decide.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #43
fabman
Side-Kick

I say, let Millar work on the story outline and on the take and let a very talented (movie) scribe write the actual screenplay with him.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #44
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
why did you come from? A world where Trinity was the best Blade film? Strange land, I must say. lol.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #45
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

I like Millar's comic work, and am interested to see what he would do, but I think he is best off writing else world stories when it comes to Big Blue.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #46
ChickenScratch
Banned User

I was gonna say it but you guys beat me to it. Maybe Millar can do the lions share of the work and an experienced film scribe consult/edit/polish what Millar's working on. I am interested by his saying he has such a backlog of ideas, I'm sure he can put together something pretty compelling pretty easily.

Oh, and to the guy who mentioned Bay as the Anti-Singer. Dude, Bay doing a Superman movie would be so outta control it would be insane. Just thinking of the crazy crap he does I think it would be an intense experience.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #47
Nivek
Banned User

Miller? Mark Miller? The guy who turned Ultimate Hulk into being a rip-off of LXG's Mr. Hyde? Cannibal, rapist, murderer? No thanks, I believe a good writer can bring an edge to a character by not having them act out of character. The guys a joke, and anyone who thinks this is a good idea needs to bob for brownies out of a toilet

Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #48
Katsuro
Side-Kick

A reboot is the worst possible idea. Seriously, do we really need four seperate actors playing four seperate versions of Superman all within a couple of years? It's ridiculous, and it's not going to happen.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #49
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
A reboot is the worst possible idea. Seriously, do we really need four seperate actors playing four seperate versions of Superman all within a couple of years? It's ridiculous, and it's not going to happen.
Considering that Warner Bros wants a sequel, a reboot is very unlikely to happen, but I'd love to see what Millar can do with the character.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #50
bunk
superhero fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Miller? Mark Miller? The guy who turned Ultimate Hulk into being a rip-off of LXG's Mr. Hyde? Cannibal, rapist, murderer? No thanks, I believe a good writer can bring an edge to a character by not having them act out of character. The guys a joke, and anyone who thinks this is a good idea needs to bob for brownies out of a toilet
I like the idea of someone writing a Superman screenplay who actually reads Superman comics (even writes them occasionally).

Call me crazy I guess.