The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #76
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Default Re: WB and DC meeting for a summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinWB View Post
it could still be done, its not like there going into production right now! and there would be some continuity and familiarity! Many people didnt see Superman returns because they thought Routh's acting was wooden and monotone, and wanted Welling for Supes!!
Yeah, those Smallville fanboys probably boycotted the movie because their boy wasn't in it.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #77
dsfjr1190
Side-Kick

They want someone who can't act for Supes? I say keep Routh, but reboot the series.

dsfjr1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #78
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

If WB chooses a reboot, Routh will not be involved.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #79
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
So Show, is the fact that WB and DC lose the rights to Superman in 2013 one reason as to why they're not doing a reboot?

AragornKing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #80
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Quote:
And I'd be fine with that. Routh wasn't given a lot to work with but that only means we don't know what he could do with a good script. I would regret not having Spacey afforded the opportunity to play Lexcorp Lex though. I think he would nail it ...but I would prefer a total reboot over continuing with this Singer/Donner hybrid.

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #81
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornKing1 View Post
So Show, is the fact that WB and DC lose the rights to Superman in 2013 one reason as to why they're not doing a reboot?
I really have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler View Post
And I'd be fine with that. Routh wasn't given a lot to work with but that only means we don't know what he could do with a good script. I would regret not having Spacey afforded the opportunity to play Lexcorp Lex though. I think he would nail it ...but I would prefer a total reboot over continuing with this Singer/Donner hybrid.
A lot of people agree. I just want to be able to enjoy another Superman movie.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #82
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler View Post

Though I won't go an see any SR sequel, I'll be there for the reboot.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #83
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
A lot of people agree. I just want to be able to enjoy another Superman movie.
If you enjoyed the first, which I know you did, then I put the SR sequel will be right up your alley

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #84
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
If you enjoyed the first, which I know you did, then I put the SR sequel will be right up your alley
Maybe, I might not. I loved Spiderman and Spiderman 2, hated the 3rd. How can you know either way until it happens? I would want to enjoy any Superman movie that is made, but you can't know if you will until you see it.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #85
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Maybe, I might not. I loved Spiderman and Spiderman 2, hated the 3rd. How can you know either way until it happens? I would want to enjoy any Superman movie that is made, but you can't know if you will until you see it.
I just have a feeling that if it happens (seems that way) then you will probably enjoy it immensely.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #86
Mikelus
Islander

This whole SR sequel soap opera is getting ridiculous, what the hell is WB waiting to make a final decision? They don't know what they want, one day is JL going forward, then is SR, then is JL again, then back to SR.....enough!! Either way, I'm not losing any sleep because of it.

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #87
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
This whole SR sequel soap opera is getting ridiculous, what the hell is WB waiting to make a final decision? They don't know what they want, one day is JL going forward, then is SR, then is JL again, then back to SR.....enough!! Either way, I'm not losing any sleep because of it.
Well, from the sounds of things, it seems that WB had plans to do a sequel to Superman Returns for months.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #88
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Well, from the sounds of things, it seems that WB had plans to do a sequel to Superman Returns for months.
Then why shop for a reinvention or listen to other ideas and different pitches?

At this point, I would just like something official. Does anyone know, or have you heard, anything about prominent DC panels at SDCC. I wasn't really planning on attending any this year, but maybe some industrious soul will ask a question about Superman...

Old 07-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #89
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Then why shop for a reinvention or listen to other ideas and different pitches?

At this point, I would just like something official. Does anyone know, or have you heard, anything about prominent DC panels at SDCC. I wasn't really planning on attending any this year, but maybe some industrious soul will ask a question about Superman...

Well, we don't really know if they really are listening to other ideas or different pitches. The only insiders saying that are Steve and Jayne from SaveSuperman.com but Steve doesn't seem very convinced now and always changes his words around, but what do I know. As for DC panels, there will be one for Smallville and I think Superman comic book panels, and of course for Watchmen, but that's it I think.

hgjhjhghjghjhytfgdhfghghh

Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #90
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Well, we don't really know if they really are listening to other ideas or different pitches. The only insiders saying that are Steve and Jayne from SaveSuperman.com but Steve doesn't seem very convinced now and always changes his words around, but what do I know. As for DC panels, there will be one for Smallville and I think Superman comic book panels, and of course for Watchmen, but that's it I think.
Does anyone know if Bruce Timm will be there? I don't want to talk to Synder if he's there. Are there any animation panels? LOL...I could go to the site and find this out, but I figure someone here has to know

Anyway, what was the LL post all about, Aragorn? Regardless, we will have to wait for something official until it's totally settled and the ink is dry.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #91
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does anyone know if Bruce Timm will be there? I don't want to talk to Synder if he's there. Are there any animation panels? LOL...I could go to the site and find this out, but I figure someone here has to know

Anyway, what was the LL post all about, Aragorn? Regardless, we will have to wait for something official until it's totally settled and the ink is dry.
Well, yeah that's true, but I believe Showtime said that that Louis Leterrier comment was old and not current but ask Showtime. He would know these things, ha ha.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #92
Superman-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they do, I would shoot my head off.

Quote:
LOL! it would be cool if Justice Leauge was announced, and TOM WELLING WAS ANNOUNCED AS SUPES!!
No.

If Welling becomes as Superman, I'll scream right at Warner Bros.

Quote:
it could still be done, its not like there going into production right now! and there would be some continuity and familiarity! Many people didnt see Superman returns because they thought Routh's acting was wooden and monotone, and wanted Welling for Supes!!
Brandon Routh IS Superman.

Tom Welling IS NOT Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Yeah, those Smallville fanboys probably boycotted the movie because their boy wasn't in it.
Their loss.

Last edited by Superman-Prime; 07-12-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Superman-Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #93
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Well, yeah that's true, but I believe Showtime said that that Louis Leterrier comment was old and not current but ask Showtime. He would know these things, ha ha.
I bet you would believe Showtime if he told you....

Old 07-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #94
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I bet you would believe Showtime if he told you....
Well, yes because he is very credible. But when all the insiders, besides Steve and Jayne, are saying that a sequel is happening, I have to go with the majority. But that's just me.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #95
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol

Old 07-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #96
Nixon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Leterrier himself said that comment wasn't nearly the deal that everybody was making it out to be over on that AICN talkback.

And really, I mean, looking at the critical and commercial reaction people are having to the Hulk; fanboygasm aside, I don't know that he'd necessarily be the go-to-guy for a franchise turn around.

Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #97
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Leterrier himself said that comment wasn't nearly the deal that everybody was making it out to be over on that AICN talkback.

And really, I mean, looking at the critical and commercial reaction people are having to the Hulk; fanboygasm aside, I don't know that he'd necessarily be the go-to-guy for a franchise turn around.
Exactly.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #98
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol

What's so funny? You don't find Showtime credible, or do you not want to accept the fact that a reboot is most likely not happening?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #99
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
What's so funny? You don't find Showtime credible, or do you not want to accept the fact that a reboot is most likely not happening?
I can accept a sequel. I have plans not to see it. However, your devotion is funny. That is what I was laughing at. God forbid Showtime ever be wrong or the information be incorrect and not pan out the way you want...I feel your little heart will be crushed

Old 07-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #100
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can accept a sequel. I have plans not to see it. However, your devotion is funny. That is what I was laughing at. God forbid Showtime ever be wrong or the information be incorrect and not pan out the way you want...I feel your little heart will be crushed

Oh no my friend. Like Showtime, I don't care if we get a reboot or a sequel to Superman Returns. I'm just going by my instincts, ha ha. Besides, WB and DC are losing the rights to Superman in 2013 so I don't think that there is any way for them to do a reboot, unless they do Steve's reboot trilogy idea, filming three Superman movies back to back to back.