The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #101
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: WB and DC meeting for a summit

lol...

You are funny. Anyways, to get this back on track. I don't care if the SR sequel happens. I don't think it will do well if it does, and I really want a Supes cartoon more at this point.

WB needs to interest kids in this like they did with The Batman.

Superman needs a damn cartoon.

charl_huntress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #102
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
lol

LOL, stop laughing dude.

AragornKing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #103
charl_huntress

you're funny man. You're like Showtime sychophant...

Last edited by charl_huntress; 07-12-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #104
Thunder Emperor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Yeah, those Smallville fanboys probably boycotted the movie because their boy wasn't in it.
Mostly because the movie was a bastardization of an iconic character BY A director with no vision.

Oldguy:"Nolan and Goyer voluntarily submitted their script to be reviewed by Paul Levitz and other DC staffers, just to make sure they didn't **** up Batman. That should be standard operating procedure for Super-hero movies."
Thunder Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #105
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
you're funny man. You're like Showtime sychopant...

No I'm not. His info is more consistent than Steve's. Don't listen to Steve just because he's telling you what you want to hear. If the sequel is announced after the release of The Dark Knight, I get to laugh at you.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #106
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol...

You are funny. Anyways, to get this back on track. I don't care if the SR sequel happens. I don't think it will do well if it does, and I really want a Supes cartoon more at this point.

WB needs to interest kids in this like they did with The Batman.

Superman needs a damn cartoon.
Isn't that Legion of Superheroes show technically a Superman show?

Lord Blackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #107
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Blackbolt View Post
Isn't that Legion of Superheroes show technically a Superman show?
No, I can answer this defintively because I questioned every single one of the creators.

LOSH was never his show. It may have been his show at one point when it was Superboy and the LOSH, but the legal issues over Superman/Superboy changed that.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #108
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornKing1 View Post
No I'm not. His info is more consistent than Steve's. Don't listen to Steve just because he's telling you what you want to hear. If the sequel is announced after the release of The Dark Knight, I get to laugh at you.
I don't listen to anyone named Steve, and I had never even heard of this Steve person before you kept mentioning him. I'm just laughing at your Showtime "love". You two should hook up...
Get a damn room so he can tell you all his secrets....

Like I've said before, I will not see the sequel if it happens, so that's that. You can't laugh at me if there is an official announcement because that's all I want...something official. However, I assure you I WILL LAUGH AT YOUR HYSTERICALLY if God forbid...Showtime's information doesn't pan out as correct

My thing is I've seen WB annouce at least three Superman movies in the past, and everything seemed legit, but nothing ever panned out. I can't see them being so hush on a sequel if they have "always" been planning to come out with one. Why the secrecy?

You know I want a reboot, but until the official stuff then this all still seems like speculation.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #109
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinWB View Post
it could still be done, its not like there going into production right now! and there would be some continuity and familiarity! Many people didnt see Superman returns because they thought Routh's acting was wooden and monotone, and wanted Welling for Supes!!
I know of no one who didn't go see the movie because they thought Routh's acting was wooden....everyone who didn't go see it were either not interested in Superman, comics, the way the suit looked, etc.....

Routh was basicly a complete unknown....99.99% of the world didn't have a clue as to his acting ability.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #110
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't listen to anyone named Steve, and I had never even heard of this Steve person before you kept mentioning him. I'm just laughing at your Showtime "love". You two should hook up...
Get a damn room so he can tell you all his secrets....

Like I've said before, I will not see the sequel if it happens, so that's that. You can't laugh at me if there is an official announcement because that's all I want...something official. However, I assure you I WILL LAUGH AT YOUR HYSTERICALLY if God forbid...Showtime's information doesn't pan out as correct

My thing is I've seen WB annouce at least three Superman movies in the past, and everything seemed legit, but nothing ever panned out. I can't see them being so hush on a sequel if they have "always" been planning to come out with one. Why the secrecy?

You know I want a reboot, but until the official stuff then this all still seems like speculation.
LOL, you're funny too man. But yeah ok you're right. It's all speculation at this point that's true. And yes you get to laugh at me if Showtime turns out to be wrong...but it's not just Showtime that's saying this too. There's also Jett from BatmanOnFilm, FilmNerdJamie, and many other webmasters and writers that they're talking to. Not to mention that Excel on here also has an insider that mentions WB wants a Superman movie as their headliner in 2010, and it sounds like a sequel to Superman Returns. But it's all speculation until the an official announcement.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #111
charl_huntress

Quote:
LOL, you're funny too man. But yeah ok you're right. It's all speculation at this point that's true. And yes you get to laugh at me if Showtime turns out to be wrong...but it's not just Showtime that's saying this too. There's also Jett from BatmanOnFilm, FilmNerdJamie, and many other webmasters and writers that they're talking to. Not to mention that Excel on here also has an insider that mentions WB wants a Superman movie as their headliner in 2010, and it sounds like a sequel to Superman Returns. But it's all speculation until the an official announcement.
I won't laugh at you though

I just feel like some of these folks, like your Steve and Jayne (whoever) are just as biased as everyone else, and I have worked in Hollywood and I do know **** changes with the wind.

I'm hoping someone answers about the SDCC panels. I usually hear good questions if someone is prepped. Plus, if they are really thinking of releasing this in 2010 then annoucing it NOW would be very smart.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #112
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

This is good. WB needs a plan and to start actually using the characters they have to their advantage.

Yet another reason the creation of Marvel Studios has been so great...it is now going to breed competition, and competition will yield better, more consistant results (ideally of course).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #113
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I won't laugh at you though

I just feel like some of these folks, like your Steve and Jayne (whoever) are just as biased as everyone else, and I have worked in Hollywood and I do know **** changes with the wind.

I'm hoping someone answers about the SDCC panels. I usually hear good questions if someone is prepped. Plus, if they are really thinking of releasing this in 2010 then annoucing it NOW would be very smart.
Yep that's true. Changes happen all the time. But if the rumor is true, then an announcement will come after the release of The Dark Knight. So we have to be patient for a little longer.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #114
charl_huntress

Quote:
Yep that's true. Changes happen all the time. But if the rumor is true, then an announcement will come after the release of The Dark Knight. So we have to be patient for a little longer.
Didn't Showtime already tell you

Old 07-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #115
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

We Superman fans will never a get a good movie. So sad

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #116
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
We Superman fans will never a get a good movie. So sad
My confidence in a sequel (especially from Singer) is slim to none also.

But years ago, we were given B&R, and it looked like Batman would never get a good movie again. Then, we got BB (I won't mention TDK, as I have not seen it).

So maybe Supes need to tank and be in limbo before we get another person like Donner who understands the material.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #117
charl_huntress

I just hope this sequel produces a cartoon a la Batman Begins did for the The Batman.

le sigh...SR produced nothing tangible for the next generation of Superman fans...hopefully the SR sequel will

Old 07-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #118
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I just hope this sequel produces a cartoon a la Batman Begins did for the The Batman.

le sigh...SR produced nothing tangible for the next generation of Superman fans...hopefully the SR sequel will
I doubt it will...I am pretty much just waiting for the reboot that I will get eventually...I don't care how long it takes!

Old 07-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #119
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Didn't Showtime already tell you
Nope, some insider from BlueTights.net said that and posted it all over the Superman forums.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #120
charl_huntress

Quote:
Nope, some insider from BlueTights.net said that and posted it all over the Superman forums.
lol

Old 07-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #121
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I doubt it will...I am pretty much just waiting for the reboot that I will get eventually...I don't care how long it takes!
That's why I want to see about DC animation panels. Are you fricking telling me that DC wants to put out a movie in 2010 and they have no cartoons...no other sort of focus for Supes?

SR couldn't even produce a fully realized cartoon. We got the sucky ass LOSH, and two cameo apperances on The Batman.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #122
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
That's why I want to see about DC animation panels. Are you fricking telling me that DC wants to put out a movie in 2010 and they have no cartoons...no other sort of focus for Supes?

SR couldn't even produce a fully realized cartoon. We got the sucky ass LOSH, and two cameo apperances on The Batman.

I just don't know how interested in another Supes cartoon they are. We've seen WB is ever eager to do ANYTHING for Batman, not sure for Supes. They should have made one during SR's run.

I wish I knew what WB is thinking.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #123
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I just don't know how interested in another Supes cartoon they are. We've seen WB is ever eager to do ANYTHING for Batman, not sure for Supes. They should have made one during SR's run.

I wish I knew what WB is thinking.
They tried to...but they couldn't. Believe me they wanted to...but they couldn't.

BB has pre-laid plans for a cartoon. Supes....well...he got BSinger, and no cartoon.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #124
Nixon
Side-Kick

Why couldn't they?

And The Batman was on the go a year before Batman Begins was in theatres so it's unlikely it was a product of the success of that movie.

Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #125
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Why couldn't they?

And The Batman was on the go a year before Batman Begins was in theatres so it's unlikely it was a product of the success of that movie.
Originally the show was to be Superboy and LOSH and it was to be a Supes show with the LOSH featuring in when they called him. However, the lawsuit changed that, and they changed the show. It happened very early so it wasn't that big of deal. I talked to Tucker at SDCC and he said that DC put a kibosh (sp) on the cartoon mania because they had no idea what Singer was going to do.

Hence...Singer is the reason we have no cartoons.

edit:

BB had pre-laid plans for a cartoon. DC wanted a cartoon for that movie. It was a different scenario with Singer.