The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #51
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Who Will Rule?

Yeah, the solicitations say they head out into space looking for ol' Blackagar. Then they apparently run into the remnants of the Kree Empire under Ronan.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #52
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

I haven't read much of Inhumans for years, so I didn't know they still lived on the moon. I thought they were back on Earth. Oh well.

And yeah, I saw the ad for it; they go after the Skrulls in space looking for Black Bolt, which is a good enough reason to run into people.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #53
Hans
Banned User

It's a shame that SI sort of ruined what was already planned for the Inhumans. I was really looking forward to Hine's follow up to Silent War.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #54
Cachete25
Side-Kick

Yeah, I was going to ask what ever happen at the end of silent war so far as blackbolt, medussa and blackbolt's brother (forgot his name?)

Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #55
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Black Bolt has been deposed with his brother Maximus taking the throne after Attilan was destroyed by suicidal Marines powered by the Terrigen Mists sent by the United States government and SHIELD.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #56
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I bet Medusa just has Karnak judo-chop Maximus until he stops moving, then she takes over.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #57
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Yeah, Maximus the Mad had been dethroned a few times by now, hasn't he? It's like the X-Men seemingly killing Magneto in a fight; every few years like clockwork.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #58
Galact-Gal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
Yes, he allied himself with D'Ken, who married him to his sister Deathbird; Vulcan then killed D'Ken, and took the throne for himself. There was a civil war for a bit, but Vulcan proved himself to be sufficiently brutal to be a Shi'ar in the eyes of Lilandra's chief general, so most of her soldiers defected, and most of the Starjammers were captured. When last we left off, Lilandra and Rachel were basically the only free ones; Havok, Polaris, Ch'od and Raza were being held in some dank prison moon where everyone but Havok is tortured daily as Vulcan's method of causing Havok pain.
What I don't understand is how D'Ken managed to survive until the Rise and Fall story. Lilandra wouldn't have done anything to him, but Deathbird has taken control of the Empire at least a couple of times. And she certainly used to be ruthless enough to have arranged an 'accident' for her brother.

And then she just tamely goes along with the idea of marrying Vulcan!?!

(Thanks to hunter rider for helping this inexperienced computer user get her avatar in place.)
Old 07-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #59
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galact-Gal View Post
What I don't understand is how D'Ken managed to survive until the Rise and Fall story. Lilandra wouldn't have done anything to him, but Deathbird has taken control of the Empire at least a couple of times. And she certainly used to be ruthless enough to have arranged an 'accident' for her brother.
Given his condition, probably unnecessary from her point of view.
Quote:
And then she just tamely goes along with the idea of marrying Vulcan!?!
She was already screwing him at that point, so from her perspective, why not? If she gets tired of him, she can just poison him or whatever.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #60
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Latest information:

Quote:
McCann talked about the "Who will rule?" teasers which have circulated online, and Quesada announced that the images are leading up to a storyline called "War of Kings."

Lowe talked about Vulcan's role in "War of Kings," saying "We've got something coming up at the end of this year with Vulcan that Chris Yost has a very big hand in," saying you'll also see Havok, Polaris and Marvel Girl.

Pokaski discussed Black Bolt's role in "War of Kings," saying that "we're going to see a different side of the Inhumans," and that Black Bolt will be "pretty pissed off."
Very cool name. So Yost is involved (he did a great job with the various X-characters in the Emperor Vulcan miniseries); Polaski is writing the lead-in, and it seems like he'll also be involved in the main project (which stands to reason).

Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #61
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Well, im certainly up for a storyline involving a "pretty pissed off" Black Bolt.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #62
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

More still:
Quote:
At the heart of War of Kings will be Vulcan, the current emperor of the Shi'ar and the spark set to potentially ignite universal chaos. Introduced by Brubaker as the third Summers brother, sibling to the X-Men's Cyclops and Havok, when last we left Vulcan he had solidified claim to his thrown in the X-MEN: EMPEROR VULCAN limited series written by Chris Yost and seemed set to pursue bigger and bloodier conquests.

"Vulcan's a complicated guy with a seriously screwed up personal history," notes Abnett. "[He's] not the most stable of leaders and [now the Shi'ar] are aggressively expanding their empire. This will put them at loggerheads with the universe around them and will certainly color their response to any potential [obstacles] that might come their way."

Those obstacles will include Havok and his team of Starjammers, including fellow X-Men alumni Polaris and Marvel Girl, though both editor and writing team declined comment on how the middle Summers brother would pose a threat from within the prison he found himself confided to following EMPEROR VULCAN. They would, however, enthusiastically discuss the most surprising wild cards involved in "War of Kings," the Inhumans:

"The Inhumans have a special place in the Marvel Universe, but they don't really know their place in the human world," explains Abnett. "They're weird. They're wonderful. They are the perennial outcasts. The outsiders. They live in a fabulously alien city with a bizarre caste society and an even stranger Royal Family. That could me why [Andy and myself], as Brits, find them so endearing: they remind us of our own wacky royals!"

At the moment, the Inhumans have their own troubles to deal with in SECRET INVASION: INHUMANS, having just learned their deposed leader, Black Bolt, has been kidnapped and replaced by the Skrulls. Rosemann vows that the limited seriesó written by Joe Pokaski with art by Tom Raney with the first issue hitting on August 13ówill have huge ramifications on War of Kings as it pertains to the role of the Inhumans:

"The Inhumans' former king was kidnapped, possibly killed, and replaced by a hated enemy. What kind of a mood do you think they're going to be in?"

"They're mad as hell and they aren't going to take it anymore," tacks on Lanning.

And how will all this impending warfare affect the cosmic protectors DnA write about monthly in the NOVA and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY series, which the writers assure will tie into War of Kings in "easily digestible, bite-sized portions"?
So the Inhumans decide to conquer the universe or something?

It will be cool to see Havok, Polaris et al. and the Shi'ar get involved with the other cosmic guys; same with the Inhumans. The only really notable interaction between the X-centric alien characters and the Avengers/Fantastic Four ones that I can think of was in Operation: Galactic Storm in the early 90s.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:30 AM   #63
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

Man...imagine it:

Nova Vs. Vulcan (The way I see it, Nova SHOULD tear him a new one)

Korvus Vs. Drax (Drax would tear him a new one actually)

Super-Skrull Vs. Black Bolt

Havok Vs. Quasar

Quasar Vs. Marvel Girl...

Man, I just hope this is as explosive as the first Annihilation.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #64
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I think it'll be more like Vulcan tries to conquer the universe and, in so doing, runs afoul of the Inhumans, who are still out in space. Or maybe Vulcan was somehow involved in the kidnapping of Black Bolt. Either way, it seems like Vulcan and the Inhumans are the major players in this, while Nova and the Guardians, as self-appointed protectors of the universe, are just going to be swept up in the middle of it.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #65
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwraith View Post
Korvus Vs. Drax (Drax would tear him a new one actually)

Havok Vs. Quasar

Quasar Vs. Marvel Girl...
Why would the Starjammers fight the Guardians?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #66
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Because Polaris is a b**** and half the Guardians are a**holes? Misunderstandings are easy under those circumstances.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #67
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Hey, she hasn't been a ***** for a while now!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #68
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Polaris will always be a b****. The only time she almost kinda wasn't was in Peter David's old X-Factor series.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #69
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

So this Kings ******** is what we're talking about?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 07-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #70
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, apparently the Who Will Rule? things were a tease for this War of Kings crossover. I'm fully expecting it to be "Annihilation: War of Kings" by the time all is said and done.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #71
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Why would you expect that?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 07-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #72
IFryKids
Side-Kick

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...romo-Piece.jpg

teaser image.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #73
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah this should take like a page for Blackbolt to rip Vulcan a new Summers brother.....out of his anus.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #74
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Vulcan's vaguely-defined power is energy manipulation at Omega-levels, so he could feasibly deal with some of Black Bolt's attacks if DnA's plot calls for it.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #75
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I don't give a **** about power levels.

Closed Thread