The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Has spider man 2 became underrated?
yes 9 37.50%
no 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
spiderman2
Side-Kick
 
spiderman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,596
Default Has spider man 2 became underrated?

So has spider man 2 became underrated? I ask this because it semeds like a lot of people don't even have this has a top 5 CBM ever any more witch I think is just crazy. This movie is hands down a top 5 CBM of all time and arguably the best CBM ever! The movie has a great story one of the best villains in a CBM and the train fight is still the best action scence in any CBM. I think this movie is now underrated by a lot of people.

__________________
Top 10 CBM off all time
1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.The amazing spider man 2 5.Dark knight 6.Xmen DOFP 7.Cap winter solder 8.XMEN FC. 9.Amazing spider man 10.spider man
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

No. It's still overrated as all hell.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
Nardz937
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 281
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

It's heavily underrated.

Still remains my favorite superhero movie of all time.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #4
Andrew Lucas
Smile More!
 
Andrew Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Probably because some people started to love other movies more?

I don't see how this movie is underrated.

__________________
"Listen to me, you're Spider-Man and I love that..but I love Peter Parker more, that's worth it to me" - Gwen Stacy

~*SHHSIX*~

OriginalMiles's bae.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
spiderman2
Side-Kick
 
spiderman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,596
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Lucas View Post
Probably because some people started to love other movies more?

I don't see how this movie is underrated.
While because it seemdes like the hate for this movie has increased and like I said a lot of people don't even have it has a top 5 CBM ever. Up in till dark knight this was consider the best CBM by most people and now people don't even think it is a top 5. I think worst cause it is like the 4th best CBM ever but really 1 or 2.

__________________
Top 10 CBM off all time
1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.The amazing spider man 2 5.Dark knight 6.Xmen DOFP 7.Cap winter solder 8.XMEN FC. 9.Amazing spider man 10.spider man
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #6
Fincher
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 288
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

It was never my top anything, because I didn't like it back in its day, so my vote has to be no.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:55 AM   #7
Spider-knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,521
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

I think the problem is that people pay attention to other marvel movies like the avengers, captain America, iron man and guardians of the galaxy.

Spider-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #8
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

That's not a problem......

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:54 AM   #9
spiderman2
Side-Kick
 
spiderman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,596
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
I think the problem is that people pay attention to other marvel movies like the avengers, captain America, iron man and guardians of the galaxy.
Avengers is good but not even close to sm2. Iron man is so so overrated not even a top like 12 CBM. Captain America 2 while good is a little overrated and not close to sm2 I havnt seen guardians yet.

__________________
Top 10 CBM off all time
1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.The amazing spider man 2 5.Dark knight 6.Xmen DOFP 7.Cap winter solder 8.XMEN FC. 9.Amazing spider man 10.spider man
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
GoodYoung
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 318
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

What lol? No way. This and the Avengers are still the most overrated cbms ever. Just because people started to realise that the movie is not that great doesn't mean the movie became underrated.
It's not in my top-5, by the way. Not even in top-10. And it never was.

GoodYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #11
BRAB
Eaten by Lizard Guy
 
BRAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,126
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Nope.

Still respected as one of the GREATEST CBM's of the modern era.

Why?

Because it pioneered every single good thing about cbm's in the years to come. It completely embodied what a GOOD cbm was. it completely embodied the tragic villian, the fracutered hero, the patriotism. SM2 did so much right.

It's gotten to the point where, contextually, it isn't just a cbm, it is cbm's

__________________
2/9/15

The biggest day in CBM History. He is Home.

~*SHH SIX~*

Vale P.J.H 63*
BRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #12
Spider-knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,521
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

That is correct BRAB. Though it did take a while to get more good CBMs while we had stinkers like blade 3, x-3, wolverine origins, Electra, punisher, ghost rider, catwoman, and F4. The only 2 good CBMSthat came out during its time were batman begins and x-men 1and 2

Spider-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 46,060
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
So has spider man 2 became underrated? I ask this because it semeds like a lot of people don't even have this has a top 5 CBM ever any more witch I think is just crazy. This movie is hands down a top 5 CBM of all time and arguably the best CBM ever! The movie has a great story one of the best villains in a CBM and the train fight is still the best action scence in any CBM. I think this movie is now underrated by a lot of people.
That's the thing about OPINIONS......some people will agree with yours.....some will not. Neither is right or wrong....because they are OPINIONS not quantifiable facts.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #14
Andrew Lucas
Smile More!
 
Andrew Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
While because it seemdes like the hate for this movie has increased and like I said a lot of people don't even have it has a top 5 CBM ever. Up in till dark knight this was consider the best CBM by most people and now people don't even think it is a top 5. I think worst cause it is like the 4th best CBM ever but really 1 or 2.
Dude.....it isn't because people started to hate it,in fact I had never seen such hate you are talking about,some people don't like it and that works for ever movie,not every one single people on the world is going to like the same movie that the other so.

I really don't see where that is coming from.

__________________
"Listen to me, you're Spider-Man and I love that..but I love Peter Parker more, that's worth it to me" - Gwen Stacy

~*SHHSIX*~

OriginalMiles's bae.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:36 AM   #15
spiderman2
Side-Kick
 
spiderman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,596
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Lucas View Post
Dude.....it isn't because people started to hate it,in fact I had never seen such hate you are talking about,some people don't like it and that works for ever movie,not every one single people on the world is going to like the same movie that the other so.

I really don't see where that is coming from.
I no not ever one is going to like a movie but I would say up in till like 2 years ago like ever one had this movie has a top 3 CBM and now all of a sudden it seemdes like a lot of people don't even have it has a top like 5 or even 10 and it seemds like I am hearing more and more people saying the movie sucked or is just ok where for a long time it was like this movie is great or really good.

__________________
Top 10 CBM off all time
1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.The amazing spider man 2 5.Dark knight 6.Xmen DOFP 7.Cap winter solder 8.XMEN FC. 9.Amazing spider man 10.spider man
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #16
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Because it was never worth top 5 or 10

Because better CBM movies came out and knocked it off its undeserved placement

Because peoples' tastes in entertainment change

Etc.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #17
Johnny-Oh
Side-Kick
 
Johnny-Oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 681
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

I agree that it kinda feels like its becoming underrated. Its still probably the only superhero movie yet which has the perfect balance of drama, compelling characters, action and comedy. The only movies that have more or less the same balance are TDKR and Days of Future Past. For that reason Its disappointing that a lot of people don't seem to give the praise it deserves.

Part of the problem is that people seem to be into pseudo-intellectual crap this days, if your movie is filled with countless speeches and has a desaturated color palette you will get praise from left to right.

Lol @ people who think it doesn't deserve to be Top 5 when its one of the movies that paved the way for the genre.

__________________
Best SH Movies: 1) Spider-Man 2 2)X2/FC/DOFP 3)CA: The Winter Soldier 4)TDKR 5)Spider-Man 6)The Avengers 7)Iron Man 8)GOTG 9)TDK 10)Blade 2

Worst SH Movies(this decade):
1.Green Lantern 2.Ghost Rider 2 3.MOS 4.TASM 2 5.TASM
Johnny-Oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #18
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,716
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

It's rather a very overrated film if you ask me. The first one is better.

__________________
My take on a new Spider-Man direction:
I'd gladly get your thoughts on it!
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #19
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick
 
Doctor Octopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,031
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

No it's still regarded as one of the best comic book movies because it is.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
That Guy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 57
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

It is still good, but in all honesty it does not belong in a top five list. Probably a top ten list, but not top five. Since Spider-Man 2 so many great comic book movies have come out many of which are simply better than Spider-Man 2.

That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #21
spiderral
Side-Kick
 
spiderral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 827
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

*Looks at title*
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Nope, it is so overrated, more so than The Dark Knight Rises.

spiderral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #22
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick
 
Doctor Octopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,031
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderral View Post
*Looks at title*
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Clips like that remind me of how brilliant it is. Thank you for posting it.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #23
spiderral
Side-Kick
 
spiderral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 827
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
Clips like that remind me of how brilliant it is. Thank you for posting it.
J.K. Simmons was the best thing out of the trilogy.
"Get a shot of the mayor and his girlfriend... Wife."

spiderral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #24
The Joker
Mad Love
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 38,872
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

No definitely not underrated. It's still getting the high praise. I mean Film4 put it 2nd place after The Avengers, and above the likes of TDK, X-2 etc recently; http://www.film4.com/special-feature...ic-book-movies.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 09-07-2014 at 04:08 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #25
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 39,316
Default Re: Has spider man 2 became underrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Because it was never worth top 5 or 10

Because better CBM movies came out and knocked it off its undeserved placement

Because peoples' tastes in entertainment change

Etc.
And I disagree with you, and many other people do as well. So, why don't you offer something CONSTRUCTIVE to this conversation. As opposed to stand-offish comments like this that will only enrage other people. You know, like actual DEBATE. I hate posters on both sides that do this.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.