Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #26
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Default Re: Who Will Rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Oh, wow, I hadn't even read those SI: Inhumans solicitations before. I just took it for granted that I would skip it. I'll have to rethink that now.
Joe Quesada cackles evilly at having procured even more of your money.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #27
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quesada can't cackle evilly, silly. He'd choke on his own lards of fat.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #28
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

If it's cosmic-related, I'm happy to give Joe Q my money. He can take turns laughing and crying, since he's getting paid but he hates cosmic stuff.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #29
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
Quesada can't cackle evilly, silly. He'd choke on his own lards of fat.
Hence, him losing all that weight.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #30
Anubis
Sup?

Not enough to silence the fat jokes though. He's still got quite a pooch.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #31
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
If it's cosmic-related, I'm happy to give Joe Q my money. He can take turns laughing and crying, since he's getting paid but he hates cosmic stuff.

My thought's exactly. If it is part of cosmic Marvel, I'm happy to give him my money.

I love my cosmic characters.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #32
Mr. Green
Where the Wild Hulks Are

The thing that makes the cosmic events cool, besides the awesome characters and plots, is the fact that it doesn't draw almost every single other Marvel comic into tie-ins that end up being pointless anyway.

Question: I don't really follow the X-Men. So Vulcan is the emperor of the Shiar empire now?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #33
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

See, the fact that Joe Q can't stand space comics, yet under his watch we are actually getting some great ones now, almost makes me respect him more. When was the last time Dan DiDio published something that wasn't from his favored decade (i.e. the 60's-70's)?

Anyway, any announcements about Annihilation III or merging Guardians with Starjammers sound good to me. Just so long as this time, DnA don't decide to focus the event on characters they haven't gotten a full handle on yet.

FYI, got to love how "Space Emo" Wraith was dropped like a bad cold after AC ended.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #34
Silicon Surfer
Side-Kick

I wonder if they will get around to showing us Lockjaws energy powers finally. All they have ever shown is that he can create a powerful force field, but what else can he do. A forlorn hope no doubt but a cosmic storyline would be a good place to finally do it.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #35
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
No no Corp, you have it wrong. Brother is a ****. Vulcan, to be precise. Cyclops however is a badass.
No, I'm kinda finding Cyclops to be utterly unlikable these days. Especially since he formed X-Force to go out and kill people and takes X-23 away from trying to not be a murderous beast again against Wolverine's wishes and orders Wolverine on a hit to kill Mystique.

Let's not forget that he cheated on Jean with Emma Frost and made out with her on her grave. Is beyond a dick to Xavier now. And abandoned his wife and child.

Quote:
I didn't read the first two Annhilation stories, cause I'm not big on space Marvel, but if the Spacejammers are in the next one, I just might have to.
Read them, they're great.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #36
GyLocke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
No, I'm kinda finding Cyclops to be utterly unlikable these days. Especially since he formed X-Force to go out and kill people and takes X-23 away from trying to not be a murderous beast again against Wolverine's wishes and orders Wolverine on a hit to kill Mystique.

Let's not forget that he cheated on Jean with Emma Frost and made out with her on her grave. Is beyond a dick to Xavier now. And abandoned his wife and child.
badass.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is the finest movie ever made.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 AM   #37
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Sign me up!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #38
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
Question: I don't really follow the X-Men. So Vulcan is the emperor of the Shiar empire now?
Yes, he allied himself with D'Ken, who married him to his sister Deathbird; Vulcan then killed D'Ken, and took the throne for himself. There was a civil war for a bit, but Vulcan proved himself to be sufficiently brutal to be a Shi'ar in the eyes of Lilandra's chief general, so most of her soldiers defected, and most of the Starjammers were captured. When last we left off, Lilandra and Rachel were basically the only free ones; Havok, Polaris, Ch'od and Raza were being held in some dank prison moon where everyone but Havok is tortured daily as Vulcan's method of causing Havok pain.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 AM   #39
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post

I agree, Cyclops is a total bastard. But didn't Wolverine decide to try and kill Mystique on his own?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #40
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Cyclops asked him to; Wolverine was cool with it.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #41
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I guess I forgot that part.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #42
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
I've been waiting to see what Havok, Polaris, and Rachel (Marvel Girl is still dumb, Phoenix doesn't really belong to her) would be up to next.

Given the solicit to the Secret Invasion: Inhumans miniseries, I imagine they'll be involved too.
Wow, good call:

Who Will Rule? Inhumans

Old 07-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #43
Mr. Green
Where the Wild Hulks Are

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
Yes, he allied himself with D'Ken, who married him to his sister Deathbird; Vulcan then killed D'Ken, and took the throne for himself. There was a civil war for a bit, but Vulcan proved himself to be sufficiently brutal to be a Shi'ar in the eyes of Lilandra's chief general, so most of her soldiers defected, and most of the Starjammers were captured. When last we left off, Lilandra and Rachel were basically the only free ones; Havok, Polaris, Ch'od and Raza were being held in some dank prison moon where everyone but Havok is tortured daily as Vulcan's method of causing Havok pain.
Crazy! Thanks, Capn!

That sounds pretty cool actually. How was the art/writing on it? If this is going to be the center of Annihilation 3, that sounds awesome!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #44
Mr. Green
Where the Wild Hulks Are

Quote:
Wow, good call:

Who Will Rule? Inhumans
Whoa. How 'bout that Medussa, huh? Pretty... naked.

And you know what I just thought about? I bet that with turning out to be a Skrull and everything, I bet the Inhumans are suddenly not so mad about Hulk beating up Blackbolt.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #45
IFryKids
Side-Kick

Wow, so far we have The Guardians, Starjammers, Shi'ar, Nova, and the Inhumans. This is shaping to be a pretty damn big event, whatever is going to happen. I'm already excited.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #46
IFryKids
Side-Kick

And is anyone else kinda surprised that Marvel is still pushing the cosmic stuff like they are? It's not like Conquest burned up the charts, and the same can be said for Nova. Maybe they're actually caring about quality for a change?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #47
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

They probably realize that they've got a solid niche market for Annihilation. They may not burn up the charts, but they're not too low, either. They're usually around the 50s and 60s. Solid for books consisting entirely of third-tier characters. The critical praise for both Nova and Guardians is through the roof, too. I wouldn't be surprised if the third Annihilation series is the last, but I expect a third, even if it's not necessarily this Who Will Rule? thing.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #48
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Yeah, the ANNIHILATION circle of books usually maintains a small but steady audience of about 25-31k, which is around what RUNAWAYS used to sell and not far below IMMORTAL IRON FIST. Plus, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY probably outdid modest expectations, as it is outselling NOVA by a good 10k or more. Not every franchise can be in the Top 10 and this one has been a small but steady hit for a few years now. It makes sense to continue to push it.

Not sure how the Inhumans get involved with space, as they haven't lived on the moon in years. But, whatever.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #49
Hans
Banned User

Uh, the Inhumans are currently living on the moon and have been for quite some time.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #50
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Not sure how the Inhumans get involved with space, as they haven't lived on the moon in years. But, whatever.
They still live on the moon.

They initially go out to look for Black Bolt, apparently, from the solicits for the miniseries.

Closed Thread