The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: What should Brainiac look like?
A Robot 50 53.19%
A Green Humanoid 32 34.04%
Other 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 PM   #101
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Default Re: What should Brainiac look like?

I think Brainiac oughta look like his S:TAS counterpart initially, then when he and Supes have their climactic smackdown Big Blue begins ripping away Brainiac's outer skin to reveal an 1980s-era Super Powers-styled 'endoskeleton'.

Something like this (top row, third from left): http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

Oh, and I wouldn't be averse to his ship being involved in this somewhere. Ideally, that would involve adapting the S:TAS origin - fashioning him as a Coluan artificial intelligence that 'took root' on various planets over the ages, at one point settling on Krypton - and as a result of the latter, looking a little something like this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:44 PM   #102
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC
I still think that the ending text should say "and his only son" instead of "and the last son" to give it a slight Donneresque to it, but overall, great teaser.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:43 AM   #103
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm07
I like the TAS/JL/JLU version.
I'll second that, it's like a combination of the green alien and the robot version.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:50 AM   #104
MJB
Side-Kick

I think it'll be better to use the animated series version that's from Krypton. The green alien version that's from Colu or whatever his homeplanet name is in my opinion going off to the point where to much explaining needs to be done, and I certainly don't want a new orgin like a human in some accident is turned into brainiac(this would be so typical of the studio). The animated series version is easier in my opinion to adapt to the big screen. I would rather have the alien version because it's not a robot and you can connect with him more, but the robotic version is fine.

Last edited by MJB; 10-31-2006 at 02:52 AM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #105
Dark Knight
Banned User

something similiar to the animated version. But it should be a mix between the two.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #106
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC

Nice!

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:56 AM   #107
dark_b
Side-Kick

i hope that next year we can open the thread: how will brainiac look?

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #108
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus
I think Brainiac oughta look like his S:TAS counterpart initially, then when he and Supes have their climactic smackdown Big Blue begins ripping away Brainiac's outer skin to reveal an 1980s-era Super Powers-styled 'endoskeleton'.

Something like this (top row, third from left): http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

Oh, and I wouldn't be averse to his ship being involved in this somewhere. Ideally, that would involve adapting the S:TAS origin - fashioning him as a Coluan artificial intelligence that 'took root' on various planets over the ages, at one point settling on Krypton - and as a result of the latter, looking a little something like this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps
Agreed.

Let's just hope that Singer and Co. actually use TAS as a reference point, rather than COMPLETELY ignoring it.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:59 PM   #109
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

He should look like a nanotechnologically engineered human.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #110
storyteller
Side-Kick

Brainiac should change throughout the film. Go from organic to total robot.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #111
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Default They really need Darkseid or Brainiac in this one...

Maybe Metallo. Just someone other than Lex.

NinjaTurtleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #112
MJB
Side-Kick

Default Re: They really need Darkseid or Brainiac in this one...

It'll probably be brainiac, but then again knowing singer, I'm expecting Superman light again.

MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #113
Mentok
Side-Kick

I wanted metallo but since New Krypton plays a role with the next Villian I seriously doubt it will be him.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #114
Heretic
Side-Kick

As far as New Krypton goes, one thing immediately sprang to mind
Rocks + crystals + supermans blood = Doomsday????

The problem being that Supes already kind of went through the drama Doomsday would represent in Returns.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #115
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

No Superman movie ever really had a comic-booky villain. He was either fighting Lex, Zod, the computer robot or Nuclear man. Never a true comic villain.

I think he should fight Brainiac. It was totally set up for in Superman Returns. I think originally it was Braniac who sent the signal to Superman and then when he went to discover the remains in his ship, Brainiac latched on and went back to earth with Superman.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #116
storyteller
Side-Kick

Yawn, dude this is like the 50th topic on this.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #117
markaudette
Is Not a Unique Snowflake

Post Re: They really need Darkseid or Brainiac in this one...

And for the 50th time, I'm going to add my voice to the growing number of people who want to see Darkseid over any other villain.

And Doomsday is a weapon kept secret on Apokolips.

That's how I see it.

markaudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #118
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudette
And for the 50th time, I'm going to add my voice to the growing number of people who want to see Darkseid over any other villain.

And Doomsday is a weapon kept secret on Apokolips.

That's how I see it.
Darksied's too convoluted to work as a sequel villain, it would be a 5 hour long movie if they tried to fit DS' back story in and would cost way too much money to have DS and his armies before on screen, that's why brainiac is a better choice, plus he has more hsitory with Superman.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #119
Eros
Side-Kick

not to mention Brainiac is actulaly a main superman villian, while Darksied is a universal threat.

Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #120
markaudette
Is Not a Unique Snowflake

Post Re: They really need Darkseid or Brainiac in this one...

The truth is that I would really like to see all the villans you all have suggested, sans Zod. Braniac, Metallo, Mongul.

But when you come to think of it, doesn't all these characters have a good deal of background that needs to be set up in order for the next movie's less informed auiences to fully understand? We've not had a Superman movie with any of those characters. So ther's going to be a good deal of exposition that sets up these characters - whichever one is chosen. So is it that Darkseid has the MOST back history to set up? Is that what makes his appearance hinder on?

I wish that Brian had given a short mention of Braniac, Metallo, Darkseid or Mongul in SR. It would have been nice to have even the smallest mention of them so that it would have just gotten their names into the Superman movie universe. Instead, I think Bryan had tunnel vision when it came to Jason and New Krypton. Did anything else matter?

I'd just like to see Darkseid as the next villan. With Doomsday as his (uncontrollable) lackey. But I would still be very pleased with Braniac or Metallo.

And last, talking about setting things up, I wish that Bryan would set up the Batman/Superman movie in his next Superman film.

markaudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #121
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudette
The truth is that I would really like to see all the villans you all have suggested, sans Zod. Braniac, Metallo, Mongul.

But when you come to think of it, doesn't all these characters have a good deal of background that needs to be set up in order for the next movie's less informed auiences to fully understand? We've not had a Superman movie with any of those characters. So ther's going to be a good deal of exposition that sets up these characters - whichever one is chosen. So is it that Darkseid has the MOST back history to set up? Is that what makes his appearance hinder on?

I wish that Brian had given a short mention of Braniac, Metallo, Darkseid or Mongul in SR. It would have been nice to have even the smallest mention of them so that it would have just gotten their names into the Superman movie universe. Instead, I think Bryan had tunnel vision when it came to Jason and New Krypton. Did anything else matter?

I'd just like to see Darkseid as the next villan. With Doomsday as his (uncontrollable) lackey. But I would still be very pleased with Braniac or Metallo.

And last, talking about setting things up, I wish that Bryan would set up the Batman/Superman movie in his next Superman film.
Well, this is my vision for the sequel...

Make it a dark, "Empire Strikes Back"-like movie.

Darkseid comes to attack Earth. The military are powerless against him. Superman is powerless against him too and in the end sacrifices himself--- "Death of Superman" leaving it a cliffhanger with Lois crying and divorcing Jason, Perry resigning from the Planet, and Jimmy Olsen losing hope that a Savior or Messiah is out there for the people of Metropolis.

Then, the next movie Superman is resurrected and comes back to find his city in ruins, Darkseid's forces have taken over most of the globe, and Lex Luthor power-hungry as ever has joined forces with Darkseid even if he is a humanoid whom Darkseid despises.

Thus, an epic battle ensues, Superman saves the day, and unleashes powers he's never had before, and Metropolis and the world are restored.

NinjaTurtleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #122
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan
Well, this is my vision for the sequel...

Make it a dark, "Empire Strikes Back"-like movie.

Darkseid comes to attack Earth. The military are powerless against him. Superman is powerless against him too and in the end sacrifices himself--- "Death of Superman" leaving it a cliffhanger with Lois crying and divorcing Jason, Perry resigning from the Planet, and Jimmy Olsen losing hope that a Savior or Messiah is out there for the people of Metropolis.

Then, the next movie Superman is resurrected and comes back to find his city in ruins, Darkseid's forces have taken over most of the globe, and Lex Luthor power-hungry as ever has joined forces with Darkseid even if he is a humanoid whom Darkseid despises.

Thus, an epic battle ensues, Superman saves the day, and unleashes powers he's never had before, and Metropolis and the world are restored.
And people say that Superman Returns sucked

Old 11-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #123
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Darksied's too convoluted to work as a sequel villain, it would be a 5 hour long movie if they tried to fit DS' back story in and would cost way too much money to have DS and his armies before on screen, that's why brainiac is a better choice, plus he has more hsitory with Superman.
Superman the Animated Series was able to do it within an hour with minimal set up.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #124
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter
Superman the Animated Series was able to do it within an hour with minimal set up.
What works in a cartoon won't necessarily work in a feature film.

If you can't attack SR without attacking Bryan Singer's sexuality, then just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Freddy_Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #125
FlavWhite

Doomsday in the movie would be too intense for young kids(not that that matters nowadays) and Brainiac would leave some viewers puzzled. So screw all the all powerful, deadly villians and put Superman against Batman to really make people like me waste my light bill money and go see the movie!