The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: What should Brainiac look like?
A Robot 50 53.19%
A Green Humanoid 32 34.04%
Other 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #51
Compi716
The SHH! Jew
 
Compi716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles.
Posts: 8,437
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

I want him to look like his TAS counterpart.

__________________
Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the entire Human race.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:37 AM   #52
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,742
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

a mix of all three...

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #53
DavidTyler
Side-Kick
 
DavidTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,348
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Up above is humanoid brainiac and here is robot Brainiac:

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchive...iacRobotic.jpg
This is my favourite version of the character but this isn't my favourite sketch of it.

I actually have the toy that some company put out a long time ago.

Second to that is the version of Brainiac that DC a while back where he was a humanoid in a black body suit w/a huge purple cape. Not the version where they deformed his head but the one that looks like traditional Brainiac but w/a goatee and a better costume.

The animated series is third.

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #54
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
This poll showed that big majority of people on this board would prefer robot brainiac to humanoid Brainiac:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...brainiac+robot
Fine for them. I wouldn't. And I doubt anyone who saw a humanoid Brainiac would be stupid enough to not think he was a threat based solely on apearance.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #55
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
Fine for them. I wouldn't. And I doubt anyone who saw a humanoid Brainiac would be stupid enough to not think he was a threat based solely on apearance.
Ah, but using this as an informal poll, if comic book fans want brainiac to have his robot body, why shouldn't he have it? How is Brainiac going to go toe to toe with Superman without his robot body? You may like the green humanoid Brainiac, but you are in the vast minority in this board, in this film should try please the majority of fans, not the minority.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #56
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069
a mix of all three...
How would that be pulled off?

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #57
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Ah, but using this as an informal poll, if comic book fans want brainiac to have his robot body, why shouldn't he have it?
Because not everyone likes it, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
How is Brainiac going to go toe to toe with Superman without his robot body?
I already said. TK and energy blasts. Like he always does. He;s never actually been a match for Clark in terms of physical strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
You may like the green humanoid Brainiac, but you are in the vast minority in this board, in this film should try please the majority of fans, not the minority.
I think that's a bit of an exadgeration. Besides, if I simply bended to the opinion of a somewhat larger group of people, then I'd just be an idiot. I like green skinned Brainiac. That's the look Brainiac's almost always had and there's nothing inherently flawed with it.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #58
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: What should Brainiac look like?

I'm partial to the green skin with cybernetic implants Brainiac. Just personal preference.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #59
dpm07
Hiking Hero
 
dpm07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 6,431
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

I like the TAS/JL/JLU version.

__________________
"If we die, it will be for glory, not for gold..." - Beowulf
dpm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #60
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 44,029
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
Maybe he was simply trying to be subtle. Taking over a plent from the inside out and not drawing atention to himself.



When you say it like that, it sounds retarded. But they could use make up and make him look good. And with CGI, you can almost always tell that it's CG. I'd rather have a Brainiac who looks like he's actually in the same room with Superman.



Who cares if he looks threatening? All that matters is that he is threatening. Having the look he has in the Justice maxi series, plus some more techno implants, would be fine.
davy jones. people who are making CGI for a living didnt know 100% of he was all CGI. it is the best CGI that was ever made. they can make a realistic brainiac only if they want to.

but we all know that zod will be the villain.

dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #61
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support
 
M.O.Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Death Star Basement
Posts: 8,517
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler
This is my favourite version of the character but this isn't my favourite sketch of it.

I actually have the toy that some company put out a long time ago.

Second to that is the version of Brainiac that DC a while back where he was a humanoid in a black body suit w/a huge purple cape. Not the version where they deformed his head but the one that looks like traditional Brainiac but w/a goatee and a better costume.

The animated series is third.
do you have a picture of that second description you're talking about?

__________________
"Now I'm not a religious person, but if you're up there....help me Superman!"-Homer
"I'm a humble man, just like Jesus."-Colbert
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment"-the Mechanic

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #62
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b
davy jones. people who are making CGI for a living didnt know 100% of he was all CGI. it is the best CGI that was ever made. they can make a realistic brainiac only if they want to.
Ah yes. This is true. Still, I'd prefer make up to be used. CGI is often used when it's unnecessairy, and it's unnecessairy with Brainiac.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #63
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,680
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

i'd like to see him in his classic look, but with the origins and characterization of TAS.



larger pic:
http://www.alexrossart.com/popup.asp...2_p28_full.jpg

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #64
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
Because not everyone likes it, maybe?

You can't please everyone and since most people on this board perfer robot Brainiac, why should the majority seed the minority?

I already said. TK and energy blasts. Like he always does. He;s never actually been a match for Clark in terms of physical strength.

Meh, that's kinda boring, how would brainiac take punches from Superman? Robot Brainiac's durablity is far greater than humanoid Brainiac, so Superman can lay into Brainiac. Plus Superman can destory robot Brainiac without becomming a murderer, which he can't do to humanoid Brainiac.

I think that's a bit of an exadgeration. Besides, if I simply bended to the opinion of a somewhat larger group of people, then I'd just be an idiot. I like green skinned Brainiac. That's the look Brainiac's almost always had and there's nothing inherently flawed with it.
Check any poll or thread on this board regarding this subject and you will see the majority favour robot brainiac. Just because you like the green humanoid look doesn't the most of the fans do. Besides Brainiac often looked silly with that look (remember when he wore a golf shirt and bloomers). You like that look, but I bet most fans on this board do not.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #65
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
Ah yes. This is true. Still, I'd prefer make up to be used. CGI is often used when it's unnecessairy, and it's unnecessairy with Brainiac.
But CGI would be needed if we want to see robot Brainiac, which most people on this board want to see.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #66
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User
 
\S/JcDc\S/'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,365
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

TAS everything is the answer by most standards.

__________________
JcDc-- My original join date was: 05-07-2003 --Time flies, and so should Superman!
\S/JcDc\S/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #67
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
But CGI would be needed if we want to see robot Brainiac, which most people on this board want to see.
And it's not what I want. Green skin with cybernetic implants is, I think, the best way to go. Somethink akin to the Borg, albiet with the implants a bit more downplayed.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #68
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
And it's not what I want. Green skin with cybernetic implants is, I think, the best way to go. Somethink akin to the Borg, albiet with the implants a bit more downplayed.
In life we often don't get what we want, since the majority want robot Brainiac, I think that is what we will get, besides its the robot version of the character that was shown up in most major media, so people are more familar with robot Brainiac. Often in these cases majority rules and the minority has to live with it.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:45 AM   #69
kal-el1990
Side-Kick
 
kal-el1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 777
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

someone here it think designed a reallygood braniac based on the crystals and he had 3 modes, sleep, normal and battle i think.

kal-el1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 AM   #70
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
In life we often don't get what we want, since the majority want robot Brainiac, I think that is what we will get, besides its the robot version of the character that was shown up in most major media, so people are more familar with robot Brainiac. Often in these cases majority rules and the minority has to live with it.
That's a stupid arguement. This is asking about our opinions. My opinion is that Brainiac should be a green skinned humanoid with cybernetic implants. And he most definately shouldn't be CGI. CGI is used far too much these days. Using for Brainiac would be unnecessairy. And really, it would hurt the preformances. It would be having the actors interacting with something that isn't there. You'd have Superman fighting something that isn't there. It would look fake. My feeling is that you should use practical effects as much as possibl and only use CGI when you need to. Unless, of course, you're doing it for artistic reasons, like in Sin City.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #71
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
That's a stupid arguement. This is asking about our opinions. My opinion is that Brainiac should be a green skinned humanoid with cybernetic implants. And he most definately shouldn't be CGI. CGI is used far too much these days. Using for Brainiac would be unnecessairy. And really, it would hurt the preformances. It would be having the actors interacting with something that isn't there. You'd have Superman fighting something that isn't there. It would look fake. My feeling is that you should use practical effects as much as possibl and only use CGI when you need to. Unless, of course, you're doing it for artistic reasons, like in Sin City.
That's your opinion, but you seemed to say that majority of fans were okay with a humanoid Brainiac, but I think I have pointed out that most would prefer a robot Brainiac. Besides after STAS and JLU most are more familar with robot Brainiac and STAS Brainiac is vastly superior to post crisis Brainiac. Just because you don't thinka cGI Brainiac couldn't work, doesn't mean it won't and if a CGI Brainiac did look awesome on screen, would you be complaining?

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #72
Kabuki_Jo
Side-Kick
 
Kabuki_Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brazil
Posts: 731
Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel
i'd like to see him in his classic look, but with the origins and characterization of TAS.


Awesome!

Kabuki_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #73
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
That's your opinion, but you seemed to say that majority of fans were okay with a humanoid Brainiac, but I think I have pointed out that most would prefer a robot Brainiac.
I never said that at all. I made no claims as to what other people's opinions are. Honestly, I don't care what other people's opinions are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Besides after STAS and JLU most are more familar with robot Brainiac and STAS Brainiac is vastly superior to post crisis Brainiac.
1) Brainiac was only the silver skull robot for a few years. Most people are familiar with green skinned humanoid Brainiac.

2) Sheer opinion. I like Post Crisis Brainiac better. Far better personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Just because you don't thinka cGI Brainiac couldn't work, doesn't mean it won't and if a CGI Brainiac did look awesome on screen, would you be complaining?
I'd still think it was unnecessairy. CGI is over used. The art of practical special effects is all but dead.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 PM   #74
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,332
Default Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
I never said that at all. I made no claims as to what other people's opinions are. Honestly, I don't care what other people's opinions are.

Alright then I don't care if like you humanoid Brainiac and I like robot brainiac and hope he gets moved in the movie, because I don't like humanoid Brainiac. if we are going by sheer opinion, this arguement is pointless, because we won't change our opinions any time soon.

1) Brainiac was only the silver skull robot for a few years. Most people are familiar with green skinned humanoid Brainiac.

Actually most people are most familar with the robot Brainiac that has been showing up STAS, JLU and Smallville

2) Sheer opinion. I like Post Crisis Brainiac better. Far better personality.

What made Post crisis brainiac better than any other alien warlord running around, plus I always thought the circus freak. At least STAs brainiac had a personal connmection to Superman.

I'd still think it was unnecessairy. CGI is over used. The art of practical special effects is all but dead.
Well I say it is necessary because I like robot Brainiac, better than humanoid Brainiac.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #75
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Re: The Official Braniac Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Alright then I don't care if like you humanoid Brainiac and I like robot brainiac and hope he gets moved in the movie, because I don't like humanoid Brainiac. if we are going by sheer opinion, this arguement is pointless, because we won't change our opinions any time soon.


Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Actually most people are most familar with the robot Brainiac that has been showing up STAS, JLU and Smallville


But all of those Brainiacs are humanoid in apearance, and the DCAU Brainiac is a green skinned humanoid. And Brainiac has always been alien AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
What made Post crisis brainiac better than any other alien warlord running around, plus I always thought the circus freak.


I just like his personality better. DCAU Brainiac is completely cold and emotionless. Post Crisis Brainiac had a very dry sense of humor and a flair for the dramatic. He;s more fun, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
At least STAs brainiac had a personal connmection to Superman.


Why does he need a personal connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Well I say it is necessary because I like robot Brainiac, better than humanoid Brainiac.
You can still do a more robotic looking Brainiac with practical effects. CGI is far too over used. If we have a completely CGI Brainiac, there's nothing for the actors to interact with on stage. And all completely CGI characters I've seen in films with the exception of one looked obviously fake, which is really really distracting. CGI is completely unnecessairy here. Practical effects should not become a dead art form.

Besides, Brainiac's body has, for a long time, been techno/organic in nature. He can look more or less fleshy on the outside with a bunch of artificial implants and simply have his innards be a blend of technology and biology.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.