Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #101
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Default Re: Who Will Rule?/War of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
They had the audacity to just decide they're gonna kill off the Phoenix in the name of universal safety. You'd think the Nova Corps or whichever lackey Epoch was employing at the time would've stepped in and gone, "Um, guys? Kinda pushing into my territory there."
How are the Nova Corps or Epoch any more authoritative than the Shi'ar? The Shi'ar are one of the big three universal empires (sometimes described as the biggest), more powerful than either of those groups.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #102
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Who Will Rule?/War of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
That's not the point. Nova couldn't win the fight, but it would be another opportunity to show how heroic Nova has become, even to the point of fighting a battle he knows he can't win, with the possibility of death, just for the sake of saving those who can't save themselves.
People said that when he fought Silver Surfer, but, even Rhino's fought Silver Surfer.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #103
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
People said that when he fought Silver Surfer, but, even Rhino's fought Silver Surfer.

Fine...be a party pooper.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #104
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
How are the Nova Corps or Epoch any more authoritative than the Shi'ar? The Shi'ar are one of the big three universal empires (sometimes described as the biggest), more powerful than either of those groups.
Be that as it may, the Nova Corps is recognized as a law enforcement organization by pretty much the whole universe, isn't it? They actually go out and police the galaxy, as opposed to squabbling amongst themselves and then deciding they know what's best for everyone when one random alien gets the power of God.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #105
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Will the Silver Surfer be involved in this any kind of way?

Old 07-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #106
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

There hasn't been any mention of him so far. He's probably off finding planets for Galactus, unconcerned with the petty squabbles of some fleeting civilizations.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #107
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
Fine...be a party pooper.

Sorry.

But, frankly, if Cannonball could friggin' beat Gladiator, then I want Nova to, as well.

Quote:
Be that as it may, the Nova Corps is recognized as a law enforcement organization by pretty much the whole universe, isn't it? They actually go out and police the galaxy, as opposed to squabbling amongst themselves and then deciding they know what's best for everyone when one random alien gets the power of God.
Devil's Advocate would ask who asked the Xandarians to become Space Police across the universe? Of course, they are more accepted than the Shi'ar because they aren't out to conquer anyone. And usually aren't supreme ****'s.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #108
Silicon Surfer
Side-Kick

Cannonball did not beat Gladiator. He surprised him and knocked him down once. Then some of the X-Men arrived and called him off before the fight could resume. Gladiator wasn't hurt at all. He probably would have killed Cannonball.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #109
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Seems like a US/UN situation to me; even less powerful than the UN, really, since the Xandarians are just one civilization who decided to police everybody else. There'd be no reason for any major space power to take any kind of heed of them (in the Phoenix Saga, for example, the decisions are made by tripartite conference between Lilandra, the Skrull Emperor, and the Supreme Intelligence).

Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #110
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not saying the Shi'ar had to obey them. I'm saying the Shi'ar were douchebags for not working with the Nova Corps--a recognized police force throughout the galaxy, regardless of why they are such--on the Phoenix problem before declaring themselves judge, jury, and executioner. It is rather like the US/UN situation, and you know what? Most of the world thinks the US is full of giant douchebags, too.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #111
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

I don't think its really been explored...after all Xandar and the Nova Corps is a relatively unexplored ground.

Aside from Some stuff in New Warriors the Nova Corps were not really involved in jack squat in the cosmic universe prior to ten years ago..and the older stuff was largely off panel mentions. Every time Xandar appeared it was getting destroyed. (what like 3 or 4 times now?)

Most Books aside from New Warriors, Nova, some FF issues and Avengers (supernova arc) didnt use the Nova Corps much.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #112
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Which is a shame. But at least now Richie is making them a major force in the cosmic landscape again. Too bad he's the only one left.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #113
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/072808siinhumansprev.html

A preview of the SI: Inhumans miniseries that will be leading into this.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #114
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I love seeing Karnak's big, bulbous head.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #115
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

It was a shame about the Xandarian Corps too. At least since Annihilation, Marvel has figured if they're going to rip off the GLC, they may as well try to do it right. Knock-off's in the industry have happened since Superman; BAD or underwhelming knock-offs that offer no innovation or missed potential are what turn people off. Rich is still the Nova Prime and is too traumatized by the death of Ko-Rell and now Worldmind to recruit much. Plus, being busy with saving planets and all.

Last edited by Dread; 08-02-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #116
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

The Lone Ranger feel they're giving Rich suits him fine in my opinion. If DnA wan to hold out on creating a new Nova Corps, they're welcomed to it. As for Gladiator, I think Rich can defeat him. He's fought Annihilus, staved off the Technarchy-virus, fought 4 of the more powerful Thunderbolts. He's developed a mind for strategy, seen by his short fight with the Surfer. He can do it...if DnA let him.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #117
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwraith View Post
The Lone Ranger feel they're giving Rich suits him fine in my opinion. If DnA wan to hold out on creating a new Nova Corps, they're welcomed to it. As for Gladiator, I think Rich can defeat him. He's fought Annihilus, staved off the Technarchy-virus, fought 4 of the more powerful Thunderbolts. He's developed a mind for strategy, seen by his short fight with the Surfer. He can do it...if DnA let him.
Harrow gave him issues.

But, yeah, Nova's the "prime" now and is powerful enough to impress Iron Man, which these days says something.

Gladiator is all about effecting his confidence. If Nova could do that, then he can win. If he can't, Gladiator will eventually overwhelm him.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #118
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
What's wrong is that they're such giant douchebags. My goodness. They're more elitist and arrogant than the Kree, more callous and destructive than the Skrulls, and more anachronistic and outdated than humans. Especially in recent years, it's like everything they touch, they ruin with their douchedom. Every time they ever show up in an X-book -- whether it's under Morrison, or Pak, or Claremont, or Brubaker, or Yost -- you know that they're going to **** something up big time with their arrogance and stupidity, all the while everyone for some reason seems to portray them as some sort of ideal apex of galactic civilization. Yeah, no. I hope they all die.
I'm with you on THAT.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #119
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Yeah, BrianWilly's synopsis on the Shi'ar was spot on.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #120
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

You guys should be looking forward to War of Kings more than anyone, then. Everything seems to indicate that Vulcan's gonna march the Shi'ar out into the universe to conquer everyone else and wind up getting their collective ass kicked.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #121
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I just want those 3 X-Men back home soon

Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #122
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd like Havok back. Polaris and Rachel can f*** off and die for all I care.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #123
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

That's how I feel about all the Starjammers left up there

Old 08-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #124
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I like Raza and Ch'od. The new Starjammers should be Havok, Raza, Ch'od, and some of the Imperial Guard that defects under Vulcan's extreme lameness.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #125
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Hey, maybe some of the Inhumans will kill some characters you dislike haha.