The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 08-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #26
ANTOINE X
FLY

Default Re: Superman: The Reboot - How Would You Do It?

I just heard the news that superman is finally a reboot...First I am very happy to see an other superman movie but I don't know why they just didn't kept going instead of doing an other reboot.

One thing: please stop doing Lex vs Superman. I Know it's not easy but I hope WB will take the opportunity to develop other villains. this is really important to the future Superman Franchise.

http://www.fantasyfiction4real.com/
ANTOINE X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #27
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTOINE X View Post
One thing: please stop doing Lex vs Superman. I Know it's not easy but I hope WB will take the opportunity to develop other villains. this is really important to the future Superman Franchise.
agreed.
we HAVE to have a new villain besides Lex. and a big NO to Zod, too.
we need Bizarro or Darkseid. let's welcome new villains.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #28
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Patrick Warburton as Supes, lol.

That just bring back Emperor's New Groove and the live-action Tick series, haha. That dude is funny as hell, but no Clark Kent.

How about that Titan fella in that Gladiators show?

He was in that short film World's Finest; the guy who played Batman did a very crappy job, but "Titan" or whatever his name is did a pretty good job as Superman...don't know how good of his acting can be to its fullest, but we need a guy that is very built, possibly built larger than Bale(since Batman and Superman are more like as opposite as you can get with superheroes, especially in the DC realm), and also he's from a different planet and he has SUPER before the MAN...he needs to be very built. At least Tom Welling looked more in shape than Brandon Routh, lol.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #29
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTOINE X View Post
I just heard the news that superman is finally a reboot...First I am very happy to see an other superman movie but I don't know why they just didn't kept going instead of doing an other reboot.

I agree. I like Nolan's approach to Batman in using Joker and Two Face in part two. I think that Metallo should be the villian in part one and Lex should be a supporting character who villiany is revealed throughout the films.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #30
steelio2006
Side-Kick

i'm interested in seein how a Superman would be like in the Nolanverse. it'd be kind of cool. i kno lot of ppl aren't gonna agree with me on it tho. but yes, i agree Metallo should be villain in part one and Lex's villiany revealed throughout the films.

tho, they could do Superman: Birthright storyline. (like use some of the ideas from that to slowly reveal Lex's villainy) since he had it like Krypton was invading Metropolis in the last part of the book, which pissed off Supes when he found out that it was a gimmick to get Metropolis to not trust Supes anymore.

BLUDHAVEN
steelio2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #31
SuperDaniel
Banned User

My script: So far i'm finishing to write the first act. But here is what i plan to do.

Act 1:

- We open with Clark Kent around the world trying to do good. Especially in war of some kind created by new weapons fabricated by LexCorp. He helps the people. Imagine something like Peace on Earth. And eventually the war is over but thinks he needs to do more to inspire people so it wouldn't happen again. He needs to be a symbol of hope.

-Returns to Smallville to make the identity of Superman and as he returns to his home city, he remembers his childhood and learnings.

Act 2:

-Lexcorp is known for distribuiting technollogy around the world and making Metropolis the most advanced city on the planet. Luthor controls peoples lives.

-Lois is a truth seeking reporter who tries to reveal the world the true maniac Luthor is. Superman appears and works with Lois to bring down Luthor.

-There is no Metropolis Clark Kent and that is the twist! He just Superman at this point.

-We learn that the technollogy from LexCorp was based in a AI, UFO, the fell in the artic. Luthor found a way to control it and make good use of it for profit.

Act 3:

-The AI known as Brainiac takes over LexCorp and world's defense system to destroy Earth to make New Krypton.

-Superman learns the origins of his home planet he was seeking in the beggining and must chose between being a Kryptonian or protector of Earth.

-He choses both as he learns about the story of his father Jor-el and his sacrifice to save his life and Krypton.

-Brainiac vs Superman showdown in Brainiac's fortress in the Artic . World battle. Imagine: Army vs advanced technollogy. Superman is hurt but is saved by Lois Lane.

-Luthor finds a way to save people from Brainiac even though it was Jimmy Olsen who created a virus of some kind. He is revered as the saviour of manking and plans to candidate for President.

-Superman thinks he failed to be a hero because Luthor won.

ANd finally

-Inspired by Lois, he decides to act as a reporter, develop a new identity, to try to bring down Luthor adding Truth to his moral compass. The begginig of Lois & Clark relationship.

End

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
The Major
Side-Kick

Make it the Byrne version.

Use a villain different from Luthor. Any villain really. Metallo or Brainiac would be my top choices.

In the sequels bring Luthor in. Post-Crisis, the owner of LexCorp.

The Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #33
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well they could have lex in the film just not be the main baddie but a secondary villain/the person behind the big baddie and have the main villain be metallo, brainiac, etc......

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #34
ThePoisonPuppet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
My script: So far i'm finishing to write the first act. But here is what i plan to do.

Act 1:

- We open with Clark Kent around the world trying to do good. Especially in war of some kind created by new weapons fabricated by LexCorp. He helps the people. Imagine something like Peace on Earth. And eventually the war is over but thinks he needs to do more to inspire people so it wouldn't happen again. He needs to be a symbol of hope.

-Returns to Smallville to make the identity of Superman and as he returns to his home city, he remembers his childhood and learnings.

Act 2:

-Lexcorp is known for distribuiting technollogy around the world and making Metropolis the most advanced city on the planet. Luthor controls peoples lives.

-Lois is a truth seeking reporter who tries to reveal the world the true maniac Luthor is. Superman appears and works with Lois to bring down Luthor.

-There is no Metropolis Clark Kent and that is the twist! He just Superman at this point.

-We learn that the technollogy from LexCorp was based in a AI, UFO, the fell in the artic. Luthor found a way to control it and make good use of it for profit.

Act 3:

-The AI known as Brainiac takes over LexCorp and world's defense system to destroy Earth to make New Krypton.

-Superman learns the origins of his home planet he was seeking in the beggining and must chose between being a Kryptonian or protector of Earth.

-He choses both as he learns about the story of his father Jor-el and his sacrifice to save his life and Krypton.

-Brainiac vs Superman showdown in Brainiac's fortress in the Artic . World battle. Imagine: Army vs advanced technollogy. Superman is hurt but is saved by Lois Lane.

-Luthor finds a way to save people from Brainiac even though it was Jimmy Olsen who created a virus of some kind. He is revered as the saviour of manking and plans to candidate for President.

-Superman thinks he failed to be a hero because Luthor won.

ANd finally

-Inspired by Lois, he decides to act as a reporter, develop a new identity, to try to bring down Luthor adding Truth to his moral compass. The begginig of Lois & Clark relationship.

End
I really really like this.

On another note, I would like to see most of the actors from Superman Returns return. Especially Kevin Spacey who I thought was amazing. I like Luthor as evil but still a little quirky and with a sense of a humor. I think he is a good enough actor to adjust his portrayal to a politician-businessman type guy.

ThePoisonPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:31 AM   #35
metr0man
Side-Kick

Movie opens with Martha and Pa Kent driving along the road... explosion, meteor lands in the fields... they go there and find it was actually a ship... and there's a kid inside.

Roll credits

An adult Clark Kent arrives in Metropolis for the first time. meets Lois, Jimmy, seems like he's a normal guy... then bit by bit we start to see his strange powers.

Commence rest of the plot.

metr0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #36
The Major
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Well they could have lex in the film just not be the main baddie but a secondary villain/the person behind the big baddie and have the main villain be metallo, brainiac, etc......
Exactly.

I'd do that if Metallo was the villain.

With Brainiac as the villain Luthor would have a cameo or two settling up a confrontation between Superman and himself, with his own proxies who can fight for him, for a sequel.

Last edited by The Major; 08-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #37
ANTOINE X
FLY

I agree if luther is only in the background. Speaking of luther, If he comback I want Julian McMahon to play a more complex and less eccentric lex luther.

http://www.fantasyfiction4real.com/
ANTOINE X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #38
The Major
Side-Kick

McMahon would definitely be a better Luthor then Doom.

I'd prefer someone like Michael Ironside, Clancy Brown or the guy who was David Palmer's vice president in 24.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #39
iamsilvio
Side-Kick

Since they are going darker, I would tap into the human fear of aliens and peoples need for a "savior." Everyone knows that people fear beings of unemagenable power coming to earth and killing everyone. And just like in the Dark Knight where batmans presence indirectly heightens the criminals, I would make Supermans presence in the cosmos bring out some scary villians like Darkseid, Brainiac or Doomsday.

It would play into the feeling of hopelessness and fear that the Joker created, and create the pathos that superman is serverly lacking. He would question if he brought these superbeings to earth? And if so, should he leave earth forever? Can he stop them? What are his limits?

The public in turn would be wrapped in fear. Many would question: Can Superman stop Darksied and if not, what will happen to earth?

iamsilvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #40
iamsilvio
Side-Kick

Another problem with superman is that unlike batman, there is nothing driving him to help people other than his do gooder nature. Super man is an alien whose home world blew up. He should feel lost, out of place, disturbed, lonely etc. Those feelings make people act out in different ways. In super mans case, he fills up that void with doing good deeds. Maybe in the new super man the deeds are no longer lifting his spirits. I am not saying to make super man morose, but this would make him darker.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #41
iamsilvio
Side-Kick

Another problem with superman is that unlike batman, there is nothing driving him to help people other than his do gooder nature. Super man is an alien whose home world blew up. He should feel lost, out of place, disturbed, lonely etc. Those feelings make people act out in different ways. In super mans case, he fills up that void with doing good deeds. Maybe in the new super man the deeds are no longer lifting his spirits. I am not saying to make super man morose, but this would make him darker.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:43 AM   #42
SuperDaniel
Banned User

HOW WOULD I DO THE ORIGIN?

I believe it should be a mix of different stories and incarnations with little nods to everything.
It should be an origin in an non-liner way, different than what was done in S:TM.

We should first meet Clark when he's traveling around the world to solve problems and something attracts him to Metropolis. Something plausible. In my script, We first find him secretly helping people survive through a war in Caznia (A little nod to TAS and Peace on Earth). He would be bringing food to the helpless, protecting innocent people without actually interfering in thematic things. However, one side of the war starts to win fast because of advanced weapons. Lois is there covering it all with Jimmy taking photos of the destruction too. She suspects there is going to be some kind of a weapon deal between a terrorist faction from Caznia and some unknown people in the Harbour so she goes there to check. Clark is listening to it all and go there too and stops the transaction, taking care of the terrorists. Eventually, he manages to trace it all back to Metropolis and that's the reason he goes there in the first place.

Eventually the war is over but the side-effects are numerous. Countless injured, homeless,etc. Clark wonders if he is doing the right thing to act in secret. He thinks he needs to be something more, an exemple, a symbol. So he goes to Smallville to create the Superman idenitity with his parents. As he comes back to Smallville, he remembers his creation and learnings from his childhood, all done in flashbacks. Little nods to the Tornado sequence, Lana, Pete Ross and Superman for all seasons.

This is a way i found out to kinda put together Birthright, TAs, Superman for all seasons, Man of steel and various other stories from the comics and make it completely new and different than Donner's origin.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #43
SuperDaniel
Banned User

SUPERMAN IN MY SCRIPT:

The way i see is that Superman is who he is because of Smallville and only because of that. It's because he is a product of that very little utopian community. Continue with me on this.

Any person who lives in a small city knows this. Because it is small, you're closer to your neighbours. You share their lives, you know them personally, they're your friends. This doesnt happen in a big city that much. Everyone is a stranger in a big city.

Superman is a product of this way of life. Of hard work, of better days will come. Jonathan Kent is a farmer and in my script, for example, he uses what he knows and the way the country life works as a metaphor for Superman. I'm going to post here the scene:

EXT. FIELD - DAWN

On the horizon, the Sun rises majestically. JONATHAN is riding the tractor with CLARK on his lap. They're plowing the soil, making it proper for planting.

JONATHAN
Do you wanna give it a try?

JONATHAN points to the wheels of the tractor.

CLARK
What? I can't...

JONATHAN
(gently)
Come on. It's not that hard. I'll help you.

CLARK
Okay.

CLARK grabs the wheels of the Tractor, trying to do as good his father. He is scared but is also a fast learner.

JONATHAN
Keep it steady.
(beat)
There you go.

CLARK smiles proudly.

THE CAMERA PANS-UP SHOWING THEM RIDING THE TRACTOR THROUGH THE FIELD WITH THE SUN ON THE HORIZON.

DISSOLVES TO:

JONATHAN and CLARK now walk among the field, spreading the seeds through the soil.

JONATHAN (CONT'D)
Easy. Easy.

CLARK
Like that?

JONATHAN
Yeah. Very good.

CLARK
What happens next?

JONATHAN
Mother nature will take care of it.
(beat)
It will rain and, in time, it is going to grow to become like one of
those cornfields you saw. You see, everything is connected.
(beat)
I remember when you were born.
(beat)
It was probably the worst winter in Smallville’s history. I almost
couldn't bring the goods to Mr. Lang at the General Store.

CLARK
Lana's dad?

JONATHAN
Yep. We take what we harvest to them and then he distributes to the
community.
(beat)
If I hadn't fulfilled my duties in that day, other people in
Smallville wouldn't have survived through the hard times.
(beat)
By doing good to others, we'll always gain something in return.

CLARK listens. JONATHAN bends down, helps his son with the seeds and then looks at him, tear-eyed. He puts his arm over his shoulder and then looks at the sky.

THE CAMERA PANS-UP TO SHOW THE BEAUTY OF THE FIELD AND, IN THE DISTANCE, THE SUN.

So, when a Tornado comes later on and destroys this way of life, their friends houses, their community, you are able to relate with Superman and understand why he uses his powers for good. Why he is such a boy scout and an inspiration.

So basically, Superman takes this naive way of looking at the world outside of Smallville, spreading the word like Gandhi. Being a man of action, saving people. However, the world outside is a little bit big and bad, making things very difficult. Being and hero is not that easy as it seems.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #44
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca_frontino View Post
I just wrote that it would be cool to see a Supes movie where every subtle thing is possible and plausible. A movie that if you ask to a scientist if it could happen, he says "Yes!".
Laser beams are for Harry Potter and DBZ. I want a Superman based on the real world.
And BTW, Superman is not about powers. It's about what you do. It looks like YOU don't know what does mean to be Superman.
Okay,lol. Superman based on the real world? Then might as call it 'STEEL',and have some huge basketball player play him....
I think ur /trolling,what u want or think u want is not plausable,maybe in ur own mind.
To be honest I never read any superman comics,don't plan too,but Ive seen all the movies,tv shows,and understand what and who he is. His powers are a huge part of his being as well as what he does with them. I just can't take ur post as anything but trolling.
Now back on topic: I would prefer a darker topic as they are implying. I want to see acts of strength,wisdom(like to see that he has some brains not just brawn),and nastiness from superman. A villain that will push superman to the limits of all his abilities. A knock down drag out fight..I personally like to see Doomsday...Maybe at least the third movie if they make a trilogy..I think that would be one of the best climatic endings to a trilogy,having supes get killed

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #45
iamsilvio
Side-Kick

My Super man premise would go like this:

After Kripton explodes, a young alien boy lands on the planet New Genesis. There he grows to be a young man who cares deeply for the plight of people on the hellish planet Apokolips. Discovering that the slaves evil leader has gone on a mission of somekind, Super man goes to Apokolips, fights Darksides second in command, Calabak (sp) and frees the slaves. Angered by Superman breaking the pact between the two worlds, They expell him from New Genesis. He sets off through space, searching for a new home world and finds Earth. He struggles to settle in but eventually finds comfort in an elderly couple who take him in. Years past, and one day out of nowhere Darksied arrives on earth with a score to settle...

I think it works because just like the Dark Knight, Supermans presence in the cosmos brought trouble to Earth. He would feel conflicted by this, and would question if he should leave Earth forever?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #46
steelio2006
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
HOW WOULD I DO THE ORIGIN?

I believe it should be a mix of different stories and incarnations with little nods to everything.
It should be an origin in an non-liner way, different than what was done in S:TM.

We should first meet Clark when he's traveling around the world to solve problems and something attracts him to Metropolis. Something plausible. In my script, We first find him secretly helping people survive through a war in Caznia (A little nod to TAS and Peace on Earth). He would be bringing food to the helpless, protecting innocent people without actually interfering in thematic things. However, one side of the war starts to win fast because of advanced weapons. Lois is there covering it all with Jimmy taking photos of the destruction too. She suspects there is going to be some kind of a weapon deal between a terrorist faction from Caznia and some unknown people in the Harbour so she goes there to check. Clark is listening to it all and go there too and stops the transaction, taking care of the terrorists. Eventually, he manages to trace it all back to Metropolis and that's the reason he goes there in the first place.

Eventually the war is over but the side-effects are numerous. Countless injured, homeless,etc. Clark wonders if he is doing the right thing to act in secret. He thinks he needs to be something more, an exemple, a symbol. So he goes to Smallville to create the Superman idenitity with his parents. As he comes back to Smallville, he remembers his creation and learnings from his childhood, all done in flashbacks. Little nods to the Tornado sequence, Lana, Pete Ross and Superman for all seasons.

This is a way i found out to kinda put together Birthright, TAs, Superman for all seasons, Man of steel and various other stories from the comics and make it completely new and different than Donner's origin.
i like it.

BLUDHAVEN
Old 08-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #47
The Major
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomics View Post
Okay,lol. Superman based on the real world? Then might as call it 'STEEL',and have some huge basketball player play him....
There's nothing wrong with Steel's concept. Don't let the film fool you.

They hire a basketball player as the lead in a crappy film which doesn't come close to showing its full potential.

Did you expect TDK quality from it?

Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #48
steelio2006
Side-Kick

STEEL could use a reboot. make us forget bout the Shaqfest.

BLUDHAVEN
Old 08-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #49
The Major
Side-Kick

Catwoman and Birds of Prey need a reboot, as well.

Such potential wasted

Old 08-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #50
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelio2006 View Post
STEEL could use a reboot. make us forget bout the Shaqfest.
Thanks, but I'd rather see Steel remain on the fringes of the Superman mythos. Ditto for Catwoman and the Birds of Prey in Batman's world.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote