The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Old 02-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default TITAN COMICS to produce Tekken series

Quote:
Titan Comics are thrilled to announce the phenomenal creative team of writer Cavan Scott (Doctor Who, Vikings: Uprising) and artist Andie Tong (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) who kick-off the exciting new Tekken comic series in May, 2017!

Based on the smash hit video game series, Titan is working closely with Bandai Namco Entertainment to deliver exciting in-universe tales. Hitting stores in May 2017, sensational new comic series will tap into Tekken’s rich history, and will feature memorable characters from the celebrated video game canon including Jin Kazama, Heihachi Mishima, Yoshimitsu, Nina Williams and Paul Phoenix.

“I’m so excited to be bringing the explosive world of Tekken back to comics.” said writer Cavan Scott, “I’ve been a fan of the series ever since I slipped the first game into my PlayStation back in 1995. We’re having great fun delving into the series’ history to bring back some familiar faces, along with all the fan-favorite fighters you’d expect. There’s going to be intrigue, danger and, of course, knock-out battles galore!”

This hotly anticipated debut issue comes with five art covers to collect by artists Alex Ronald (Mycroft Holmes), Andie Tong, Anton Kokarev (Evil Dead 2: Beyond Dead By Dawn), Jimbo Salgado (Assassin’s Creed® Uprising), and Nick Percival (Dark Souls).

Titan Comics’ Tekken #1 hits stores and digital platforms in May, 2017 and is available for order from the March edition of Previews.
Here are some sneak peek images:

Sources:

http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...ack-comics-may

http://www.newsarama.com/33219-tekke...tive-team.html

Now I hope this isn't just a direct Tekken 7 tie in as I'd like to see Tekken's overall history explored in an engaging way. Especially from Tekken 2 onwards

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
sweetre15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: TITAN COMICS to produce Tekken series

Oh damn I need to find these.