The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 AM   #51
SatEL
Banned User

Default Re: WB and DC meeting for a summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
LOL, yup. You do know Jack Black was seriously attached to GL at one time right?
Kilowog for the win.

I kid.

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 AM   #52
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ita-KalEl View Post

There isn't any confirmation that the MOS can't be a great success like TDK.
We are speculating it only because this forum there are people that criticize the movie. But TIH has recently showed that a united fanbase means nothing for the success of a movie.
Let's be real. MOS has a much tougher road in front of it. 220 is the max I can see for a sequel.

If it wasn't for my personal belief in the character of Superman's popularity, I'd agree that it wouldn't be financially worth it to risk a sequel dispite my love of SR.

And Marvel shafted Hulk ( not that I think the character is that popular in the first place) in the rear in favor of Iron Man. We didn't even get a trailer until like March. Hulk's shortcomings is Marvel's fault alone.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:28 AM   #53
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Let's be real. MOS has a much tougher road in front of it. 220 is the max I can see for a sequel.

If it wasn't for my personal belief in the character of Superman's popularity, I'd agree that it wouldn't be financially worth it to risk a sequel dispite my love of SR.

And Marvel shafted Hulk ( not that I think the character is that popular in the first place) in the rear in favor of Iron Man. We didn't even get a trailer until like March. Hulk's shortcomings is Marvel's fault alone.
I don't know. It depends by the marketing. I doubt that at WB someone thinks that Superman doesn't deserve anymore any credit.

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:35 AM   #54
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post

we are talking here about the US marketing. the europe marketing is always the same. and worldwide it also didnt break any records.
its not just marvels fault.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:40 AM   #55
Ultimate_Superman
Banned User

The thing is I see them talking more about GL, Wonder Woman, Flash and Captain Marvel and Justice League and Green Arrow then Superman and Batman. I mean Superman and Batman are already established however I do think they might have DC come in and give their input on how to better both those two heroes but I see DC being more hands on with their other properties and becoming more hands on with the thrid Batman movie and thrid Superman movie (I say third Superman movie because they are now doing casting for Man Of Steel which means the script is down and everything is moving forward on it).

Ultimate_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #56
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Praise Jeebus. Bout fraking time.
damn ****ing right.... as if they had to have a major meeting to hammer this all out. God, I swear everything I just read was common sense conclusions, that should have been realized well before BB even came out, and kick started WB's 'new generation' superhero movies.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #57
GreenKToo
In the fire

I've read numerous posts over the last couple of years that wished for W.B. to do this. Mine included.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #58
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I've read numerous posts over the last couple of years that wished for W.B. to do this. Mine included.
I was more along the lines of: this should have already been in their heads around 2000. Why a decade late? Moreover, did this stuff really need a meeting. They could have had any number of comicbookfilm nerds hammer out an outline for them.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #59
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Superman View Post
The thing is I see them talking more about GL, Wonder Woman, Flash and Captain Marvel and Justice League and Green Arrow then Superman and Batman. I mean Superman and Batman are already established however I do think they might have DC come in and give their input on how to better both those two heroes but I see DC being more hands on with their other properties and becoming more hands on with the thrid Batman movie and thrid Superman movie (I say third Superman movie because they are now doing casting for Man Of Steel which means the script is down and everything is moving forward on it).
Why on Earth would DC become more hands on with the third Batman movie? That franchise is gold right now and Nolan knows what he is doing unlike Singer with the Superman franchise. TDK is looking to be an absolute juggernaut both critically and at the BO. Nolan already has Goyer and perhaps he will bring in another consultant in the same capacity he did with Jerry Robinson but outside of that, there is no reason whatsoever to even think about tinkering with Nolan's franchise. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Singer's Superman needs the added DC help, not Nolan's Batman.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #60
Ultimate_Superman
Banned User

Quote:
Why on Earth would DC become more hands on with the third Batman movie? That franchise is gold right now and Nolan knows what he is doing unlike Singer with the Superman franchise. TDK is looking to be an absolute juggernaut both critically and at the BO. Nolan already has Goyer and perhaps he will bring in another consultant in the same capacity he did with Jerry Robinson but outside of that, there is no reason whatsoever to even think about tinkering with Nolan's franchise. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Singer's Superman needs the added DC help, not Nolan's Batman.
I say Nolan's Batman because at the same time you need to look into the future when Nolan leaves and how to sync up his Batman with the rest of the DCU right now you can sync it up with Singer's Superman barely but in order to do it with the rest of the DCU DC might need to get more involed. Also Singer's Superman movies wasn't that bad and in need of that much help really. You know if Man of Steel turns out to be this huge box office hit still following off of Singer's theme I have a funny feeling people's tune will change about Superman Returns and Singer just like how it did with X-Men. I mean with the first X-Men movie people had their doubts about Singer been when the second movie came out and you saw how both linked up people changed their tune real quick and I have a feeling the same will be said with this series.

Ultimate_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #61
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Nah, you're right, it's just a theory. But the timing seems pretty convenient. Then again, JLA was planned before the success of IM and perhaps this meeting is to address the supposed collapse of the JLA film and how to move forward with the solo characters. I'm sure all that will be thrown around.
I'm sure it will all be thrown around, should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I only mention it because they don't make any mention of MOS, not only because its supposedly going to start filming next year, but its also one of the only two established franchises WB has right now, and it doesn't mention MOS at all.
I'm not sure why Variety not mentioning it is interesting, if WB doesn't mention it at the meetings, then that is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatEL View Post
You get a bunch of morons in a room and the only idea's they are going to be throwing around is moron ideas. The only hope is the DC team who can tell them how vital it is to stick with the source material.
Here's to hoping.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #62
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Yeah.. Maybe the DC staff can pull the Hollywood suits out of the 1930's. It's almost like Hollywood thinks the characters haven't changed with the times.

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #63
Dark Knight
Banned User

To me this would be a good way to tie in MOS in 2010 and Nolans 3rd Bat film in hopefully 2011.

There are ways. Instead of thinking there is no way...try and find a way.

You use Bales Batman as more the detective and investigator who is doing more of the mysterious behind the scenes work in the JL film. For instance at the ending of the 3rd Nolan Bat trilogy in 2011...Gordon can say something to Batman that he heard a certain reporter from Metropolis named Clark Kent would like to interview Bruce Wayne. Bam....the the general movie audience and fans would love it! Then in the beginning of the JL film in 2012....the filmmakers can already establish from that "interview" they figured out eachothers identities and that was Supermans way to reach out to Batman for help against a "large" threat to Earth (perhaps Darkseid or the White Martians) that was insinuated at the end of MOS.

Get it?

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #64
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
Interesting. Hopefully we'll hear something soon on not just Superman but other DC character properties.
And hopefully it doesnt involve anyone by the names of DJ Cotrona or Armie Hammer...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #65
RobinWB
Banned User

LOL! it would be cool if Justice Leauge was announced, and TOM WELLING WAS ANNOUNCED AS SUPES!!

RobinWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #66
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Cool...but not happening.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #67
RobinWB
Banned User

you dont know that unless your part of Ms cleo and her psychic friends!lol

Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 AM   #68
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinWB View Post
Please read more threads before you make snappy comments about people. Get to know who they are first.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 AM   #69
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post

I'm not sure why Variety not mentioning it is interesting, if WB doesn't mention it at the meetings, then that is interesting.
It's interesting indeed, but my experience tells me that when Variety talks about something, we don't have to read between the lines. I remember when they wrote that the flight scene of the Iron Man trailer wouldn't have been in the movie. There was a mega debate about why Iron Man doesn't fly in the movie. LOL

In the article Superman isn't mentioned, but there isn't even a bad word about Superman Returns. Using the logic if at WB they want to plan a strategy for their sh franchises, it's a sure bet that Superman will be part of it.

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #70
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It would be a little strange for WB to bring back the Smallville JL for next season with Tom Welling and then have a Justice League on screen with different actors and Tom Welling. I don't need Ms Cleo to tell me that.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #71
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Please read more threads before you make snappy comments about people. Get to know who they are first.
We are so misunderstood.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #72
RobinWB
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
It would be a little strange for WB to bring back the Smallville JL for next season with Tom Welling and then have a Justice League on screen with different actors and Tom Welling. I don't need Ms Cleo to tell me that.
it could still be done, its not like there going into production right now! and there would be some continuity and familiarity! Many people didnt see Superman returns because they thought Routh's acting was wooden and monotone, and wanted Welling for Supes!!

Old 07-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #73
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
it could still be done, its not like there going into production right now! and there would be some continuity and familiarity! Many people didnt see Superman returns because they thought Routh's acting was wooden and monotone, and wanted Welling for Supes!!
so those people didnt like Brandons acting in the trailer? because if they didnt see the movie then they couldnt know how brandon was. so they didnt like the whole movie based on a 2 minute trailer.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #74
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Could be done, but won't be done. It isn't in the cards right now.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #75
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick

Quote:
The people that didn't see Superman Returns (in theaters) didn't see it because it didn't particularly interest them. It had nothing to do with Brandon Routh's acting ability.

If you can't attack SR without attacking Bryan Singer's sexuality, then just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Freddy_Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote