The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #251
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Re: How Many Trades Do You Own ???

I have 11 trades. 6 Walking Dead, 3 the Stuff of Legend, and 2 Iconic (small printing company that I write for). I'm not a huge fan of trades but am considering looking into them more. It's just figuring out if I want to shift from back issues to trades and whether the trades contain the issues in the order that I want.

I've recently begun going through the X-Men trades and there are definately some gaps that bug me. Like how X-Men (eventually Legacy) has most of its run collected from the beginning through the Age of Apocalypse, save issues 17-24 (some of my favorite issues). It's hit and miss after that until Dream's End, but it looks like they're filling it in.

I'm not one who likes having a mixed collection (comics and trades) so if I can't get all the comics in trades, I'd rather not have any trades.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #252
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATS N' HORNETS View Post
I am currently at 188. I got Superman: Man of Steel Vol. 7 (John Byrne). I am currently reading Trail of the Catwoman Vol. 1. I want to read a bunch of X-men books next!
I'm so glad they've restarting reprinting the rest of Byrne's Superman run that I eventually started buying up all the floppies for cheap when Wolfman, Ordway and Jurgens handled the titles into the triangle era.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #253
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

update: 191 books with new additions...

Iron Man Armor Wars Prologue/Armor Wars
X-Men Proteus
X-men Mutant Genesis

Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #254
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

I forgot about this thread. And I realized I need to stop buying books. Now. I have ovr 250 various comic related collected books. That's just... damn. And there's so much more that I want. This is getting up there with the dvds I've accumulated.

Latest addition from last night was Swamp Thing vol 1: Raise Them Bones from Strand because it was near half price. Waiting for that to drop.

Last edited by NDX; 05-19-2013 at 08:15 PM.
NDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #255
BillPardy
Side-Kick

I'm going to guess that I have around a thousand trades at least. I tried to count them once, but got bored of it around 700.

I grew up in a small town with no comic shop, so easiest way to read was trades. Now that I live in the city I buy a trade or two a week.

BillPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #256
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I currently have 17 Essential Marvel & DC Archive books, definitely will be adding more.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #257
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

About 517 Marvel trades currently and then the odd other series such as Preacher, 300 and Watchmen.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #258
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Do you have any problems with your Runaways digests? I've had a few of those marvel digests fall apart. Every vol 1 I've checked out (or bought) have all had the first 20 or so pages fall out. Vol 4 fell apart on me, as well. My vol 4 is the same as yours, while vol 1 was the newest printing. Arana vol 1 fell out of the cover as well.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #259
BillPardy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
Do you have any problems with your Runaways digests? I've had a few of those marvel digests fall apart. Every vol 1 I've checked out (or bought) have all had the first 20 or so pages fall out. Vol 4 fell apart on me, as well. My vol 4 is the same as yours, while vol 1 was the newest printing. Arana vol 1 fell out of the cover as well.
My girlfriend has the Runaways in digest format, with no problems at all.

BillPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #260
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I want those two shelves of toys. I'm not even into the toy thing and I want those. If nothing else I want that Iron Fist, though I prefer the more modern look than the classic one.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #261
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

I now have 192... my newest is VENGEANCE OF VENOM. It basically is the old VENOM RETURNS tpb but it has a few more stories, including Trial of Venom

Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #262
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

That's a good one there. Happy to have that for the Carnage issues (still remember buying those back in 1992) and having it lead to Maximum Carnage.

Picked up 5 Green Lantern trades for $15. The Sinestro Corps War book alone is $30, so I'm happy.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #263
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
That's a good one there. Happy to have that for the Carnage issues (still remember buying those back in 1992) and having it lead to Maximum Carnage.

Picked up 5 Green Lantern trades for $15. The Sinestro Corps War book alone is $30, so I'm happy.
Wow... What a deal.

Yeah I'm on a bit of a Spider-man binge lately. I usually stay away from anthologies, but I did find Spider-Man vs. Doctor Octopus TPB. Great read for Ock fans. It was released in conjunction with Spider-man 2 and has some especially good stories in it.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #264
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Gotta love the Salvation Army. Hope when I go back they have some more. Or at least a movie or 2. I'm not picky.

All my Spidey books are Venom related in some fashion. I really loved the character back 20 years ago, so I had to get those books. Having Venom: Lethal Protector makes it feel complete. Looking forward to that Venom trade coming soon that collects 3 of those minis that followed.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #265
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Venom rules! (Eddie Brock that is).

Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #266
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

I wasn't a fan for a long time, but I couldn't deny how much I loved the character as a kid. So when I went back and read the old books, I remember why I was such a fan. So I stick with those stories, no matter how goofy some of them might be.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #267
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

192... Marvel, DC and miscellaneous.

Comics N' Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #268
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Gotta love the Salvation Army. Hope when I go back they have some more. Or at least a movie or 2. I'm not picky.

All my Spidey books are Venom related in some fashion. I really loved the character back 20 years ago, so I had to get those books. Having Venom: Lethal Protector makes it feel complete. Looking forward to that Venom trade coming soon that collects 3 of those minis that followed.
Funeral Pyre, the Madness, and the Enemy Within. I'll be getting that one myself eventually. That's actually right where I stopped reading those minis, so that's a great point to stop the trade.

As for Vengeance of Venom, I picked it up recently (along with Lethal Protector) at Half Priced Books and loved all it contained. I actually thought Trial of Venom was a bit crappy (I've never read it before) and would have rather they'd included the Vault. I'm also a little bummed that they skipped out on Spirits of Venom. Fortunately, I found the Vault for 70 cents and bought it (should be in today hopefully) and there's an old tpb for Spirits of Venom that I'll get eventually.

I still need to pick up Birth of Venom and Maximum Carnage, but I'm liking this old Venom collection. I was a huge fan of his in the 90s.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 06-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #269
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

I gotta find myself a copy of Spirits of Venom as well, but thankfully I have the original issues, so I can always fall back on that. Seeing as most, if not all of my Ghost Rider comics from the 90s are worthless, I'm tempted to get them bound in a hardcover, and just double dip some key issues to keep and possibly even display. I doubt I'm going to get any other trades from Marvel for that series. Which sucks so much.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #270
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I considered binding the 90s Ghost Rider myself but it'd be a far-off project. There are a lot of others I'd want to bind first and I'm in no position to bind anything else for the foreseeable future.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #271
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

It's really the only series I have that's complete that's not Death's Head II. That, and the books that are associated with the Midnight Sons. I'd want to get a few more cameos GR made in other books and find the proper order within the series, but in the end, it would all look better on my shelf then in a box being unread.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #272
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I had Death's Head II collected to completion and nearly sent it out to be bound once but I was just so annoyed at all the 90s TnA. I eventually sold it, though I loved the character. I sorta regret that though and will probably buy it again in time.

As for Ghost Rider, I once had it up through the Siege of Darkness run and loved it, but then I hit money issues and had to sell it (and most of my collection). I might try to get those back in time but not immediately. There are a lot of other things I'm buying back first, primarily X-Men and Spider-Man.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #273
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I had Death's Head II collected to completion and nearly sent it out to be bound once but I was just so annoyed at all the 90s TnA. I eventually sold it, though I loved the character. I sorta regret that though and will probably buy it again in time.

As for Ghost Rider, I once had it up through the Siege of Darkness run and loved it, but then I hit money issues and had to sell it (and most of my collection). I might try to get those back in time but not immediately. There are a lot of other things I'm buying back first, primarily X-Men and Spider-Man.
Oh that's right. You are the guy who binds most of his comics. You once gave me advice on binding (back when I was known around here as BATS N' HORNETS). I had hardbound DC's Peter David Phantom mini-series, a bunch of random Batman issues, The Shadow Strikes complete run and uncollected Phantom issues from Moonstone comics.

Comics N' Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #274
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post

Both should be pretty cheap to get, and not all that hard. I think there's only 1 issue of Death's Head II I'm missing, and that's the last one. I have all the minis and offshoots complete except for the 2 Death Metal minis. At least Marvel put together Death's Head in 2 trades over in the UK, I couldn't find myself binding those books, plus I only have, like, 4 of the 10 that came out.

I just want a complete Rise of the Midnight Sons trade put together, with the few side issues in Gr/Blaze: SOV books, particularly issue 3. That Skinner issues was the best of the crossover.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #275
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
Oh that's right. You are the guy who binds most of his comics. You once gave me advice on binding (back when I was known around here as BATS N' HORNETS). I had hardbound DC's Peter David Phantom mini-series, a bunch of random Batman issues, The Shadow Strikes complete run and uncollected Phantom issues from Moonstone comics.
Awesome. I had tons of my comics bound and then decided that I didn't like how I did them. Having more experience, I wanted to do something different, and needing cash, I ended up selling most of what I'd done. I only have 11 volumes now including Bendis' Daredevil (2 volumes), Final Crisis, Immortal Iron Fist (2 volumes... which I kinda want to redo), Midnight Nation, Jenkins' Sentry, Millar's Ultimates vols 1 and 2 (together in 1 volume), and the complete X-Men 2099 (3 volumes). I still want to do more but it just isn't an option right now. We're trying to pay off our van and eventually buy a house, so I won't be binding for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX
I just want a complete Rise of the Midnight Sons trade put together, with the few side issues in Gr/Blaze: SOV books, particularly issue 3. That Skinner issues was the best of the crossover.
That Skinner issue was always my favorite as well. In fact, the Rise of the Midnight Sons arc was fantastic and my favorite Ghost Rider story to date. I honestly have no idea why it's never been collected. It was a big deal at the time.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and