The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #376
Migu-EL
Side-Kick

Default Re: 8.04 - Instinct - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I think Maxima returning depends on how well the episode was received and how the ratings fared. It seems to have been a solid episode with a good showing in the ratings. So I'd think that they'll bring her back on the show. But who knows?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #377
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_f4 View Post
who is X?

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #378
Venomfan
Side-Kick

ill say it again, my immediate thought was

Mr. X = Mr. Mxylpik

i read he's in this season. i have absolutely no idea of what that character is about though so maybe i'm way off. I just figured since i had read about him appearing.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #379
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Mxy showed up in season four...I haven't read anywhere he is due back.

I still say that all signs point to LeX.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #380
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
Funny thing is as I watched that scene, I was like, "I bet Kal loved this part."
lol Brainy you have no idea how much I went head over heels in love with that part .

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 10-10-2008 at 02:16 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #381
Zorex
No T, No Shade

I guess the most logical assumption for "X" would be "Lex," but, really, and this is compliment to the episode, I feel like there's no sure way of knowing. I wasn't expecting the turn of "it's been stolen," and for Tess to essentially be taunted by the thief.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #382
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

When I saw the "X" part, I was trying to remember any of the spoilers about future episodes but I couldn't think of any that may indicate who this "X" person is. So I immediately assumed it's Lex. I think it will turn out to be Lex and he's watching everything from afar.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #383
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_f4 View Post
who is X?

Red X

Old 10-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #384
LadyVader
Smile like you mean it.

Well, we do know that CW wants to make The Graysons. The plot thickens!

Old 10-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #385
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
While I thought Maxima should be bigger....The actress who played her was Hot!
y'know, that's the opposite of what I was thinking. She was standing up to wellings nose/eyes. Since he's 6'4 that'd put the character at like 6'2 at the least. Whether that's the actresses height or clever camera tricks, who knows, who cares. I was comparing her to Tom, thought that she seemed pretty tall.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #386
dnno1
Side-Kick

Can you believe that? I thought it was the best episode of the season and it still came in last place for Thursday night in ratings. I guess everybody is opting to use their DVR's (whatever that may mean) instead of watching the show in actual real time.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #387
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
ill say it again, my immediate thought was

Mr. X = Mr. Mxylpik

i read he's in this season. i have absolutely no idea of what that character is about though so maybe i'm way off. I just figured since i had read about him appearing.
Source? Because there are no spoilers about him from reliable sources.

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #388
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
y'know, that's the opposite of what I was thinking. She was standing up to wellings nose/eyes. Since he's 6'4 that'd put the character at like 6'2 at the least. Whether that's the actresses height or clever camera tricks, who knows, who cares. I was comparing her to Tom, thought that she seemed pretty tall.

although she has been quoted (by Lois Lane) as being 6'2" Superman still towers her whenever they are depicted together. I think the got it right for this episode.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #389
Mikelus
Islander

Ratings have been stable this season, the CW shows are always last, nothing new.

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #390
dnno1
Side-Kick

Man, to think the directions they could take this show if it were on HBO or Showtime?

Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #391
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migu-EL View Post
I think Maxima returning depends on how well the episode was received and how the ratings fared. It seems to have been a solid episode with a good showing in the ratings. So I'd think that they'll bring her back on the show. But who knows?
just a thought here, but in DOS, Maxima was the first legit superpowered being the Doomsday encounters upon being release. Yes, he rips apart a couple of second string leaguers, but DD and Maxima go at it in the gas station.

perhaps that is her purpose for the season, when the time comes... to show doomsday thrashing another super powered being. Meaning she could get a return on that basis. I'd be cool with it if they toned down the 'i'm desperately horny' and had a little more 'I'm the royal queen, do as I say'.

I mean honestly, before Clark meets his island in DD, DD must be appropriately developed through the massacre of some strong krypto freaks and the justice league, indiscriminately of course.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #392
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

Well you also got to take in account that it's playoff time for baseball. The first game of the NLCS between the Dodgers and Phillies was on last night at 8. I'm not saying this is the reason, but I will admit if it was the Red Sox game on instead of the Dodgers I would have watched the Sox game and watched Smallville later.

greenlantern248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #393
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Man, to think the directions they could take this show if it were on HBO or Showtime?
we would get to see Lois naked.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #394
Mandrill
Side-Kick

I'm glad Clark went back to feed Shelby otherwise it's a slippery slope..first you don't feed the dog then you throw his ball into space ....

Maxima was pretty hot and I liked Tom's smile when she kissed him he was like Red K Clark bout to get himself some pie.I love watching Lois and Clark together it's much more enjoyable than Lana and Clark ,which I did like orginally but 7 years of it got tireing.

Mandrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #395
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
just a thought here, but in DOS, Maxima was the first legit superpowered being the Doomsday encounters upon being release. Yes, he rips apart a couple of second string leaguers, but DD and Maxima go at it in the gas station.

perhaps that is her purpose for the season, when the time comes... to show doomsday thrashing another super powered being. Meaning she could get a return on that basis. I'd be cool with it if they toned down the 'i'm desperately horny' and had a little more 'I'm the royal queen, do as I say'.

I mean honestly, before Clark meets his island in DD, DD must be appropriately developed through the massacre of some strong krypto freaks and the justice league, indiscriminately of course.

I made a similar comment like that in another thread. Somehow they will need to have her turn over a new leaf because she is more than likely wanted for multiple murders now. In the comics she beat that rap buy using her royal status as diplomatic immunity. Plus she made several appearances before she got over Superman.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If she makes a return you've go to think that she would be pissed off at Clark for jilting her or she is so insanely in love with him that she would step in to defend him from DD.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #396
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post

I made a similar comment like that in another thread. Somehow they will need to have her turn over a new leaf because she is more than likely wanted for multiple murders now. In the comics she beat that rap buy using her royal status as diplomatic immunity. Plus she made several appearances before she got over Superman.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If she makes a return you've go to think that she would be pissed off at Clark for jilting her or she is so insanely in love with him that she would step in to defend him from DD.
yeah, DD has to face off against some serious opposition in order to make Clark's meeting with him all the more profound and significant.

if these good episodes keep coming, I could see myself supporting this conception go to the big screen. It really is the time. If the show runners want to take SV to the next level, now is precisely the time to make this show shine, as the Superman movie franchise is up in the air.

Last edited by Superfreak; 10-10-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #397
B
[insert witty comment]

What an awesome episode, the only bad thing being Maxima's quick exit

I demand her to be back for 2nd's of Clark

I want her bracelet fixed and her to be back in Smallville ASAP, because not only is she a good character, but the actress playing her is so smoking hot...I just cant stand to watch the show unless shes in it...

Nah but in all seriousness they need to get her back asap as she was real good, I like the way Tess prods Clark for information, its like she says something and studys his facial reactions to judge if hes telling the truth the actress playing her is really hot as well

The progress of the Lois & Clark is moving very nicely as well & it was because of Maxima that it pushed it even further than its gone before with the 2

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #398
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVader View Post
Well, we do know that CW wants to make The Graysons. The plot thickens!
Ugh. That show makes me want to puke. Why, of all characters in the entire DC universe, did Robin happen to be the one that they would want to base a show upon?!

Why?!

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #399
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD_SILENT_MAN View Post
Ugh. That show makes me want to puke. Why, of all characters in the entire DC universe, did Robin happen to be the one that they would want to base a show upon?!

Why?!
Because Nolan wouldn't let them use Batman.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #400
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD_SILENT_MAN View Post

Why?!
indeed, why? every other first line dc superhero is so doable, why a sidekick... turned solo hero?